Angela 9 HD

124»

Comments

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693

vwrangler said:

memcneil70 said:

I found the Mega Bundle had eight items I wanted and would use, and five I might not. But buying them individually would cost more. So I picked it up at $52.15 (or $4.04 an item) and three items in PA stores I liked.

How on earth did you get the price that low? Even with one banner and Daz+ coupons, it's a lot higher than that for me.

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out.

Can either of you teach me that trick as I would like to pick Angela up myself.   Get this...I had complained about Freja's price in her thread as well.  Now I get a checkout banner that says I can get an additional 50% off on her Mega Bundle and with the current discount on her and with a new release in my cart, it comes to 75% off the bundle's regular price.  Still, even though it brings the price down to $73,  This is (around) what the Genesis 8 regular price for the Pro Bundle used to be.  Granted, you DO get alot with the Freja Bundle and I admit $73 is decent, but the case for concern is how crazy the initial price was.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,814
    edited February 2023

jukingeo said:

vwrangler said:

memcneil70 said:

I found the Mega Bundle had eight items I wanted and would use, and five I might not. But buying them individually would cost more. So I picked it up at $52.15 (or $4.04 an item) and three items in PA stores I liked.

How on earth did you get the price that low? Even with one banner and Daz+ coupons, it's a lot higher than that for me.

EDIT: Never mind. Figured it out.

Can either of you teach me that trick as I would like to pick Angela up myself.   Get this...I had complained about Freja's price in her thread as well.  Now I get a checkout banner that says I can get an additional 50% off on her Mega Bundle and with the current discount on her and with a new release in my cart, it comes to 75% off the bundle's regular price.  Still, even though it brings the price down to $73,  This is (around) what the Genesis 8 regular price for the Pro Bundle used to be.  Granted, you DO get alot with the Freja Bundle and I admit $73 is decent, but the case for concern is how crazy the initial price was.

The problem is, getting the price down depends on what options you have available. 

It started with getting a banner/message discount for 20% off the Angela 9 HD megabundle. (Some people had an additional "Missing you" discount that stacked on; I didn't.)

Then add in some combination of three items from either the "Celebrity new releases" section or the "45% off Featured Artists stores" section for an additional 35% off the megabundle. The combination of all of that pulls the price of the megabundle itself down so that depending on which three items you get from the Celebrity/Artists sections, you may pay less for the whole cart than for the megabundle alone. But it's still not cheap, exactly. That said, assuming that the discounts on the page itself are still active -- they should be active for one more day, I think-- you might get a cheaper price for the bundle.(Assuming there's a new promotion tomorrow, Angela's banner will roll off the front page. I have no idea whether or not that means that the promotions attached to her will end, but they'll certainly be harder to find.)

Separately, Angela 9 HD herself got an update in DIM today (well, probably Friday, but I didn't check then). No idea what was updated; her readme doesn't show any change.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165
    edited February 2023

I'm so happy with the Angela 9 Mega Bundle. I got a good price and I've used almost everything in it already.

Angela with Dalila's skin. I think I used Minerva's eyes.

Angela in the Evening Dress Outfit with G8 Pascale Hair.

Angela 9 Fists_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Angela 9 Leaning_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

There's a 300mb update.
    But as is usual, no mention of why in the documentation centre

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,698

Thank you, @barbult, for posting all the nice renders.

xyer0 said:

Since you are enjoying them, I'll post another. smiley This is a combination of Angels 9 and Minerva 9. The glasses are Glitzy Catrims G9 by AllenArt. I posted this image in the thread for that freebie.

• For personal reasons, I don't like catrim glasses, but am compelled to say that I think that looks absolutely perfect, Barbult. G9 is spectacular with portraits, and this is no exception.

Regards,

Richard

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,698

barbult said:

xyer0 said:

Since you are enjoying them, I'll post another. smiley This is a combination of Angels 9 and Minerva 9. The glasses are Glitzy Catrims G9 by AllenArt. I posted this image in the thread for that freebie.

