UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
edited September 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

This discussion was created from comments split from: UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial].

** Things to try if UltraScenery is not working for you **

• Ensure you have the latest version of UltraScenery installed (currently that is version 1.3.6.4 - last updated September 2023)
  • If using the Accelerator for UltraScenery ensure it also is the latest version (currently that is version 1.0.2.4 - last updated May 2021)
  • Install UltraScenery via DIM instead of SmartContent
  • Ensure Instance Optimization in the render settings is set to "Memory" or maybe "Auto" but definitely not "Speed"
  • Use a viewport renderer other than "Nvida Iray"
  • Uninstall Octane Render (if convenient) - Octane Render has for some people caused freezes and/or extremely long processing times for UltraScenery
  • Getting a big stack of plants and props in the very center of the scene - that also can be caused by Octane Render and can be resolved by uninstalling Octane.
  • Ensure any required products are also installed for the addon you're using - find a list below if unsure.

Store Link

List of Addons for UltraScenery

List of Addon Bundles for UltraScenery

Other Resources

Post edited by HowieFarkes on

Comments

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584

Petercat said:

Maybe have UltraScenery give an alert with incomplete or incompatible items, or just not show unusable options, instead of trying anyway and locking up Studio. That's a real pain.

I wish Howie would offer the older version of Grasslands to people with older systems, not everyone wants the newest shiny.
    I am working on an update that will do this. If you are using a version of Studio older than 4.21 then you will get the older materials and if using 4.21+ you will get the newer ones.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited June 2023

Just for fun

When the water level falls.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

HowieFarkes said:

Petercat said:

Maybe have UltraScenery give an alert with incomplete or incompatible items, or just not show unusable options, instead of trying anyway and locking up Studio. That's a real pain.

I wish Howie would offer the older version of Grasslands to people with older systems, not everyone wants the newest shiny.
    I am working on an update that will do this. If you are using a version of Studio older than 4.21 then you will get the older materials and if using 4.21+ you will get the newer ones.

Oh, that is great news! I do appreciate it. UltraScenery fills a great need for me, I no longer have to re-use the same environments for different locations in my webcomic story. Now I can just create a new one whenever I need it. Once I learn all the ins and outs...
    Are you planning to introduce different props such as bridges? Some stone or more modern steel ones would be nice.

barbult said:

Just for fun

Oh, that is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

• I won't say this is the first commercial thread to reach the splitting point, but it's still a remarkable achievement.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

Richard Haseltine said:

I won't say this is the first commercial thread to reach the splitting point, but it's still a remarkable achievement.

This is the second time it has been split, and I imagine even fewer commercial threads (likely none) have been split twice.

A wonderful product with lots of add-ons gets lots of attention. Let's keep the fun going and keep the thread alive.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,745

barbult said:

Just for fun

I just laughed hard.

With the way the rains keep coming (thank you to all the little green gods for that btw), the creeks are running high and fast, and I wouldn't put it past for a crocodile to show up around Denver.

Sadly, a crocodile refuge was partially burned a last month ago in Alamosa. Can't see a shark making to our creeks though.

Thank you for the laugh Barbult.

Havos said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I won't say this is the first commercial thread to reach the splitting point, but it's still a remarkable achievement.

This is the second time it has been split, and I imagine even fewer commercial threads (likely none) have been split twice.

That is probably because it is a fantastic and much-needed product set. 
    I used to have to re-use the same environment many times for different, unrelated scenes, changing camera angles and lighting to hide the fact.
    But now, I can create different environments that exactly match the scene I am creating - every time.
    As I type this on my internet computer, I am creating multiple, distinct environments on my art computer and saving them for future use.
    Aso, a very important point, UltraScenery is easy and fun to use, and not at all a chore.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,836

UltraScenery is a remarkable asset, much needed for Daz Studio.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Artini said:

UltraScenery is a remarkable asset, much needed for Daz Studio.

I couldn't agree more.  It is truly unique. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

The perfect trilogy:

UltraScenery environment builder
    UltraCity city and town builder
    UltraInterior Residence and Business builder.

I would never have to buy anything but Ultra add-ons.
    I hope Howie gets rich AF.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,062

I can imagine an addition/alternative.. Basically Flowscape in DS. That would also be an amazing thing to have in DS. If the idea of painting vegetation on a landscape could be got to use the same props and instance them in the same way, the two would complement each other so well. XT for the widescale landscape (amended by painting alternative hills etc, and then the local area done with US, and small-ish tweaks done quickly with a painting tool. That would be just bliss.

Another wonderful thing would be to have it display on screen as fast as Flowscape.. But I don't think that's DS's forte.

Regards,

Richard

The new Mossy Hollow Creek add-on https://www.daz3d.com/mossy-hollow-creek
    includes 3Delight materials? Nice.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Petercat said:

New?  This has been around for ages. It predates Ultrascenery. I got it when it first came out.  It's a lovely set which I would strongly reccomend. 

Cheers,

Alex.  

alexhcowley said:

Petercat said:

New?  This has been around for ages. It predates Ultrascenery. I got it when it first came out.  It's a lovely set which I would strongly reccomend. 

Cheers,

Alex.  

Huh. How 'bout that. I thought the required Mossy Hollow Botanicals required UltraScenery itself. My mistake.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,228

barbult said:

Just for fun

You made me spit on my monitor. I needed a laugh.

I didn't know my shark would be such hit! I'm glad to hear that several people had a good laugh.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,836

UltraScenery made with the custom height map.

Kitty!

Walk in Woods 001.png
    932 x 1200 - 3M
    edited June 2023

My last shark was a hit, so I made another. I bought Iray OceanWorx yesterday, so now my shark has a lot more water. We have an UltraScenry Island in the background.

Iray OceanWorks with fising boat shark USC Island 16x9_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M

Petercat said:

Kitty!

Kitty, huh! She better watch out!

Artini said:

UltraScenery made with the custom height map.

You come up with come interesting height maps.

barbult said:

My last shark was a hit, so I made another. I bought Iray OceanWorx yesterday, so now my shark has a lot more water. We have an UltraScenry Island in the background.

They're gonna need a bigger boat!

edited June 2023

My island was too small. I moved it in closer.

Iray OceanWorks with fising boat shark USC Island 16x9_002_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    edited June 2023

Another purchase yesterday - DustMaster, so here it is in the dusty desert at dawn.

USC Desert BV Road Dustmaster_003_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 792
    That's gorgeous, Barbult. I love that lighting. Creates nice contrasts.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,745

Barbult, they should include that into the promos! Excellent work, as usual.

Mary

• The Desert Villa

1-USC-DesertVilla-01-sm.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
    2-USC-DesertVilla-02-sm.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 1M

Thanks for the kind comments, folks. I never get tired of the UltraScenery variety and how easy it is to generate.
    @bombenleger58 That villa looks excellent and appropriate in that desert environment. I like the way your lowered water looks, too. Nice job!