[Released] dForce Assistant [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• i keep messing up... either the dress gets caught in the cube or under the cube and every time i keep having to close out of DS and set it all up again.

is there anyway to just reset everything without having to close DS?

• SolitarySandpiper said:

i keep messing up... either the dress gets caught in the cube or under the cube and every time i keep having to close out of DS and set it all up again.

Do you mean the Clear button under the Simulate tab?  That will clear out the simulation.

• SolitarySandpiperSolitarySandpiper Posts: 468
    edited November 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

i keep messing up... either the dress gets caught in the cube or under the cube and every time i keep having to close out of DS and set it all up again.

Do you mean the Clear button under the Simulate tab?  That will clear out the simulation.

No it's not that... i want a fresh timeline i think, without all the keyframes i guess, is there any way to do that? there's a 'clear animation' tab in DS but the options in there don't seem to do anything.

For now i think i'll just make a save point just before i start the dforce assistant and reload from there.

edit: i had the same problem when i came to Daz over two and a half years ago and i wanted to try my hand at animations... everytime i made a mistake there didn't seem a way to correct it without starting from scratch... people on the forums told me to just clear the animation or use the remove keyframe icon under the timeline but i could never get either to work... moving forward to present day and this as brought back the same frustrations!

Thankfully i'm a little more practised now at overcoming my failures in DS and have just worked out that i have to click on the item (which can often be hidden) to the left of the timeline, then i can clear the selected or remove a keyframe.

Post edited by SolitarySandpiper on
  • SolitarySandpiper said:

RiverSoftArt said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

No it's not that... i want a fresh timeline i think, without all the keyframes i guess, is there any way to do that? there's a 'clear animation' tab in DS but the options in there don't seem to do anything.

For now i think i'll just make a save point just before i start the dforce assistant and reload from there.

edit: i had the same problem when i came to Daz over two and a half years ago and i wanted to try my hand at animations... everytime i made a mistake there didn't seem a way to correct it without starting from scratch... people on the forums told me to just clear the animation or use the remove keyframe icon under the timeline but i could never get either to work... moving forward to present day and this as brought back the same frustrations!

Thankfully i'm a little more practised now at overcoming my failures in DS and have just worked out that i have to click on the item (which can often be hidden) to the left of the timeline, then i can clear the selected or remove a keyframe.

Ah, I see.  I also use Undo a lot.  I will test the simulation right after applying dForce Assistant and then back out that way if it is wrong.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

I've been using dForce on a meipe product, and it works well. All the necessary scripts are there for that product's use. On the promo page, you say that one has to still do all the necessary other things to use your product. What are those other things? Do I have to buy some other script or assistant?

• inquire said:

I've been using dForce on a meipe product, and it works well. All the necessary scripts are there for that product's use. On the promo page, you say that one has to still do all the necessary other things to use your product. What are those other things? Do I have to buy some other script or assistant?

No, no, I just meant that you have to do all the things to make sure dForce runs correctly.  For example, don't do a pose which intersects with the body and the clothing causing explosions... things like that.

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444

I've been using this for a while and I am very happy with it. Simulations look much better and alongside dforce companion 2.0, it has made simulating much easier.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

Eboshijaana said:

I've been using this for a while and I am very happy with it. Simulations look much better and alongside dforce companion 2.0, it has made simulating much easier.

Thank you for the kind words! smiley

Something I've been struggling with; If you have two (or more) figures in the scene that need simulation, how does one do that? I've tried using the script separately on both, but one always ends up with a messed up timeline.

Eboshijaana said:

Something I've been struggling with; If you have two (or more) figures in the scene that need simulation, how does one do that? I've tried using the script separately on both, but one always ends up with a messed up timeline.

How do you mean messed up timeline?  I would hide the first character, simulate and freeze the results on the second character, hide the second character, and show, simulate and freeze the results on the first character.

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

How do you mean messed up timeline?  I would hide the first character, simulate and freeze the results on the second character, hide the second character, and show, simulate and freeze the results on the first character.

It is hard to explain, but basically, instead of the script making the character's morphs default to 0 in the timeline spot 0, it adds the second character's zero morphs in the middle of the simulation.

As you can see, the second figure starts with all the morphs active, then turns to default and THEN the morph change happens.

The second character's dforce helper script is activated at the end of the timeline,too.

dforcederp2.png
    1018 x 756 - 805K
    dforcederp1.png
    908 x 600 - 526K

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

It is hard to explain, but basically, instead of the script making the character's morphs default to 0 in the timeline spot 0, it adds the second character's zero morphs in the middle of the simulation.

As you can see, the second figure starts with all the morphs active, then turns to default and THEN the morph change happens.

The second character's dforce helper script is activated at the end of the timeline,too.

I am still not entirely sure but I will try and recreate the issue.  In the meantime, I think you could always simulate one character in a different scene and pull it in as a scene subset (frozen).  So you only execute dForce Assistant on one character/scene.

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

I am still not entirely sure but I will try and recreate the issue.  In the meantime, I think you could always simulate one character in a different scene and pull it in as a scene subset (frozen).  So you only execute dForce Assistant on one character/scene.

To help you recreate it, here is my workflow;

1. After using dForce helper, bring the timeline to frame 0

2. Simulate the character one's clothing/fur.

3. Once character one's simulation has run, freeze the dforce parts
    4. Hide the first character
    5. Use the dforce helper script on the second character

6. Put the timeline once more on frame 0.
    7. Simulate the second character.

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

To help you recreate it, here is my workflow;

1. After using dForce helper, bring the timeline to frame 0

2. Simulate the character one's clothing/fur.

3. Once character one's simulation has run, freeze the dforce parts
    4. Hide the first character
    5. Use the dforce helper script on the second character

6. Put the timeline once more on frame 0.
    7. Simulate the second character.

Thanks for the steps.