"V3D HDR Master Bundle" (Commercial)

Comments

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Yes it was my mistake, it was definitively not clear. Actually I meant perspective view (in my head that was it). Anyway, now with the update I'm developping, it will be the active camera, (perspective view or active scene camera). I'm testing "Env camera over user camera" creations right now, it works fine, it was only one line to delete!

barbult said:

V3Digitimes said:

Hi, this is normal, your create the V3D Env Camera at the Perspective View location, not at the current camera location. Maybe I've been not clear in the documentation. Eventually this can be implemented in the update, this should be possible, but I don't remember I said it anywhere it was on the active camera... Did I ?

Edit : in the meantime, you can try to copy and paste to pose of your scene camera to your V3D Env Camera. You won't have exactly the same view since the x and z rotations are locked to 0, but I think it should work.

Edit 2 :I just saw my tip and my documentation, indeed this is not clear. I'll update the camera creation.

This is what I saw in the documentation that made me think it would set it to the current camera. I actually says "current camera". I'm not viewing the Perspective View, so I did not expect it to set the location to the Perspective View. I look forward to the update. Meanwhile I can workaround it with your tips.

Take care don't copy paste the full camera via crtl c crtl v, but only the pose. You make "copy", then in Parameters pane, left click on the three lines a the top right and make Paste, "paste pose to selected items". Otherwise you would lose the 360!
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,148

V3Digitimes said:

OK I updated my camera creation, and now the V3D Env Camera can be created at the ACTIVE camera x,z location, at an altitude of 150 cm with the active camera Y rotation (and all other rotations at 0). My question is  :

is this an update you would want? Is is useful in any way?

Is ACTIVE camera the camera that is used in the Viewport? That is what would make sense to me. Yes, I think that is useful. Thanks for your excellent support!

Yes active camera is the one you have in the viewport. The update script is already ready ;)

edited March 2023

I made an UltraScenery scene with one of the Australia ecologies and Josie 9 in it for scale reference. I used the Poly Haven Sunflowers HDRI for lighting. I rendered it as a reference image for how it should look. Then I hid Josie 9 and created an HDR of the UltraScenery environment. I replaced the real UltraScenery props and instances with the HDRI. After adjusting the HDRI rotation and dome scale, I was able to get the dome to look almost exactly like the original UltraScenery. I added clothes and posing to Josie and added Popcorn the goat.

I was very impressed by the capability and ease of this product! I've made a few HDRIs in Daz Studio manually before, and it was a big error prone hassle. This makes it so much easier.

BV Dry River Bed AB HDRI Denoise HDRI Popcorn Goat Josie 9_002.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,818

Looks great, @barbult

For me it is a great companion to UltraScenery.

@V3Digitimes: It will be great with the update to the camera location - it will help me a lot. Thanks.

edited March 2023

@barbult A HUGE THANK YOU FOR THIS FEEDBACK! I love your image by the way, and make me feel like buying this goat !!

I was wondering, is it long to render this ultra-scenery (I mean to render the dome?).

@Artini : the camera location update is ready, I'm still working on the rest and I'll submit the update on monday, in the meantime, I take all user requests, questions, or remarks to try to make the creator more easy, clear and comfortable for everybody. I'll post a list of all updates and enhancements as soon as I submit the update.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
    edited March 2023

Thank you. I still have not succeded with the interiors HDRIs.

Despite changing Min Samples to 100 (maximum value) and activate Post Denoiser

the created HDRI was very noisy.

If you have some example settings to share, it would be great.

Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Thank you. I still have not succeded with the interiors HDRIs.

Despite changing Min Samples to 100 (maximum value) and activate Post Denoiser

the created HDRI was very noisy.

If you have some example settings to share, it would be great.

From memory,  one can bypass the Min samples limit by clicking inside that channel on the gear icon and uncheck limits.

@DoctorJellybean : indeed, you can set up a Min Samples a 500 ou 1000 by the gear icon and limits off, it works perfectly (tested!)

@Artini : my tip : the light inside the room will be a key factor for your success. If you have not enough or bad "room light" it will be noisy. Ghost lights "cubes" can be very useful for this purpose to help you reach that. I managed to have clean rooms this way. Another important element are the reflections. If you render some old environments (not Iray), or very reflective environments (with reflections or super specular-super glossy), this will tend to generate noise. So my recommendations for interior scenes is to activate denoiser (everything ON in Filtering, generally default settings for the values), and use a "good" light, finally increase min samples if necessary, and make some glossy surfaces less glossy (essentially for old content). I'm sorry I have to stop for tonight to have a rest but I'll be back tomorrow as soon as i wake up!

