[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• Norman_RNorman_R Posts: 95
    edited June 2023

Is there again such a thing as a cache morph file? G8F works fine. G8M only sometimes.

Post edited by Norman_R on

I think I found out why my skin isn't transferring.

I renamed the file to RSSY Genesis 8 Male Body Suit.duf. This worked for the skin. I don't know why the morph is correct now. But I had deleted the TEMP.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,985

RiverSoftArt mentioned about the RSSY Genesis 8 Male Body Suit.duf name problem after the last update.

Would be good to know, when the fix will come for that issue.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,382

RexRed said:

Can someone post a link to the discussion thread for RSSY Clothing Converter for Genesis 8 to 9 clothes?

Thank you.

It would be helpful if these discussion threads were included in the product documentation and on the after purchase product store page.

Instead we have to search all around for them and be linked to them after we have posted in the main forum or search for them on a forum that only knows how to look up one word at a time.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7958926/#Comment_7958926

FWIW, I make sure once a product is released that I add a post to the thread that refers to the product page.  Then, I think the Daz Deals plugin will show forum references:

2023-06-13_06-27-38.jpg
    1000 x 278 - 64K

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

This is a good conversion, though I have no idea wtf is up with the teeth, tear and eyelashes.

Obviously some morph is doing that.  If it was the eyes, I would think it is the extra eye morph that automatically triggers when the main morph is engaged that is causing the problem.  It is probably something similar here.  I have asked SickleYield for her advice.

We are baffled.  Double check everything's conformed to the suit, not to G9, as that can trip some people up.  Otherwise, make sure all morphs are nuked for that one and try again.

Artini said:

RiverSoftArt mentioned about the RSSY Genesis 8 Male Body Suit.duf name problem after the last update.

Would be good to know, when the fix will come for that issue.

SickleYield submitted the update (so I cannot see testing progress) but I wouldn't expect it to be long.

Norman_R said:

I renamed the file to RSSY Genesis 8 Male Body Suit.duf. This worked for the skin. I don't know why the morph is correct now. But I had deleted the TEMP.

I am glad you found the issue separately.  smiley  You said, "...don't know why the morph is correct now"  Is that a bad thing?  Are you looking for help for something?

RiverSoftArt said:

Norman_R said:

I am glad you found the issue separately.  smiley  You said, "...don't know why the morph is correct now"  Is that a bad thing?  Are you looking for help for something?

I'm not sure yet. Clearing the temp worked here. For others, Original DAZ, it didn't work. I'll get back. 

• rorronlinerorronline Posts: 12

so came across a weird issue. Batch Converter.

Miriam Convertion results were: Head Morph dial, Body Morph dial, Master dial for both.

using the master dial works great, however using the independant dials the morphs are burger meat.

A little confused on why, and why it is such a rampant issue with the convertions.

I have way more morphs that are borked than are not. Weather i use custom converter or the batch process.

Master Dial Works Fine:

Independant Dials are Burger meat:

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 223

For some reason DazCentral is having problems installing the new versions of the character converters. :(  I click on them to install, and it super fast looks like it should be done, but then says it still needs to be installed.  I have restarted DazCentral and Daz.  Will try restarting my PC later.  Currently I am in the middle of stuff so a system restart has to wait, to see if that makes any difference.  Not certain if anyone else had problems installing since the new version or not.

• RiverSoftArt said:

americananimatorsnetwork said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I got everything shaped properly and fixed a weird eye issue on the left eye being small, but none of the shoes for G9 seem to fit with the G8 suit on. Has anyone had this happen? What do I need to do to get them to fit on the converted figure?

I am not seeing this issue.  You load the shoes on the figure, not the suit, correct?  Which shoes cause problems?  Can you post an image?

Here is an image of what is happening. They are loaded onto the figure, but I'm not sure what the issue is. If I save the morphed character as a shaping preset and apply to a blank G9, there's no issue (except I can't use the 8.1 materials, of course).

Have you added a smoothing modifier to the shoes?

I tried that, but it didn't help, unfortunately.

• edited June 2023

RiverSoftArt said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I got everything shaped properly and fixed a weird eye issue on the left eye being small, but none of the shoes for G9 seem to fit with the G8 suit on. Has anyone had this happen? What do I need to do to get them to fit on the converted figure?

I am not seeing this issue.  You load the shoes on the figure, not the suit, correct?  Which shoes cause problems?  Can you post an image?

Here is an image of what is happening. They are loaded onto the figure, but I'm not sure what the issue is. If I save the morphed character as a shaping preset and apply to a blank G9, there's no issue (except I can't use the 8.1 materials, of course).

