Growing Up for Genesis 9 (Commercial)

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

We should get access to the Genesis Body Shapes next week, so that things can get back to normal.  Will GU no longer require those morphs?

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

Zev0 said:

Here you go. New update package with that morph added back in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GI9WpgYEBTjb1bpbbnbZcKxTdGaX4bpQ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you. For reference, this is the additional 'fix' I put in place. I'm not sure how best to control the eyes yet, but it doesn't seem to break anything. This also smooths out some geometry around the eyes and adds back in a little thickness. The eye socket mesh still intersects the eye ball a little, which I should fix... https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar1raAXeQTgPmPFbIWAaz8rQcqbo-g?e=HuTvmB

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited October 2022

Your path needs to be saved as Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\Frinkky

Right now it is Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Morphs\Frinkky

Also it needs to be rigged.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

Zev0 said:

Your path needs to be saved as Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Base\Morphs\Frinkky

Right now it is Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Morphs\Frinkky

Also it needs to be rigged.

Thank you. The path was my bad when packaging it up. I did adjust rigging to shape for the morph and nothing changed. I have done again for the eye translation. File updated.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Zev0 said:

This has been the most stressful release ever lol, but thank you guys for your support and patience. Much appreciated.

I can certainly believe it ;) 

• Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 25

Was about to request a refund, glad I checked here first! I was having the same problem as everyone else with younger characters having huge breasts. (I'm using vanilla installs of all assets from DazCentral.) The update from google drive fixed it for me! Thanks Zev0!

To get a younger Victoria 9, the two ways I've found are:

• Load a base Genesis 9, apply the Victoria 9 materials, apply Growing Up dials or presets.
    • Load Victoria 9, dial out Victoria 9 Body, apply Growing Up dials or presets.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,249
    It's very concerning to me that a PA as talented and skilled as Zev0 is having trouble making an undeveloped chest morph for G9. It has me worried about what the male figures of this generation.
    I Have no issue making such morphs. The issue arose because users were missing the daz and head body morphs, which caused some issues.
    No offense meant. I haven't seen any images that look like a chest with no breast tissue or undeveloped pectorals.
    edited October 2022
    Plenty of examples on page 2. Between some examples. Also you're looking at clay models. With texture you won't even see the sternum.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    I'm sure that looks great under clothing.

I think it's fine.

Capture.JPG
    1125 x 690 - 45K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    Timbales said:
    It's very concerning to me that a PA as talented and skilled as Zev0 is having trouble making an undeveloped chest morph for G9. It has me worried about what the male figures of this generation.
    Did you install the update that Zev0 posted here in the forum? He made a special morph to work around the problem of Daz not releasing the product with the breast gone morph yet.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited October 2022

She looks fine to me.

G9F age 5-6 Base Shirt dForce_001_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 957K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Zev0 said:

3Dmadness said:

Zev0, Is the current product in store up to date and fixed yet?

Nope..Not yet, but the update link I posted is what will be in the official update..I will let you know when it is live.

Thanks heaps for your work, Zev. :)

Sevrin said:

We should get access to the Genesis Body Shapes next week, so that things can get back to normal.  Will GU no longer require those morphs?

In case you missed the question.  Thanks for dealing with our questions. 

edited October 2022

As of now it doesn't require those morphs, but will work with them if present. They are still supported, they just don't auto dial up like they did before if they were missing.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • The update is available now in DIM. Considering Daz speed, this was really fast.

edited October 2022
    Ah ok. Status still shows final q/a in pass..I'll look when I get home.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited October 2022

Product has indeed been officially updated.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • drucdruc Posts: 341

Thanks for the update. I downloaded it today. I did a check using standard G9 set to 100% female with Soft Curls Long Hair for Genesis 9. Please see picture (002a) and note forehead.

Now, I am not sure where to go with this. If I remove all Growing up morphs (zero morphs)  I get this (003a)

003a.png
    1280 x 2276 - 5M
    edited October 2022

Hair normally contain an expand morph. That is just the skullcap intersecting the mesh. Simply dial this morph on the hair up a little 

• Adjust-HeadSize
    Post edited by Zev0 on

If I change the hair to Soft Curls Ponytail for Genesis 9 see picture 004a I don't have the same issue.

I am not sure if this is a growing up issue or OOT Soft Curls Long Hair for Genesis 9 but it seems to only effect G9 when Growing up morphs are applied.

002a.png
    1280 x 2276 - 4M
    004a.png
    1280 x 2276 - 4M

This is a none issue. Most hair sets contains these morphs so you can adjust the fit to extreme shapes. Simply dial up the morph I mentioned.

Thank you Zev0 and this is why I buy your products and are happy too. One click on the "plus sign" on Adjust HeadSize fixed the issue. THANK YOU

No Problem.yes

Almost every OOT hair requires a head-size or forehead adjustment when loaded, and sometimes again after applying a pose.  It's just something to expect with OOT hair, and the adjustments do what they are supposed to.

• dave_in_tenndave_in_tenn Posts: 14
    edited October 2022

This was made before the G9 morphs were released.  Oh happy dials.

In spite of the stress, this may be your best GU release yet.  GU has always done the hard work in younger character creations, but with G9, we'll finally be able to mix attributes of "father" and "mother" in offspring of either gender.  I think Junior here looks quite a bit like his mom. 

Vic9 and son.jpg
    1440 x 1440 - 391K
    Post edited by dave_in_tenn on