Mechasar's Characters Catalog: Who's next? (commercial)

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Mechasar said:

As a big thank-you to all those who appreciated my work in these years, a gigantic set of add-ons for my whole characters catalog is almost finished! Based on the majority of your suggestions and whishes during this whole time, from Slime Attack Vol.1 to Ms Wickd, it will include extra morphs, extra poses, accessories, textures, materials, hair, anatomical parts, HD levels and more…

I look forward to seeing it :)

• Wow thanks
  • MechasarMechasar Posts: 181
    edited May 2023

Hi there! The pack is on its way. Meanwhile, I'd like to present you one of the add-ons related to Zuna character. New normal maps for more skin details, darker and lighter skin colors, photorealistic eyes materials, smoothed abdomen morph, anatomical element textures, aaaand... Zuno for Zuna male morph (for Genesis 8 Female). Hope you'll like them ;)

Credits in picture above:

https://www.daz3d.com/jumbo-side-braids-for-genesis-3-and-8-females

https://www.daz3d.com/killmonger-hair-and-beard-for-genesis-3-and-8

https://www.daz3d.com/forest-guardian-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/oak-defender-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/swamp-loincloth-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-deadlands-wear-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/viking-raider-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/morphing-python

https://www.daz3d.com/fantasy-axes-collection-vol1-for-genesis-8

zunaddons_teaserposter.jpg
    3137 x 2652 - 6M
    Post edited by Mechasar on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,695

This is very good news! I'll have to dust Zuna off now.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,572

Cool looking promo! I am really impressed with the python materials, very realiostic. Yours or part of a pack?

FSMCDesigns said:

Cool looking promo! I am really impressed with the python materials, very realiostic. Yours or part of a pack?

Thanks. No, that's just a custom iray shader/color applied on the mentioned python in credits :)

• Looking forward to seeing the add-ons for Zuna, especially Zuno.  He's a perfect companion figure for Zuna.

Lee

edited June 2023

Hi there! The Mega Add-Ons Pack is getting closer and closer :) As I mentioned before, one of the strong points of this pack is the add-on for Slime attack Vol.1. This new feature will add bones to your previous static slimes, so you’ll be able to fit them on your custom characters, for Genesis 3, 8, 8.1 and 9. As with all things perfection is not attainable, so please keep in mind that the more extreme the shapes of your characters, the less the slimes fit well on their bodies, then you’ll need to make some correction on slimes, poses or shapes. For me this was the hardest work of these years here, and everything possible has be done to give these slimes their new wearable feature.
    Take a look at the pictures below to get a taste of this new potential ;)

SlimeAttackV1_Addons_Preview1.jpg
    2480 x 1200 - 2M
    SlimeAttackV1_Addons_Preview2.jpg
    2480 x 1200 - 2M
    SlimeAttackV1_Addons_Preview3.jpg
    1488 x 720 - 1M
    edited June 2023

Another sneak peek of what is coming with the Mega Add-ons Pack. Bryana for Beverly! And you don't need to own the Brooke 8.1 character to use this new morph.

BryanaforBeverly_TeaserPoster.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 537K
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151
    edited June 2023

Really looking forward to this Pack. Since it is a "MEGA" Pack I hope you don't take any inspiration from DAZ with regards to the pricing. DAZ MEGA mostly means > $100 ;-)

Really looking for the smoothed abdomen morph for Zuna. Some smoothed back morphs for Berverly and Gladys would also be quite nice. Don't know it it's the right muscle but the "Erector spinae" next to the spine is quite strongly articulated as well IMO:

If you need any further inspiration for Pack 2:
    - Gladys needs some VR goggles
    - Mr. Gammon a board game to make him Mr. Backgammon
    - The Mad Scientist could be the basis for an alien-morph like Crypto from "Destroy all humans"

Hope for some nice deals on your back catalog as well once this gets released. Still need to get Slime Attack ;-)

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Really looking forward to this Pack. Since it is a "MEGA" Pack I hope you don't take any inspiration from DAZ with regards to the pricing. DAZ MEGA mostly means > $100 ;-)

Really looking for the smoothed abdomen morph for Zuna. Some smoothed back morphs for Berverly and Gladys would also be quite nice. Don't know it it's the right muscle but the "Erector spinae" next to the spine is quite strongly articulated as well IMO:

If you need any further inspiration for Pack 2:
    - Gladys needs some VR goggles
    - Mr. Gammon a board game to make him Mr. Backgammon
    - The Mad Scientist could be the basis for an alien-morph like Crypto from "Destroy all humans"

Hope for some nice deals on your back catalog as well once this gets released. Still need to get Slime Attack ;-)

You can rest easy, it’s way far from that price :) The pack will include (among other things) morphs, textures and attachments that will allow you to achieve a completely new character, or add improvement and new features in other cases. So, Gladys will become a seductive monster, Mr. Gammon (without a backgammon board XD) switched to the punk style and the mad scientist will be… halfway through his final transformation ;)

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

I love the new addons! Zuno is amazing; I don't think I've ever seen a masculine morph for G8F that handles the chest and overall body shape so well. I'm mostly using G9 now (and I would love to see G9 versions of any of your characters), but I may have to pick Zuna and Esra up regardless.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,182

I'm a little surprised how few of the underlying products I own, but this makes a very strong case for picking up a bunch of them.

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444

Is there a possibility to have these products piece-meal? Because though I love the Mad Scientist and the cat girl, the rest aren't for me.

• Mr_FluffkinMr_Fluffkin Posts: 109

First of all, I want to thank you for all the wonderful models you have created. I am a huge fan of yours and own most of your catalog, so this package is a blessing. Unfortunately it does not install properly and stops at 50%(via daz central). When I hit install again, it restarts at 50% and immediately aborts again. I do see the new character for Beverly in my DS lib though, but that's it. All the rest doesn't show up, neither in the lib nor in the specific products/morphs/parameters.

Mr_Fluffkin said:

First of all, I want to thank you for all the wonderful models you have created. I am a huge fan of yours and own most of your catalog, so this package is a blessing. Unfortunately it does not install properly and stops at 50%(via daz central). When I hit install again, it restarts at 50% and immediately aborts again. I do see the new character for Beverly in my DS lib though, but that's it. All the rest doesn't show up, neither in the lib nor in the specific products/morphs/parameters.

Thank you for your warm appreciation! About that issue, as a PA I don't use Daz Central, but I think in this case it is best to use the Daz Install Manager in order to download the add-ons individually, and ONLY the add-ons related to the characters you already installed in your library. I know this approach could be more cumbersome, but I hope it will solve the problem. Thanks again for your gratitude and patience!

Thank you all for your kind words of thanks! :)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited June 2023

I am using DAZ Install Manager and not having much more luck. The Evil Pumpkin Addons are the only thing that show up and they won't download after repeated attempts. :/

And I love your stuff! Keep up the great work! I look forward to your Genesis 9 stuff! :)

Edit Addition: Beverly Addons were added but I believe incomplete. I have Bryana in Materials but not her shape or character files. :\ and none of the other files came through.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited June 2023

Is anyome else having issues downloading the add-ons?

In DIM the Beverly add-on is listed but everything else is all under the one download called [Evil Pumpkin Add-ons] that does not download.

So I tried DazCentral, all of the add-ons are under the one download that stops it says at 50% (strangly the Beverly download is not listed).

So then I went to my product library and tried to download package by package but no luck there.

Am I the only one hitting this issue?

Post edited by Mouser on
    edited June 2023

RKane_1 said:

I am using DAZ Install Manager and not having much more luck. The Evil Pumpkin Addons are the only thing that show up and they won't download after repeated attempts. :/

And I love your stuff! Keep up the great work! I look forward to your Genesis 9 stuff! :)

Edit Addition: Beverly Addons were added but I believe incomplete. I have Bryana in Materials but not her shape or character files. :\ and none of the other files came through.

First of all, I'm glad you like the Pack, many thanks!
    I've just checked the folders you mentioned and they seem ok to me, but you know issues occur differently in each account.
    Please follow these steps:

1) Be sure to already have the basic character installed in your library (i.e. Beverly for Brooke 8.1, Evil Pumpkin for Genesis 8 Male).
    2) Download manually every single item you need, making sure you download ALL THE SINGLE PARTS of that item (e.g. Evil Pumpkin add-on consist of 2 separated folders, part 1 and 2).
    3) Move the downloaded zip folders in the proper Daz Install Manager folder, then refresh the downloaded item list in DIM.
    4) Install your items

* If you don't find a preset character, you can find the morphs in the shape panel (e.g. there isn't any preset character for Bryana, just her shapes in the Shape Panel)
    ** The add-ons do not modify nor overwrite any pre-existing files

If the problem still persist, please do not hesitate to submit a ticket to Daz support. Thank you for your patience!