Scratch that. I just tried fitting the shoes to the suit instead and if I set the smoothing to at least 12, it looks OK. There's still something off, though, as the none of the shoes I've tried quite line up right with the feet. They're off a degree or two. (And they definitely don't work with socks (that came with them) even if I parent to them and turn up smoothing and collision.) Things seem to work fine if I use the shaping preset created from the converted figure on a Gen 9, but idk what else to try with this suit one.

Post edited by americananimatorsnetwork on

rorronline said:

so came across a weird issue. Batch Converter.

Miriam Convertion results were: Head Morph dial, Body Morph dial, Master dial for both.

using the master dial works great, however using the independant dials the morphs are burger meat.

A little confused on why, and why it is such a rampant issue with the convertions.

I have way more morphs that are borked than are not. Weather i use custom converter or the batch process.

Master Dial Works Fine:

Independant Dials are Burger meat:

I am a little concerned on both because it seems to indicate you have 2 head morphs and 2 body morphs on both.  They could be compounding your problems.

From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled. Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character. Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s). Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called). You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0).

XiousDs said:

For some reason DazCentral is having problems installing the new versions of the character converters. :(  I click on them to install, and it super fast looks like it should be done, but then says it still needs to be installed.  I have restarted DazCentral and Daz.  Will try restarting my PC later.  Currently I am in the middle of stuff so a system restart has to wait, to see if that makes any difference.  Not certain if anyone else had problems installing since the new version or not.

No idea why that is.  That is a Daz support question if you cannot clear it up.

RiverSoftArt said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Did you play around with the Smoothing Iterations and Collision Iterations?  If those don't work, I am not sure as I have had great luck with the shoes.  You can try again.

• RiverSoftArt said:

necroscension said:

RiverSoftArt said:

aaráribel caađo said:

I'm having a very frustrating time converting my character via the Fit Clone method that I think underlies this product. Does it create morphs that can be combined, or just single characters? I want the flexibility of converting G8 morphs and character presets that I can combine together. I've seen somebody combined G9 and G8 characters, but don't know if that works with multiple G8 characters. If this can solve my problem, it's an insta purchase :)

The product converts each used morph individually.  It does not combine the used G8 morphs into one combined morph before converting.  (I thought about it after seeing all the issues people had.  I still may add that feature if I end up doing the G3-G9 conversion but right now I need a break from Character Conversion).

On this note, just a question: I noticed when I converted PedroFurtadoArts Alistair that a secondary morph, something like Alistair Chin Correction, and it didn't "break" the head/body morphs (it doesn't appear to also contain the G8M head shape baked in). I believe I noticed that it had PHM in the name, is the script not baking the body/head morphs for these PHM/PBM morphs? I'm not complaining, just noticing, especially since this character didn't use the FHM/FBM naming conventions for the head/body morphs.

It is not converting it, or converting it but it is no problem?  The script doesn't differentiate between morphs except when saving the head/body morphs it restricts their area of affect to the appropriate body part.

Converting it and it is no problem. But ifyou're not looking at PHM/PBMs, I guess it was a fluke. Anyway, it was an observation, I thought it odd that it converted the way it did. I was getting ready to resave the preset without that morph.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075
    edited June 2023

I can't get any characters to convert. The most I can get are eyebrows. Usually I get the dialog box that says "No NEW character files detected.    Note: etc, etc."  I've tried characters from Raiya, Cherubit, Jessaii and Emrys among others. This is pretty disappointing.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • KeironKeiron Posts: 413

Hi RiverSoftArt

I just tried to convert a male figure that didnt' before and the textures look ok now, thank you

On all of the conversions so far the eyelashes are always a problem and dont generally fit, I have replaced them in general with the Genesis eyelashs, however this allows you to move the eyelashes up and down, but i've no dials to change the shapes

Could you have a look at this to see if there is a possible fix

the HD Rapter seems to have texture issues

Thank you for your hard work

edited June 2023

Hi RiverSoftArt

Sorry for 2 posts something was wrong with the site Gate way time out ?

Post edited by Keiron on

fastbike1 said:

I can't get any characters to convert. The most I can get are eyebrows. Usually I get the dialog box that says "No NEW character files detected.    Note: etc, etc."  I've tried characters from Raiya, Cherubit, Jessaii and Emrys among others. This is pretty disappointing.

Sounds like your DB is not reporting metadata correctly.  You can turn off Check Content Type in options and then use the Add Files button to add any characters. 

