[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• JeremionJeremion Posts: 46

RiverSoftArt said:

Jeremion said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Jeremion said:

I only tried to convert Michael 8.1, and so far I don't get it fine as G9. Issues on the eyes (not well placed, nor good size and when trying to move them with powerpose, they just go out of the head xD) and the morph around the eyes is not OK. So, I don't know really what to do to get better result. I will try again.

Michael should not be a problem at all.  You do not need the eye dialog.  It sounds like a morph was created on the eyes that are moving them.  Check in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Genesis 9 Eyes\Morphs to see if there is an eye morph that could be engaging that messes things up (a quick way is just to rename this directory so none of the eye morphs engage.  Look for this folder under the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager (which is usually My Library

Hello,

Yeah I found that weird too... look. I renamed the "morphs" directory. And retested. Enclosed the screen and below the logs.
    One strange thing : If I load Michael 8.1, everything is fine.

What do you mean if you LOAD M8.1?  Do you mean just LOAD M8.1 into the same scene or CONVERT M8.1?

I see in the log that the converter script copy "BaboonG8M-IrisSize" for any reason? (it is one of the character I tried to convert as well, but I don't have it anymore, I deleted it). Is there a place the script keep its previous work? For sure, BaboonG8M is not used on the original Michael 8.1 lol. 

10:03:35 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Executing Script

10:03:35 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Selecting Preset: D:/Daz3D/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/Michael 8.1.duf

10:03:35 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Converting character from D:/Daz3D/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/Michael 8.1.duf to D:/Daz3D/People/Genesis 9/Characters/Converted/Michael 8.1.duf

10:03:35 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Enabling morphs for asset, D:/Daz3D/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/Michael 8.1.duf

10:03:36 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Turbo Loader: 8 morphs were searched for

0 Enabled (0 failed to enable)

0 Disabled (0 failed to disable)

8 unchanged

0 skipped

in 221 msecs

Note: Multiple files may exist for a morph if you use Daz Connect

10:04:25 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Michael 8.1 is of type Actor/Character

10:04:43 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Converting Morphs: BaboonG8M-IrisSize,FHMMichael8_1,FBMMichael8_1,CTRLMichael8_1,PHMMichael8_1HDIris

10:15:41 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Copy Icons from D:/Daz3D/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/Michael 8.1.duf to D:/Daz3D/People/Genesis 9/Characters/Converted/Michael 8.1 Genesis 9.duf

10:15:41 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Copy Categories from D:/Daz3D/People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/Michael 8.1.duf to D:/Daz3D/People/Genesis 9/Characters/Converted/Michael 8.1 Genesis 9.duf

10:15:41 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été)): Execution Complete.

The script works by loading the character and seeing what morphs are being used.  If you load M8.1 into a new scene, look for BaboonG8M-IrisSize, I am sure you will find it (it may be a hidden property though).

Hello,

Yeah, I meant I tried to load Michael 8.1 : no baboon. See the screenshots. I guess Baboon is the issue with the conversion but I dont know why in fact, it's just something which comes from I don't know where. Is that possible the script used some files in a temporary directory somwhere ?

0) I uninstall Baboon package (for info) through DIM
    1) I loaded Michael 8.1, show hidden properties (see enclosed), no baboon.
    2) I started a new empty scene and launch a Michael 8.1 conversion : Baboon appears in the log window for any reason (see screen)
    3) Once converted, the conversion is wrong, and Baboon appears with iris size in parameters

michael8-1.png
    2357 x 1076 - 1M
    michael_conversion.png
    342 x 248 - 11K
    michael9_converted.png
    2353 x 685 - 879K
  • JeremionJeremion Posts: 46

Jeremion said:

Hello,

Yeah, I meant I tried to load Michael 8.1 : no baboon. See the screenshots. I guess Baboon is the issue with the conversion but I dont know why in fact, it's just something which comes from I don't know where. Is that possible the script used some files in a temporary directory somwhere ?

