UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,479

Highland said:

memcneil70 said:

I wish I had known that! The speaking rate was driving me nuts...

The guy in the video could do disclaimers for commercials.

I made all of the setting changes - they were originally all on default. It made no difference for me. The render times were identical before and after. I'm still on 4.21, with a 3090.

that's interesting. Wonder why mine changed so dramatically. When I first started using my new system I was really disappointed that I wasn;t seeing much change in DS rendering speed. I was wondering what waa going on, but after applying what was in the video it is a lot faster. Wish I knew which changes affected it.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,919
    edited February 27

UltraScenery is simply the best.

us101.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,783

@Artini, you always come up with something that makes me blink, stare, blink again, and then I ... have to blink again. Love it. And I cannot even guess where your brain comes up with the images!

Mary

Thank you very much, Mary.

I like to play/experiment with Daz Studio and Unity in my spare time.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703

Art is in Artini, so no suprise there. Good job.

Thanks a lot for the comments, AnEye4Art.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 586

Just popping in quickly to say "UltraScenery2" is still very much in production and getting close to ready. Here's a short video showing some basic usage in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT7TkFLH7zA

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985

HowieFarkes said:

Just popping in quickly to say "UltraScenery2" is still very much in production and getting close to ready. Here's a short video showing some basic usage in action.

Had a look at the video and my jaw dropped, I do love that you can now see where trees will be rather than the mystery trees in Ultrascenery 1. laugh One thing will content from Ultrascenery 1 work with Ultrascenery 2? Also how big of a scene square will we be able to have? As found buildings would often look way out of place usually being bigger than the USC square.

• Just take my money already. Seriously. smiley

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,328

Ghosty12 said:

HowieFarkes said:

Had a look at the video and my jaw dropped, I do love that you can now see where trees will be rather than the mystery trees in Ultrascenery 1. laugh One thing will content from Ultrascenery 1 work with Ultrascenery 2? Also how big of a scene square will we be able to have? As found buildings would often look way out of place usually being bigger than the USC square.

US 2 will support existing content and will generate scenes up to 256 metres square.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8258266/#Comment_8258266

Cheers,

Alex. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,094

HowieFarkes said:

Wow, just wow. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

HowieFarkes said:

Wow, that looks good (and fast!)

Only one question from me: will it work in Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 (the last version I can currently use on my old Win7 PC) ?

• bombenleger58bombenleger58 Posts: 100

UltraScenery2 and UltraSceneryXT work together?

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 494

Oh nice, thanks for the heads-up! I'll keep my eye out for a nice gift card sale so I'll be ready to insta buy once it's ready. =)

Do you know if other plugins from code 66 will work or will we need new ones (since you mentioned accelerator wouldn't be needed)? Or even better, will the same features be available in UC2? I'm thinking of toolbox volume 1&2 mostly.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,990

Shimrian said:

Oh nice, thanks for the heads-up! I'll keep my eye out for a nice gift card sale so I'll be ready to insta buy once it's ready. =)

Do you know if other plugins from code 66 will work or will we need new ones (since you mentioned accelerator wouldn't be needed)? Or even better, will the same features be available in UC2? I'm thinking of toolbox volume 1&2 mostly.

They won't work, unfortunately. It looks like that USC2 will work the same way as XT, it gets generated on the fly.

bombenleger58 said:

UltraScenery2 and UltraSceneryXT work together?

They work together inly in the same way that UltraScenery and UltraSceneryXT work together - you can have both in the same scene but they do not explicitly interact with each other.

Here's of demo of using original UltraScenery content (or "Classic Content") in UltraScenery2

https://youtu.be/0RAobx0jZog

MelanieL said:

HowieFarkes said:

Only one question from me: will it work in Daz Studio 4.21.0.5 (the last version I can currently use on my old Win7 PC) ?

I've successfully used it with 4.21.1... so... maybe?
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,414

Oh it's SO GREAT that we'll be able to see the trees beforehand!!! I love US the way it is already, but I find I often decide against using it for quicker outdoor scenes because of the hassle to guess where everything will be. So this looks just amazing to me. And I very much appreciate that we will be able to use our previously bought content, that's brilliant.

Is there anything like an approximate time frame yet?

Looks amazing.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

HowieFarkes said:

MelanieL said:

HowieFarkes said:

I've successfully used it with 4.21.1... so... maybe?

Thanks - I'll probably take the risk.

• Thanks for the demos!  UltraScenery 2 does look pretty fantastic!  I've gotten so much use and enjoyment out of the first one, that I'm really looking forward to USC2!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,144
    Looking forward to it. Thanks Howie. UltraScenery is a killer app for me. To improve on it is fantastic. Regards, Richard.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,783

I echo everyones' 'Wows' and was left breathless Howie. (I forgot to breathe, it helps.) Thank you for all your hard work to bring this to us.

Mary

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,230

This will fly off the virtual shelf once it hits the store.

edited March 15

Using a couple of 256m wide terrains (16x bigger area then USC1) plus an UltraSceneryXT terrain for the very distant hills.

big scene landscape.png
    2048 x 1024 - 4M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 159

Oh yippy, I can not wait! 

I am so wishing we could pre-order lol but my CC is very glad we cant 

I can't wait to get my hands on this. 

My credit card, as usual, has just screamed in terror and is currently trying to hide at the bottom of the garden.

I'm curious as to what add-ons and extensions will be available on the launch day.  

Cheers,

Alex.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,414

Oooooh ... You know, I don't just want to buy this, I want to LIVE there! angel

tsroemi said:

Oooooh ... You know, I don't just want to buy this, I want to LIVE there! angel

Personally, I'd like to live somewhere with a few more trees and a small waterfall at the end. It's still quite stunning, though. 

Cheers,

Alex.