Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,138

I don't suppose anyone has found a good Daisy Ridley (Rey from Star Wars) yet? 

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,967
    edited January 2019

She's a pretty woman. Only one look at her and you'll know.
    https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g3_g8_celebrity_series_31.htm

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,948

Thanks for the heads up Masterstroke

New one added

List 01 - 25 https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4054716/#Comment_4054716

List updated 

CS26 - Emily Blunt

CS27 - Miley Cyrus

CS28 - Gigi Hadid

CS29 - Anne Hathaway

CS30 - Sandra Bullock

CS31 - Julia Roberts

https://www.most-digital-creations.com/poser_daz_studio_characters.htm

• dragotx said:

Nope. I've been dying for one for ages. There's one on another site that shall not be named, but it's very strange looking and not great quality in my opinion.

Waiting for Mousso or Sangriart to heed the call. :P

• dragotx said:

Nope. I've been dying for one for ages. There's one on another site that shall not be named, but it's very strange looking and not great quality in my opinion.

I 2nd that!

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,138
    dragotx said:

I think I know which one you are talking about, and I'm pretty sure that those are ripped out of a game engine.
  • ironclawxiiironclawxii Posts: 172
    edited January 2019
    dragotx said:
    dragotx said:

I think I know which one you are talking about, and I'm pretty sure that those are ripped out of a game engine.

Yeah, that would be the one. It has some very strange ripples on the face, the cheeks are completely sunken. It's almost like a characature rather than actually looking like her.

Post edited by ironclawxii on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,858
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 803

As I scroll through the pictures, some are Weaver, but some are meryl streep-ish. So like this could be two calebs in one package.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,081
    edited January 2019

Sigourney as Ellen Ripley.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • nemesis10 said:

If you want both, then buy both. The way some are complaining like it's the worst controversy since Watergate is silly.

But the thing for me is, apart from the sheer stupidity of the whole thing is this. I bought the package before it was pulled. Are they going to offer me both packages as compensation in the event there are updates, as happens from time to time? And Richard Haseltine can go ahead and feel I'm violating some sort of code for all I care. Fora may be moderated and never really enjoy what you'd call First Amendment protections, but as long as I don't go around insulting people what difference does it make.

The major point was the separation of assets. It was originally packaged as an entire set, then split - both parts being priced equivalently to the original package. That isn't that difficult to parse. That was a major reason I bought so little from RDNA back in the day. So much content was piece mealed out. Outfits were sold not as such but as individual items.

And the notion of Ghosttown forums is apt, trying to find anything current (or topical) is less likely than getting a good search result off of the Daz forums search engine.

In general, products are treated as one-time transactions.  It is nice to get updates but there is no contract that requires that they be provided.  In practice, what has happened in the various stores is that you would get the appropriate updates for both the figures you bought because your transaction involved buying them both.  Someone else who bought only one would get the update for the single figure.  Likewise, if you needed to download the figure again, you would have access to both figures since your transaction involved two figures.
    separately, some people only want part of a product and don't like buying things they will not use.

I don't think you bothered to read my post, not really. But whatever. In practice, and I'm quite familiar with the practices of the store in question after having been a member for nigh a decade as far as I recall and spending far more money than I care to contemplate there. I've often gotten emails notifying me about updated assets ready to be downloaded - often due to the fact that portions were absent in the original or were not in the location they were supposed to be.

In any event it apparently escaped your notice that my point was that originally the asset in question was sold as a whole for a single price, then split into two separate packages containing the individual parts of the original but, and this is the crucial point, so try to pay attention this time - they were offered at the same cost as the original. If all versions of the figure were worth X then it scarcely justifies splitting them and charging 2X. Not to mention the orphaned nature of my product. I don't recall specifically any Sangriart updates, but that scarcely precludes the possibility of their future existence, does it? Hence my speculation.

