Mechasar's Characters Catalog: Who's next? (commercial)

Comments

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2023

I feel like I just ROBBED Mechasar!  Using 8 Tokens I was able to get the Mechasar Mega Add-Ons Pack 1 price down to $17.84 !!!   I own *most* of the required products so it would have been a bargain even at full price.  Thanks, #Mechasar, for bringing so much fun to rendering!

[I was posting a screenshot of the cart, but you'll just have to imagine the image if it doesn't actually load. <FORUM ISSUES - the struggle is REAL>]

Post edited by Gogger on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited June 2023

Okay, now I have a new problem.

I have manually downloaded the add-ons.

Placed them where they should be in the appropriate folder.

They show under products and I have used Categorize to put them where I want in the Categories folder but they are not showing up there despite the Categorize window showing that they are there, they don't show up in the actual Categories Menu.

Yes, I have hit "Refresh" several times.

Can anyone help shed light on the solution?

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,182

I'm pretty blown away by how much new life this pack breathes into Mechasar's old products. I like Otto but may never have bought him on his own, but Octo is much more interesting to me, and the same is true of creating an entire range of fruits and vegetables for Evil Pumpkin versus just the pumpkin.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

Well, first of all thanks to @Mechasar for this nice package. Bought it yesterday with 8 tokens and got it for $16 with added discounts for getting some back catalog items. In fact this was a good reason to invest in the older products I did not yet have (like Black Widow, Brain Eater, Esra, Evil Pumpkin, Madam Wickd and of course Slime Attack). Actually I'm now just two products shy from owning them all ;-)

Hope that potential bugs with the install packages will be sorted out quickly. I also only see Beverly Add Ons and Evil Pumpkin Add-ons (those being > 700 MB) in DIM. And I refuse installing anything DAZ with other methods.

Boy, it seems DAZ totally messup up the gazillons of installers for this. Once I look in my library I can see DIM-Downloads for everything but Mr Gammon AddOns (those are entirely missing). But all DIM referenzed appart from Bevery link to the errorous EvilPumpkinAddons. I might see if I can get the manual installers working but hope that DAZ is quickly fixing DIM installers.

• MechasarMechasar Posts: 181

Gogger said:

I feel like I just ROBBED Mechasar!  Using 8 Tokens I was able to get the Mechasar Mega Add-Ons Pack 1 price down to $17.84 !!!   I own *most* of the required products so it would have been a bargain even at full price.  Thanks, #Mechasar, for bringing so much fun to rendering!

[I was posting a screenshot of the cart, but you'll just have to imagine the image if it doesn't actually load. <FORUM ISSUES - the struggle is REAL>]

That's the way! ;) Many thanks, don't forget to show us some great renders!

RKane_1 said:

Okay, now I have a nerw problem.

They show under products and I have used Categorize to put them where I want in the Categories folder but they are not showing up there despite the Categorize window showing that they are there, they don't show up in the actual Categories Menu.

If I got it right, you manually moved the downloaded folders in your respective library folders. Yeah, that's fine, but you need to install them with the DIM once downloaded, if you want to use the Smart Content and its features. The "refresh" button I previously mentioned was referred to the DIM.

Gordig said:

I'm pretty blown away by how much new life this pack breathes into Mechasar's old products. I like Otto but may never have bought him on his own, but Octo is much more interesting to me, and the same is true of creating an entire range of fruits and vegetables for Evil Pumpkin versus just the pumpkin.

I'm very glad you liked them, thank you!

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Boy, it seems DAZ totally messup up the gazillons of installers for this. Once I look in my library I can see DIM-Downloads for everything but Mr Gammon AddOns (those are entirely missing). But all DIM referenzed appart from Bevery link to the errorous EvilPumpkinAddons. I might see if I can get the manual installers working but hope that DAZ is quickly fixing DIM installers.

Very sorry, anyway, that problem has been reported. They're already on it. Hope it'll be fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Mechasar said:

RKane_1 said:

Okay, now I have a new problem.

If I got it right, you manually moved the downloaded folders in your respective library folders. Yeah, that's fine, but you need to install them with the DIM once downloaded, if you want to use the Smart Content and its features. The "refresh" button I previously mentioned was referred to the DIM.

It's not the Smart Content that is the issue as I rarely use that. This is the Content Library. I can FIND the files by going through the "My DAZ LIBRARY" menu in Content Library, but once I try to Categorize them for my Categories, they don't show up where I place ALTHOUGH, when I check on the files in the Categories folder, they SAY they are there, but when I look in the folder in Categories, they are not. Weird, right? Any solutions for that?

DIM IS WORKING! DOWNLOADED AND HAPPY!!!!! OH THE VARIETY!!!! :)

I went back and completed my Mechasar collection! 

