Angela 9 HD

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165
    edited February 2023

I bought the Mega Bundle after getting the additional banner discount.

Angela HD PS.jpg
    1672 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I didn't get a "missed you" banner, but a plain one I got right away that says 20% off. How much is the missed you one? Does it stack? 

Even at an extra 20% off, it's still overpriced to me and I'd have to add three PA items that are only 65% off to bring the price down more. I'll wait. Beside my computer suddenly stopped working, seems like an electrical issue and I have to bring the monster in for repair. Ugh. 

I like to take my own photos of red carpets, paparazzi and even honey wagons (trailors) that I can use as backgrounds (blurred) which uses much less resources on my computer anyway. Also the whole interior of the trailer meant as an actor's trailer on set/location looks unrealistic to me, especially the dishes, dishwasher and cooking facilities. Actors don't ride or sleep overnight in the trailers. Meals are catered. There are separate hair and makeup trailers that are super well-lit, not like the dark lighting at the mirror in this trailer. The whole interior really looks wrong and it's not clear if all that can be removed or hidden. I'd rather redesign the interior with other furniture and props that are more appropriate. Does anyone know if the inside furniture and appliances can be deleted or hidden?

• Guess they didn't miss me. Wonder if they'll miss my $.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,698

They will miss my $. Outta the cart.

Wonderland said:

I didn't get a "missed you" banner, but a plain one I got right away that says 20% off. How much is the missed you one? Does it stack? 

Even at an extra 20% off, it's still overpriced to me and I'd have to add three PA items that are only 65% off to bring the price down more. I'll wait. Beside my computer suddenly stopped working, seems like an electrical issue and I have to bring the monster in for repair. Ugh. 

I like to take my own photos of red carpets, paparazzi and even honey wagons (trailors) that I can use as backgrounds (blurred) which uses much less resources on my computer anyway. Also the whole interior of the trailer meant as an actor's trailer on set/location looks unrealistic to me, especially the dishes, dishwasher and cooking facilities. Actors don't ride or sleep overnight in the trailers. Meals are catered. There are separate hair and makeup trailers that are super well-lit, not like the dark lighting at the mirror in this trailer. The whole interior really looks wrong and it's not clear if all that can be removed or hidden. I'd rather redesign the interior with other furniture and props that are more appropriate. Does anyone know if the inside furniture and appliances can be deleted or hidden?

The Missed You banner is 30%. There are so many complicated stacking deals on that sale page, I don't know what all stacks with what. I used my Daz+ coupon, bought 4 artist items for max discount, and a few $1 items. Since I had a lot of Daz Originals in my cart, the Daz+ coupon was spread among them. This is my cart.

Screenshot 2023-02-01 233437.jpg
    589 x 269 - 39K
    edited February 2023

CHB Dalila - she has a long neck! She is wearing G8 clothes and hair.

CHB Dalila_001_VW Elsa Portrait_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
  • Can anyone teach me how to achieve this?

angela9hd04daz3d.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 597K

tunggul1101 said:

Can anyone teach me how to achieve this?

You have to purchase a garment that includes HD morphs for the character to make the indentations.

edited February 2023

Angela HD with Older Face and Body morphs and Minerva HD morphs.

Angela Older Eyebrows PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

So the Miss You banner is better than the Your Exclusive Deal banner. I guess I'll wait till they miss me. Today I got banners for more discounts on the Freja Mega bundle but I have no interest in that bundle. I will never understand their marketing. 

• sidsid Posts: 400

With Dalila:

With Jinx (Jinx had two materials, but both darker and more saturated with red tones than Angela).

I thought I'd be able to use Dalila's makeup with Angela, but the only LIE materials for Gen9 appear to be this contour and blush, and a few black eyeliners. Non of the eyeshadows or lipsticks sadly, but I can show you what the counter and blush look like transfered to Angela. (I ended up putting Minerva's eye glitter look on for fun in the last one)

No makeup:

Dalila's and Minerva's makeup:

The Attitude poses are a bit too 'tude for my taste, but she looks ok here.

• sidsid Posts: 400

barbult said:

CHB Dalila - she has a long neck! She is wearing G8 clothes and hair.

Love the slightly indignant expression. 

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    sid said:

With Dalila:

With Jinx (Jinx had two materials, but both darker and more saturated with red tones than Angela).

I thought I'd be able to use Dalila's makeup with Angela, but the only LIE materials for Gen9 appear to be this contour and blush, and a few black eyeliners. Non of the eyeshadows or lipsticks sadly, but I can show you what the counter and blush look like transfered to Angela. (I ended up putting Minerva's eye glitter look on for fun in the last one)

No makeup:

Dalila's and Minerva's makeup:

The Attitude poses are a bit too 'tude for my taste, but she looks ok here.

Snatched. I love some good contouring.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Su7Sonic said:

I managed to get the mega bundle at around 50$ too. Plus grabbed some discounted (1$ each) environments.
    Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Here's a quick test.

