The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,726

PerttiA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Speaking of rolling orangutan lumberjacks:  Um..., just um.indecision  But now for something completely different: 

A Ponderable:  Entanglement:   OK, picture it, given that entanglement is real (i.e. Nobel Prize level of real), what point of view can we take to attempt to explain it?  I suggest that two entangled particles, created by some event common in their past, the particles become separated in space but are short-circuited in time, and react instantaneously to events on either particle.  Yeah, that's a big bite to chew on, but so far, it's the only point of view that I can even start to wrap my head around.  To me this implies that spacetime is not the maleable continuous fluid Einstein tried to make it but is pierceable, or bypassable from other dimensions**.  Are there cracks in spacetime?  There's also a lot of talk about entanglement being the cause of nano-wormholes and of them knitting the Universe together, manifesting as gravity and spacetime itself.  What an interesting period of time in physics.smiley  Are we ready for a paradigm shift bigger than Newton or Einstein?

**Note:  I don't like the idea of extra dimensions.  It seems to me that one can solve any problem if one throws enough dimensions at it.frown  Nope, don't like extra dimensions at all.  And don't get me started on String Theory and multiple universes.  How many dimensions is "M-Theory" up to now, 11?  cheeky 

But multiple universes are real if one starts thinking about it, there are at least as many universes as there are people on the earth.

One just cannot know, how the person next to one sees and experiences the world, maybe their sky is scarlet which they call blue, their planet is really flat and anyone that speaks a different language has pointed ears and fangs.

This is kind of the way I view the situation. I don't think there are many dimensions with many versions of everything. I think everybody sees the same things through different lenses. 

McGyver said:

NylonGirl said:

Just reading all of that makes me want to take our cats for a wellness check.

True... I forgot to mention that... cats are very enthusiastic about their music and one really should make sure they are healthy before giving them musical instruments like electric guitars and drum sets... they will exhaust themselves playing and it's best they be healthy enough to engage in this pursuit... I didn't mention it, but that was another reason I bought my cat a flamethrower instead of a new saxophone, a flamethrower is a lot less physically challenging than a sax, and my cat was by that point getting on in years.

Like me, they seem to draw energy from their nuttiness, and perhaps have some youth left. My major concern is if they do too much headbanging, it might have some longterm side effect such as producing a "greatest hits" album when the band only released one album.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2023

in spite of missing 9 teeth including a canine, Lucy killed a mouse under my bed.

Good job little kitty but WTF I have mice in my House?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Complaint: It got down to near freezing tonight, so the yellow jackets all decided they should come inside to get warm. We've found 8 or 9 of them tonight, and at least one is still somewhere in my bedroom. Everyone else is asleep, and I can't find it. Which is why I'm awake at 3:00 am. It's supposed to be even colder tomorrow night, down to below freezing. I really hope they all freeze to death. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

PerttiA said:

Complaint; Some 3 inches of snow had fallen during the night, it's probably going to melt as it's raining now but I still don't like it.

...there was just over an inch of snow in my old hometown of Milwaukee, WI today.  Snow this early and sometimes well into the next spring is why I moved from Wisconsin many, many years ago 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

Complaint; Some 3 inches of snow had fallen during the night, it's probably going to melt as it's raining now but I still don't like it.

...there was just over an inch of snow in my old hometown of Milwaukee, WI today.  Snow this early and sometimes well into the next spring is why I moved from Wisconsin many, many years ago 

Yeah, it isn't often that we get snow this early either. Here at the SW coast of Finland, the first show comes maybe at the end of November and if we are 'lucky' we get white Christmas, but it may take until beginning of January before it stays.

• any years ago 

Yeah, it isn't often that we get snow this early either. Here at the SW coast of Finland, the first show comes maybe at the end of November and if we are 'lucky' we get white Christmas, but it may take until beginning of January before it stays.

Yeah, that was an interesting thing to wake up to yesterday in Manse. And even with forewarning the day before, the plows still didn't make it out until mid-afternoon...

