PerttiA said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/search

Many thanks! 

Ditto!

Most useful post this week ! 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited August 2023

...still doesn't accept full strings like "are yoo a thread killer" so still worthless.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

kyoto kid said:

...still doesn't accept full strings like "are yoo a thread killer" so still worthless.

Yeah, trying to search with just one word is pretty pointless.

Google still finds "lost my marbles" in fraction of a second. 

...yeah I mean what does it take to set the open /close quote mark (") as a tag to signify a full string. Just about every other search engine I know of (including the one the multimedia development company I worked for over 30 years ago) has 

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 650

FirstBastion said:

jjoyner said:

PerttiA said:

Many thanks! 

Ditto!

Most useful post this week ! 

Yeah.

Okay.

Well.

That IS cleverly hidden!

No link to click, and no option in the "DAZ 3D Forums" blue bar -- that's about as useful as WashDC's WMATA "alerts" page for searching for train outages and other emergencies that may affect one's travel, where you have to remember the actual address: "www.wmata.com/alerts" because they decided that there's no logical reason to have a link on their "www.wmata.com" front page or anywhere else in their site!

Good job, DAZ--you've proven yourselves to be as useful as a [much-loved-popularly-elected-permanent-public-servant]!!

Many thanks for letting me know, guys!

Pre-censored so that Richard doesn't have to cheeky

• vectorinusvectorinus Posts: 118
    PerttiA said:
    What a great forum search! I just checked it. It's much better than Google. Everything else is not important to me. Thanks dea-a-a-rs!
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,034

PerttiA said:

unless they actually enjoy locking threads maybe the admins could make a closed sticky up the top with this link and other info

called

website navigation and search enlightened 

• Between the changes to Daz+ and the unnecessarily massive drop down menu, I have to commend Daz. I'm saving so much money! I barely even look at the emails any more, let alone bother opening the store page. It's excellent. My bank truly thanks you. yes

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

9 pages of comments to find the forum search bar. Thanks for that.

Greybro said:

9 pages of comments to find the forum search bar. Thanks for that.

keeps someone amused it seems since they can't just post the link in the threads when they lock them enlightened

likewise someone other than me should suggest they sticky it devil 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997
    I don't dislike the new alert method in place of the orange banners. However, in addition to the number, I get the pop up message whenever I go to a new store page. With the banners I could close them and then go to messages later. I suggest adding a way to dismiss the pop up so it doesn't show again unless I click on the alerts, assuming that isn't how it's supposed to work already and what I'm seeing is a bug. I can click away to close it on a page, but it returns for me.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited August 2023

I don't know... I personally always enjoy searching for an answer to any issue or question... like if for example, if I forget how to reset the oil change reminder warning on my vehicle's display screen, I much prefer having to search through a 30 page thread with generally similar questions about things like dim radio display, resetting the garage door opener, making the gauge display brighter, resetting the trip mileage, changing the interior light fuse, where the emergency flasher button is located, what the flashing triangle with an exclamation mark means, where the spare tire is located and what the maximum load for the roof rack is... especially if that search yields results for multiple models and years, not just the one I was searching for specifically... 

Even more points if the title of the thread could be interpreted multiple ways or is sort of vague.

Its like looking for a lost city or ancient civilization or solving a murder mystery... I always get disappointed if I actually find an answer in long running ultra merged threads... it takes the mystery out of life and... I get so disappointed if I Google "Why do I get electrocuted when press start?" and the manufacturer has made a stickied warning or solution...

The quest is over... nobody wants that.

People are too lazy with their whining about stuff not working or not doing stuff you'd expect things to do...

In the old days we didn't even have forums to get answers... we wrote our questions on a paper note with an ink quill pen and put that in a glass bottle with a real cork and threw it into the ocean... and maybe if a sea monster didn't immediately eat you when you did that, then hopefully within twelve to never years later, if you still were alive and hadn't choked to death on an underdone potato, you'd find a bottle lying on the beach with an answer in it...
    Not the answer to whatever the hell it was you wanted to know... No... but an answer to something... probably not even in whatever language you spoke... and that taught you a valuable lesson... like the song says... "Jumping Jack flash is a gas, gas, gas..." 
    Wait... no... it was a different Rolling Stones song I was thinking about... something about Mr. Jimmy and a bleeding guy in a glass...

Whatever... the point is reading is fundamental and if you give a hoot and don't pollute, only you can prevent forest fires if you stay alive and drive 55 and just say no to drugs... you see what I'm saying?...

You'll get lazy if everything is just handed to you or when you press a button it does what it's labeled as... real pioneers and stout hearted explorers don't visit libraries... they go out and tackle grizzly bears and beat the answers out of them like Captain Kirk or Captain Kangaroo... Whichever one murdered Gilligan...

