Website Navigation Update/Testing 2023

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

felis said:

barbult said:

Mine just switched to the single click bar at the top (no big image drop down and no black side bar menu). I much prefer this current state, which resembles the way things used to be before all this A/B/C resting caused navigation to get more difficult. Things are easier again! yes

The blue bar at the top of the forum still keeps scrolling away, though. no

Enjoy it while it last... 

Oh, yes, I am!  I'm hoping they've listened and we are done with foolishness. smiley
    Maybe they will hire someone who can fix the forums. Wouldn't that be heavenly?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

barbult said:

felis said:

barbult said:

Mine just switched to the single click bar at the top (no big image drop down and no black side bar menu). I much prefer this current state, which resembles the way things used to be before all this A/B/C resting caused navigation to get more difficult. Things are easier again! yes

The blue bar at the top of the forum still keeps scrolling away, though. no

Enjoy it while it last... 

Oh, yes, I am!  I'm hoping they've listened and we are done with foolishness. smiley
    Maybe they will hire someone who can fix the forums. Wouldn't that be heavenly?

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce our pilot, Porky Pig. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,416

Richard Haseltine said:

There has ben an occasional issue with new items showing in the main store since the new categories went live - I think items that were through QA but not released may have been missed. The + items have been updated, and today's should now be showing correctly with the filter for + items only checked.

Thank you, Richard.

OMG - I now also have that cumbersome sidebar menu again instead of the handy little dropdown! How long are they going to play this game with us? It should be clear by now that the new shop designs are not particularly well received, right?

• NerevarineNerevarine Posts: 168
    edited August 2023

I woke up today and thought to check Daz. I now have an awful, huge picture bar when I click a category that takes a few seconds to load VS how immediate the previous navigation felt. Took me a solid few minutes to figure out how to get to the forums because I usually click Community -> Forums, but now clicking Community drops me on a generic Community page because I was actually meant to just hover. I was OK with the big long text navigation I had for a while, but not these huge images. Please give your UI/UX team a holiday - this is change for the sake of change and is a step backwards every single time. :(

Post edited by Nerevarine on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

I'm now getting the small drop-downs, and those are good

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,282

Did I mention that I hate the new menu? For constructive criticism and just to illustrate how annoying it is, I marked the only spaces available to make it go away once you accidentaly open it (red rectangles). That's maybe 10% of the screen space? I'm on a PC with a 24" monitor, so it's not the matter of my screen being too small.

dazmenu

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

Maybe everyone at Daz has a 65 inch 8K TV for a monitor.

Hey Daz, you broke your search again.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,027

I tried to use Google Chrome on my MacBook Pro to research something on DAZ today and ran into that infamous drop down menu that others have mentioned. I lost my place in shock. The MBP does not have a large screen, and on the extra monitor it doesn't improve. Trying to figure out what I am doing, with tri-focals is a nightmare. Please, the sidebar is okay, but that drop down is not user friendly. Just get rid of it.

Mary

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,034

fortunately I am now back on the old interface yes

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I just shake my head and think of Captain Mainwaring speaking to Pike cool

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020

I am in a forum,. I press menu item shop. I want to go to the shop. I don't want a slide in menu about how to shop where I have to press shop again. I want the shop. 

• Boooo! back to the naff javascript menu sad

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Well what do you know, the blue bar seems to worksurprise.. here's to hoping it does not change its mind about itenlightened

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,102

Sven Dullah said:

Well what do you know, the blue bar seems to worksurprise.. here's to hoping it does not change its mind about itenlightened

Yes, welcome back Blue Bar :) 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205

Sven Dullah said:

surprise Thank you, web people! That was insanely annoying.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,167

Sven Dullah said:

Yes!  Yay! 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Ah...good to know I'm not alone, THAT would have been terrifyingcheeky

Thanks for fixing literally the blue bar.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited September 2023

....been away for a week on vacation.

The floating Blue Bar returns:  good thing.

Huge graphic banner dropdown when hovering over any of the links in the black bar:  bad thing. 

It reminds me of when MS replaced the simple menu bar with that ridiculous what they called "ribbon" in Office 2006 that took up about a third of the screen (at least you could turn it off). 

ETA:

The big graphic banner at the top of the page went away yesterday [Wednesday] but is back today.  

We need more improved "function", not just flashy "form".

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...apparently all the category icons on product thumbnails in the store have disappeared. 

• kyoto kid said:

...apparently all the category icons on product thumbnails in the store have disappeared. 

Which, on which UI (old-style, side-bar, graphic drop-down)?

Richard Haseltine said:

kyoto kid said:

Which, on which UI (old-style, side-bar, graphic drop-down)?

Side-bar, but the icons remain on Daz Originals and Daz Plus. Hopefully, they are repairing the remaining miscategorization. 

edited September 2023

...it was happening on the newer large graphic drop down for me last night (Saturday)  On individual sale pages (like individual Artist Store promotions) I was seeing just boxes with an "X" in them where the Icons should have been.

Seems to be working OK today.

ETA.

I just looked again and only the DO and Daz+ icons show.  Still no icons for poses, gender, shaders, props, hair environments et,c mostly on newer items but also sporadically as you page through. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • So are these item thumbnails or category thumbnails? The descriptin is not at all clear to me.

• Richard Haseltine said:

So are these item thumbnails or category thumbnails? The descriptin is not at all clear to me.

Category icons

• butterflyfish said:

Richard Haseltine said:

So are these item thumbnails or category thumbnails? The descriptin is not at all clear to me.

Category icons

OK, but where - I see images in the drop-down thingy under Shop for the various top level categories, I don't see icons of placeholders for the sub-categories (where there are any), and those take me to filtered stroe pages which have thumbnails. I'm not sure what the SideBar version shows, but a screenshot of the missing thumbnails would help.

• I managed to get the sidebar in a private window, and didn't see any place for icons next to the categroies under Shop. But these are top-level, they don't have separate categories for Daz Originals and PA items so I am still not sure I understand what is missing, at least for KK.

• Does this help?

missing categories

• Oh, I see - I was thinking the actual product thumbnails. Sorry. Yes, I see the same thing - will report, thank you.