Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Thank you will try to fix, will advise

Respectfully don't think so

E= External drive

Daz My Library- is the name of the folder that contains the library (36 of them)

My Library 34= name of the library

This is the only program I have had this much trouble with

Question(s )on  two separate occasions have lost the program that works pose convertor, really like it.

Getting it back was a question of luck not skill

Is there any way to structure the install to get the second program?

Batch was not a "need " program. Kept at it three days due to stubborn. 

Honestly do you feel we should give up (will keep the program)

But am getting tired of trying and asking questions, as I am sure you are getting tired  of me

Your honest opinion

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited January 2023

I never get tired of trying to fix things. I'm just telling you the structure the script was coded on. End of the day the script is not designed to look for a library within a library. Try manually installing them eg via product zip and place them into same library and see what happens.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Probably the way I phrased it.

In the log file there is only one libbrary (Daz My Library is a folder name, not a library)

There are 36 My librarys in the folder, This is first time the question has even come up.

Suggestion: Suppose I create a separate My library and  just put this in

or installing in separate librarie.....Batch is the on problem. Do not want to lose Converter

P,S. Any time you get tired of this let me know. You have created a product 

Try manually installing them eg via product zip and place them into same library and see what happens.

Same error

Each time reinstall, reinstalled together in same folder

The libraries are not nestled.

screen.jpg
    803 x 1080 - 97K
    edited January 2023

Drag that library to the root of your hardrive add it to daz content and tell me if it works then.

Post edited by Zev0 on

No good .

Tried putting it into two places

c\Program Files\Daz

and

c\Program Files\Daz\Daz Studio

Same error both places

Made my recycle bin say ouchsmiley

Zevo

You have created a great product with the "converter"

Unfortunately the "batch" has proved to be "uncooperative"

I am sure this is my fault and will hold onto the program.

This is one of the few times I am quitting.

I truly thanlk you for yoor time and patience!

I would ask , in the future, if you see something that might solve this, you will post it

Thank you again and the best of luck!!!

edited January 2023

Update 1.2 should be live. Addresses the following

-Incorrect Pose Popup - Wording changed to be more descriptive.
    -Fixed an issue where figure transformation sliders could become overly sensitive after applying an out-of-limits pose.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,437

I just want to say I'm incredibly happy with the batch converter. I had a huge library of G8 poses I converted since the original Genesis, and now being able to save them to be ready for G9 is amazing.

You are very welcome siryes

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

Wow, I've been reading this thread.   I noticed the the batch ability, unlike previous pose converters is a separate product AND many people who have purchased BOTH the pose converter for Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 and the batch product that goes along with it are having problems with getting the error message "Con't find the required base product ..."

I am hesitant to spend $40 for the two products if it is this difficult to get them to work.   Reading the thread, I see Richard Hazeltine asked how the products were installed.  I install my DAZ purchases through DIM, and manually install my non-Daz purchases.

Before I fork out $40, can someone produce a step-by-step set of instructions on installing, setting up, and using the batch add-on?  (The vendor SHOULD have done this and included it in the package, in my opinion.)

Also, if the maker of this product is reading, I'd like to see an all-in-one like your G3 to G8 converter that aleivates any problems with using the add-on batch script. 

edited February 2023

Edited.

Post edited by Zev0 on

how custom directories were set up with some users. If yours is in the structure daz set up when installing studio you should have no issues. 

Disagree have been trying to get Batch tp work for weeks. uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled.etc, same error message.

Problem is the pose converter works so well,, hoping one day a solution to the batch will appear.

Also in attempting to get batch to work, have frequently lost converter itself.

So many appear to have batch working, problem must lie with me, but where?

I hava a lot less hair.

Refgarding incorrect directories,

On one of my last attempts to get batch to work I u ininstalled eveything, I then used DIM to install.

There is a screen print of the default library DIM set up. I do not use it so your product is the only thing there.

There is a screen print of both products in the location.

I then added this library to the content directory.

Ran batch.....same error message

screen 1.jpg
    712 x 640 - 34K
    screen 2.jpg
    808 x 392 - 32K
  • bicc39 said:

Refgarding incorrect directories,

On one of my last attempts to get batch to work I u ininstalled eveything, I then used DIM to install.

There is a screen print of the default library DIM set up. I do not use it so your product is the only thing there.

There is a screen print of both products in the location.

I then added this library to the content directory.

Ran batch.....same error message

I really hope we can get this working for you (I am the developer). Would you please post a couple of things?

1. Complete DAZ Studio log featuring at least a DAZ Studio startup sequence, and one attempted run of the batch converter. See attached screenshot for how to get there (this is for Windows--on Mac it may be found on a different menu). Cut and paste contents into text file and post.

2. Screen capture of DAZ Studio's Content Directory Manager.

I'm attaching a couple of screenshots in case they may be helpful.

ViewLogFile.jpg
    780 x 409 - 81K
    ContentDirectoryManager.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 310K

Thamk you for your response means a lot. Taking a chance but a few things you shoud be aware of

I have two computers linked as one

On each one I have Daz 4.21 and Daz Studio 4.15  (due to goz zbrush complications)Total of 4 installations

On each one the directories are the same. Each week one directory backed up and imported to second computer.

You have made a fantastic product with the pose converter, appreciate.