2) I started a new empty scene and launch a Michael 8.1 conversion : Baboon appears in the log window for any reason (see screen)
    3) Once converted, the conversion is wrong, and Baboon appears with iris size in parameters

Good news : I managed to remove the Baboon size parameter (I basically removed the file on my hard drive). No issue to load michael 8.1
    Bad news : I relaunched a conversion : same thing.

However, on the converted character, I "played" with the sliders. And the one who seems to provide issues is "Michael 8_1 HD Iris HD Details". With this parameter at 0, I get the enclosed char. I assume then the issue wasn't baboon (which popup for any reason), but that sliders. Is that something you already know?

michael9-8.1.png
    2650 x 599 - 797K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

necroscension said:

Material Suits updates are out! It appears that the suits with anatomical elements are working with shape dials/presets! Thanks sickleyield!

At least DAZ Studio doesn't crash anymore whe loading the Material Suit, that's a big step forward!

Now only someone who can explain how to get the shaping morphs of the MASC Gens to show up - any suggestions? The basic shape morphs in the genitals are there, but not the various expansions from other merchants.

They can't directly. Even aside the shortcoming of being unable to get HD morphs into conformers, there wasn't a way to get any morphs from one genital set to another without just using transfer utility again, because the gens suit has to conform to the bodysuit (not the other set of gens). If you want to try a workaround, you can mark morphs as favorite on thr gens you want to copy from and use the "morphs" function of Transfer Utility. I understand if that's a deal breaker, but it was a problem I couldn't solve. The original morphs are there because I recreated them all one by one.
  • RiverSoftArt said:

TheRenderer said:

Lovely product. I'm glad I came here to the forums else I would have NEVER figured out how to solve all the morph distortion that was happening when converting characters. The material suits are excellent as well! I am wondering however... has anyone else run into an issue where they are unable to apply any G8 materials or shaders to the G8 Eyelash Suit?  I've been tinkering with it for about half an hour now on a few converted characters and haven't really been able to make much progress.

It's truthfully not THAT big of a deal as I can just hide the Eyelash suit and apply a G9 eyebrow product to the character but I was wondering if anyone had found a viable solution for this.

Select the RSSY Genesis 8 Eyelash Suit.  Go to the Surfaces pane.  Select the RSSY Genesis 8 Eyelash Suit surface.  Double-click on the preset that is for G8 Eyelashes.

p.s. I am glad you came to the forum and didn't give up.  I am happy you got it working for you.

That was what I tried originally, 'Surfaces' pane and all.The eyelash suit isn't registering any sort of change even when I select the G8 Eyelash preset. The other suits are having no problem but for whatever reason.... that one aint working. I can manually apply some materials using the cutout opacity selection and all that jazz so this is really just a minor inconvenience but I figured you should be aware of it...

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 447

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

Naturally, I had to experiment on the update.

It is not AS broken as pre-update, but not quite the transfer utility level.

I also exposed a few TU settings in the data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConversionConstants.dsa file.  You could try setting some of those.

Okay, I've spent a few hours testing the converter with the file edited. I tried using the EXACT same settings between the converter and TU.

Thoughts;

1. Regardless of settings, the Converter changes the body of g9 while TU leaves it alone.

2. Could the 'reverse source shape from target' setting affect the above?

I will try to use my self-made clone for the converter, just to see if it would affect things.

The ADJUST_TARGET_BASE constant is the one that sets the 'reverse source shape from target' 

Okay, back to the drawing board then.

• jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863

SickleYield said:

jepegraphics said:

necroscension said:

Material Suits updates are out! It appears that the suits with anatomical elements are working with shape dials/presets! Thanks sickleyield!

At least DAZ Studio doesn't crash anymore whe loading the Material Suit, that's a big step forward!

Now only someone who can explain how to get the shaping morphs of the MASC Gens to show up - any suggestions? The basic shape morphs in the genitals are there, but not the various expansions from other merchants.

They can't directly. Even aside the shortcoming of being unable to get HD morphs into conformers, there wasn't a way to get any morphs from one genital set to another without just using transfer utility again, because the gens suit has to conform to the bodysuit (not the other set of gens). If you want to try a workaround, you can mark morphs as favorite on thr gens you want to copy from and use the "morphs" function of Transfer Utility. I understand if that's a deal breaker, but it was a problem I couldn't solve. The original morphs are there because I recreated them all one by one.

