• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited November 2015

Waiting to Ride My Scooter:

Waiting to go for a Ride on The Scooter.png
    600 x 600 - 706K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Sonja11 said:

yes the non cartoon one is much much better than the last one I saw!  I agree with Saphirewild on the cut off point.  And come over and join us on the newbie contest board for this months contest.  Still 10 days left and you will learn a ton! And, its fun lol.

Thanks Sonja11 I have entered 2 renders in the newbie contest and also added a black render to the Oct Challenge. SO I am well on my way I guess with my art!!!! Still loads to learn though for sure.

I have seen you in the newbie challenges and am considering entering the brown challenge this month if I can find the time.  I am sure we will see each other around.  It will be fun to see the imiprovements we make as we go along!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

The textures on my Scooter are IRAY only. It looks to me as if you have rendered in 3Delight as the textures on the scooter don't look right.  They should be shiny and the front light should look like glass.

If you can only render in 3Delight then you must change the textures to 3Delight ones.

If they are supposed to be moving then you should put the stand up - there is a morph which does this.

Hope you don't mind my suggestions, but the rest of the render looks good.

Wilmap said:

The textures on my Scooter are IRAY only. It looks to me as if you have rendered in 3Delight as the textures on the scooter don't look right.  They should be shiny and the front light should look like glass.

If you can only render in 3Delight then you must change the textures to 3Delight ones.

If they are supposed to be moving then you should put the stand up - there is a morph which does this.

Hope you don't mind my suggestions, but the rest of the render looks good.

It is an honor to have you check out my render Wilmap.

I could not find the 3Delight textures in the materials that is why I went with what was there.

I must tell you the title of this pic is Waiting to Ride My Scooter, that is why I left the kick stand down.

TY so much for comming and checking out my render Wilmap and I will try and look for the 3Delight textures again.

edited November 2015

I added to the freebie challenge render and called it Gathering For Singing Time.

I still have not found 3Delight textures file in Materials yet but still going through files now

gathering for singing time.png
    600 x 600 - 691K

I think Wendy meant that you would have to find a different texture that is 3delight to use on the scooter as the textures that come with it are only Iray.  So you could go into your 3delight shaders and shader presets and find either a shiny plastic or shiny metal shader to add to it to get it to look right.  Nice job though!

edited November 2015

Another Render for the "Because I Said So" Challenge

Title: Snowman @ The Bus Stop

This one has no post work

Snowman @ the Bus Stop.png
    600 x 600 - 447K
    edited November 2015

Here is one I was playing with in the new Daz Studio 4.9 to check out all it has

Title: Good Time With Friends

Good Time With Friends.png
    800 x 600 - 784K
    edited November 2015

Here is another one of the same pic with postwork on my PSP9

Title: Dancing With The Stars

Dancing With The Stars.jpg
    600 x 450 - 76K

Nice!

Nice!

thank you so much!! Now I am going to be playing with the light settings, and trying out my found interest in shaders and the mixers

Might even give a go at shaping charactors ect......

Oh I think I am so adicted to Daz!!!! heartwinkdevil

Nice!

thank you so much!! Now I am going to be playing with the light settings, and trying out my found interest in shaders and the mixers

Might even give a go at shaping charactors ect......

Oh I think I am so adicted to Daz!!!! heartwinkdevil

Can't wait to see what you come up with!  I think I agree, i am totally addicted to Daz lol.  so fun!

edited December 2015

Here is a WIP I am putting in the 'Because I said So' Challenge

Title: I Got This Last Year

I got this last Year.png
    600 x 600 - 555K
    I got this last Year2.png
    600 x 600 - 559K

Looks good!  And Christmas is right around the corner

• PandaB5PandaB5 Posts: 250

Your Christmas renders are really great - very colourful and naturally posed.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Not sure I associate shorts and an open shirt with x-mas but otherwise it got a very holiday-y look. :) I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result.

Now some critique. Please remember I'm just a DAZ beginner so don't take it too hard. ;)

The two females catches my attention and not in a good way.  They stand out from the background and look copied in rather than actually being on set. On the second image the woman is also positioned behind the couch on the left but her elbow and knee are showing in front of it. They don't have any shadows either. I think all that is the downside of using a background image rather than an actual set.

I'm also wondering what the man is looking at that is so interesting that it takes his attention away from the ladies. The girl should probably also have a more displeased expression. She's the one complaining about the gift but she looks happiest of the three. Her pose is spot on though. :)

isidorn said:

Not sure I associate shorts and an open shirt with x-mas but otherwise it got a very holiday-y look. :) I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result.

