Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• 793043235793043235 Posts: 22
    edited November 2022

Zev0 said:

Looks like you have the Pose Converter script selected in either Content Lib or Smart Content.

The normal pop-up window for setting shortcut keys does not appear, what should I do?
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    Did you watch the tutorial video? Make sure you don't have the script highlighted and only a pose file.
  • Thanks a lot, it works fine
  • I'm loving the script. So far, I haven't had any issues. Used the gear icon to add it to the Scripts menu, selected a pose for G8.1M and it worked like a charm. I had to do some slight adjustments to the fingers, but that's usual even when adding a pose to different figures within the same generation. And this was a custom G9M figure I did myself, so I was even more happy everything worked.

Pose was from Together Brotherhood Vol. 2 for Genesis 8.1 Male. I wasn't completely sure it would work since the converter doesn't specify G8.1, but it worked well. I love being able to convert poses on the fly. Nice work as always @Zev0.

Thanks for the support. It does specify 8.1 in the products details section.

"Converts the following from Genesis 3, 8, and 8.1:"

• Zev0 said:

Thanks for the support. It does specify 8.1 in the products details section.

"Converts the following from Genesis 3, 8, and 8.1:"

Ah, must have missed that. I tend to not read very much of the product details for Zev0 products. They just find their way into the cart when I'm not looking. wink

• Just installed the script.
    Didn't work at first, but closing and re-opening Daz Studio, it seems fine with both Genesis 3 and 8 poses.

• I set the shortcut key manually (Windows s) because I have no scripts menu.  It never opened. How do you find the file with the shortcut key? Genesis 9 has its own runtime if that makes any difference.

• I should brobably mention I am using Studio 4.21.

• ericolsenericolsen Posts: 350
    edited November 2022

I am still on Daz 4.15, should this product work for me?  When I click on the script in the Content pane (I never use Smart Content) I get the "check the error log" error message.

EDIT: I did upgrade to Daz 4.21, thinking I would need to.  I did add the script to the Script top menu by clicking on the "gear" icon.  When I select V9 in the Scene window, and I highlight a pose in my "Content Library", and then run the script, nothing happens.  No error message now, so I guess that's an improvement!  But the pose is not applied to the figure, either.  Am I missing a step?

Post edited by ericolsen on
    edited November 2022

Hi. Did you watch the Tutorial video?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Did you watch the Tutorial video?

Yes.  I decided to try to do it as a keyboard shortcut instead and that does work for me.  Via the script menu I never could get to work, but I'm fine with the shortcut method.  Thanks for the quick response.

hmmm if shortcut is working then via script menu should as well.

edited November 2022

Update from our side, what we busy with - This is what will happen now if multiple items are selected. For items that are not pose presets they will be ignored. We will also be adding in a mirror pose option which was requested.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

GreatGonzo said:

Review: Do not waste your money, the script does not seem to work, Daz product testing please hang your head in shame....
    (a) I install the script
    (b) It appears in the script menu.
    (c) Activate the script
    (d) Error opening file, check log for details
    (e) Checks log, finds 'filed to load script error'
    (f) Redownloads script and reinstalls
    (g) Reboots Daz Studio
    (h) Activate the script
    (i) Error opening file, check log for details
    (j) Checks log, finds 'filed to load script error'
    (k) Decides this script is junk and given V9 was literally released incomplete questions DAZ's testing process.
    (l) Realises I may as well have burned the money
    (l) Goes back to using the FREE pose converter that actually worked

I can guarantee you that the script DOES work. It's been working for me (and others) since the day I installed it. It's something on YOUR end. 

• Yes, it does work for me, as well. Thank you so much!

• Picked this up last night and am thrilled to use it.

It works like magic. :)

I'm using the script with DS 4.21.0.5 on an M1 iMac (macOS Big Sur) without difficulties.

Very impressed!!