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited November 2023

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

Well, whoever threw the snow at Milwaukee, is a poor shot.  There's about an inch of white stuff on the ground outside my kitchen window, and it ain't pidgeon poop (again). indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited November 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

in spite of missing 9 teeth including a canine, Lucy killed a mouse under my bed.

Good job little kitty but WTF I have mice in my House?

How cruel.  Why would kitty kill a toothless old mouse?  Do you often examine the teeth of dead mice.  Weird.surprise 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

marcus.ames said:

Yeah, that was an interesting thing to wake up to yesterday in Manse. And even with forewarning the day before, the plows still didn't make it out until mid-afternoon...

I was patting myself on the back as I had changed tires on monday. It would have been an adventure to drive to work yesterday at 06:30 on summer tires through virgin snow.
    Plows don't come until late afternoon here in the woods outside 'Uki'

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Interesting theories... and I also enjoyed his dinosaur hunting exploits in his younger days...

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

ah, but we all know it was Baldric that killed off the dinosaurs with his underwear...(apparently with the stench)

edited November 2023

McGyver said:

Interesting theories... and I also enjoyed his dinosaur hunting exploits in his younger days...

Well, if he handles time travel that well, his theories must have some gravity.yes(*groan*) 

Now, how about a Penrose meme.indecision   https://makeagif.com/i/DsHMmC

edited November 2023

NylonGirl said:

PerttiA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Speaking of rolling orangutan lumberjacks:  Um..., just um.indecision  But now for something completely different: 

A Ponderable:  Entanglement:   OK, picture it, given that entanglement is real (i.e. Nobel Prize level of real), what point of view can we take to attempt to explain it?  I suggest that two entangled particles, created by some event common in their past, the particles become separated in space but are short-circuited in time, and react instantaneously to events on either particle.  Yeah, that's a big bite to chew on, but so far, it's the only point of view that I can even start to wrap my head around.  To me this implies that spacetime is not the maleable continuous fluid Einstein tried to make it but is pierceable, or bypassable from other dimensions**.  Are there cracks in spacetime?  There's also a lot of talk about entanglement being the cause of nano-wormholes and of them knitting the Universe together, manifesting as gravity and spacetime itself.  What an interesting period of time in physics.smiley  Are we ready for a paradigm shift bigger than Newton or Einstein?

**Note:  I don't like the idea of extra dimensions.  It seems to me that one can solve any problem if one throws enough dimensions at it.frown  Nope, don't like extra dimensions at all.  And don't get me started on String Theory and multiple universes.  How many dimensions is "M-Theory" up to now, 11?  cheeky 

But multiple universes are real if one starts thinking about it, there are at least as many universes as there are people on the earth.

One just cannot know, how the person next to one sees and experiences the world, maybe their sky is scarlet which they call blue, their planet is really flat and anyone that speaks a different language has pointed ears and fangs.

This is kind of the way I view the situation. I don't think there are many dimensions with many versions of everything. I think everybody sees the same things through different lenses. 

Hmmm..., that makes the case for not-real Universes, all of themsurprise, and if so, then absolutely no one has a claim on absolute reality.  But a lot of us agree on a great many things, if just to make our lives simpler.indecision It is perhaps our agreements that prop up the idea of anything actually being real.  Hmmm...  Thank brains that we invented photography to put an anchor on reality.  However, we now seem to be agreeing that we can't even believe that anymore.frown  Does a head-in-the-ground ostrich avoid the lion?

LeatherGryphon said:

NylonGirl said:

Hmmm..., that makes the case for not-real Universes, all of themsurprise, and if so, then absolutely no one has a claim on absolute reality.  But a lot of us agree on a great many things, if just to make our lives simpler.indecision It is perhaps our agreements that prop up the idea of anything actually being real.  Hmmm...  Thank brains that we invented photography to put an anchor on reality.  However, we now seem to be agreeing that we can't even believe that anymore.frown  Does a head-in-the-ground ostrich avoid the lion?

Ah yes... well... I don't know. I guess I kind of think there is an absolute reality. Just that all of us see it differently, and maybe none of us see it exactly as it is. So maybe there is no reality for us because none of us actually experience the absolute truth. And everything we do experience is so subjective... But I think those things, regardless of how differently we see them, do exist. Kind of like that philosopher, I think his name was Play-Doh. Yes. And his theory of Forms.  You can't see the Forms. But everything you see is an impression of them.

