Growing Up for Genesis 9 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0, 

Thanks for getting Growing Up 9 out so promptly, and especially for getting the fix before my time zone had even rolled under the Sun this morning ;) 

While we will need a lot of other pieces, on first trials it does give the impression that the new mesh is going to be easier to work with and to produce correct-looking shapes, as we get to grips with it.  Looks promising!

thanks,

/t

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Bought... I mean it's a Zev0 product 

• deepsixdeepsix Posts: 62

Zev0 said:

Hi. Figured it out...

Here is the update link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TYm-VgIOm78aV_NH7HMOas7_q1VsKpR3/view?usp=sharing

Also added a new chest flatten morph which should address all concerns. Updated the shape presets to use the chest flatten morph as well. Will update promo when I have a chance.

Please test this and let me know if all is in order. Just copy files and overwrite the existing ones. If all is in order I will make an official update.

Thanks

Hi there - just a note I think the zip file is missing the Zev0 folder name in presets? Not a problem if you know what you're doing but maybe others will unzip to wrong location?

GUG9 Update.zip\Content\People\Genesis 9\Shapes\Growing Up\...

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 9\Shapes\Zev0\Growing Up\...

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited October 2022

I do not do vanity\PA name folders......My name is not important:) I've never placed products under my PA name. It's just a preference. So Content\People\Genesis 9\Shapes\Growing Up\ is correct.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Zev0 said:

Sevrin said:

I just loaded this with DIM, and then copied the patch files.  The Base Morph works, and the presets, and zero utilies work, and the new Flatten morph works.  None of the other sliders seem to do anything, or even want to move.  No errors reported.

Tested on a fresh base V9 and base G9 with male character applied.

Also, GU for G9 does not show up in Smart Content/Shaping, unlike GU for previous generations.

I'll see whats happening with smart content. Regarding morphs not doing anything please read the usage guide. It is all explained in there.

I see.  No worky without the base active.  This is a new requirement.  I've used GU morphs in the past without this restriction.  Anyway, I imagine there was a reason for this change.  I set the base to 1% and that unlocked sliders.

Thanks

• t0mgt0mg Posts: 48

Zev0 said:

This has been the most stressful release ever lol, but thank you guys for your support and patience. Much appreciated.

@Zevo , as a software Developer myself, I can't help but empathize with you. But you issued a hotfix in no time and customers are happy again :) You rock!

• deepsixdeepsix Posts: 62

Zev0 said:

I do not do vanity\PA name folders......My name is not important:) I've never placed products under my PA name. It's just a preference. So Content\People\Genesis 9\Shapes\Growing Up\ is correct.

Oh ok - but the DAZ installer originally put those files into the Zev0 subfolder so unzipping them from your zip would have just made a second copy I guess.

edited October 2022

deepsix said:

Zev0 said:

Oh ok - but the DAZ installer originally put those files into the Zev0 subfolder so unzipping them from your zip would have just made a second copy I guess.

OK but this was not my decision. Content\People\Genesis 9\Shapes\Growing Up\ is the path I submitted. I will ask why this changed when I submit the official update.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2022

I downloaded the growing up files this morning and tested them. When I found out that I needed to download the fix I decided I do a render with it it first.

It works quite well as a fairy.

Sprite with gumorphs.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Zev0 said:

deepsix said:

Zev0 said:

OK but this was not my decision. Content\People\Genesis 9\Shapes\Growing Up\ is the path I submitted. I will ask why this changed when I submit the official update.

Yes, installing your generous update seems to have made kind of a mess now. I have two different subfolders under Shapes with your growing up stuff now - one as you intended it from the update zip, and one as Daz modified it after your submission. Can't Daz do anything right with this G9 release? (That's a rhetorical question. The answer is abundantly clear.) Now I have to straighten this mess out. I'll uninstall it all and start over.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2022

So this time a render with the fixed morph. 

young girl 2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 416K
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    edited October 2022

There appears to be an eye position issue, specifically around the lateral canthus. The attachments should show the issue clearly. The issue is exacerbated when the 'GU Youth Head Proportion' is used - there is pokethrough of the EyeMoisture surface. Through the character's left pupil you can see the head surface within the eyeball itself.

Can anyone else verify a similar thing? I've got nothing else installed at the moment than G9 + GU.

I think the GU head morph has lost a lot of thickness in this area, compared to G9 base, which might also be having an effect. I wonder if it would be better to keep a comparable, relative thickness and let character morphs adjust this area rather than having to thicken it back up? That's more a side thought than the issue above.

