Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter (Commercial)

14567810»

Comments

• I bought both the batch converter and pose converter and used pose converter for about three weeks on and off. It worked brilliantly and is a great product. My problem now is that it has stopped working ?? You select G9, highlight a G8 pose, press the script key and nothing happens. The assigned key does nothing either. I have tried deleting it and re installing using the latest version of DIM ... still nothing. When you use the script key there is no green logo to the left of the script as there was and still is to the left of the batch converter which still works with no problems. Can you suggest anything as it is a great script (when it was working) Thanks .....

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited November 2023

Hi. Try and remove the shortcuts and add again. Could be a cahe issue.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I have tried that .... have attached an image and last line of the log file. Never looked at a log file before ! Can give you the log file from start up but large..... Do the attachments indicate anything ? Thanks.

G9 P Converter.png
    782 x 666 - 188K
    txt
    txt
    G9 Pose Converter Log01.txt
    446B

"

Could not find script file: "D:/3D/New Daz Library/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse""

Says it cannot find the script.

• i have the same problem, I get this error:

D:\DAZDevel\Hudson\HUDSON_HOME\jobs\NB_Studio_Trunk\workspace\src\sdksource\interface\actions\dzaction.cpp(2152): Could not find script file: "E:/DAZ3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter.dse"

But I have everything installed on my D: drive, DAZ and my content libraries, so I have no idea why is trying to open the dse file on the E: drive

• How did you install?

• I used the DIM application, just double click. 

It's installed correclty at my D: drive, inside this folder: D:\3D\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\Scripts\Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Pose Converter

• So D:\3D\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\ is your content directory? Do you work with Daz Studio online?

• Yes, D:\3D\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\ is my content directory

I work with Daz Studio 4.22 

• And do you work with DS online? If there were a temporary issue loading the product, or if you accidentally selected the Install option on it, you might ave a Connect install which would take priority over the DIM install - and might be the cause of the problem.

• I work with DS online, as far as I know. I'm going to check. 

Thanks  for the info

• I was working online, It wasn't installed by connect install, I tried and installed with connect install, same problem

• Try uninstalling the Connect version (right-click on the product).

• Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I've tried everything I think. I uninstalled, re installed and uninstalled the product using daz connect an DIM. Still the same problem.

Btw I used to have my content library on E: drive, a few months ago I changed hard drives. Re installed daz on the D: drive, and created my content library on the D: drive. Empty, then I used DIM to download most of the stuff I use, and this is the only product that I have a problem.

• Vertigo789Vertigo789 Posts: 72
    edited December 2023

Got an issue where, if I move the Pose Converter files somewhere other than the default install location, the batch converter refuses to work, saying it can't find the install. Is there a way for the user to tweak it so it recognises the new location?

2023-12-15 08:29:21.686 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Cross-Generation/Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Batch Pose Converter.dse
    2023-12-15 08:29:21.711 [DEBUG] :: 
    085cc16a-76b3-4c5a-828c-52aeada5a077

====================================================================================================
    G3 and G8 to G9 Batch Pose Converter 1.0 (Dev 8)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bit Architecture: 64
    DS Version: 4.22.0.1
    DS Edition: Pro
    DS Release Cycle: Public Build
    RKEY: 085cc16a-76b3-4c5a-828c-52aeada5a077
    Script: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Cross-Generation/Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Batch Pose Converter.dse

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023-12-15 08:29:21.713 [DEBUG] :: #KWd6HB: Unable to find abs path for base product.
    2023-12-15 08:29:22.614 [DEBUG] :: #dY1w9Y: Original Pose Converter base product not found.
    2023-12-15 08:29:22.614 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: D:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scripts/Cross-Generation/Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Batch Pose Converter.dse

Screenshot 2023-12-15 083055.png
    571 x 165 - 8K
    Post edited by Vertigo789 on
  • Vertigo789 said:

Got an issue where, if I move the Pose Converter files somewhere other than the default install location, the batch converter refuses to work, saying it can't find the instalThe l. Is there a way for the user to tweak it so it recognises the new location?the

These products need to be installed in their default locations in order to work.

However, if you must access the scripts from another location you could 1. leave the default installation intact, 2. copy/paste the script to your custom location. As long as the default installation is there, the script should work.

• tuPadr3 said:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I've tried everything I think. I uninstalled, re installed and uninstalled the product using daz connect an DIM. Still the same problem.

Btw I used to have my content library on E: drive, a few months ago I changed hard drives. Re installed daz on the D: drive, and created my content library on the D: drive. Empty, then I used DIM to download most of the stuff I use, and this is the only product that I have a problem.