Mouser said:

In DIM the Beverly add-on is listed but everything else is all under the one download called [Evil Pumpkin Add-ons] that does not download.

So I tried DazCentral, all of the add-ons are under the one download that stops it says at 50% (strangly the Beverly download is not listed).

So then I went to my product library and tried to download package by package but no luck there.

Nope. I was having the same or similar issues. Beverly Add-ons loaded partially Evil Pumpkin won't download or it starts and then says "Retry" after about 8%. I tried to download the manual zip files bit by bit and they won't let me download more than the first four without cancelling the downlaod.

Where to find the add-ons once installed:

• Slime Attack
      • Materials --> Content Library
      • Props --> Content Library
    • Octo For Otto
      • Preset Character --> Content Library
      • Shapes --> Parameters Panel or Shaping Panel
    • The Dark Lord Hd
      • Shapes --> Shaping Panel
      • Poses --> Content Library
    • Brain Eater
    • Carnivorous Plant
      • Preset Items --> Content Library
      • Poses --> Parameters Panel
    • Tobyn & Caryn
      • Items --> Content Library (Hair and Anatomy Folders)
    • Colossus
      • Poses --> Content Library (Colossus Folder)
    • Hitoshi Sensei
      • Materials --> Content Library (Characters and Props Folders)
      • Preset Character --> Content Library (Only Tree Props, No Genesis Model)
    • Evil Pumpkin
      • Preset Items --> Content Library (Evil Pumpkin Accessories Folder)
    • Black Widow
      • Preset Items --> Content Library (Accessories/Black Widow Spider Body Folder)
    • Zuna And Zuno
    • Chamaleol And Geckol For Frogol
      • Preset Items --> Content Library (Anatomy Folder)
    • The Awful Emperor
      • Preset Items --> Content Library (Awful Emperor Accessories Folder)
      • Preset Hands Shapes --> Content Library
    • Bryana For Beverly
    • Esra Elder
      • Preset Items --> Content Library (Anatomy and Accessories Folders)
    • Mad Scientist
      • Preset Items --> Content Library (Mad Scientist Folder)
    • Cathy For Yvalanore
      • Preset Items --> Content Library (Anatomy and Hair Folders)
      • Tail Poses --> Parameters Panel
    • Mr Gammon
      • Preset Items --> Content Library (Accessories, Anatomy and Hair Folders)
    • Norbert The Nerd
      • Default Shape --> Content Library (Characters/Norbert Folder)
    • Divory For Gladys
      • Preset Items --> Content Library (Anatomy Folder)
    • Madam Wickd
      • Default Shape --> Content Library (Characters/Madam Wickd Folder)
    edited June 2023

Be warned.

Well it looks as if the Bryana install has somehow damaged both Brooke & Beverly.

Both are there but only load as the default G8.1 female.

I think I'm going to have to do some re-installing.

Post edited by Mouser on

RKane_1 said:

Mouser said:

Nope. I was having the same or similar issues. Beverly Add-ons loaded partially Evil Pumpkin won't download or it starts and then says "Retry" after about 8%. I tried to download the manual zip files bit by bit and they won't let me download more than the first four without cancelling the downlaod.

hmm... it sounds like a network or server issue. Sorry, I can't be of help in this case. Try to give it time, then submit a ticked for support.

After un-installing & re-installing both Brooke & Beverly, both they and Bryana now work.

I'm going to wait and see what happens in regards to the other add-ons for now.

Okay, I got the manual downloads done but would only allow me to download one at at time.This is going to slow down installation by quite a bit but I will get it done eventually. Looking forward to playing with my new "toys". :)

• rebelgraphxrebelgraphx Posts: 216

In install manager I only see Beverly and Pumpkin add on. Beverly downloaded correctly but pumpkin add on can not be downloaded

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 143
    edited June 2023

I do not have the Zuna update in DIM or Daz Central or my product library.

UPDATE:  found it under the package in the product library -- trying the manual downloads of everything.

Post edited by RandWulf on
  • rebelgraphxrebelgraphx Posts: 216

In the product library the packages can be downloaded separetly except for the mrGammon add ons, there is no download button

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 143

Yeah -- just found that about Mr. Gammon...