UltraScenery - new(er) territory [Commercial]

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,092
    tsroemi said:

Oooooh ... You know, I don't just want to buy this, I want to LIVE there! angel

Come to rural North Devon then. It's almost a simulation of my parents' lower fields on either side of the river when they had their farm. The only downside was the flooding in winter, up to 88" of rain a year, accompanied by 100mph winds every other winter.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,452
    edited March 16

HowieFarkes said:

Using a couple of 256m wide terrains (16x bigger area then USC1) plus an UltraSceneryXT terrain for the very distant hills.

OMG, it looks real ! Beautiful.  The haze really makes it. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • drucdruc Posts: 346

Do we have any news on Ultrascenery 2. I went to check some how to vids on Youtube and there is a demo vid from Howie about 2 weeks ago.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,311

Man, I keep checking back in hoping for news, or <GASP!> a launch of Ultrascenery 2. 
    (Puts hand on ground and speeds up time - 3BP reference)

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 585
    edited April 2

[email protected] said:

Man, I keep checking back in hoping for news, or <GASP!> a launch of Ultrascenery 2. 

Still at least a few weeks away from release. Here's a new render I did though.

marketing promo landscape 02.jpg
    2048 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on

Looking very good HowieFarkes. Is that just one US2? 

That looks spectacular. Really spectacular.

If I may make a couple of comments hoping to inspire rather than criticise - it already looks incredible and better than the current gold standard, a script called 'UltraScenery' I'm sure you've heard of - I hope you take them in the way the comments are meant. If you totally ignore every comment, it'll still be fantastic.If you incorporate the comments, it may be fractionally more spectacular.

The water margin is difficult. In most cases there's a muddy/squidgy area at the margin where little wavelets lap and prevent seedlings growing. The banks rarely slope gently right down into a pool/stream and often have a vertical/near vertical step from the land to the water, sometimes with marginal plants on the banks. If reeds grow with their base in the margin, maybe make sure that the reed base is under water, or not on a stone if the base is above the waterline. Ideally it'd be in mud. In US you had a shader that made stones darker up to 2.5cm above the waterline. Is it practicable to make that cutoff height be based on a distance above a rippled plane, vaguely showing effects of wavelets that aren't the same height eveywhere because some can sploosh & splash? Another option might be to  have a 'splash height' height map.

Waterfalls/stream falls. Oh so difficult, but would be stunning if they could be made believeable. A splash height map built into the wet stone/wood shader would help with this.

A little something else. Streams rarely have a flat waterline, otherwise, how would they flow? With a 64m square US landscape it wasn't big enough to see that the water was actually dead flat (with ripples). However, with 256m square, you might start to see a slight fall on most streams.

Just food for thought. Possibly too late, but maybe not.

Regards,

Richard

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,311

HowieFarkes said:

[email protected] said:

Looks AMAZING Howie! You can never go wrong throwing samples out to us!
    (Erm, you do know that lake isn't filled with "water" - it is drool from all of us waiting to get our hands on the new version. HA HA!  Ew...)

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

Gogger said:

HowieFarkes said:

[email protected] said:

Looks AMAZING Howie! You can never go wrong throwing samples out to us!
    (Erm, you do know that lake isn't filled with "water" - it is drool from all of us waiting to get our hands on the new version. HA HA!  Ew...)

Ultrascenery version two is now only a few weeks away. This is the best news I've had so far this month! 

And, yes, the demo renders are all awesome!

My credit card is now on full combat alert!

Cheers,

Alex. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited April 3

US2 render looks great and opens up the means for making optical illusions.

I know, that it is only one landscape, but my brain is telling me, that there are two.

One on the left and one on the right combined together.

Post edited by Artini on
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 478
    edited April 3

HowieFarkes said:

[email protected] said:

This is a lovely picture, but I think I found a bug for you in this screenshot. It looks like some of the grass is poking through the rocks by the shore. I know you have a lot of magic in your scenes that prevents this type of overlap, so I thought I'd point it out so hopefully it can be fixed before your product is released. <3

grass poking through rocks

grass on rocks.jpg
    2048 x 1024 - 782K
    Post edited by Shimrian on

I've been trying to do a scente today and after loading an ultrascenery scene, well, start over ..the build is extremely slow. I have the accelerator. I've been using it on this install for months with none of the current problems. I cannot move the scene with my mouse. The lag is so bad that its impossible. Canot move the USC anywhere. Render is also very slow ... Any ideas? I've tried 4 different terrain types, lowered the Octaves. I don;t even have lights added yet. 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952

daveso said:

I've been trying to do a scente today and after loading an ultrascenery scene, well, start over ..the build is extremely slow. I have the accelerator. I've been using it on this install for months with none of the current problems. I cannot move the scene with my mouse. The lag is so bad that its impossible. Canot move the USC anywhere. Render is also very slow ... Any ideas? I've tried 4 different terrain types, lowered the Octaves. I don;t even have lights added yet. 