I'm sorry to hear that and I have to say that this is indeed a deal breaker for me. I'm sorry that I didn't understand what really was going on with this product, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. As it is now I have no use of it. Morph transfer would be an option, but I already have all those morphs on G8 Male Gens, so I will further use G8 with it's maps and G9 with it's maps, it is not a real problem.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,380

Keiron said:

Keiron said:

Here is the Aurore G8 conversion

To correct the corrupt conversion a number of dials are in play

HD body Body causes Distortion

HD head Body causes Distortion

Kayleyss Square Nails causes figure to look like it's unfed for weeks, not sure why this dial is at 100% ?

Morph Dials are set to the values the G8 version had on conversion.  

Hi I think the G8 is OK, I just looked at all the dials for the nails etc for a standard g8 they are set to 0

However when you choose the actor the converted character has morph dials at 100%

Just loaded the original Albany it has Mousso nails at 100%, so the actor is setting the dials differentely, no hd settings in this one

FHM Aurore Assymetry changes face completely not just the assymetry

Assymetry morphs on the head will not ever work I think.  

In the renders below no particular order the original has the RSSY eyelashes in the wrong place, render with RSSY eyelashes removed and render with eyes replaces with g9 ones

You can't change the eye colour with these RSSY 8 eye's, but you can if you replace them with the g9 eyes or reloading the RSSY eys 8 or 8.1 eyes

To change the eye color, select the RSSY Genesis 8 Eye Suit and load the G8 eyes preset to change

Hi I had filter by contex on, so it was selecting g9 eyes. In the surface tab, I entered just her name in the search field all is good, otherwise you get everything

Unable to use the make up options

To use makeup, select the RSSY Genesis 8 Female Suit and load the G8 makeup preset to change.

Hi Thank you, I had filter by contex on, so it was selecting g9. In the surface tab, I entered just her name in the search field all is good

Breast up and down controls set to 80% reset to 100 to correct

Not sure what you mean here, but morphs that only affect a small portion of the body will also affect the body as a whole

When I loaded both the converted actor and the original, the breasts looked different, so I checked the settings and found that everything looked OK

From the parameters tab, I looked at the parameters breast up and down and found it was set to min -80% I reset this to -100% then they looked the same

Keep up the good work

Not sure why the parameters breast would be different.

Thanks for the extra information.  

edited June 2023

Jeremion said:

Jeremion said:

Hello,

Good news : I managed to remove the Baboon size parameter (I basically removed the file on my hard drive). No issue to load michael 8.1
    Bad news : I relaunched a conversion : same thing.

However, on the converted character, I "played" with the sliders. And the one who seems to provide issues is "Michael 8_1 HD Iris HD Details". With this parameter at 0, I get the enclosed char. I assume then the issue wasn't baboon (which popup for any reason), but that sliders. Is that something you already know?

I am glad you got rid of your baboon! laugh

If possible, don't convert the HD version of anything.  HD morphs are reduced to SD anyway, and it just adds morphs that cause trouble.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

TheRenderer said:

RiverSoftArt said:

TheRenderer said:

Lovely product. I'm glad I came here to the forums else I would have NEVER figured out how to solve all the morph distortion that was happening when converting characters. The material suits are excellent as well! I am wondering however... has anyone else run into an issue where they are unable to apply any G8 materials or shaders to the G8 Eyelash Suit?  I've been tinkering with it for about half an hour now on a few converted characters and haven't really been able to make much progress.

It's truthfully not THAT big of a deal as I can just hide the Eyelash suit and apply a G9 eyebrow product to the character but I was wondering if anyone had found a viable solution for this.

Select the RSSY Genesis 8 Eyelash Suit.  Go to the Surfaces pane.  Select the RSSY Genesis 8 Eyelash Suit surface.  Double-click on the preset that is for G8 Eyelashes.

p.s. I am glad you came to the forum and didn't give up.  I am happy you got it working for you.

