[Released] dForce Assistant [Commercial]

Comments

• AnEye4Art said:

Thanks. I will purchase ultimate zero, though.

Well, I like UZ too smiley  But I wanted to be sure you knew it wasn't needed.

• marble said:

RiverSoftArt said:

marble said:

I could see myself using this because I have avoided buying long, flowing garments precisely due to the difficulty I have with dForce-ing them. As you point out - they almost always end up in an explosion. However, I also avoid using animation for dForce because I often want to animate the characters in a scene but the dForce animation takes over the timeline (DAZ Studio does not have Non-Linear Animation). I've asked on this forum previously whether there is a way to save out a single frame from the timeline as a stand-alone scene but the suggested methods have not really worked well for me. What I would want is the result of the dForce animation without saving the animation (timeline) that led to it.

So I wonder whether you might be able to script that frame isolation - perhaps as a separate product? I would buy that and also this becuase it would open up a lot of new possibilities for me.

You might try using dForce2Morph to save out the result of the dForce animation as a single frame which can you morph to in your master scene.

I have that so I can give it a try but I didn't think of it as a way to save out a frame from the timeline - rather as something to "solidify" a drape into a garment. Anyhow, I'll have a look.

It is not necessarily intuitve (and a little cumbersome) but it can work that way.  Good luck!

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited November 2022

I don't know why but I get an error trying to simulate after running the script. I'll post the log when I try again.

DForce.PNG
    897 x 555 - 261K
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • AnEye4Art said:

I don't know why but I get an error trying to simulate after running the script. I'll post the log when I try again.

Yes, please.  That will help.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,028

Very useful .... do I need the lastest version of studio, or will it work with previous versions? How far back will it work?

• mcorr said:

Very useful .... do I need the lastest version of studio, or will it work with previous versions? How far back will it work?

As for previous versions, I can't see anything that says it won't. However, @RiverSoftArt will tell you for certain. Just make sure that your NVIDIA driver version is 517.40

DoctorJellybean said:

mcorr said:

As for previous versions, I can't see anything that says it won't. However, @RiverSoftArt will tell you for certain. Just make sure that your NVIDIA driver version is 517.40

I run both windows and a mac ... how does the driver issue affect the mac .... anybody out there know?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,514

mcorr said:

DoctorJellybean said:

mcorr said:

I run both windows and a mac ... how does the driver issue affect the mac .... anybody out there know?

Do you simulate dForce using nVidia card on the mac? (in that case you're on MacOS 10.13.6 at max and use DS 4.12.

I guess you simulate with AMD card on macOS (nVidia simulates on macOS never really workd well, too many driver crashes for my likings), buit AMD openCL works relly well, and so does CPU, but a bit slower.

MacOS 10.13.6 and DS 4.12 ... so that will work with the fitting nVidia driver?

• DoctorJellybean said:

mcorr said:

I am uncertain.  From a quick scan of functions, I saw for sure it needs to be 4.11.0.210 and later though.

• mcorr said:

MacOS 10.13.6 and DS 4.12 ... so that will work with the fitting nVidia driver?

I'm told that  MacOS 10.13.6 is the last one which works with NVIDIA drivers.

• AnEye4Art said:

Do other simulations work?

• Richard Haseltine said:

AnEye4Art said:

Explain "other simulations". But I'll check when I return home from work. I'm sure it's me who's messing up.  

• AnEye4Art said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AnEye4Art said:

Explain "other simulations". But I'll check when I return home from work. I'm sure it's me who's messing up.  

A simulation without having used a dForce Assistant script first.

• It happened even without dforce assistant.

DForce.PNG
    897 x 554 - 187K
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M
  • AnEye4Art said:

It happened even without dforce assistant.

What is the version of the NVIDIA driver?

• This one using Dforce assistant. I am using studio driver v522.30

DForce.PNG
    882 x 588 - 393K
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M
  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

AnEye4Art said:

This one using Dforce assistant. I am using studio driver v522.30

That particuler driver version breaks dforce,  you need to use driver version V517 

• Thanks. I'll see how I can revert back to v517.

• AnEye4Art said:

Thanks. I'll see how I can revert back to v517.

Good luck!  Thank you everyone for helping!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Someone requested an example.  The script works great, it made setting up the timeline easy, something I spend quite a lot of time doing.  Of course I had to go all out and do a layered outfit, the script made setup easy.  I also used the generate floor script. This is a quick render that I threw together.

DforceAsstTest.jpg
    1500 x 1018 - 738K
  • Daventaki said:

Someone requested an example.  The script works great, it made setting up the timeline easy, something I spend quite a lot of time doing.  Of course I had to go all out and do a layered outfit, the script made setup easy.  I also used the generate floor script. This is a quick render that I threw together.

Beautiful!  Thank you for sharing.  

• This looks very useful indeed. My concern is how easy is it to reset the timeline? For example, if I have rendered the scene and all the dForce has worked well but now I want to 'refresh' and start again does this script help out? I have tried in the past with the Daz animation timeline changing the total frames to 1 then saving, quitting, reloading scene and so on. A bit of a hassle. What do others do? As you can tell, the timeline is relatively new to me. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

Thanks for posting, @Daventaki. Looks great.

• Beanoutback said:

This looks very useful indeed. My concern is how easy is it to reset the timeline? For example, if I have rendered the scene and all the dForce has worked well but now I want to 'refresh' and start again does this script help out? I have tried in the past with the Daz animation timeline changing the total frames to 1 then saving, quitting, reloading scene and so on. A bit of a hassle. What do others do? As you can tell, the timeline is relatively new to me. 

No, the script does not help with resetting the timeline.

Daventaki said:

what an outstanding example .... gorgeous!

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited November 2022

I updated to a newer version and dforce works now.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • AnEye4Art said:

Yeah, I heard there is a new driver that works.  Glad to hear you are good to go,.

• RiverSoftArt said:

AnEye4Art said:

Yeah, I heard there is a new driver that works.  Glad to hear you are good to go,.

Yes, 526.98 is the lastest which works.

• DoctorJellybean said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnEye4Art said:

Yes, 526.98 is the lastest which works.

Thanks for all the help. You guys are awesome.