Keiron said:

Hi RiverSoftArt

I just tried to convert a male figure that didnt' before and the textures look ok now, thank you

On all of the conversions so far the eyelashes are always a problem and dont generally fit, I have replaced them in general with the Genesis eyelashs, however this allows you to move the eyelashes up and down, but i've no dials to change the shapes

I referred this to SickleYield

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Keiron said:

Hi RiverSoftArt

I referred this to SickleYield

Collide the eyelashes with the suit instead of the body of G9 if they're clipping through it?
  • 8.1 males -> every one is converting with the CTRL named Male 8_1, so each icon loads whatever the last converted 8.1 male happened to be. Torment 8.1, Torien 8.1, TM Callum, those are just a few of the ones I've converted, all using the same CTRL.

AND it appears I was half right about the HEAD/BODY named morphs converting correctly. The BODY named morphs are converting correctly (the default G8 male head doesn't convert as part of the body morph), but all of the HEAD named morphs are converting with the G8 male body as part of the morph. It was kind of easy to miss during the conversion process, didn't noticed it until I tried to use one of the converted characters.

Hi RiverSoftArt

Custom conversions

I though Id try one of these

I tried the Rapter and the Manticore

I added the gen 9 figure and the Rapter selected both in the scene

The male figure converted OK, but in the cases above the textures were a mess? the morphs look ok

I assume the add on like horns extra legs etc are untouched. I added the fur, tail, mane etc to the converted one before saving

necroscension said:

8.1 males -> every one is converting with the CTRL named Male 8_1, so each icon loads whatever the last converted 8.1 male happened to be. Torment 8.1, Torien 8.1, TM Callum, those are just a few of the ones I've converted, all using the same CTRL.

AND it appears I was half right about the HEAD/BODY named morphs converting correctly. The BODY named morphs are converting correctly (the default G8 male head doesn't convert as part of the body morph), but all of the HEAD named morphs are converting with the G8 male body as part of the morph. It was kind of easy to miss during the conversion process, didn't noticed it until I tried to use one of the converted characters.

When you load the regular 8.1 characters, are they named in the scene?  The name is what the script uses to name the CTRL.  If not, you will need to rename the CTRL property dsf (and modify the preset that sets it) between each conversion.

For the second, I am not sure what you mean but I will investigate.

Keiron said:

Hi RiverSoftArt

Custom conversions

The male figure converted OK, but in the cases above the textures were a mess? the morphs look ok

I assume the add on like horns extra legs etc are untouched. I added the fur, tail, mane etc to the converted one before saving

Was the material suit option on and added?

Yes, the add-ons will not be converted.

• crashworshipcrashworship Posts: 208
    edited June 2023

RiverSoftArt said:

@mfrank01328_e9ea05b22a, @HoMart, @cridgit

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your hard drive (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0).

Thanks @Karen too for answering.

"Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s)." Please explain this a bit better. The way I'm reading this is that I have to do a conversion with each morph individually zeroed one conversion at a time to figure out which morph is causing the problem?

I get it's a monumental task creating this utility and getting it to work but his seems like a serious pain in the a__ to complete these conversions, I have somewhere around 140 Genesis 8/8.1 characters in my library and I'm thinking that if I have to do this with any character I want to convert...? Go through this process every time I do a conversion?

For the record, I have and use many of your products regularly without issue and with satisfaction. But this? It's a bit much.

Post edited by crashworship on
    edited June 2023

Keiron said:

Hi RiverSoftArt

Custom conversions

Was the material suit option on and added?

Yes, the add-ons will not be converted.

Hi I haven't turned anything off, I bought the whole set, so I thought they would just work together. The Genesis 8 conversions are mainly OK, Genesis 8.1 has problems with the textures on the head and upper back seams on some models

I also tried the scorpion and re added the legs claws etc Had an issue here as I couldn't hide or delete the Genesis 9 legs. I can only hide them on the Genesis 8 and 8.1 figure not delete them but the come back after conversion

Keep up the good work

Post edited by Keiron on

crashworship said:

RiverSoftArt said:

@mfrank01328_e9ea05b22a, @HoMart, @cridgit

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your hard drive (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0).

Thanks @Karen too for answering.

"Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s)." Please explain this a bit better. The way I'm reading this is that I have to do a conversion with each morph individually zeroed one conversion at a time to figure out which morph is causing the problem?

I get it's a monumental task creating this utility and getting it to work but his seems like a serious pain in the a__ to complete these conversions, I have somewhere around 140 Genesis 8/8.1 characters in my library and I'm thinking that if I have to do this with any character I want to convert...? Go through this process every time I do a conversion?

For the record, I have and use many of your products regularly without issue and with satisfaction. But this? It's a bit much.

No, it is about looking at the *converted* character.  Look at its morphs and dial out the bad ones.

This conversion is easily the worse of all the character converters.  G9 is so different in size and shape that it required doing things that make the conversion hard and you will get issues.