Website Navigation Update/Testing 2023

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Does anyone know why Daz no longer sends email notifications when we get PM's from other members (or from Daz administrators)? 

Does this issue need its own thread?  I assume it may, because it is not "navigation testing."

it's probably update testing devil it has been mentioned by many 

No, it is a forum bug that predates the site design/feature updates - it is about the same age as the attachment issue.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,722

kyoto kid said:

..please put back the floating blue bar on the forums again.  Having to scroll up to go to the contents page is getting very old already.  Using he back arrow is not a god substitute, particularly .if you've changed pages, or submitted a comment.

I have "The Commons" bookmarked. So now I click on that every time I want to go back. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

I see that the Lightning Deals page is back in the rotation, but the little graphical bits and bobs are missing (notification bell, shopping cart, the tiny icons under each product...)

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,997

Any chance on getting the blue bar for the forums navigation pinned in the UI any time soon? :(

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,034

what's the trick now for even jumping to the top?

Home no longer works

in Safari on iOS I can tap the very top of the browser but on Windows nothing works in any browaer

my wheel on my mouse wearing ou4

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

Home no longer works

in Safari on iOS I can tap the very top of the browser but on Windows nothing works in any browaer

Home, End, Page Down, and Page Up work for me in Firefox - as long as the cursor isn't in the reply box, in which case their effect is limited to that.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205

Richard Haseltine said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Home no longer works

Home, End, Page Down, and Page Up work for me in Firefox - as long as the cursor isn't in the reply box, in which case their effect is limited to that.

They work for me in Chrome, too. 

edited August 2023

butterflyfish said:

Richard Haseltine said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Home no longer works

They work for me in Chrome, too. 

maybe I was thinking of the store as yes, do now 

and store with Opera now

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

I wonder why nobody from Daz ever responds in this thread. They asked for feedback. Do they even read our feedback? Are we wasting our time just venting to each other? (Yes, I know, there will probably be no answer to this question, just like there is no response to all the other questions.)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

and that annoying notification just won't go away! no

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,167

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Home no longer works

Home worked for me just now.  On Chrome. 

barbult said:

I wonder why nobody from Daz ever responds in this thread. They asked for feedback. Do they even read our feedback? Are we wasting our time just venting to each other? (Yes, I know, there will probably be no answer to this question, just like there is no response to all the other questions.)

It does seem futile.  How many have asked for the blue banner be made to float down the page with us, like it used to?  No reply.  Not even a "we'll work on it." 

• DanaTA said:

barbult said:

It does seem futile.  How many have asked for the blue banner be made to float down the page with us, like it used to?  No reply.  Not even a "we'll work on it." 

Daz Steve did post, but asking for does not guarantee implementation - and certainly doesn't guarantee timing since I would imagine any updates will be batched and prioritised. We (forum mods) have been watching and noting the things that get most comments.

• This is the only website I have ever seen that the menu takes up 3/4 of the page, and roughly 95% of the time it opens up, i did not intent to run over the link.

It`s unnecessary and off putting.

Just my 2 cents

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

I am also finding the popdown menu very annoying. On my iPad I have the side menu, which has its own snags, but is far better than having to fight with the constant drop down menu.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited August 2023

...definitely not going to open the store on a phone again as the drop down takes up the whole screen.  Bad enough you have to endlessly scroll to do any shopping. 

As to truning off the annoying notification I beleive this can be done by going to the Alerts and Messages menu on your Account page and then click "no" under subscriptions for Marketing Sales Emails.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Richard Haseltine said:

DanaTA said:

barbult said:

Daz Steve did post, but asking for does not guarantee implementation - and certainly doesn't guarantee timing since I would imagine any updates will be batched and prioritised. We (forum mods) have been watching and noting the things that get most comments.

I didn't remember Daz_Steve posting, so looked back to find it. I see, that was a month ago, a couple days after the thread was started. I didn't see anything more recent than that. You must have accumulated about a hundred complaints about that big image banner drop down that interferes with everything. If you are counting, I guess we'd better not assume that since an issue has been mentioned, nobody needs to mention it again. How about summarizing your findings so far?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,112

We've expressed our opinions; now we wait to see if anything comes of them.

As for me, I've reached the point - if I trigger the massive drop-down I just close the tab and go elsewhere.

I seem to have missed a newsletter today

• hjakehjake Posts: 837

namffuak said:

We've expressed our opinions; now we wait to see if anything comes of them.

As for me, I've reached the point - if I trigger the massive drop-down I just close the tab and go elsewhere.

Overall the new MASSIVE pop down banner has saved me money so I say kudos to DAZ 3D. However, it has not saved me as much as possible since some on my spending simply transfered to Renderosity. I guess Murfreesboro should send a thank you note to the DAZ web team for their asssitance in boosting Rendo sales. I am confident that I am not the only one who has transfered spending to the south of Utah team.

So, for me, that drop-down menu has changed over to the left-side text version. Have we seen a permanent change?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,112

NorthOf45 said:

So, for me, that drop-down menu has changed over to the left-side text version. Have we seen a permanent change?

Still seeing the black screen of inept.

oh crap, now I have that image overlay popup you all were describing and was glad I wasn't in that test group angry

NorthOf45 said:

Same for me. I am SO HAPPY to be rid of that drop down image bar. I'm not convinced that the black side bar is better than what we had before all this navigation and testing change started, though. I do home that image bar does not come back, though.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh crap, now I have that image overlay popup you all were describing and was glad I wasn't in that test group angry

I'm sorry you've got that now. It is miserable. I've just been switched to the other one (black side bar). I wonder how long this will last.

edited August 2023

I have also been swtiched to the side thing.  At least it doesn't pop up any time you move the mouse pointer over the top menu!  But, it takes a click to activate it, and then another click to actually get to the main store page.  I don't see improvement in either setup!  One click forward, two clicks back.

...and still the blue bar at top doesn't move down with you!  Fortunately, I have a very nice Logitech mouse that has a super fast scroll wheel.  Otherwise, I'd likely go batty with scrolling back to the top to use the menu or the gear button!  Although, the Home key still jumps to the top for me.

Post edited by DanaTA on

DanaTA said:

I have also been swtiched to the side thing.  At least it doesn't pop up any time you move the mouse pointer over the top menu!  But, it takes a click to activate it, and then another click to actually get to the main store page.  I don't see improvement in either setup!  One click forward, two clicks back.

...and still the blue bar at top doesn't move down with you!  Fortunately, I have a very nice Logitech mouse that has a super fast scroll wheel.  Otherwise, I'd likely go batty with scrolling back to the top to use the menu or the gear button!  Although, the Home key still jumps to the top for me.

Yes, I'm left handed. I keep my left hand on the mouse and my right hand on the Home key. I hope they don't leave that blue bar the way it is. I want my right had back.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I'm sorry you've got that now. It is miserable. I've just been switched to the other one (black side bar). I wonder how long this will last.

I'm now an image overlay popup test victim. I prefer the black side bar frankly. Daz and Disney should give a seminar entitled, "How to Alienate and Piss Off Your Customers Repeatedly." 

Looks like they swapped everyone's menu choice. Be prepared for a fresh wave of, um-m, "comments"...

they are spreading the love obviously 

broken heart

for looking elsewhere surprise