Mechasar's Characters Catalog: Who's next? (commercial)

MechasarMechasar Posts: 181
edited September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Take a guess!

Characters_Teaser_Catalog.jpg
800 x 2325 - 2M
Post edited by Mechasar on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,108

Ned Flanders and Velma Dinkley?

• eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
    edited September 2022

... For some reason, I can't see the man as anyone other than Herbert West: Re-Animator.

Post edited by [email protected] on

That would certainly be more in line with Mechasar's other offerings.

• If you don't know, Mechasar, what chance do we? wink

Regards,

Richard

• Gordig said:

Ned Flanders and Velma Dinkley?

That's pretty close... you got their temperament

Turns out the answer was "Ollie's teenage son and the girl he fantasizes about but who is way out of his league".

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Ah...a young Bill Gates. LOL

• Thanks!

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113
    Gordig said:

Turns out the answer was "Ollie's teenage son and the girl he fantasizes about but who is way out of his league".

They're dating. Gladys is a gamer and strategy is her passtime. She knows that Norbert is going to make it big in the tech industry, so she supports him now because he'll support her and her hobby later. Plus, Norbert comes off as the guy who doesn't realize he's funny, and sometimes she needs a good laugh.
  • MimicMolly said:

Gordig said:

They're dating. Gladys is a gamer and strategy is her passtime. She knows that Norbert is going to make it big in the tech industry, so she supports him now because he'll support her and her hobby later. Plus, Norbert comes off as the guy who doesn't realize he's funny, and sometimes she needs a good laugh.

Greeeeat script! :D

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited September 2022

The last of Norbert's promos looks rather like Norbert's head on a slightly different body. But the store page doesn't list a seperate head and body morph. Is this actually an option? Or is this a dial precentage?

Post edited by JOdel on
  • JOdel said:

The last of Norbert's promos looks rather like Norbert's head on a slightly different body. But the store page doesn't list a seperate head and body morph. Is this actually an option? Or is this a dial precentage?

I'd love to know the answer to this, too.

I looked at the document wiki for Norbert and didn't see anything that looked like separate head/body morphs.

I have him in my cart. :)

Lee

• Separate head and body morphs

• It says that there are "Anatomical Elements". I didn't see any in my library.

• Mechasar said:

Separate head and body morphs

Thank you for letting us know that, Mechasar! :)

I'm purchasing him in a few minutes.

Lee

Mr Bowen said:

It says that there are "Anatomical Elements". I didn't see any in my library.

Anatomical element TEXTURES.

• i've bought Gladys and have a couple of questions...

1, How do i turn normal maps on/off ? (most products come with an easy one click solution)

2, The Promo images shows enhanced facial expressions as if it comes with a few but i can't find any ?

cheers.

• SolitarySandpiper said:

i've bought Gladys and have a couple of questions...

1, How do i turn normal maps on/off ? (most products come with an easy one click solution)

2, The Promo images shows enhanced facial expressions as if it comes with a few but i can't find any ?

cheers.

1, All you need is just a few clicks. First, be sure your Surface pane is visible (go to Windows/Panes(Tabs)).
       - Select Gladys character and choose all the surfaces you want to modify, in the Surface pane.
       - Select the Normal option and set it to zero (or change the single images if you prefer another character's maps).

2, The enhanced facial expressions are auto-morphs, that means they are hidden morphs and you don't need to turn them on manually every time.

• Mechasar said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

cheers.

1, All you need is just a few clicks. First, be sure your Surface pane is visible (go to Windows/Panes(Tabs)).
       - Select Gladys character and choose all the surfaces you want to modify, in the Surface pane.
       - Select the Normal option and set it to zero (or change the single images if you prefer another character's maps).

2, The enhanced facial expressions are auto-morphs, that means they are hidden morphs and you don't need to turn them on manually every time.

i do appreciate this and answer one has unveiled a blind spot i had regarding normals so thanks for that.

i still don't understand answer 2... are there any specific expressions for this character like the ones shown in the promo?

additionally it mentions that there ar 4 levels of detail... are those the subDivision levels? 

• Yeah...and I have yet to find those textures. I do see them in the installed folder. Just not in Daz.

• MechasarMechasar Posts: 181
    edited September 2022

SolitarySandpiper said:

Mechasar said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

cheers.

i do appreciate this and answer one has unveiled a blind spot i had regarding normals so thanks for that.

i still don't understand answer 2... are there any specific expressions for this character like the ones shown in the promo?

additionally it mentions that there ar 4 levels of detail... are those the subDivision levels? 

Take a look at the image below for the answer ;) Yes, they correspond to the subdivision levels. Gladys has been sculpted with a high hd level, then the higher the subdivision the more the details you get on her skin. These details on polygons reinforce the normal maps details and vice versa, so if you need to set the normal maps at zero, I suggest you to use a 2nd level of subdivision.

Gladys_demo.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 2M
  • Mr Bowen said:

Yeah...and I have yet to find those textures. I do see them in the installed folder. Just not in Daz.

i think in this case you would need female genesis 8.1 anotomical elements (usually found in the big expensive character bundles) then once loaded onto the character there would be a surface in the surface tab that you could click on and search for the gens maps you have already found in your library.

• Mr Bowen said:

Yeah...and I have yet to find those textures. I do see them in the installed folder. Just not in Daz.

About the anatomical elements materials/textures:

-Norbert character comes with 2 material options, selectable in your library

-Gladys comes with 1 material option INCLUDED in the "Gladys All Maps" material option in your library, plus a special morph (you need to select the anatomical element)

In both cases you need to own the anatomical element models for Genesis 8 first.

• SolitarySandpiperSolitarySandpiper Posts: 468
    edited September 2022

Mechasar said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

Mechasar said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

cheers.

Take a look at the image below for the answer ;) Yes, they correspond to the subdivision levels. Gladys has been sculpted with a high hd level, then the higher the subdivision the more the details you get on her skin. These details on polygons reinforce the normal maps details and vice versa, so if you need to set the normal maps at zero, I suggest you to use a 2nd level of subdivision.

very good.

now i would really appreciate a straight answer... do the expressions shown in the promo come with the character?

Post edited by SolitarySandpiper on
  • SolitarySandpiper said:

Mechasar said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

Mechasar said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

cheers.

very good.

now i would really appreciate a straight answer... do the expressions shown in the promo come with the character?

As I understand it they are enhancements for existing expressions, not full expressions (which would be billed as just expressions or full expressions, not enhanced expressions).

• i'm quite used to misleading promos and descriptions having shopped here at Daz for a number of years now!

It's a shame about the expressions, there are no great ones really and good ones are hard to come by but there were a couple of decent efforts in the promo so i have something to aim for.

i have to say though that i absolutly love the style in which both Gladys and Beverly were sculpted... i'm sure they could be turned into many things but i get a classical nude vibe and can easily imagine them being carried off by angels or cherubs draped in linens.

• Thank you, Mechasar. I appreciate it.

edited January 2023

This's an easy one

nextcharacter.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 280K
    edited March 2023

As a big thank-you to all those who appreciated my work in these years, a gigantic set of add-ons for my whole characters catalog is almost finished! Based on the majority of your suggestions and whishes during this whole time, from Slime Attack Vol.1 to Ms Wickd, it will include extra morphs, extra poses, accessories, textures, materials, hair, anatomical parts, HD levels and more…

MMAP1_TeaserPoster.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 168K