The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited September 2023

Complaint:  Arghhh..., I just got a note from my insurance company that, beginning in January, my Urologist is no longer in my "Plan" and my costs will be higher.  Oh joy.angry  Thank heavens that he's already scraped out all of my prostate.frown  Perhaps it really is time to consider shopping for a new Medicare Advantage Plan.  Too bad I didn't have one with a dental rider for the molar crown I need.sad

'Nother complaint:  Hayfever.  Blah, I never had hay fever until I got old.  Lived in Florida for decades with all of its various pollens all year round and never had a problem, but once I hit 70 my nose started wonking out on me.no  I should buy stock in the Kleenex company.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • my hayfever went away

had it badly until mid 40's then it just ...stopped 

I have recently realised I might have exercise induced asthma though 

I thought it was normal for your lungs to burn and to gasp for air after running because I was unfit, but apparently not everyone does 

• LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

frank0314 said:

think of it as green toxic sludge

I seem to have missed something.  What is this about? 

Not my cookies, I hope!surprise  I'd let you try one, but I don't have a C/BTI device (Cookie/Biscuit Through Internet).wink

I thought you could email those. You know, like French USB Wine On Tap

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Complaint; had a file system error on a 64GB USB stick and decided to do a non-quick format... Has been running for an hour and forty minutes and it's not even halfway done...

edited September 2023

USB 2 or 3? Probably a 3 but there might have been some big 2's still hanging around.  Yeah, full format clears each sector as it formats, and I think it checks to see if worked.  Takes a long time, especially with USB2.

Non-complaint:  Eye surgeon is happy.  Didn't even charge me.  I am happy.  And I didn't have to use Uber to get there & back.yes   

Complaint:  Now if these damn dilating drops would wear off, so that I'm not blinded by a chance glance out the window.  Arghhhhh....frown

LeatherGryphon said:

USB 2 or 3? Probably a 3 but there might have been some big 2's still hanging around.  Yeah, full format clears each sector as it formats, and I think it checks to see if worked.  Takes a long time, especially with USB2.

Non-complaint:  Eye doctor is happy.  I am happy.  And I didn't have to use Uber to get there & back.yes  

USB 3, full format. Took 3 hours to complete. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

AgitatedRiot said:

LeatherGryphon said:

DanaTA said:

frank0314 said:

think of it as green toxic sludge

I seem to have missed something.  What is this about? 

Not my cookies, I hope!surprise  I'd let you try one, but I don't have a C/BTI device (Cookie/Biscuit Through Internet).wink

I thought you could email those. You know, like French USB Wine On Tap

...tried that once (not intentionally) and killed a notebook computer.  

• LOL kyoto kid

My Complaint: My wife went out today. I said Honey, get a pie pan when you are out so we can have the CheeseCake I bought the other day..I woke from my nap wanting Cheesecake, and she looked at me and said you look pale; I said I feel pale. She goes are you alright? No, I said I can't make Cheesecake. She didn't come back with the pie pan. So, no Cheesecake

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

Tomorrow's going to be super hectic.  Moving Day is rapidly coming up upon us and what I can tell is the vast majority of the remaining packing and sifting through things will be done tomorrow. I've since gotten nearly all of my stuff packed away before the first week of September ended,  leaving more or less only the things I'm actively using - like my computer and some select plushes - remaining unpacked. 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,725

PerttiA said:

Complaint; had a file system error on a 64GB USB stick and decided to do a non-quick format... Has been running for an hour and forty minutes and it's not even halfway done...

Can you even do that with flash memory? I mean, what if even though the formatter is selecting different sectors, the USB drive is internally just selecting whatever sector it thinks is best to write that data? Since it's not being filled up, there would be no guarantee it wrote to every sector, as opposed to whichever sectors are the least worn. I don't know if flash memory fails the same way as a regular hard drive. Maybe it would mark its own bad sectors if it can't read them. And the CHKDSK thing can fix filesystem errors without taking three hours.

NylonGirl said:

PerttiA said:

Can you even do that with flash memory? I mean, what if even though the formatter is selecting different sectors, the USB drive is internally just selecting whatever sector it thinks is best to write that data? Since it's not being filled up, there would be no guarantee it wrote to every sector, as opposed to whichever sectors are the least worn. I don't know if flash memory fails the same way as a regular hard drive. Maybe it would mark its own bad sectors if it can't read them. And the CHKDSK thing can fix filesystem errors without taking three hours.

It's a storage drive like any other. I wanted to do full format, so that it would check the space for errors, but didn't realize how long it would take. 

• Complaint: A month on from getting COVID, just getting up is exhausting. Driving 425 mile round trip to test some aluminium honeycomb energy absorber to see how strong it is, was so far beyond exhausting I don't know how I did it. Felt like the living dead on the way back. Youngest brat is having her second set of antibiotics to get rid of COVID induced pneumonia. She's only 24. Regards, Richard.
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited September 2023

Complaint: I get all my ingredients for a cake out, walk into my office for ten minutes, and my wife puts everything away. I asked her why she put it away, and she said she was cleaning the kitchen, and it was in the way. I say we won't get cake today; it's in the way. Of course, I will bake the cake (since she didn't get a pie pan for the cheesecake) (Me and that Cheesecakelaugh), but she doesn't need to know.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107

Where is my date?  I am at Chick-fil-a waiting for my date.  I don't want to order my food without him.

