My 2023 Daz Studio Animation Demos

13»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248

A fun little thing I did as homework for my own webinar. During that next session, I broke it down and demonstrated how I made it

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Wow, you are really cranking out the animations. Great work.

nonesuch00 said:

Wow, you are really cranking out the animations. Great work.

Thank you so much!

Speaking of Cranking out... 

edited December 2023

Advent Monsters!!!

During the Advent Calendar Punch Card Sale - 2023 Holiday Sale

I picked up all of these wonderful monsters for Genesis 8 Male either free or for $2.99 from my Advent Calendar picks. The setting that their in was also an Advent Calendar pick along with a whole lot of other great stuff. Every choice I had was directly from my wish list - Very Very Cool!!!

Thanks Daz 3D!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • I was catching up on your work in your animation threads. Sorry to hear you lost so much of your older work earlier. That totally sucks! But I'm glad you didn't let it get you down and are working on so many newthings.

It's amazing how quickly you're putting animations together now. Rosie's movements are really cool! And that's a lot of monsters you've collected!! Um, I hope poor Rosie doesn't need to fight them all. Hahaha.laugh

I tried some of your videos showcasing Animate 2 and it's still gobbledygook, but maybe one day I'll try my hand at some animation. Or maybe I should just try some very quick and simple ones just to get my feet wet.
    Thanks for sharing all your work and your journey. It's inspiring, and very interesting to know how much animation is possible with just DAZ Studio! heartyes

SapphireBlue said:

That's a lot of monsters you've collected!! Um, I hope poor Rosie doesn't need to fight them all!

Poor Monsters!!! wink

edited December 2023

SapphireBlue said:

I was catching up on your work in your animation threads. Sorry to hear you lost so much of your older work earlier. That totally sucks! But I'm glad you didn't let it get you down and are working on so many newthings.

It's amazing how quickly you're putting animations together now. Rosie's movements are really cool! And that's a lot of monsters you've collected!! Um, I hope poor Rosie doesn't need to fight them all. Hahaha.laugh

I tried some of your videos showcasing Animate 2 and it's still gobbledygook, but maybe one day I'll try my hand at some animation. Or maybe I should just try some very quick and simple ones just to get my feet wet.
    Thanks for sharing all your work and your journey. It's inspiring, and very interesting to know how much animation is possible with just DAZ Studio! heartyes

Thank you!

You know, being in software other than Daz Studio for all those years, it's funny how we're told that you cannot animate in Daz Studio so much that we just "know" that as fact! It's Horrible!!!

Linday came out with that hair (you know the story) and I just had to try Daz Studio. What a great thing it is! Wow... Iray! Love it!!!

So, of course, getting into Daz Studio I have many questions getting going - so I head to the Daz Studio forum.

It was fairly early on when I saw someone asking "If they could animate in Daz Studio"

I looked inside and that poor person - not asking if Daz Studio was the professional route to take to become a professional animator - was attacked with every form of "No" there was! And nothing positive!!! Nothing that said - "Yes, you can"

So in earnest, I decided to finish the solution I was working on and put together a demo reel. That was this:

For me, the easiest way to start out animating is to just grab a collection of aniBlocks or animated poses that are doing something similar to what you want your character to be doing.

Just load one of them, set things up how you want them to look, and render it. 

It's a Great way to start and the animation collections we have available to us at Daz 3D are really nice. 

I have an excellent source of information brewing on the subject that will continue to grow:

The Power of aniMate 2 (main page/article)

Dartanbeck's workflow tips:

A new course I'm working on describes how I can actually do all of this in Daz Studio.

Both of my other courses (second one not yet released to the store) demonstrate the idea - rendering the animated character separately from everything else - rendering all scene elements as separate assets - as if we were building an image in photoshop. 

This next course will actually be devoted to the process - demonstrating how's and why's and what to do with them in DaVinci Resolve - both an extraordinarily easy way to do simple things as well as getting down and dirty in Fusion. 

edited December 2023

Why courses? Because it's the best way to describe how to do all of this.

I was trying to write it all out on my website. It's amazing how hard it is to get the point across with words and diagrams!

(and we all know how much I like to make articles on my website!!!)

Paul Bussey from Digital Art Live offered me a way of actually showing the world how I work - and I've been loving the experience! Paul is Awesome and just wants to explore art and show the world how to make it! Love that guy!!!

• MegaPMegaP Posts: 178

LOVE what you've done and thank you for sharing:-)

Thank You So Much! 

It's so incredibly fun... I just can't Stop!!! :)

edited January 17

Dartanbeck's Amazing 2023 Year!!!

I had quite a year in 2023 - enough to deserve a commemorative page in celebration!

Join me on a tour through My 2023!

After a year like that, I'm hoping for an AMAZING 2024!!!

DAL 2023 Community Workshop ATH.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 934K
  • David RDavid R Posts: 220

Dartanbeck said:

SapphireBlue said:

I was catching up on your work in your animation threads. Sorry to hear you lost so much of your older work earlier. That totally sucks! But I'm glad you didn't let it get you down and are working on so many newthings.

Thank you!

You know, being in software other than Daz Studio for all those years, it's funny how we're told that you cannot animate in Daz Studio so much that we just "know" that as fact! It's Horrible!!!

Linday came out with that hair (you know the story) and I just had to try Daz Studio. What a great thing it is! Wow... Iray! Love it!!!

So, of course, getting into Daz Studio I have many questions getting going - so I head to the Daz Studio forum.

It was fairly early on when I saw someone asking "If they could animate in Daz Studio"

I looked inside and that poor person - not asking if Daz Studio was the professional route to take to become a professional animator - was attacked with every form of "No" there was! And nothing positive!!! Nothing that said - "Yes, you can"

So in earnest, I decided to finish the solution I was working on and put together a demo reel. That was this:

For me, the easiest way to start out animating is to just grab a collection of aniBlocks or animated poses that are doing something similar to what you want your character to be doing.

Just load one of them, set things up how you want them to look, and render it. 

It's a Great way to start and the animation collections we have available to us at Daz 3D are really nice. 

I have an excellent source of information brewing on the subject that will continue to grow:

The Power of aniMate 2 (main page/article)

Dartanbeck's workflow tips:

This is great.  Will definitely go through it.  

Cool! I hope you enjoy the ride!

I really enjoy working on that crazy site. I use it a lot as a fun place to visit and explore, which is why it's so All Over the Place when using the navigation menu - I have a lot of learning links and videos that I have there for my own benefit as much as I do for everyone else.