Now some critique. Please remember I'm just a DAZ beginner so don't take it too hard. ;)

The two females catches my attention and not in a good way.  They stand out from the background and look copied in rather than actually being on set. On the second image the woman is also positioned behind the couch on the left but her elbow and knee are showing in front of it. They don't have any shadows either. I think all that is the downside of using a background image rather than an actual set.

I'm also wondering what the man is looking at that is so interesting that it takes his attention away from the ladies. The girl should probably also have a more displeased expression. She's the one complaining about the gift but she looks happiest of the three. Her pose is spot on though. :)

you have some really good points there Isidorn (It is a WIP) I was just giving you all an idea of what I am working on.

I think I am going to put the background on a plane so I can position them all much better and the shadows will come as soon as I gets the rest sorted out I just wanted to get the idea out there so I can work it around to the way I really want it to go, but like I said you ring up some really good points Isidorn about her legs I thinks she should be posed much better in the next renderlaugh

Looks good!  And Christmas is right around the corner

Thanks so much Sonja, Christmas is so my most favorite time of the year for Family and Friends!!!! (And all the treats n Christmas Dinner!!)

PandaB5 said:

Your Christmas renders are really great - very colourful and naturally posed.

Thanks PandaB5 it is still in need of work with shadows n stuff but I really like the consept of a child letting their parents know that "I want something different this year plz" lolz

I so love when ev1 lets me know what they think of my art cause I am so my own worse critic, I think all my work is terrible and needs so much more then what I put into it. Also when you let me know what you do not see in my pics or what you do see in them so I can make them better!!

So Thank you all for the critiques and opinions on my works in progress.

edited December 2015

Here is another WIP I am working on my postwork now with this render and I know I am going to have to do the shadows n stuff but wanted to work on getting the right concept with my postwork in PSP9.

Christmas Portrait of Rob and Crystal.jpg
    716 x 686 - 192K
    Christmas Portrait of Rob and Crystal2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 55K
    Christmas Portrait of Rob and Crystal.png
    600 x 600 - 389K
    Merry Christmas.jpg
    501 x 697 - 93K
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I like the framed cards.  Good job! They could probably do with some smiles on their faces though, especially the man, but otherwise it looks good :)

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Your renders are substantially improving, Christmas renders are lookin fabulous, very colorful.  Merry Christmas title left side is preferred.  Good job, have fun creating/rendering smiley

isidorn said:

I like the framed cards.  Good job! They could probably do with some smiles on their faces though, especially the man, but otherwise it looks good :)

Yes they could look more festive like with some sweet smiles, maybe even some flirting. Thanks Isidorn

awesomefb said:

Your renders are substantially improving, Christmas renders are lookin fabulous, very colorful.  Merry Christmas title left side is preferred.  Good job, have fun creating/rendering smiley

Comming from the master shader makes me feel real good about my renders Thanks so much Awesomefb

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

Aww, thanks friend.  Keep progressing forward, someday soon before ya know it, you'll be a master at Daz 3D smiley  Your welcome, lookin forward to your future updates yes

edited December 2015

TITLE: STEAMPUNK PARTY HOUSE

Made this in Daz Studio and postworked it in PSP9 (Was Made for the Freebie Contest)

Steampunk X-Mas Party House F.png
    797 x 626 - 867K
    edited December 2015

Another Steampunk X-Mas render used for the freebie contest, I am posting from start to finish to show where I did the postwork.

TITLE:STEAMPUNK X-MAS

Start Of Steampunk Render X-Mas.png
    600 x 337 - 386K
    Steampunk Render X-Mas need pw.png
    600 x 337 - 339K
    Steampunk Render X-Mas need pwf.png
    600 x 337 - 357K
    Steampunk Render X-Mas need pw2.png
    600 x 337 - 262K
  • isidorn said:

I have to agree with Isadorn's assessment. The elements d that image do look like they were individually cut out of different pictures and pasted together like a collage. They don't look like a unified image with everything organically within a real environment. Are you composing and renderingu full scenes or renderi ng individual pieces and compositing them in post work?

I have rendered it all together with an image bacground I now I have to fiddle with it more and have done so for the because I said so contest!!!

edited December 2015

Another render playing with lighting

Title: Fun Times At Home

Fun Times At Home.png
    600 x 480 - 517K
    edited December 2015

Here is the finished render of The contest render for "Because I said so"

Title: SInging "Daddy I Got This Last Year"

Singing I Got This Last Year Daddy.png
    600 x 480 - 455K
    edited December 2015

This is one I did for the "Render a Month Challenge"

Dragon Fight.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    Fantastic render @Saphirewild, very dramatic. My only suggestion on this one would be to have maybe used a few point lights set to the colour of the flames you've used to give the impression of the light from the flame :)