The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107

Is it just me or does the Unforgetable character look similar to Sean Connery?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

McGyver said:

Complaint: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

Without getting into details, this has been a trying, frustrating and exhausting friggin' few months... actually pretty much the whole friggin' year hasn't been a much of a hoot... I feel like a sack of cats that someone was just swinging around... and there's not a damned thing to do about it.

sad 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited September 2023

McGyver said:

Without getting into details, this has been a trying, frustrating and exhausting friggin' few months... actually pretty much the whole friggin' year hasn't been a much of a hoot... I feel like a sack of cats that someone was just swinging around... and there's not a damned thing to do about it.

...been there before several times.

Hang in there. 

{{{{{{{{hugz}}}}}}}}

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Sfariah D said:

I thought so, too! 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,725
    It is a very uncannery resemblance.
  • DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

I thought so, too! 

Hence the Editorial License.

Richard Haseltine said:

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

I thought so, too! 

Hence the Editorial License.

Thanks for pointing that out to us. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited September 2023

Non-complaint:  Marmaduke news:  Well, as promised, the land owner has removed the building, dug up the concrete, filled in the hole, pulled out the sign posts, spread a layer of topsoil, and the "Wilson's Whirl-In" ice-cream restaurant next door is completely gone.  I talked with the current owner and he mentioned that he has an original sign from the "Whirl-In" that mentions its connection to the "Marmaduke" comic strip.  I haven't seen it, because he says it's buried behind miscellaneous farm stuff in his barn, but at least I know I wasn't imagining the connection.  The artist Brad Anderson did know the Wilsons and I went to school with the Wilson's kids.  And just yesterday, I came across a couple year old news article about his son Paul Anderson who, has taken over the comic strip, has honored another independent ice-cream place.  I guess he got the idea from dad 50 years ago.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sdut-marmaduke-comic-visits-pepper-tree-frosty-2016jan26-story.html

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

McGyver said:

It's kind of hard to know what to say without knowing what happened. And even knowng what happened, I wouldn't know what to say. I do think the world is such that anybody who is in their right mind would be very upset or depressed if they looked at reality. But I'm pretty good at detaching from reality when it's reasobanly safe. That helps.

edited September 2023

Complaint: No new posts since the 18th?!?!

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

DanaTA said:

Everything in the world has been fixed, nothing to complain anymore laugh 

PerttiA said:

DanaTA said:

laugh   laugh  laugh  

If only...

edited September 2023

PerttiA said:

...and if anybody believes that, I have still have a few bridges left here in Portland for sale. Need the cash, spent too much on the PA sale (which with all the extra discounts I got was one of the best sales events in a long time). 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited September 2023

PerttiA said:

DanaTA said:

Gateway error...double post!

Post edited by DanaTA on

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

...and if anybody believes that, I have still have a few bridges left here in Portland for sale. 

Do you deliver to Finland? 

...dismantling and shipping costs not included..

PerttiA said:

DanaTA said:

I think we've got some clues to the location of the misplaced parrot... 

edited September 2023

Non-complaint:  Baking cookies today!  Yay!  Chocolate chip oatmeal.  Mmmmm...  cookies.yes  Diet, what diet?cheeky 

No further info on misplaced parrot.indecision

edited September 2023

NylonGirl said:

PerttiA said:

DanaTA said:

I think we've got some clues to the location of the misplaced parrot... 

Good place for parrots cheeky

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/21/top-10-happiest-countries-in-the-world-2023.html

Happy.JPG
    949 x 188 - 36K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Complaint: A tropical storm is coming here tomorrow and Saturday. Winds may be near hurricane strength with heavy rains.

• soooo Adelaide is the Ice (Meth) capital of the world but parrots also seem to love it cheeky

especially when it comes to stripping my almond tree, I haven't had a single almond off it in the 18 years I have lived in this house

• LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Baking cookies today!  Yay!  Chocolate chip oatmeal.  Mmmmm...  cookies.yes  Diet, what diet?cheeky 

No further info on misplaced parrot.indecision

I know how you feel; I bought a cheesecake mix and a cake mix with chocolate frosting, so much more money was saved. However, I couldn't find my pie pan anywhere, after an hour of looking I found only a bunt cake pan. I got them a box I haven't unpacked in 16 years. sad

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

...and if anybody believes that, I have still have a few bridges left here in Portland for sale. Need the cash, spent too much on the PA sale (which with all the extra discounts I got was one of the best sales events in a long time). 

I feel that;  every time I look at my wishlist its another bundle of 80% off's  and  even though it's like a few dollars or < 10  it adds up quick over time xD 

DanaTA said:

I guess I wasn't on the computer or at least on these forums since Monday?

I paid $3 each for two cups.  My landlord wanted me to throw them out.  I don't know why other than he can?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

think of it as green toxic sludge

• Non-complaint:   A good day.  All the cookies were done to perfection.  4.5 dozen.yes  Two dozen for family reunion on Saturday, one dozen for neighbors, 1.5 dozen for ME.devil

Complaint:  Tomorrow is a long Uber trip to Buffalo for final eye surgeon inspection of my reattached retina.frown​ Then Uber back too.crying  Two hours up.  An hour at the doctors.  Two hours back.  I should be home by mid-afternoon.

Non-complaint:  I'm no expert, but my eye looks OK from the inside looking out.  And a bonus, all my floaters are gone too.smiley  Good job doc!yes  

frank0314 said:

I seem to have missed something.  What is this about? 

edited September 2023

DanaTA said:

frank0314 said:

I seem to have missed something.  What is this about? 

Not my cookies, I hope!surprise  I'd let you try one, but I don't have a C/BTI device (Cookie/Biscuit Through Internet).wink

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited September 2023

I ate a whole bigass tub of berry yoghurt (half a litre) with a punnet of fresh blueberries added to it

it was the probiotic variety but I don't think that made that healthy devil

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
This discussion has been closed.