Thanks. What number would be reasonable to test?

Even with Min samples equal 100 rendering time was doubled.

It totally depends on your scene so it's very difficult to answer. My recommendation is still the same, act first on light (and eventually super glossy surfaces), then denoiser, then at the end only on samples. You have another solution which consist in using the png xEV script instead of the exr script, since this one is rather made for complicated situations (intially fog, haze, special effects, but will work on your case of figure too). You will be able to render several png images that you can recombine in an external software - photoshop method is described in annex of the documentation - as a hdr (then you must load manually this hdr as the environment map).

edited March 2023

Ok, thanks. Have to try xEV script at some point.

In the meantime having fun with the outdoors HDRIs.

WildGasStation01hdr02sc03pic16gh.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 924K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AdreanAdrean Posts: 135

If I may ask: does it work 3Delight? Or is the render option limited to only Iray?

edited March 2023

I made an HDRI from Japan World Gardens, Then I did two renders with Victoria 9 and the HDRI. Each final render with V9 took less than 2 minutes a 100% convergence Quality 4. In the render where she is behind the tree, I used a Matte cylinder to hide her behind the tree. I used a Matte bush object to hide her behind the bushes. Then I added another Matte bush to act as a shadow catcher to break up the fake-looking flat shadow that would be cast by Victoria onto the bushes to her right.

These are the Matte objects. They are not rendered as visible objects in the scene, but they can hide geometry and catch shadows.

World Gardens HDRI Victoria 9.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    World Gardens HDRI Victoria 9_003.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Matte objects for WGJ render.png
    1107 x 874 - 819K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Would i be able to use this with a render farm? It seems my gpu can't handle it :D 

edited March 2023

@barbult : amazing renders and great use of the matte props!! Thank you so much for sharing your renders here. I'm glad you had great render speed, I also had this"speed"  feeling during my development, but I was so focused on solving technical issues that I did not have a deeper look at it. Thanks again!

@christine13black : this is a difficult question for me, since I''m not sure of my answer. I think it "might" be possible to use with a render farm if your render farms renders can generally be launched as normal renders, even if I don't know how waiting times would impact the script (normally the script is waiting the end of the render before going on). Plus it would require the file to be saved at the designed file location, and I'm not sure this would be done correctly by the farm... Well honestly I don't know, and I never used render farms, so I'm "blind" on this subject. I'm sorry not to be able to answer more clearly.

Your GPU should be able to support most of the HDR rendered with this script AS SOON AS it can support them as "normal" renders (non hdr), since it will essentially require that the VRAM used by your scene to fit in your video card - or not (for a "normal" render it will be about the same amount as for a "hdr" render). Of course you can also try to reduce the weight of your scene by reducing texture maps and geometry subdivisions, and avoid rendering huge images (this will also have an impact).  One more thing, is that very often the progress bar of the render will be "stuck" at 0, giving the impression that your render will take years, but then it suddenly jumps to 100% and it took minutes. There is nothing I can do about it, except saying that you don't have to worry about what the progress bar says. In brief, the solutions to fit your hdr in your GPU are the same ones as to fit your "normal render" of the same scene in your GPU. If the "render" fits, and the "hdr" does not for renders of the same size (which never happened to me during development), there might be just small scene optimizations to make so that it fits..

In case you try a render farm one day, I'd be glad to know how it worked. Sorry again I cannot help more about render farms.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • christine13black said:

Would i be able to use this with a render farm? It seems my gpu can't handle it :D 

I can't see how myself, especially as render farms usually rely on users to start a render remotely once it has been uploaded. In this case the render is started by script.

@barbult: Amazing examples.

How did you create these Matte objects?

• V3Digitimes said:

@barbult : amazing renders and great use of the matte props!! Thank you so much for sharing your renders here. I'm glad you had great render speed, I also had this"speed"  feeling during my development, but I was so focused on solving technical issues that I did not have a deeper look at it. Thanks again!

@christine13black : this is a difficult question for me, since I''m not sure of my answer. I think it "might" be possible to use with a render farm if your render farms renders can generally be launched as normal renders, even if I don't know how waiting times would impact the script (normally the script is waiting the end of the render before going on). Plus it would require the file to be saved at the designed file location, and I'm not sure this would be done correctly by the farm... Well honestly I don't know, and I never used render farms, so I'm "blind" on this subject. I'm sorry not to be able to answer more clearly.