Lee

• Did not read every entry but wanted to say, this is a great product and works fine for me.  The thought of a batch version is intriguing, but maybe all the unused poses is more of a hindrance than a benefit.  Not sure I would use that approach - never did in any other converters.....   I too manually created a 'custom action' to the scripts root and couldn't get it working.  When I created the 'shortcut' from the interface it worked great.  I did however have to go back and delete what I had created.  That took a bit because I forget how to do that; i do it infrequently.    

• It would be nice if the script didn't break if the pose being converted isn't in /People. All of my poses are elsewhere due to my organizational preferences. I will not undo my organization, but you should know that it is going to be annoying to copy poses into /People to accomodate this scripts pathing weakness. Message me if you desire more details on my issue. I'm tech savvy, so if possible, you can tell me how to patch the script to accept a different folder.

edited November 2022

"It would be nice if the script didn't break if the pose being converted isn't in /People."

This tells me nothing. What exactly happens? Regardless it is an issue we addressed.

Changes coming in version 1.1

- H. Pose Preset issues fixed (figure disappearing, and wrong result after cancelling)

- If user selects a native G9 pose, a warning is given.

- Added Mirror pose option.

- If user selects multiple items, popup box appears showing all listed instead of an error message.

- Metadata now considered when suggesting whether pose is G3 or G8 (before it was only based on file path)

- Added new launch script from product root folder."

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jonascsjonascs Posts: 35
    edited November 2022

Zev0 said:

"It would be nice if the script didn't break if the pose being converted isn't in /People."

This tells me nothing. What exactly happens? Regardless it is an issue we addressed.

Changes coming in version 1.1

- H. Pose Preset issues fixed (figure disappearing, and wrong result after cancelling)

- If user selects a native G9 pose, a warning is given.

- Added Mirror pose option.

- If user selects multiple items, popup box appears showing all listed instead of an error message.

- Metadata now considered when suggesting whether pose is G3 or G8 (before it was only based on file path)

- Added new launch script from product root folder."

Awesome, when can we expect this update?

Post edited by jonascs on

Depends when a tester gets assigned..I will notify all once it is live.

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 190
    edited November 2022

I just bought it and for me it works like a charm. Very impressed, thanks a lot.

Can I make a suggestion tho?

DAZ has a functionality for partial poses. You mark a joint (let's say the Collar) and apply a pose with Ctrl + Double Click. Thus the pose only gets applied to the selected bone and children (in this case Collar to Fingers). Maybe this could be made possible with the converter as well.

Post edited by Laurita on

We will see if that is possible.

• This is a fantastic product that's really needed right now, but I've had some mysterious issues with it. I usually run two versions of Daz at the same time to speed workflow - 4.21.0.5 (64-bit) and 4.21.1.13 (64-bit Beta). The pose converter works on the Public Buid (Beta) beautifully. However on the non-Beta Studio Pro, though it initially worked, whenever I try to to reload the script it says "Selected file type not supporterd" – even though it's the exact same scene, pose and character for which it worked before (converting Gen8 pose to Gen9).

Any fix suggestions from anyone?
    Thanks

• Zev0 said:

So we found the issue with people adding their own shortcuts, this is what's happening-

To see if the script is added to the Scripts menu, it checks for a "Scripts" menu, then a submenu under it with the exact name of the script. If it doesn't find it, it assumes the script is not in the scripts menu, hense triggering the popup.

So we will be fixing this, as well as the popup warning and showing people who have more than one preset selected at once.

Yea, I prefer to have my scripts organized. The one inside Zevo is what I created myself, which doesn't work.

Menu Shortcut.jpg
    261 x 173 - 29K
  • Zev0 said:

This right here is you fixing the problem without knowing that that was what I was referring to. Thank you!

Well I hope it workscoolIt should...

edited November 2022

Update is now live. Script version should read v1.1. Please refer to first post in thread for change list. Thank you all for your support.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • parshkovparshkov Posts: 6
    edited November 2022

I don't understand how to make shortcut or how to add it to menu

Post edited by parshkov on