That was what I tried originally, 'Surfaces' pane and all.The eyelash suit isn't registering any sort of change even when I select the G8 Eyelash preset. The other suits are having no problem but for whatever reason.... that one aint working. I can manually apply some materials using the cutout opacity selection and all that jazz so this is really just a minor inconvenience but I figured you should be aware of it...

I wonder if it is the preset is somehow wrong?  Because I confirmed the eyelash suit would accept materials before posting last time.  Perhaps posting the log will let me know something.

jepegraphics said:

SickleYield said:

jepegraphics said:

necroscension said:

I'm sorry to hear that and I have to say that this is indeed a deal breaker for me. I'm sorry that I didn't understand what really was going on with this product, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. As it is now I have no use of it. Morph transfer would be an option, but I already have all those morphs on G8 Male Gens, so I will further use G8 with it's maps and G9 with it's maps, it is not a real problem.

That's too bad but understandable.  I am sorry the product did not work for you as you hoped.  Please return it.

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 447

So I've tried method upon method and I still can't get the same quality from the converter as I get from TU. Even when using the very same settings.

This truly is a puzzle.

• RiverSoftArt said:

necroscension said:

With the converter, I've notice most of the models I have do not use FBM/FHM in their morph naming but use Head or Body instead. I have attempted to resave the name of the morphs to start with FHM/FBM, but still have issues because sometimes I wind up having doubled morphs. Was it ever considered to see if the morph name includes Head or Body as an OR statement?

You must not buy most of your characters from Daz. smiley  This is a naming convention that has been in place for years.

Ok, I will make an update to check if the morph name starts with FHM/Head or FBM/Body.

It may be standard, but it is not widely used. I'm trying to spot check, but there are Daz store characters that do not use FBM/FHM and instead use "<Character Name><Body or Head>", i.e. "Tathar Head" and "CCPuckBody". Darwin's Mishap, ChangelingChick, PedroFurtadoArts, Dax Avalange, Marcius (no longer with Daz but still sold here), Mousso, Oskarsson are some who don't or haven't followed the standard, and that's just on the male side.

• rorronlinerorronline Posts: 12
    edited June 2023

ok so been waiting for these since gen 9 release. And finally. However there is some issues.

The Batch Converters work but only marginally. There is a large amount of characters both male and female that after convertion look like they got ran over by a mac truck a few times. I understand that maybe some of the stylized characters could have this issue but most of them that end up this way are 'normal' characters. Real people type of characters. A bit disappointing.

THe Custom character convcerters worker once each. Meaning One male converted fine, and one female converted fine. Since then i get Daz throwing a scripr error. pertentent log file parts are below. Any ideas?
    I have tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing helps.

2023-06-04 11:30:37.077 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/Daz Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Convert Custom Character G8M to G9.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:37.955 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.033 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAdvCharacterConversionConstants.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.051 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConversionConstants.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.067 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.080 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.110 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2019HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.144 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2020HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.156 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2021HelperFunctionsConstants.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.186 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2021HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.227 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2022HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.235 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2023HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.309 [DEBUG] :: FOUND:
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.310 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConversionFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.346 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 4231
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.346 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'this.sWhatsThis' [undefined] is not an object.
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.346 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConversionFunctions.dse:4231
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.348 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: D:/Daz Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Convert Custom Character G8M to G9.dse
    Post edited by rorronline on
  • necroscension said:

RiverSoftArt said:

necroscension said:

With the converter, I've notice most of the models I have do not use FBM/FHM in their morph naming but use Head or Body instead. I have attempted to resave the name of the morphs to start with FHM/FBM, but still have issues because sometimes I wind up having doubled morphs. Was it ever considered to see if the morph name includes Head or Body as an OR statement?

You must not buy most of your characters from Daz. smiley  This is a naming convention that has been in place for years.

Ok, I will make an update to check if the morph name starts with FHM/Head or FBM/Body.

It may be standard, but it is not widely used. I'm trying to spot check, but there are Daz store characters that do not use FBM/FHM and instead use "<Character Name><Body or Head>", i.e. "Tathar Head" and "CCPuckBody". Darwin's Mishap, ChangelingChick, PedroFurtadoArts, Dax Avalange, Marcius (no longer with Daz but still sold here), Mousso, Oskarsson are some who don't or haven't followed the standard, and that's just on the male side.