Your GPU should be able to support most of the HDR rendered with this script AS SOON AS it can support them as "normal" renders (non hdr), since it will essentially require that the VRAM used by your scene to fit in your video card - or not (for a "normal" render it will be about the same amount as for a "hdr" render). Of course you can also try to reduce the weight of your scene by reducing texture maps and geometry subdivisions, and avoid rendering huge images (this will also have an impact).  One more thing, is that very often the progress bar of the render will be "stuck" at 0, giving the impression that your render will take years, but then it suddenly jumps to 100% and it took minutes. There is nothing I can do about it, except saying that you don't have to worry about what the progress bar says. In brief, the solutions to fit your hdr in your GPU are the same ones as to fit your "normal render" of the same scene in your GPU. If the "render" fits, and the "hdr" does not for renders of the same size (which never happened to me during development), there might be just small scene optimizations to make so that it fits..

In case you try a render farm one day, I'd be glad to know how it worked. Sorry again I cannot help more about render farms.

Hey, thank you for taking the time, regardless, i do use a render farm, mostly cos the scenes i'm making are really heavy, i think i would to ask the server owner if that would even be possible. For now i will test it some more with less intense scenes, as if find it to be a very useful tool to have anyway. 

• Artini said:

Load or create the objects, select them, then in the Content Library, in the content diectory to which you installed the base content, use Scripts>Utilities>Create Advanced Iray Node Properties. This will add a button labelled Enable Iray Matte in the Parameters pane, turn it on and then adjust the materials as needed (newly created promitives tend to be far too shiny).

Richard Haseltine said:

Artini said:

Load or create the objects, select them, then in the Content Library, in the content diectory to which you installed the base content, use Scripts>Utilities>Create Advanced Iray Node Properties. This will add a button labelled Enable Iray Matte in the Parameters pane, turn it on and then adjust the materials as needed (newly created promitives tend to be far too shiny).

Thank you very much for the explanation. Looks like, I will be busy in my spare time.

Great, I see that all the questions were already answer by Doctor Jellybean and Richard! Wonderful! Thanks a lot for that. Well Doctor, great info for that because since I never use render farms, I did not know at all. So no render farms! And Richard, I would have said exactly the same as you said, but with a less good English, so that's perfect. Artini, feel free to play with those Matte Props, that's a bit of magic, which can help your renders a lot (especially interior hdrs were figure/hdr interaction can be pretty strong)!

One question has been overlooked, I think. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8079436/#Comment_8079436 Can it be used with 3Delight?

Artini said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Artini said:

Thank you very much for the explanation. Looks like, I will be busy in my spare time.

@Artini Also, Mec4D and WP Guru have both created YouTube videos about Iray Matte. I learned how to do it from Mec4D tutorials. There is also a product in the Daz store that employs the Iray matte technique, but you can do it yourself without buying anything. (I don't own that product and don't remember the name.) The Iray Matte capability is built into Daz Studio and Iray.

edited March 2023

Ok, thanks a lot, @barbult and @V3Digitimes

Post edited by Artini on

No problem Artini :)

You're right Barbult, I did not see this question. No it cannot be rendered with 3Delight. When the exr is rendered, the renderer will automatically be set to Iray. Yet, if you render a hdr environment map with Iray, you can re-use it in 3Delight as the environment map, using the OmUberEnviromnents (I don't remember the exact spelling, but it sounds like something like this).

• Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94
    edited March 2023

@v3digitimes

Hi, it was due to the Matte Fog. I left the sun as it was and turned off Matte Fog. Then it worked. Thanks for your help.

23-03-2023_20-17-30.jpg
    2215 x 1118 - 346K
    003944.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
    Post edited by Norman_R on

Norman_R said:

@v3digitimes

Hi, it was due to the Matte Fog. I left the sun as it was and turned off Matte Fog. Then it worked. Thanks for your help.

Hi, no problem. In the documentation (I think second paragraph of page 5, TBC) I explain who you should be able to keep your fog and have a hdr at the end (and how it must be used in DS). Methods for this case are Less "straightforward" but work.
  • Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 94
    edited March 2023

Yes, I know. With an exposure series. I had tried it before but then had no time for it. But looked good what has arisen until then. I know what you mean, I am a photographer and have already built many HDR.

Post edited by Norman_R on