G9 Base.png
    1888 x 1401 - 917K
    GU Base.png
    1888 x 1401 - 939K
    GU Youth Head Proportion.png
    1888 x 1401 - 927K
    Post edited by Frinkky on
  • GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Zev0:  Thanks for putting this package out so quickly!  Will look forward to the next utility for G9!

edited October 2022

Frinkky said:

There appears to be an eye position issue, specifically around the lateral canthus. The attachments should show the issue clearly. The issue is exacerbated when the 'GU Youth Head Proportion' is used - there is pokethrough of the EyeMoisture surface. Through the character's left pupil you can see the head surface within the eyeball itself.

Can anyone else verify a similar thing? I've got nothing else installed at the moment than G9 + GU.

I think the GU head morph has lost a lot of thickness in this area, compared to G9 base, which might also be having an effect. I wonder if it would be better to keep a comparable, relative thickness and let character morphs adjust this area rather than having to thicken it back up? That's more a side thought than the issue above.

Ah thanks. I actually fixed this but the morph was saved outside the packaged folder.

instead of saving it to 

/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Genesis 9 Eyes/Morphs/Zev0/Growing Up/GU Head Proportions Eye Neg.dsf

I saved it to

/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Genesis 9 Eyes/Morphs/Zev0/test/GU Head Proportions Eye Neg.dsf

So ill add it back in with correct path.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited October 2022

Here you go. New update package with that morph added back in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GI9WpgYEBTjb1bpbbnbZcKxTdGaX4bpQ/view?usp=sharing

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Would it be possible to get the "Youth Posture" morph for G9?

It's indispensable for me as it cures the "wet noodle" spine most characters suffer from.

Not sure I should refer to the human spine as a spine now that everything is labeled spine. :( this is going to make for some confusing conversations.

Daz actually changed the posture of G9 by default to be more natural therefore I didn't feel the need to include it.

edited October 2022

barbult said:

Zev0 said:

deepsix said:

Zev0 said:

Yes, installing your generous update seems to have made kind of a mess now. I have two different subfolders under Shapes with your growing up stuff now - one as you intended it from the update zip, and one as Daz modified it after your submission. Can't Daz do anything right with this G9 release? (That's a rhetorical question. The answer is abundantly clear.) Now I have to straighten this mess out. I'll uninstall it all and start over.

Looked at the product folder now from store...They have indeed put the presets under my PA name. Looks like this is indeed the way forward....When I open Shaping or any other folder, I want to see products, not vendor names...Sigh..So guess I will have to place them back under my pa name........

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Ok, thank you.

• Will someone post when there is a Dim fix for this product... not gonna risk the manual fix if Zev0 and Daz use different paths.

Thank you.

edited October 2022

I matched mine to Daz's. The latest update I posted is correct. Presets will go under my PA name.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

Zev0 said:

Here you go. New update package with that morph added back in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GI9WpgYEBTjb1bpbbnbZcKxTdGaX4bpQ/view?usp=sharing

You are the person! I'll check it out in the morning after I finish rendering. It'll be interesting how that fix works with my hastily constructed one...

• I will buy in the store, can someone tell me if it's all fixed and updated before I purchase?

edited October 2022

I rendered this yesterday after the first fix, but before the second fix. I didn't notice a problem with the eyes, but this is kind of a distant shot. Thanks for the latest update!

G9F GU5-6_002_Camera in the mud.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

This may be an odd question, but since this issue required making a new morph to correct the chest, might this cause issues down the road with clothing that doesn't use this new morph? The breast gone morph is commonly found in supported morphs for clothing. But this morph is not technically breast gone, correct? So future G9 clothing that has breast gone supported might not conform well to these models using this morph. 

Is that correct?

It would really suck if this fix winds up hurting the product long term, simply because Daz couldn't get their own morph pack released.

edited October 2022
    No need to worry..Growing Up has two morphs. It's native chest flatten morph, and also supports the breast gone morph from Daz (which I recently fixed, and mimics the chest flatten morph). Regardless, I will be attempting to make a clothing projection morph like I did with the G8 version, but I need more native G9 clothing samples first. But ultimately it is up to clothing vendors to add support for Growing Up. A lot do because of its popularity, but it is not something I can force them to do.
    Post edited by Zev0 on

I see the eye positon issue that @Frinkky pointed out if I look real close for it, but I haven't seen it negatively affect rendering.

G9 Age 5-6 left eye update 2.jpg
    2319 x 1934 - 941K
    G9 Age 9-10 left eye update 2.jpg
    2493 x 1973 - 1M
    G9 Age 5-6 left eye update 2 render.jpg
    1132 x 1196 - 181K
  • Zev0, Is the current product in store up to date and fixed yet?

It wont show in renders to be honest but it needs to be done properly.
    edited October 2022
    3Dmadness said:

Zev0, Is the current product in store up to date and fixed yet?

Nope..Not yet, but the update link I posted is what will be in the official update..I will let you know when it is live.
    Post edited by Zev0 on