Getting on the 9 train, or not

1515253545557»

Comments

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 511

Richard Haseltine said:

CHWT said:

What I find amusing is that how frequently we have new lingerie after the launch of G9, instead of unisex clothes, which defeats the supposed purpose of G9 (well at least the boys can now play with girls' makeup). Making clothes to suit all sexes requires extra work, I know. So I am looking forward to G10 already, G10M and G10F to be more precise.

A lot of lingerie isn't surprisng - it's popular and relatively easy to rig, if not necessarily model. There have been other products that do benefit male characters, however - whether that has been a greater proportion than with separate figues I don't know. It also isn't the only benefit of using a common base - for example, quite a few people have picked up on its making it easier to give mixed groups of characters a family likeness by using the same morphs on each.

Family likeness in real life works different. The parents look rarely similar, because they  come from different families. The children may or may not have similar faces.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

alienarea said:

The parents look rarely similar, because they  come from different families.

LOL, I don't think anyone needed this explained to them.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271

Ninefold said:

alienarea said:

No, the goal is usuaully to have siblings share characteristics with each other and with their parents or other blood relations.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

Richard Haseltine said:

Ninefold said:

alienarea said:

No, the goal is usuaully to have siblings share characteristics with each other and with their parents or other blood relations.

Yes, I think this is pretty obvious and alienarea intentionally missed the point. 

• dirtriderdirtrider Posts: 21

I tried 9 but just couldn't dial in the body shape the way I can with 8/8.1 plus I can do whatever I want with 8. I also am not a fan of the high midriff/waist style thats been popular since around the time 9 came out for shorts, skirts and the like so I decided to stick with 8 and focus on sets, props, and pbr shaders so I can personalize my scenes more to my liking.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,661

alienarea said:

From my observations at DeviantArt there is probably a bigger demand for NSFW content  than for similar looking siblings.

DA is only the tip of the iceberg on that score. I dare not say more. surprise

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,126

Ninefold said:

alienarea said:

With my two daughters, one looks like my wife, one looks like a female version of me. They look utterly unrelated. Victoria 8 & Charlotte 8 look more related than my daughters. Reality is messier than simple assumptions. Regards, Richard.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,736

richardandtracy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ninefold said:

alienarea said:

With my two daughters, one looks like my wife, one looks like a female version of me. They look utterly unrelated. Victoria 8 & Charlotte 8 look more related than my daughters. Reality is messier than simple assumptions. Regards, Richard.

It must be difficult for you to pick a favourite.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,770

I'm super slow to upgrade figures unless pushed by a commission or something. My upgrade from generation 4 figures didn't happen until Genesis 8, lol.

I can't fathom how much I've spent over the years and have never used or only used once. So trying to make wiser buying habits. 

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 142
    edited 1:05AM

I gave it a fair shot and spent a small fortune of G9 stuff. But those unnatural looking bend, and wierd armpits make me return to 8.1 because it doesn`t look like they are interested in fixing it.

PA`s are now pumping out mostly G9 stuff here, so I have been giving most of my money to RH as most there are still making 8/8.1 assets and not hopping on the G9 train.

Yeah the bends look ok with clothes on, but I only make adult art so other than hight heels, my characters detest wearing clothes wink

Post edited by johnjohn808 at
  • PraxisPraxis Posts: 241

johnjohn808 said:

I gave it a fair shot and spent a small fortune of G9 stuff. But those unnatural looking bend, and wierd armpits make me return to 8.1 because it doesn`t look like they are interested in fixing it.

PA`s are now pumping out mostly G9 stuff here, so I have been giving most of my money to RH as most there are still making 8/8.1 assets and not hopping on the G9 train.

Yeah the bends look ok with clothes on, but I only make adult art so other than hight heels, my characters detest wearing clothes wink

I'm surprised meipe (or...?) has not yet (that I know of) made full neck-down GeoGrafts for G9, to provide detailed base-resolution meshes optimized for the human male & female, with all the desired detail for breasts, navel, genitals, glutes, hands, feet, etc.  Looking at this thread I imagine the potential market to be "quite huge".devil

• johnjohn808johnjohn808 Posts: 142
    edited 3:09AM

Praxis said:

johnjohn808 said:

I'm surprised meipe (or...?) has not yet (that I know of) made full neck-down GeoGrafts for G9, to provide detailed base-resolution meshes optimized for the human male & female, with all the desired detail for breasts, navel, genitals, glutes, hands, feet, etc.  Looking at this thread I imagine the potential market to be "quite huge".devil

Yeah meipe has made G9 versions of both male and female "elements" but both the Female " lower" and  "chest' products seems really off compared to the 8.1 versions, so I dont use them. The male element is ok though. 

3feetwolf`s gens are a lot more natural looking and I`ve been using those on G9 if I`m not doing the old torso (Body on G9) paste trick on Daz`s Anatomical Elements.

Post edited by johnjohn808 at