Are you looking at names or labels? It's the name that matters, and has the standard, but the label is what shows on the slider..

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,191

DISCLAIMER, I have no financial stake in this product, I am just a Daz user. I don't even get paid for my YouTube videos (yet).

Before you return this product, please watch this live video of me using the Gen 8-to-9-character converter.

My video is over 8 hours long...

Please be considerate that this is live and not scripted.

I cover just about every conceivable aspect of this converter.

Just when the product seems to have problems (about 5 hours in), suddenly, it begins to shine and shows its real strengths.

This product is truly a "game changer" and I am not just saying that.

RSSY Gen 8 to Gen 9 Character Converter NEW UPDATE!

I am VERY pleased with this converter. 

In working with this converter, I have uncovered various issues with Genesis 9 and the eyes not fitting right.

It has occurred to me that the eyes must be fit into the Gen 9 figures after any morph.

If you see me struggling with something in the video. Please leave a running commentary in the comment section.

Multiple comments are welcome, I read them all and try and answer them as well. (Please be nice.)

RiverSoftArt and Sickle Yield, please, if you see me struggling with a particular part of the program feel free to leave answers/comments in the comment section.

Best heart

Please like, subscribe and click the bell for "all" notifications. smiley

• necroscensionnecroscension Posts: 106
    edited June 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

necroscension said:

RiverSoftArt said:

necroscension said:

Are you looking at names or labels? It's the name that matters, and has the standard, but the label is what shows on the slider..

Names. I did catch earlier where it was stated it was standard for the names to start with FBM/FHM. I also understand that the name is intended for internal use and the label is for external use (programmer here!). QC apparently doesn't look for that.

FWIW, I'm having morphs to now copy along with all of my G8M/G8.1M conversions that aren't part of the figure being converted. The head/body morphs for PFA's Roy HD, are now converting with every conversion (maybe due to trying to rename the morphs to have FHM/FBM?). I have searched/deleted/reinstalled this character, and for whatever reason it's still converting as though it's part of other characters. The G8M/G8.1M characters themselves, however, load correctly. Anyway, because of this I now have reservations about renaming the morphs to start with FBM/FHM as stated earlier in the thread. I can at least undo the problem sliders and resave, it's just troublesome that it happened.

(Found those problem Roy morphs! Now to figure out why a cornea morph is getting pulled into the conversion! That is a morph I know I never touched, is an older morph, and didn't appear in my base character conversions at the beginning of this)

Also, FWIW, I have converted nearly all of the G8M base characters with no issue (before the above renaming problem).

Post edited by necroscension on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,446
    edited June 2023

@RiversoftArt Sorry for the delay in reply, but I had to make sure that everything was okay, before I replied.

Anyway, I've successfully converted two characters to G9.

The first charcter was a G8F. I made the changes to the file as you said. I still couldn't get it to convert. I had to export the character will ALL morphs loaded as an obj, then re-load the character through Morph Loader, save the morph, load morph, save as a character file, then convert from there. EXCEPT, when I tried to convert the character, Daz lost its mind and crashed. The reason was because of the change that I had made in the .dsa file. So I edited the script back to how it was before the first edit.

That character converted with no issues.

Although I also had to go through the same issue with my G8M character. It's turned out pretty great, except the edges of the eyelids are distorted.

The Material suit is a great product too. I did have a strange incident where it looked like the Geoshell was "lit up" when I added skin textures to it (although there were no emmisives in the texture). But the issue seems to have corrected itself.

I'm looking forward to the release of your hair converter.

yes

Post edited by N-RArts on

Eboshijaana said:

So I've tried method upon method and I still can't get the same quality from the converter as I get from TU. Even when using the very same settings.

This truly is a puzzle.

It must be somewhere else in the conversion process that changes things.  Certainly, there was a lot I had to do in the conversion that I would have preferred to do different but otherwise the end result would have had problems in other ways.

edited June 2023

rorronline said:

ok so been waiting for these since gen 9 release. And finally. However there is some issues.