Thanks for posting that! She looks better than either Angela or Minerva. Daz missed me with We Miss You coupon; so, I decided to save $51 and wait until Angela 9 is in the cutout bin, but you've sold me on her.

edited February 2023

This is Dalila. She was in the Angela Mega Bundle.

Dalila Dark Green Olivia Top Short Afro Hair close Park and City HDRI_007_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I used to hate catrim gllasses when I was a kid, haven't seen much of them since the early 70s. I thought they were so unflattering to the females that wore them, but then glasses in general had that reputation not just catrim glasses. The glasses I was forced to wear in the military were called, as a joke, B.C. glasses, B.C. as in birth control. Of course I never wore them, only those that were legally blind without them would ever be caught wearing them. laugh

Now, though, seeing that render, catrim glasses are quite cute really. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,751

My brother was legally blind and did wear those frames and was a civilian. He came of age during Vietnam and was 4F. He needed the frames to hold the 'coke bottle' lenses he needed to see. I had no idea what his eye color was until he took the glasses off one time, and looked up at me, and I saw he had the most lovely color of deep green eyes, surrounded by long, black lashes. Add in dark auburn, streaked with light red hair. He took after the Irish side of the family. No wonder women loved him.

While I was in the service, I paid for civilian glasses at the BX store. The female version of the glasses were a beigish color. The black would have been better.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited February 2023

nonesuch00 said:

I used to hate catrim gllasses when I was a kid, haven't seen much of them since the early 70s. I thought they were so unflattering to the females that wore them, but then glasses in general had that reputation not just catrim glasses. The glasses I was forced to wear in the military were called, as a joke, B.C. glasses, B.C. as in birth control. Of course I never wore them, only those that were legally blind without them would ever be caught wearing them. laugh

Which of course, big overstated frames are what is popular and currently in fashion. I've worn glasses for the past 30 or so years and I'm very happy where the popular fashion has gone in terms of frame style. In fact, I'm wearing some classic style Ray-Ban's right now that look like they're right out of the 60's. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,497

I like the look of catrim glasses on a woman, they give her character, but I find most of the glasses too big

PerttiA said:

I like the look of catrim glasses on a woman, they give her character, but I find most of the glasses too big

I just know they don't look good on me, lol. I need more rectangular frames, so like the classic Ray-Ban Wayfarer style which I suppose does have a very slight cat-eye to them...but nothing like what is pictured above.  

edited February 2023

MelissaGT said:

nonesuch00 said:

Which of course, big overstated frames are what is popular and currently in fashion. I've worn glasses for the past 30 or so years and I'm very happy where the popular fashion has gone in terms of frame style. In fact, I'm wearing some classic style Ray-Ban's right now that look like they're right out of the 60's. 

I have, I don't know the terminology for the style, but those thin gold wire coated in fake tortoise shell, they are not round and not oval, sort of "mini-"Rayban Aviator glasses, that is, the lenses are shaped a bit like Rayban aviator sunglasses but smaller. I never wear them though as I can see fine except for signs in the distance and with these GPS navigators even wearing them while driving isn't needed so much.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited February 2023

nonesuch00 said:

MelissaGT said:

nonesuch00 said:

I have, I don't know the terminology for the style, but those thin gold wire coated in fake tortoise shell, thay are not round and not oval, sort of "mini-"Rayban Aviator glasses, this is, the lenses are shaped a bit like Rayban aviator sunglasses but smaller. I never wear them though as I can see fine except for signs in the distance and with these GPS navigators even wearing them while driving isn't needed so much.

My vision is terrible. Without my glasses anything beyond 18" away is a fuzzy blur. If it wasn't for newer tech that allows for ultra-thin lenses (albeit at greater expense), I would be wearing coke-bottles. I have contacts, but I'm entirely too lazy to deal with them and only wear them when I know I'll be out of the house for the day and want to be able to wear sunglasses. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on

MelissaGT said:

nonesuch00 said:

MelissaGT said:

nonesuch00 said:

I have, I don't know the terminology for the style, but those thin gold wire coated in fake tortoise shell, thay are not round and not oval, sort of "mini-"Rayban Aviator glasses, this is, the lenses are shaped a bit like Rayban aviator sunglasses but smaller. I never wear them though as I can see fine except for signs in the distance and with these GPS navigators even wearing them while driving isn't needed so much.