WONDERFUL Package, Mechasar. I VERY MUCH look forward to your Genesis 9 stuff! :)

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

The DIM has definetly improved with those items I own the matching add-ons have downloaded.

Except for the Slime attack, has anyone been able to download that item?

• Mr_FluffkinMr_Fluffkin Posts: 109
    edited June 2023

Mouser said:

Yes, via Daz Central. The whole package installs perfectly fine via Daz Central now, awesome stuff! I also like how it's organized in the Smart Content, with all the addons in a single product.

One last question, does anyone know about a pose pack for Otto? I can't find anything on the Daz Market, but maybe somewhere else? Some basic poses would be a very helpful starting point for all these tentacles  If someone knows one, please let me know. :-)

Post edited by Mr_Fluffkin on
  • DIM is working for me as well.  Installed all the items for the required Mechasar products that I have.

Slime Attack installed fine for me, Mouser. :)

I'm not aware of a pose pack for Otto, Mr_Fluffkin.  However, I did use an awesome script (can't remember who/which toolkit product it's in at the moment) that made the tentacles all easy poseable.  I'll need to run that script again on Octo to give him the same easy pose features.

I love Mechasar's Add-on Pack.  Thank you, Mechasar!  I'm still trying out everything and am very delighted with the results!!

Lee

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Manual download works. I had to make a couple of tries with the Caryn add-on, since it would download and then disappear. I moved everything else int a seperate folder and tried again, and it stuck that time. Haven't installed everything yet. But don't anticipate problems.

The pack got you a number of other sales. I had between a third and half of the items already, but this, and the discount on the older items had me adding  several of them to my library.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

I have a question about "Cathy for Yvalanore".  Will the fur and materials only work on Yvalanore specifically, or can I use them on other G8F if I don't have Yvalanore?  Same thing with Hitoshi Sensei, do I have to have him specifically to make the tree work, if I'd rather use a different face?  I have several of your products, and am especially interested in the morphs for Caryn and Tobyn, as I use them very often, but I don't have all of them.

RKane_1 said:

DIM IS WORKING! DOWNLOADED AND HAPPY!!!!! OH THE VARIETY!!!! :)

I went back and completed my Mechasar collection! 

WONDERFUL Package, Mechasar. I VERY MUCH look forward to your Genesis 9 stuff! :)

Many thanks! And I'm very glad you finally solved those issues

Fae3D said:

I have a question about "Cathy for Yvalanore".  Will the fur and materials only work on Yvalanore specifically, or can I use them on other G8F if I don't have Yvalanore?  Same thing with Hitoshi Sensei, do I have to have him specifically to make the tree work, if I'd rather use a different face?  I have several of your products, and am especially interested in the morphs for Caryn and Tobyn, as I use them very often, but I don't have all of them.

Well, Cathy’s dForce hair is designed to match her shape. Without the Yvalanore character maybe you'll get some fiber distortions, especially on her face and ears. But other than that I should discourage you from installing any add-ons if you’re not going to install the related basic character first, that’s because there could be some hidden auto-corrective morphs included which are connected in glove with the new character shape. That means that, if the auto-corrective morph can’t find its linked shape, it will be activated in any case for every shape you use, causing mesh distortions for every character. So, you can give it a try, but I can not guarantee in this case, and if you notice any distortion on meshes be sure to uninstall the add-on.

I think the only add-ons you can use alone without incurring problems are the SlimeAttack and Hitoshi Sensei.

Mr_Fluffkin said:

Mouser said:

Yes, via Daz Central. The whole package installs perfectly fine via Daz Central now, awesome stuff! I also like how it's organized in the Smart Content, with all the addons in a single product.

One last question, does anyone know about a pose pack for Otto? I can't find anything on the Daz Market, but maybe somewhere else? Some basic poses would be a very helpful starting point for all these tentacles  If someone knows one, please let me know. :-)

Sorry, there're poses for Octo's head only, located in the Parameters/Actor panel. Anyway thanks for your appreciation!

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

Mechasar said:

Fae3D said:

Well, Cathy’s dForce hair is designed to match her shape. Without the Yvalanore character maybe you'll get some fiber distortions, especially on her face and ears. But other than that I should discourage you from installing any add-ons if you’re not going to install the related basic character first, that’s because there could be some hidden auto-corrective morphs included which are connected in glove with the new character shape. That means that, if the auto-corrective morph can’t find its linked shape, it will be activated in any case for every shape you use, causing mesh distortions for every character. So, you can give it a try, but I can not guarantee in this case, and if you notice any distortion on meshes be sure to uninstall the add-on.