The Batch Converters work but only marginally. There is a large amount of characters both male and female that after convertion look like they got ran over by a mac truck a few times. I understand that maybe some of the stylized characters could have this issue but most of them that end up this way are 'normal' characters. Real people type of characters. A bit disappointing.

From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0).

THe Custom character convcerters worker once each. Meaning One male converted fine, and one female converted fine. Since then i get Daz throwing a scripr error. pertentent log file parts are below. Any ideas?

2023-06-04 11:30:37.077 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/Daz Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Convert Custom Character G8M to G9.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:37.955 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.033 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAdvCharacterConversionConstants.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.051 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConversionConstants.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.067 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.080 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.110 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2019HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.144 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2020HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.156 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2021HelperFunctionsConstants.dsa
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.186 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2021HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.227 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2022HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.235 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RS2023HelperFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.310 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConversionFunctions.dse
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.346 [WARNING] :: TypeError: Result of expression 'this.sWhatsThis' [undefined] is not an object.
        <anonymous>()@D:/Daz Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConversionFunctions.dse:4231
    2023-06-04 11:30:38.348 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: D:/Daz Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Convert Custom Character G8M to G9.dse

Shoot!  That is a bug I introduced in the update.  I will fix it asap.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

necroscension said:

Richard Haseltine said:

necroscension said:

RiverSoftArt said:

necroscension said:

Names. I did catch earlier where it was stated it was standard for the names to start with FBM/FHM. I also understand that the name is intended for internal use and the label is for external use (programmer here!). QC apparently doesn't look for that.

QA can miss something like that, though it is probably dependent on the tester.  Daz has pushed for the naming convention for a long time.  It is a shame that PAs ignore it.

FWIW, I'm having morphs to now copy along with all of my G8M/G8.1M conversions that aren't part of the figure being converted. The head/body morphs for PFA's Roy HD, are now converting with every conversion (maybe due to trying to rename the morphs to have FHM/FBM?). I have searched/deleted/reinstalled this character, and for whatever reason it's still converting as though it's part of other characters. The G8M/G8.1M characters themselves, however, load correctly. Anyway, because of this I now have reservations about renaming the morphs to start with FBM/FHM as stated earlier in the thread. I can at least undo the problem sliders and resave, it's just troublesome that it happened.

(Found those problem Roy morphs! Now to figure out why a cornea morph is getting pulled into the conversion! That is a morph I know I never touched, is an older morph, and didn't appear in my base character conversions at the beginning of this)

Also, FWIW, I have converted nearly all of the G8M base characters with no issue (before the above renaming problem).

That is strange that the cornea is being pulled in now.  I am not sure what could be happening as the script does not touch the original G8 characters.

That is great you have converted most of them.

RexRed said:

DISCLAIMER, I have no financial stake in this product, I am just a Daz user. I don't even get paid for my YouTube videos (yet).

Before you return this product, please watch this live video of me using the Gen 8-to-9-character converter.

My video is over 8 hours long...

Please be considerate that this is live and not scripted.

I cover just about every conceivable aspect of this converter.

Just when the product seems to have problems (about 5 hours in), suddenly, it begins to shine and shows its real strengths.

This product is truly a "game changer" and I am not just saying that.

RSSY Gen 8 to Gen 9 Character Converter NEW UPDATE!

I am VERY pleased with this converter. 

In working with this converter, I have uncovered various issues with Genesis 9 and the eyes not fitting right.

It has occurred to me that the eyes must be fit into the Gen 9 figures after any morph.

If you see me struggling with something in the video. Please leave a running commentary in the comment section.

Multiple comments are welcome, I read them all and try and answer them as well. (Please be nice.)

RiverSoftArt and Sickle Yield, please, if you see me struggling with a particular part of the program feel free to leave answers/comments in the comment section.

Best heart

Please like, subscribe and click the bell for "all" notifications. smiley

Thank you for sharing and posting.  I would love to watch it but I barely have 8 minutes free time, let alone 8 hours! surprise

I am so glad you like the converter though.

N-RArts said:

@RiversoftArt Sorry for the delay in reply, but I had to make sure that everything was okay, before I replied.

Anyway, I've successfully converted two characters to G9.