Do you using Iray Preview for the viewport by any chance?

DoctorJellybean said:

daveso said:

Do you using Iray Preview for the viewport by any chance?

well, yeah, I just found that...but I never changed it myself. I leave it on texture preview always. It threw me for sure. Actually I tried to check that but everything so slow the menu would not come up at all. I closed DS and went back and I loaded a figure just to see and  it was in some strange color, so I checked that and found Iray preview. Another mystery.  

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 482

Does UltraScenery - Volumetric Clouds (UltraScenery - Volumetric Clouds | Daz 3D) require UltraScenery to use or is it a standalone product?  I have UltraScenery but it is not listed as a required product on the UltraScenery - Volumetric Clouds store page?  Thanks.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952

jjoyner said:

Does UltraScenery - Volumetric Clouds (UltraScenery - Volumetric Clouds | Daz 3D) require UltraScenery to use or is it a standalone product?  I have UltraScenery but it is not listed as a required product on the UltraScenery - Volumetric Clouds store page?  Thanks.

According to the ReadMe:

• You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:

• “Environments:Landscapes:UltraScenery:Clouds”

• You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:

• “Props:Effects:Cloud”

• “Utilities:Scripts:Iray”

So I think it is safe to say that it can be used on its own.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,075
    edited April 21

This is an Ultrascenery - Volumetric Clouds (HFVC Cloud 8 to be precise) with just DA Big Ocean and some sun-sky lighting.

Edited to add: Same cloud, a bit higher and rotated a little, with more of a blue-sky sun-sky treatment. Not everybody is as fixated on dawn and sunset scenes as I am, so wanted to show the clouds in a different setting. smiley I think they're quite nice, and you can get lots of different effects with them.

USC-Clouds.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 701K
    USC-Clouds-day.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 753K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

DoctorJellybean said:

jjoyner said:

According to the ReadMe:

• You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:

• “Environments:Landscapes:UltraScenery:Clouds”

• You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:

• “Props:Effects:Cloud”

• “Utilities:Scripts:Iray”

So I think it is safe to say that it can be used on its own.

Dr. J.

OK.  Thanks much. 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This is an Ultrascenery - Volumetric Clouds (HFVC Cloud 8 to be precise) with just DA Big Ocean and some sun-sky lighting.

OK.  Thanks. 

edited April 23

Not very fancy, but Paula's post reminded me I hadn't used the volumetric clouds anywhere near enough.

So... Scene seed 9105 inverted, Waterway 8, Pines 6 ecology, and Blue Lake water, an old boat and a figure happily drifting down stream enjoying the ride having shipped her oars.

Regards,

Richard

Ultrascenery 18 R02.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

Oh, very nice Richard. A few more weeks and we might see that for real. More snow in the Rockies this weekend, heavy rain in Denver scheduled.

Thank you Mary. Just a simple, calm image of the sort UltraScenery is so good for.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

Not very fancy, but Paula's post reminded me I hadn't used the volumetric clouds anywhere near enough.

So... Scene seed 9105 inverted, Waterway 8, Pines 6 ecology, and Blue Lake water, an old boat and a figure happily drifting down stream enjoying the ride having shipped her oars.

Regards,

Richard

yes 

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 585

Soon...

Thanks, Howie. You've just made my day!

Cheers,

Alex.

Getting excited now

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,373

Great video!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

Oh sweet little gods, that was so peaceful and lovely. Howie, just bought a new gift card. Bless you for your hard work and the other PAs who have added to the UltraScenery world.

Mary

memcneil70 said:

Oh sweet little gods, that was so peaceful and lovely. Howie, just bought a new gift card. Bless you for your hard work and the other PAs who have added to the UltraScenery world.

Mary

Eloquently put, Mary. I couldn't agree more.

Cheers,

Alex. 

memcneil70 said:

Mary

Eloquently put, Mary. I couldn't agree more.

Cheers,

Alex.