I can do one pose at a time, so batch was not really necessary.

What is important (vital) to me is this.

This is the first time something of this nature has occurred in 20 years. Need to know why going forward

Not for batch but for future programs.

To date, without exaggeration have spent days on this.

If I get it to work will probably not use it that much.

But........I need to know why?

Anything I can provde, you have merely to ask. I hope the researching of this might have some residual

benefit for you also. Thanks again

content.jpg
    512 x 840 - 46K
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • Thanks for sending the info. It looks like the issue has to do with hard drive file path resolution...specifically resolving relative paths to absolute paths.I've seen this kind of thing happen when there are nested content directories, and also in network drive situations, although I don't know if that is what is going on here.

I've also run into cases where just changing the method of resolving the path in the code can make a difference for some reason.

To help troubleshoot this I made a script (attached) to try a bunch of different methods to resolve the paths and see if any of them work. Would you mind running it on your Daz Studio 4.21 installation and posting a screenshot of the popup that displays?

There might be more of these tests.

Thanks!

dse
    dse
    pathResolutionTests001.dse

Will d0

Again, my thanks

Also message mentions My library 33.

None of your scripts are in that library....now!

script test.jpg
    522 x 366 - 24K
  • bitwelderbitwelder Posts: 212
    edited February 2023

Thanks for the info and screenshot. Based on that, I created a version of the script with enhanced logging and tests. Please download, unzip and replace the one currently on your hard drive at:

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Genesis 3 & 8 to 9 Batch Pose Converter/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Batch Pose Converter.dse

Then run the script, and post a log just like you did before. (You may want to temporarily rename the script that is currently there so you don't lose it?). The ability to actually convert poses has been disabled in this version, but it will stil help us troubleshoot the issue we're trying to solve.

For some reason I can't attach the file to this post, so here is a download link to the .zip containing the script:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10YfScjs4PVuNCrLdXvM7Bw1A8ohBbjcG/view?usp=sharing

Post edited by bitwelder on

Hope I got it right, script with your downloaded one.

screen print of your tool script same mention of My Library 33.

The log file shows others.

You will get tired of this but again thank you

script xyz.jpg
    504 x 323 - 25K
    txt
    txt
    log file 2.txt
  • bicc39 said:

Hope I got it right, script with your downloaded one.

screen print of your tool script same mention of My Library 33.

The log file shows others.

You will get tired of this but again thank you

Perfect--thanks! You're welcome,I'm just as curious as you are to solve this mystery. Here is another updated version of the script, so just like that last one please:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10__gXq5Sgz0URI2Q04GtQi-f1_Ks3aKO/view?usp=sharing

New script would not run from contents, used sript window to do.

also error messages keep referencing my library 33.

log file mentions differennt directories

txt
    txt
    log 3.txt
    021523 srn.jpg
    553 x 426 - 27K

Further: As I mentioned, over a period of time, was installing, reinstalling countless number of times.

Tried different locations. Copied entire directory to C drive.etc.

When created new directory uninstalled fron old ,installed in new.

The main concern was that on three separate occasions lost the Pose converter, that troubled  me.

When reinstalling tried to make sure that all old files were deleted.. Ran regisrtry cleaners etc.

The fact that the error message references My Library 33 is strange, started with that one originally..

But was cleaned out

edited February 2023

It looks like the installation of Pose Converter is not complete...for some reason it is missing the file 'instructions.png'. Batch Pose Converter expects a full installation of Pose Converter, and any missing files may cause it to complain at script run. A couple ways of fixing this might be:

1. Reinstall Pose Converter using DAZ Install Manager; probably the most secure way to make sure all of the files are installed and in the right place.

2. Manually place the missing file in the directory:

C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/textures/BitZev/Genesis 3 & 8 To 9 Pose Converter/

If you want to do option 2, I'm including a link to the missing file which you would unzip and then place in the above directory. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10acHfVmC5j20ecHugt5QIoW-dbZRUSHX/view?usp=sharing

If this doesn't work, we'll continue looking at other possibilities...

Misunderstanding:

!. Pose converter works, has always worked. Batch convertor never worked

2. Was installed and unuinstalled  and installed using DIM into the simple directory

In any case inserted file as suggessted........

HOLD ON!!!

AS I WAS WRITING THIS TRIED BATCH POSE CONVERTER.

I T  W O R K E D !!!!!!!

Now.

1. Thanks are not enogh for your time and patience!

2. DIM used for installation........missing file???

In any case again...Thank you, this  was above and beyond

Now I can sleep nights!!!!

P.S. Went to a second installation  (not dim) done manually.

Inserted file there.....worked again.

One more question, how did you know it was this file?

edited February 2023

I T  W O R K E D !!!!!!!

yesyesyes

1. Thanks are not enogh for your time and patience!

NP

2. DIM used for installation........missing file???

Very strange, I have no idea what might have happened, but I can confirm that DIM installation for both products appears to be working for me as of this morning. 

One more question, how did you know it was this file?

By comparing the logs that you posted to the script code.. Each succesive test script version helped me narrow it down a little more until the issue surfaced.

T H A N K   Y  O U

So very, very much.

• I see that a new bundle of the pose converters has now been released: but sadly I am not getting a discount for already owning the Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter. So I will just wishlist it for now. The batch converters can wait.