The first charcter was a G8F. I made the changes to the file as you said. I still couldn't get it to convert. I had to export the character will ALL morphs loaded as an obj, then re-load the character through Morph Loader, save the morph, load morph, save as a character file, then convert from there. EXCEPT, when I tried to convert the character, Daz lost its mind and crashed. The reason was because of the change that I had made in the .dsa file. So I edited the script back to how it was before the first edit.

That character converted with no issues.

Although I also had to go through the same issue with my G8M character. It's turned out pretty great, except the edges of the eyelids are distorted.

The Material suit is a great product too. I did have a strange incident where it looked like the Geoshell was "lit up" when I added skin textures to it (although there were no emmisives in the texture). But the issue seems to have corrected itself.

I'm looking forward to the release of your hair converter.

yes

Thank you for sharing.  I am glad you got it working for you.

The hair converter I think you will love.  A much less finicky process and a much better script because of it.  smiley

• KeironKeiron Posts: 413

Hi RiverSoftArt

I was looking at Ally as this Actor and a few more that have issues with the RSSI lashes

I found 2 dials that let you move the eyelashes up and down, the bottom eyelash looks OK, but the top one doesn't fit the eye

I added the Genesis 9 eyelash and that looks fine

Then I noticed the left eye was smaller that the right, I couldn't see a problem in the eye Scale dials, I set her left up by 25% to correct it

I'm removing any head and body HD morphs, all but 1 Nail morphs, to get good results, so far a lot of the eye problems go when setting these to 0

eyelash not fitting.jpg
    1920 x 1187 - 877K
    eyelash not fitting gen 9.jpg
    1920 x 1187 - 880K
    eye+25%.jpg
    1920 x 1187 - 590K

Keiron said:

Hi RiverSoftArt

I was looking at Ally as this Actor and a few more that have issues with the RSSI lashes

I found 2 dials that let you move the eyelashes up and down, the bottom eyelash looks OK, but the top one doesn't fit the eye

Sickleyield tried but things can move ever so slightly in conversion and the morph misses hat

Then I noticed the left eye was smaller that the right, I couldn't see a problem in the eye Scale dials, I set her left up by 25% to correct it

Hmmm, I wonder if Ally has a slightly assymetrical face?  You may have to try using the eye dialog and moving one of the eyes.

I'm removing any head and body HD morphs, all but 1 Nail morphs, to get good results, so far a lot of the eye problems go when setting these to 0

Submitted update this morning:

• Modified GetMorphType function to check an array of prefixes for matching the head or body morph names (now supports morph names that start with FHM *or* Head to identify the morph as a head)
    • Fixed bug thrown by DoCharacterDialog because of copy/paste error (this.sWhatsThis) in v1.0.1
  • KeironKeiron Posts: 413
    edited June 2023

Hi RiverSoftArt

I found 2 dials that let you move the eyelashes up and down, the bottom eyelash looks OK, but the top one doesn't fit the eye may be needs a rotate and or size dial

Sickleyield tried but things can move ever so slightly in conversion and the morph misses hat

Hmmm, I wonder if Ally has a slightly assymetrical face?  You may have to try using the eye dialog and moving one of the eyes.

Just Loaded Ally gen 8, you could be right about slightly assymetrical face her left eye looks very slightly down, I can't see any assymetrical dials, no idea why that affects her eye size?

mind you it could also be the actor is not standing completley straight? lol reset the main window

just added a plane and looked close, both eyes look the same

the g9 has different size eyes

eye test.jpg
    1920 x 1187 - 618K
    Post edited by Keiron on

that is the fun part with the road kill ones. it is not just one, but a couple dozen or so. lol what can you do but plug away an dfix it i guess. Cheers, looking forward to the update :)

somthing else i am noticing with the converted characters from the batch script. is on a few of the characters for the head morphs they seem to in a couple of cases includes the shoulders and neck area as well. Some head morphs also include the body as well when it should only be the head. Kiina for gen 8  and CC Elandor are examples.

Any ideas why this occurs?