Were you able to get this resolved? If not...try running the script from the Content Library pane. What happens? Please post a screen shot of any errors you may get, and post a Daz Studio log file.

• Hi everyone, same issue also here, figure not supported

It is already G9 as you can see.

• hello,

I finally had tyo copy the files from my D: drive to the E:. So I have 2 installations of the products. That was the only way I found to make it works

• So, after scanning through the 10 pages of this thread, I see that I'm not the only person who's having this problem. First of all, the batch converter works very well and thanks for that. Unlike previous versions of these products, there doesn't seem to be an individual pose "correcter" option, but rather an individual G3, G8, G8.1 converter added through the scripts menu. Adding that, having the G9 figure selected in the scene tab and then selecting a pose file in the library pane and then clicking on the converter option from the scripts drop down, does nothing. Like some of those who've had this same issue have noted, I'm running Mac OS Sonoma. So, it would seem that those of us not using Windows can't use this single pose file option? It's not the end of the world because I can use the batch converter to convert entire pose directory or individual poses from that directory but it would be nice to just apply poses individually on the fly without running the conversion script.

pose converter error.jpg
    1472 x 1000 - 103K

What version of studio are you running?

• Zev0 said:

What version of studio are you running?

4.22.0.15 Mac version.

• bitwelderbitwelder Posts: 212
    edited December 2023

crashworship said:

So, after scanning through the 10 pages of this thread, I see that I'm not the only person who's having this problem. First of all, the batch converter works very well and thanks for that. Unlike previous versions of these products, there doesn't seem to be an individual pose "correcter" option, but rather an individual G3, G8, G8.1 converter added through the scripts menu. Adding that, having the G9 figure selected in the scene tab and then selecting a pose file in the library pane and then clicking on the converter option from the scripts drop down, does nothing. Like some of those who've had this same issue have noted, I'm running Mac OS Sonoma. So, it would seem that those of us not using Windows can't use this single pose file option? It's not the end of the world because I can use the batch converter to convert entire pose directory or individual poses from that directory but it would be nice to just apply poses individually on the fly without running the conversion script.

Could we please have the following items for troubleshooting:

1. Daz Studio log file, right after trying to launch the script from the 'Scripts' menu

2. Screenshot of the custom action window that launches the script (see attached screenshot for how). Also, does the path shown on the window match where the script actually is on your hard drive?

3. What happens when you try an alternate method of launching the script from the 'Script IDE' pane? (See attached screenshot for how)

Alternate Way to Run Script.jpg
    1680 x 1020 - 296K
    Find Custom Action Window.jpg
    1680 x 1024 - 364K
    Post edited by bitwelder on
  • Could we please have the following items for troubleshooting:

1. Daz Studio log file, right after trying to launch the script from the 'Scripts' menu

2. Screenshot of the custom action window that launches the script (see attached screenshot for how). Also, does the path shown on the window match where the script actually is on your hard drive?

3. What happens when you try an alternate method of launching the script from the 'Script IDE' pane? (See attached screenshot for how)

Alright, there ya have it in words and pictures with the same result. Nothing happens.

to g9 pose converter custom.jpg
    1724 x 802 - 90K
    g9 conv custom script.jpg
    1615 x 800 - 118K
    g9 conv log file.jpg
    2664 x 1338 - 211K
  • crashworshipcrashworship Posts: 208
    edited December 2023

crashworship said:

Could we please have the following items for troubleshooting:

Alright, there ya have it in words and pictures with the same result. Nothing happens.

Alright, an update. While assembling the screen shots for the post and after pulling up the log file, Studio crashed (for about the fifth time in the last 24 hours). After reopening Studio and trying everything again, it seems to be working. Applying the pose files through the customs scripts menu seem to be working but I'm unable to assign a custom key action as yet, probably because I need to restart Studio to make the custom key stick, Using the custom scripts option does seem cumbersome and awkward, though.

Post edited by crashworship on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149

Did you mean to have 2 "i"s in "Volumes/daz driive/..." ?

• MelanieL said:

It's a typo. Fixing it will probably break my entire library and I'm not interesting in spended probably enormous amount of time to fix it.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149
    edited December 2023

crashworship said:

MelanieL said:

It's a typo. Fixing it will probably break my entire library and I'm not interesting in spended probably enormous amount of time to fix it.

You mean the folder on your drive is actualy named that way? I thought maybe you just mis-typed it in that custom action definition, which might have explained your problem. If it is the actual file path on disk, then I don't see why it isn't working either.

ETA: Ah, I see you actually have it working now so my last line is irrelevant.

Post edited by MelanieL on