• Could he be somewhere else, like 'Bloke-a-fill'? Regards, Richard.
    edited September 2023

richardandtracy said:

Could he be somewhere else, like 'Bloke-a-fill'? Regards, Richard.

Rofl, That's Just Mean. At least he isn't at McBrokes ordering a McFish and chips. 

edited September 2023

Non-complaint:  Family reunion went well, nobody collapsed, nobody argued, generally it was all a good time.yes   I took 2 dozen of my chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and I baked a big batch of scalloped potatoes, a big three quart casserole dish and a two quart dish.  I kept the the smaller one, and took the larger one to the reunion.  And of course, every other household chef came with armfulls of their own best recipes.  Mmmm... piles of homemade delights.heart

Complaint:  Too much food!surprise  half of the scalloped potatoes came back with me, and of the 2 dozen cookies(which several people exclaimed how good they were), half of them also came home with me (although why they broke them all in half I'll never knowwink)   The cookies I can freeze, along with the rest of the batch already in the freezer.  But I'm going to be eating a lot of scalloped potatoes for the next week.frown​  Who knew that a half-dozen 75+ year old people and a crowd of their 50 year old children & 30 year old grandchildren could bake so much and eat so little.indecision  

Non-complaint:  Mmmm... scalloped potatoes for breakfast.yes

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,725

LeatherGryphon said:

Who knew that a half-dozen 75+ year old people and a crowd of their 50 year old children & 30 year old grandchildren could bake so much and eat so little.indecision  

If your 30 year olds are anything like the 30 year olds in my family, they're probably at home right now starving and wondering why they didn't bring home more scalloped potatoes. But they might be able to survive if they can figure out which combination has the best flavor between the (half chocolate chip/half peanut butter) and the (half peanut butter/halfsnickerdoodle) frankenstein cookies they've built from the pieces they brought home.

• edited September 2023

Sorta Complaint: Son did visit. We didn't have all the wood for outdoor steps but Son & Husband did make a "stepstool" that Labrador retriever can use to get on the couch & loveseat. Lab: "WTF is this? I don't like it. Is in the way of me getting on couch which is hard enough as is." Several days later he is still treating it as an obstacle. Not sure how to get him to use it other than praise him if he accidentally puts a paw on it.

Complaint: Have to go into work today for a half shift and there are these horrible things called Customers. 

Defintely Not Complaints: 1. Son took a swing blade to taller grasses and weeds on the near portion of the clay/rock logging road on our land where I like to walk the dogs. 2. Son wore Collie out with long walks and wrestling.

Doggos' Complaint: Son went back home & they miss him lots because Son is Most Wonderfulest Bestest Human Evah. 

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
    edited September 2023

NylonGirl said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Who knew that a half-dozen 75+ year old people and a crowd of their 50 year old children & 30 year old grandchildren could bake so much and eat so little.indecision  

If your 30 year olds are anything like the 30 year olds in my family, they're probably at home right now starving and wondering why they didn't bring home more scalloped potatoes. But they might be able to survive if they can figure out which combination has the best flavor between the (half chocolate chip/half peanut butter) and the (half peanut butter/halfsnickerdoodle) frankenstein cookies they've built from the pieces they brought home.

The problem with the excess cookies at our reunion was that there were no 10 year olds and not enough people without diabetes, there to suck up all the cookies.indecision 

Also, I forgot to mention my signature dish, that people always comment on(good or bad).  I open and drain two small jars of Gia brand, artichoke hearts packed in olive oil.  The drained hearts are then stuck with a colorful wooden toothpick, and neatly arranged on a deviled egg tray so that the still dripping olive oil pools into the egg shaped depressions and they don't slide all around like they would on a flat plate when moving them to the banquet table.  Makes a nice hors-d'oeurves presentation.  Fortunately, despite a few people recognizing the treat and indulging, the more timid or naive, simply ignore it.  Which means that after opening two expensive jars of the stuff, I get to repack one jar full and take it home to treat myself with, inbetween cookies and scalloped potatoes.  Mmmm... artichoke hearts.yes

Interesting factoid:  Artichokes are not a fruit, not a vegetable, not a seed, not a pod, not a leaf, not a stem, not a root, they are a huge flower bud.surprise

I tried picturing a potential render of a male character of mine.  He was nude but I had to follow the TOS by having him hold a pillow infront of his hip area.  I haven't decided which figure I am going to use to make him.  or what pillow to use to avoid adding the geographed part.

• I just eat artichoke hearts straight from the jar with a fork

why wash crockery

edited September 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I just eat artichoke hearts straight from the jar with a fork

Well, at least you're not using your fingers.  But the little colored wooden toothpics add such elegance and savoir-faire.devil  And besides, it's a wooden stake through the heart.  Gotta make sure it's dead before serving it to guests.indecision

edited September 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I just eat artichoke hearts straight from the jar with a fork

why wash crockery

I am a Hillbilly; I eat them with my fingers. 

New image in gallery :D

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...very colourful. 

• Complaint: Sleep study equipment only works while standing; lay down a blinking red light for the oxygen meter. How can I even trust the first night of study? I was fast asleep Friday night, and the equipment didn't work Saturday night. Tonight, it's the same thing.

Why is it a bad idea to eat a whole box of snack cakes in one day?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Sfariah D said:

Cause then they are all gone .......and  lots of calories you have to burn off .....

carrie58 said:

Sfariah D said:

Cause then they are all gone .......and  lots of calories you have to burn off .....

Plus you won't have any for later if they're all gone in one sitting!

This discussion has been closed.