• necroscensionnecroscension Posts: 106
    edited June 2023

rorronline said:

somthing else i am noticing with the converted characters from the batch script. is on a few of the characters for the head morphs they seem to in a couple of cases includes the shoulders and neck area as well. Some head morphs also include the body as well when it should only be the head. Kiina for gen 8  and CC Elandor are examples.

Any ideas why this occurs?

I can answer this one, this is what my last comments were about. The head/body morph names don't follow the Daz standard of starting with FBM/FHM, so the script doesn't handle them as such. This is also mentioned other times in this thread. You can rename the morphs to start with FBM or FHM (the name, not the label!) but you'd want to delete those afterward and not overwrite the original morphs. Since these are usually named with "Head" or "Body" in the name, I asked if the check for FBM/FHM could check for "head" or "body" in the name if FBM/FHM is not found.

Otherwise, the script works great as long as the head/body morph names start with FBM/FHM and the character doesn't include the HD morph as part of the preset. Characters that also rely on other shaping morphs may not transfer those morphs well because the full G8M head/body shape may get included in these morphs. It is possible to fix some character presets that include the HD morph - the HD morphs can be dialed out on the transferred character (it won't be HD anyway) and the preset resaved. You can also resave the G8 character preset as a non HD preset by dialling out the HD morph, save it as a new character preset (don't overwrite the old one!) and then transfer the new preset.

Post edited by necroscension on
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 223

RiverSoftArt said:

rorronline said:

From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0).

Shoot!  That is a bug I introduced in the update.  I will fix it asap.

I am also getting this error when I try using the custom character converter. I look forward to trying the fixed version.  I read through all 10 pages hoping someone had an answer to my issues before I bothered yal knowing you are likely super busy.

I have the full bundle as I was hoping this tool will let me merge my beasty morphs to gen 9.  I saw that the product photos showed one of the werewolf morphs with Victoria so I was excited hoping that I could get okish results with half my library of non pure humoid shape characters.  So far my experience has not been great, but the custom character converter is 100% broken currently, so I can't actually test that part.  You have the fix on its way so I look forward to testing it once I can.

With that said, in the software I see the character converter and the custom character converters for the gen 8 and 9s, but I have some confusion from the instructions manual. 

In the manual on page 4 it says "Shape files cannot be converted with the Character Converter script. Please use the Convert Custom Character script to convert morphs that are defined in Shape files."

So I looked for the section in the instructions that is for "Convert Custom Character" which matches what I see in the Daz interface, but it does not exist.  Instead what exists is the "Convert Scene Character" section which starts on page 8.  The index for the manual has the same name. 
    (1) Is the "Convert Scene Character" section the same thing as the "Convert Custom Character" section? 

If it is the same thing, then in that section it says "It does not create a character preset or a scene subset preset (needed if it Material Suit is used). 
    (2) Does this mean it won't create a character material suit then?

(3) Some folks have mentioned getting better results following SY instructions on doing manual conversions of gen 8 to 9.  Would yal be able to point me to where that is so I can test between the results of the tool and the manual conversions?

(4) It is mentioned that some morphs won't work around large eyes unless you use the eye shape fixer.  Since I could not test my custom characters, I tried running the tool against story book frog, and the head got very messed up with the eye sockets and mouth very distorted.  It also massively distorted the feet something completely unuseable.  Do you have any reccomendations where I might be able to get some OKish results?  If there is some distortion, I could fix that possibly in blender, but storybook frogs feet look like pancakes meaning they would need to almost be resculpted from scratch... lol 

I am trying to see if this tool will have use to me as I want to jump onto the gen 9 bandwagon, but if I can't bring in a decent chunk of my Oso, Joe Quick, Josh Crocket, and Raw Art morphs, with okish enough results where I can clean them up in blender, then I might just end up sticking to Gen 8/8.1 like what a lot of folks seem to be doing. 

I need to be able to do half blood races for my world, so I wanted to be able to merge non-human races with the new characters like Victoria 9, Joan 9, etc. instead of just sticking to the Gen 8.1s.  You are doing good work so I hope you don't take this too negatively as I know there is a lot of that right now with a tool having to do such a hard/complex task within the limitations of DAZ Studio.

Thanks