Then we get to the other interesting part of your response. "Some people only want part of a product and don't like buying things they will not use." Yes, like bikinis - so often those are sold as individual pieces, don't you find? The RDNA assets were overpriced, compared to equivalent Daz assets that accomplished the same things. Especially when you consider that to compile a complete outfit you were often required to purchase several separate pieces, all of them priced high enough to make the set higher than anything you'd see here for instance. The only stuff I tended to get from there was from Aeon Soul/Aery Soul - they at least went to the bother of creating and selling complete outfits as if they were such.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

A number of posts debating legal issues have been removed. Please remember to keep the thread on topic. 
    Thank you

• Thanks Chohole, and sorry we got so out of hand there.

• Sorry if this is a double post, but I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see one... I think this one is Jeff Bridges.

https://www.daz3d.com/walker-hd-for-vladimir-8

smantha said:

Sorry if this is a double post, but I scrolled back a few pages and didn't see one... I think this one is Jeff Bridges.

https://www.daz3d.com/walker-hd-for-vladimir-8

Possibly, apart from the chin I was going with Tom Hardy.

• So, besides Onishi and the P3d Mei Lin morphs, I could have sworn that in between that was another Lucy Liu lookalike. Couldn't find it in this thread--maybe I missed it? Couldn't find via online search either. Am I imagining things, or does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

• So, besides Onishi and the P3d Mei Lin morphs, I could have sworn that in between that was another Lucy Liu lookalike. Couldn't find it in this thread--maybe I missed it? Couldn't find via online search either. Am I imagining things, or does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

VHP Limei at Renderosity and Townsend Detective Agency_Alex at Sharecg

• NathNath Posts: 2,797

Probably intended - she had a smallish part in Game of Thrones

VHP Limei at Renderosity and Townsend Detective Agency_Alex at Sharecg

Thanks, but those are older figures. Thought I saw something for G8F released between Onishi and the P3d Mei Lin morphs here at Daz.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,967
    edited February 2019
    Nath said:

Didn't know, she is known outside Germany or Turkey.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,752
    Nath said:

Didn't know, she is known outside Germany or Turkey.

Yeah, there was lots of talk on the net when all the GoT fans found out about her adult movie history. Just like when a movie she had a main role in got that "Golden Bear" german movie award and some infamous german gossip "newsletter" came up with her previous movie activities...

Afaik there have been quite a few "adult movie" actresses with roles in GoT, due to quite a lot of bare flesh being shown in quite a few scenes.

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

I would like to add (in case no one posted it before), Olympia 7 features are very similar to Halle Berry.

• I was wondering if there are any model that resembles Janet Jackson, if not could it be requested to have a custom model?

• Actually I need look alikes for Geena Davis, Uma Thurman, Milla Jojovich & Charlize Theron for a little Cosplay project (think Charlie, Beatrix, Alice, & Violet scantily clad fighting off various miscreants and alien hordes).  The only one I have found is CS 15 from Digital Creations.  She is supposed to be Charlies Theron but the face appears a little too round to be a really good likeness.  I mignt be able to fix her with a little dial spinning.  Any ideas for the other ladies?

• amyw12amyw12 Posts: 63

Actually I need look alikes for Geena Davis, Uma Thurman, Milla Jojovich & Charlize Theron for a little Cosplay project (think Charlie, Beatrix, Alice, & Violet scantily clad fighting off various miscreants and alien hordes).  The only one I have found is CS 15 from Digital Creations.  She is supposed to be Charlies Theron but the face appears a little too round to be a really good likeness.  I mignt be able to fix her with a little dial spinning.  Any ideas for the other ladies?

For Mila:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mrl-eris/99055

You’d have to convert her from V4 to G3F or G8F, and then fix it a little with dials. But I’ve gotten good results using this method.

Actually I need look alikes for Geena Davis, Uma Thurman, Milla Jojovich & Charlize Theron for a little Cosplay project (think Charlie, Beatrix, Alice, & Violet scantily clad fighting off various miscreants and alien hordes).  The only one I have found is CS 15 from Digital Creations.  She is supposed to be Charlies Theron but the face appears a little too round to be a really good likeness.  I mignt be able to fix her with a little dial spinning.  Any ideas for the other ladies?

Charlize Theron - Celebrity Series 15

https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g3_g8_celebrity_series_15.htm

• DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 200
    edited February 2019

https://www.daz3d.com/lilitu-for-tasha-8 ;

Reminds me of someone, but I'm not able to put a name to her. Any suggestions?

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.