I think the only add-ons you can use alone without incurring problems are the SlimeAttack and Hitoshi Sensei.

Very good to know, thank you so much for the info!!!

• Mr_FluffkinMr_Fluffkin Posts: 109

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

I'm not aware of a pose pack for Otto, Mr_Fluffkin.  However, I did use an awesome script (can't remember who/which toolkit product it's in at the moment) that made the tentacles all easy poseable.  I'll need to run that script again on Octo to give him the same easy pose features.

You mean something like https://www.daz3d.com/stickychain-plugin? I'm interested in this, since I actually hate posing ropes, snakes and the like.^^ But then again, I've already done a sitting pose for flat ground when trying Otto, so from there on I can just lock some tentacle bones and swing the end with the active pose tool, which works pretty much the same as the plugin, i guess?

I just always find it a bit of a shame when an original figure comes along without any poses at all. And I also particularly appreciate Mechasar for his - usually - very complete figures, which often come with cool extras, so I thought there might be a basic pose pack somewhere. But anyway, it's no big deal to do some poses myself, and who knows, maybe we'll get a second add-on pack with poses for Otto(Worms and Strings as well) at some point. Wink.

But so that there is no wrong impression here, I would like to emphasize that I'm absolutly amazed with the add-on. I haven't had this much fun with a purchase here in a long time. The last few days, I've been sitting in front of the computer almost non-stop to finally look at everything in detail and create first characters, and I've only gotten to a fraction of the content so far because I've always been directly captivated and so many ideas came to try out as soon as i load a model. Well, I also bought some characters together with the add-on, but this package will keep me busy for months, no doubt. I just have to figure out how to explain this to my family, lol...

Boy, finished downloading both the older products I've got from Mechasar as well as all of the add-on packs. Again, thanks a load for all the work you've but in expanding the options with all of your items, @Mechasar. Looking forward to update pack #2 someday ;-)

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,385

I hope it's okay to post this here, I just want to kind of lobby for a separate Tobyn and Caryn add-on pack if that's at all something you'd consider. That would be so useful. The morphs look really nice! I'd surely buy even a pack with all the people add-ons, am just not into the monster stuff at all. They really gross me out, unfortunately. Soooo, maybe later some day, there could be some split add on packs ...?

tsroemi said:

I hope it's okay to post this here, I just want to kind of lobby for a separate Tobyn and Caryn add-on pack if that's at all something you'd consider. That would be so useful. The morphs look really nice! I'd surely buy even a pack with all the people add-ons, am just not into the monster stuff at all. They really gross me out, unfortunately. Soooo, maybe later some day, there could be some split add on packs ...?

Or… there will be always another sale ;) Sorry, but there’s not going to be any splitting. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,163
    edited June 2023

There is a problem with the evil pumpkin and fruit. When the lips are closed, adjusting the eye direction makes the eyes pop out of the head. I submitted a help request 6 days ago, but customer service has not responded. I also submitted a help request at the same time  about missing texture files in the DIM installer for the fruit addon, but I haven't had any customer service response to that one either.

Evil Pumpkin Eyes Up Down Doesn't Work with Lip Closed.png
    2068 x 1968 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

There is a problem with the evil pumpkin and fruit. When the lips are closed, adjusting the eye direction makes the eyes pop out of the head. I submitted a help request 6 days ago, but customer service has not responded. I also submitted a help request at the same time  about missing texture files in the DIM installer for the fruit addon, but I haven't had any customer service response to that one either.

Yeah, it seems there’s a missing link between morph and eyes bones. Sorry, my oversight. I’ll submit the fixed morph as soon as possible, but if you won’t wait I can show you how to solve it definitely in just a few steps (I'm unable to attach any image at the moment, but I'll post it sooner, so please stay tuned). Sorry again, and thank you for your patience! Any other question, please ask. 

barbult said:

I also submitted a help request at the same time  about missing texture files in the DIM installer for the fruit addon

Textures and morphs are in two different zip files. Be sure to download and install them both.

Mechasar said:

barbult said:

I also submitted a help request at the same time  about missing texture files in the DIM installer for the fruit addon

Textures and morphs are in two different zip files. Be sure to download and install them both.

DIM shows me only one download for Evil Pumpkin Add-ons. It contains the morphs but not the textures. My online Product Library has two zip files. I manually installed the second one. This help request is about a DIM problem. There is nothing YOU need to do about it. DAZ needs to fix it, but they don't even acknowledge my help request. Thanks for your response.

barbult said:

Here's the instruction for Lip Closed morph fixing. Hope it can help.

EvilPumpkin_BoneFixInstruction.jpg
    3461 x 8471 - 4M
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. Will that fix it for all the fruit shapes?