My point is, did Lois & Clark discover Atlantis because Google Maps took them there?...
    No, they got lost looking for Sasquatch in Oregon which they thought was Atlantis and ended up in the Pacific Ocean were they were waylaid by sentient otters who stole all their abalone shells... and because of that bold "ask no question" attitude and a lengthy paternity suit by Sasquatches, we ended up having to repurchase Louisiana from the French using the coupon code "BABY-BIGFOOTS"... and that's why Oregon is shaped like an Amazon box the delivery guy sat on.

None of that would have happened if Clark Kent just looked up "Sasquatch kingdom of Atlantis" on Google maps.

And that's why I don't like knowing answers to stuff...

Or something like that... Just re-read this a couple of times and I'm sure it'll all be as clear as this thread is or any multiphasic transconceptual informational amalgamation usually is... you'll have your answers or just give up and take a nap or go off and buy some sweet novelty socks on Amazon which will be delivered in a box the overly tired delivery person sat on after using their Gatorade bottle.

Post edited by McGyver on

just wait until the forum is replaced with a Chat Bot devil

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

WendyLuvsCatz said:

We prefer to be called Disinformation Actualization Automatons, thank you.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

Someone said elsewhere that the Forum Search had been fixed. Took me a while to realize that the "Search" box on the black toolbar changes context when in the Store ("Search Store") or in the Forums ("Search Forums"). And it actually does.

McGyver said:

My point is, did Lois & Clark discover Atlantis because Google Maps took them there?...
    No, they got lost looking for Sasquatch in Oregon which they thought was Atlantis and ended up in the Pacific Ocean were they were waylaid by sentient otters who stole all their abalone shells... and because of that bold "ask no question" attitude and a lengthy paternity suit by Sasquatches, we ended up having to repurchase Louisiana from the French using the coupon code "BABY-BIGFOOTS"... and that's why Oregon is shaped like an Amazon box the delivery guy sat on.

...in a way the description of Oregon's shape does make some sense given that Washington State (where Amazon was founded and has its headquarters [Seattle]) does sit on tip of it when you look at the map.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited August 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

One day, maybe in a decade—if we are still alive—we may be thinking one singular thought:  remember those chat bots . . . I never thought I'd miss those chat bots

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102

Why not do away with the bell and put the message marker, the number, on the Account button? Click the Account button and open Messages, job done.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997
    Fishtales said:

Why not do away with the bell and put the message marker, the number, on the Account button? Click the Account button and open Messages, job done.

Why take away a one-step option and leave only a two to three step option? Personally I like the alert option, just need a way to dismiss the pop-up.
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

.Please re-instate forum search.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

FirstBastion said:

When in the forums, the search box on the black toolbar actually searches the forums. The background text changes to "Search Forums" when you click on it. In the store, it says "Search Store".

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Fishtales said:

Or, instead of the bell telling "There are no messages", it would take one to the messages and show the ones that are there (ones you have read). 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

NorthOf45 said:

FirstBastion said:

When in the forums, the search box on the black toolbar actually searches the forums. The background text changes to "Search Forums" when you click on it. In the store, it says "Search Store".

Well, that is quite functional. Thanks for the info.

• awdzawdz Posts: 8

Just a bit of feedback (and I apologize for being unwilling to search through 9 pages to find if someone else mentioned it):

1. Why is the post date part of the user "box"?  If one is looking for the date of a post, the fact that it doesn't look like a date, and the fact that it's in the user box makes you skim right over it, not realizing what it is, and have a very hard time finding the post date before you realize that the post date is actually just a time that's presented as if it's user data.
    2. Why does it show only the time?  (minor issue, more of a design quibble than anything)

• awdz said:

Just a bit of feedback (and I apologize for being unwilling to search through 9 pages to find if someone else mentioned it):

1. Why is the post date part of the user "box"?  If one is looking for the date of a post, the fact that it doesn't look like a date, and the fact that it's in the user box makes you skim right over it, not realizing what it is, and have a very hard time finding the post date before you realize that the post date is actually just a time that's presented as if it's user data.
    2. Why does it show only the time?  (minor issue, more of a design quibble than anything)

It will show the time for the current day, it woill show the day for older posts. Hover the mouse over the time stamp to get the time and date

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 504

The big menus make me sad, I want to go somewhere, change tabs quickly and they assert their dominant grip on my browsing.

..please put back the floating blue bar on the forums again.  Having to scroll up to go to the contents page is getting very old already.  Using he back arrow is not a god substitute, particularly .if you've changed pages, or submitted a comment.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205

kyoto kid said:

..please put back the floating blue bar on the forums again.  Having to scroll up to go to the contents page is getting very old already.  Using he back arrow is not a god substitute, particularly .if you've changed pages, or submitted a comment.

Yes, please. 

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Does anyone know why Daz no longer sends email notifications when we get PM's from other members (or from Daz administrators)? 

Does this issue need its own thread?  I assume it may, because it is not "navigation testing."

UnifiedBrain said:

Does anyone know why Daz no longer sends email notifications when we get PM's from other members (or from Daz administrators)? 

Does this issue need its own thread?  I assume it may, because it is not "navigation testing."

it's probably update testing devil it has been mentioned by many