My vision is terrible. Without my glasses anything beyond 18" away is a fuzzy blur. If it wasn't for newer tech that allows for ultra-thin lenses (albeit at greater expense), I would be wearing coke-bottles. I have contacts, but I'm entirely too lazy to deal with them and only wear them when I know I'll be out of the house for the day and want to be able to wear sunglasses. 

Oh, I've heard of these new, very thin lenses. I think they are called polycarbonate lenses. Also, I knew a fellow he had a titanium frame and could wrap the ear piece around his finger and it would snap back into place when he let go. I priced them to get me a pair but they were like crazy $1000 expensive and that was decades ago now.

I did try contacts in college when I always was stuck at the back of the classroom and couldn't read the professor's writing without severely squinting; but I soon gave them up after falling asleep a couple of times with them still in and finding out how painful that was. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,079
    edited February 2023

I started to need glasses age 13, and at the time the NHS was doing their own version of the BC glasses. I wore tortoiseshell ones like this:

Utterly gruesome, but they were free. Stuck with them until 16 when I couldn't bear them any more. I have since stayed with boring narrow rimmed metal glasses & plastic lenses. I'm quite short sighted & can see up to 7" without glasses. That's actually perfect for doing my 28ct (28 stitches to the inch/11 stitches per cm) cross stitch, a bit like this one that's a mere 44060 stitches and 117 different thread colours, and is a created from a photo I took of my wife on Honeymoon. Took me 7 months to do. Had to write the charting program to get a sufficiently accurate chart, and have improved it since:

Regards

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

She's a beauty! I can't wait to see what her partner looks like! :D

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,385

richardandtracy said:

I started to need glasses age 13, and at the time the NHS was doing their own version of the BC glasses. I wore tortoiseshell ones like this:

Utterly gruesome, but they were free. Stuck with them until 16 when I couldn't bear them any more. I have since stayed with boring narrow rimmed metal glasses & plastic lenses. I'm quite short sighted & can see up to 7" without glasses. That's actually perfect for doing my 28ct (28 stitches to the inch/11 stitches per cm) cross stitch, a bit like this one that's a mere 44060 stitches and 117 different thread colours, and is a created from a photo I took of my wife on Honeymoon. Took me 7 months to do. Had to write the charting program to get a sufficiently accurate chart, and have improved it since:

Regards

Richard

Wow, I mean just - WOW, the stitching picture is just amazing! (As is the fact that you actually got glasses for free, even if ugly ... Where I live, you get a very small sum courtesy of your insurance, maybe enough for a quarter of a lens - and that only if you're so shortsighted that you basically blind. Other than that, you're on your own, glasses-wise. But back to the main thing, so once again:)

WOW!!! Can't believe you did that with your hands!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,079
    edited February 2023
    Cross stitch is the hobby for those who are suited to show the triumph of stubbornness over sense. It's simply a matter of following the chart. Exactly. Making the image the chart's created from is the difficult bit, and that honeymoon photo is one of only two photos I regard as reasonably good that I've ever taken. The other is of a cat.. ;) Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,385

richardandtracy said:

Cross stitch is the hobby for those who are suited to show the triumph of stubbornness over sense. It's simply a matter of following the chart. Exactly. Making the image the chart's created from is the difficult bit, and that honeymoon photo is one of only two photos I regard as reasonably good that I've ever taken. The other is of a cat.. ;) Regards, Richard.

Me, I never even managed to not color across the lines in school ... So there goes my cross stitching career it seems ... It's interesting to know, though, people here do have astonishing hobbies and abilities oftentimes. 

Wow, this thread has gone way off track, from Angela 9, to eye glasses, to cross stitch!