Oh, show her face much better than the actual product renders do. She's actually really very nice. 

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

Angela has Asymmetry turned on. So, here it is at zero and then at 100 in the portraits. In these renders, she is mixed with Josie and Pixie. Thank you Daz. I love this blend. I appreciate the deals.

Angela at 60 with Pixie 9 and Josie both at 30 render 8b Asymmetry 0 .jpg
    973 x 1265 - 666K
    Angela at 60 with Pixie 9 and Josie both at 30 render 8b Asymmetry 100 .jpg
    973 x 1265 - 663K
    Angela at 60 with Pixie 9 and Josie both at 30 render 10.jpg
    973 x 1265 - 464K
    Angela at 60 with Pixie 9 and Josie both at 30 render 1b.jpg
    973 x 1265 - 528K
  • ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439
    edited February 2023

Someone wanted another Angela and Josie 60% 60% image.

Angela Josie 60 60 Test 01.png
    1012 x 1349 - 2M
    Angela Josie 60 60 Test 02.png
    1012 x 1349 - 2M
    Post edited by ecks201 on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,504

Wonderland said:

So the Miss You banner is better than the Your Exclusive Deal banner. I guess I'll wait till they miss me. Today I got banners for more discounts on the Freja Mega bundle but I have no interest in that bundle. I will never understand their marketing. 

I think they have missed me twice so far. 

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited February 2023

50% Angela Body
    68% Angela Head
    60% Josie Body
    60% Josie Head
    15% Josie 9 Proportions

1.png
    618 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Twilight76 on
  • mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    The line has moved. Everyone seems happy paying $50-plus when it wasn't that long ago people were frustrated paying $35 for a new bundle.
  • ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

mwokee said:

The line has moved. Everyone seems happy paying $50-plus when it wasn't that long ago people were frustrated paying $35 for a new bundle.

There's quite a few who wouldn't buy yesterday at $50
    I think most in here purchased it today, with a load of stacked discounts, at $35

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,447

ecks201 said:

mwokee said:

I think most in here purchased it today, with a load of stacked discounts, at $35

what yoiu buying for $35 ..what bundle or what? 

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited February 2023

With all discounts I could get the character (and the character alone because otherwise there's not much interesting in the bundles) under $30.

But... Is there any point in purchasing this anyway? G8+ reddish skins are effect of the settings, translucency can be altered too and without skin concerns Jinx 8.1 absolutely overshades Angela 9 in comparison. More unique face, more anatomically correct because it has properly working limbs.

Ok, so G9 textures I can use on a male... But I can swap UVs or rebake on G8 for same effect.

Meh. For all increases in price so far G9 was decrease in quality. Freja 9 comes with nice body type... Except her JCMs also aren't sufficient so it's not like im going to use it on many renders.

What's the point to Angela 9? What new it does? I suppose generic African G9 core figure was a reason enough, but that's not very enticing.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • ecks201 said:

mwokee said:

How??? I can't seem to get the mega bundle below $57 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 260

Charlie Judge said:

ecks201 said:

mwokee said:

There are two discount banners and also 3+ featured artist discount. Its comes down to $39.95 82% Off for me.

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    How did you guys get that $35 price tag for the mega bundle? Mine is $39.95. I have been sitting on the fence for two days already. That few dollars of price difference is not the main factor. Honestly I only want the celebrity trailer. And I want the Silent Winter red carpet more than the Xivon one.
  • Tomhip said:

Charlie Judge said:

ecks201 said:

mwokee said:

There are two discount banners and also 3+ featured artist discount. Its comes down to $39.95 82% Off for me.

Hmm, You must have different banner offers than me. I have two banner offers, but only one of them is giving me an extra discount on the Angela 9 mega bundle. If I could get it down to $35 (or even $39) I probably would go for it. As it is I'm not buying and saving my pennies for another day. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 260

Tomhip said:

Charlie Judge said:

And with Monthly coupon it goes to $35.73 84% Off

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

PixelSploiting said:

Jinx 8.1 absolutely overshades Angela 9 in comparison. More unique face, more anatomically correct because it has properly working limbs.

It's the eyes. 8.1 improves over 8, but 9's eyes are exceptional. I'm not talking about the eyball itself...it's the whole package. I can't unsee the difference now. Thankfully most of my renders would be fully-clothed with armor, so not too much concern over the bends as they are. That and I tend not to do too extreme of poses. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,327

When I read the name 'Angela 9' in the email, I thought: 'Oh please, not another white girl!' I had already wondered if the 9 series would be completely 'Caucasian'... Thank goodness it isn't. I like Angela 9 a lot, but her eyes irritate me. Otherwise she has turned out splendidly. 

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

I never got the second banner, so I'm stuck at ~$57 which is way too pricey for me. I may just pick up the Angela, but the more threads I see popping up showing the deficiencies of G9, I think I might put a pin in it for now.