My 2023 Daz Studio Animation Demos

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,252

Dartanbeck said:

I know. I never deleted them.

The forum can get confused - if making multiple posts to a single thead i always advise refreshing the page after each post, otherwise there may be a relic version of the attachment on the entry box for the enxt post adn doing anything to that will remove the attachment from the proper post too.

How about now?

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Good to fnally getting to see the images, well worth the wait!

-- Walt Sterdan

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,247

Richard Haseltine said:

Dartanbeck said:

I know. I never deleted them.

The forum can get confused - if making multiple posts to a single thead i always advise refreshing the page after each post, otherwise there may be a relic version of the attachment on the entry box for the enxt post adn doing anything to that will remove the attachment from the proper post too.

How about now?

Understood, and understandable yes

Thanks All!

Yes, they are Very Happy Together!

Whew! That was a LOT of Work!!!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,431

Dartanbeck said:

The entire video was great!   That spaceship landing shot really looked impressive for the physics. Be great to see the final composite of it. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Fantastic job.  Can't wait to see more.

Thanks!

This Snippet on my Site explains a bit about the course, which I'll elaborate on in time

FirstBastion said:

Dartanbeck said:

The entire video was great!   That spaceship landing shot really looked impressive for the physics. Be great to see the final composite of it. 

This is the original kit bash I did in Carrara years ago

edited June 2023

In Carrara, however, these weren't composites. It's all just a straight render of very large scenes. That's very much the Carrara way. It's like shooting on location. Daz Studio is the Studio. The flames are an animated fire primitive that's been part of Carrara since, well... probably since Carrara started. All of the above use the Carrara EnvironKits I sold here. The upper most, however, doesn't use any of the included terrain in favor of a massive city I built using all of Inception 8's Project Xion series. The smoke in that uppermost image is Carrara's volumetric clouds as are the nebulous gasses surrounding the station two images down. The rest of them use Carrara's Realistic Sky Fog for their atmospheres. I love these things about Carrara!

But this is a Daz Studio thread, so I'd like to add that I am having a marvelous time in Studio! Daz 3d, you have an amazing thing here! I'm just tipping the iceburg and this thing is still just blowing my mind!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Interior shots - again, in Carrara

Using the same techniques I used to make the Spherical Projection Presets (for making dome maps) in any of the Carrara EnvironKits, I used this city which I duplicated into massive city chunks and made a ring around a massive area with nothing but a really cool welded and riveted metal floor that reached all the way to the surrounding city pieces. Using the EnvironKits atmosphere and clouds, etc., I made the spherical dome map and then put that in the Backgound tab, then got rid of the surrounding city and just have the main full city back on in the center, making my own personal Project Xion EnvironKit, which is really fun. 

I should add: The hallway interior shots above use Carrara's volumetric lighting, while the Lift shot is using the fog from the Realistic Sky, which works Great for interior shots like this too. Carrara truly is a gem.

edited June 2023

This is Daz Studio Iray

For the Cyberpunk video, I shot this one two ways that I can blend together in Fusion in various ways. One uses DOF and the other is crisp. In Fusion we can do a lot between them to get different effects in the final shot, but I'm still a noob at it - which is why I've been making these. To get the practice and watch it back a million times to get more ideas. I have a  l o n g  way to go, so I'm trying to run! LOL

This was an awesome scene kit for the initial reveal. I have a lot more I can do with it. I really like this Cyberpunk Back Alley bundle. It really is impressive how light on its feet it is for how much fine detail it has. I love it!

The sky is Alpha, because I shoot my skies separately. They're much larger so I can animate them. Using masks in Fusion, we add the moving atmosphere.

edited June 2023

Some of Predatron's wonderful LR folks - down on their luck

edited June 2023

This awesome fellow is using the Walker morph from TheAntFarm cranked all the way up. He's really cool. We'll see him in future episodes.

RT7CPT_WlkHF201NFawBGdof.png
    2560 x 1440 - 7M
    RT7CPT_WlkHF201NFawBGa.png
    2560 x 1440 - 8M
    LR4_StreetWalk01a135.png
    1000 x 1000 - 592K
    LR4_StreetTalk01a039.png
    1000 x 1000 - 461K
    OldPunk_Kneeling01a001.png
    1000 x 1000 - 344K
  • junkjunk Posts: 1,246

My word that's some incredible stuff you have created!  Animations, lighting, everything... Just kudos!

Thanks! Very much appreciated!

edited December 2023

This one is actually a tutorial, answering a question from my Dynamic Character Animation in Daz Studio course

- How to create animated (and not) Simulated Hair Collision Helpers

edited December 2023

I Love Working with Digital Art Live!

Paul Bussey is a really good guy! Fun, Passionate about all things Art, Very Helpful, Patient... 

Paul ROCKS! 

Introducing Rosie 8 - Daz Studio Animation Demo Reel 2023A

Rosie 7 in Cyberpunk Land 2023 remastered for the course bonus feature

Fun!

For the course, I made a half-hour Behind-The-Scenes documentary on the making of the Car Chase - Piranha vs Nemesis

Creating the scene was an amazing journey for me within Daz Studio. Telling the story was a Lot of Fun!!!