• oh I definitely see a different reality to many, I am a bit neurodivergent which is a spectrum of diversity in itself

some get quite hostile when I focus on a different point to them when presented the same input

they don't like their world view being disrespected and I honestly cannot help it I am looking out a different window and cannot see what they can

edited November 2023

Non-complaint:  No snow this morning, gonna be a good day.  It's laundry day!  Wheee...   I get to leave my cave, do laundry and have breakfast at BurgerKing, then toddle over to the drugstore, and, and, ..., well, that's just about it.  My life is soooo, exciting.indecision  

Complaint:  Arghhh... I forgot to charge my phone last night.  Gotta have the phone to call an Uber to get home.  I have enough charge, but no extra.  Doing a charge until the bus comes in 20 minutes.  It's these little thrills that keep my heart twitching.indecision

edited November 2023

LeatherGryphon said:

Well, if he handles time travel that well, his theories must have some gravity.yes(*groan*) 

That was an actual mid to late 90s videogame, not one of my dumb photoshopping nonsenses... I believe it was by Acclaim or Activison... probably was for the Super Nintendo console.

I know you are more of a Myst guy, so you probably missed that one... Get it... Myst... Missed... 

Ow... I felt the collective side-eye from that one.

Still it was not as bad as the Heisenberg Zombie Slayer* game, but that was a Intellivision game and the graphics were awful.

You might enjoy Schrödinger's Cat And The Raiders Of The Lost Quark** though... it's a funny-clever puzzle game as I've been led to believe by emails and a friend, but have yet to try it.

*Which I just made up, but may or may not exist in parallel timelines which may or may not exist.

**Which is definitely real and not made up

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107

I keep getting scam texts saying that my USPS package has arrived somewhere but I need to confirm my address.  It makes no sense.  USPS doesn't text people about packages.  They don't use personal numbers to text this crap.  I hate these scam attempts.

• Complaint: Roses died; if I'm lucky, and if it warms enough, I'll get one more bloom. There are still tiny buds all over it. Neighbors died about a month ago. They didn't prune theirs at all this year. Mine had blooms all year long. All the neighbors lost their flowers a ways back. I told them to stage the plants with different seasonal blooming plants.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh I definitely see a different reality to many, I am a bit neurodivergent which is a spectrum of diversity in itself

some get quite hostile when I focus on a different point to them when presented the same input

they don't like their world view being disrespected and I honestly cannot help it I am looking out a different window and cannot see what they can

I think most of us in here are neuro-something..

• NylonGirl said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh I definitely see a different reality to many, I am a bit neurodivergent which is a spectrum of diversity in itself

laugh 

• NylonGirl said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

laugh 

edited November 2023

OMG:  The trees here are getting naked!surprise

But back to cosmological conundrums.  I was going to propose a ponderable about the recent experiments that imply that light can time travel, but after learning of it ... 

• I must go to the hardware store to pick up a brain Fuse. After that, my brain is shorting out. Does enlighten people though.wink

• AgitatedRiot said:

I must go to the hardware store to pick up a brain Fuse. After that, my brain is shorting out. Does enlighten people though.wink

I ordered online and did a typo, drain fuse

so now mine's full of ... 

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited November 2023

May I interject here? Since July battling Windows !! and it's artificial  idiot the  'Cloud', and now a new build is likely to reinstall that idiot cloud, and now also a new DAZ studio version. I just stsrted to reinstall products on this new machine, and try to re acquaint myself on how to compose. I call it the idiot, because it doesn't just suck up files unasked, it separates the files within the products, so really can't download usefully. plus it wants payment for the Tthousands of files it sucked up, which is unnecessary since they are from DAZ cloud. i'm not a computer whiz, prefer to play with DAZ not chase around memorysucking 'apps'. BTW my solution to getting rid of active Cloud is to not pay the subscription! presto it stopped.

Post edited by IceScribe on
  • IceScribe said:

May I interject here? Since July battling Windows !! and it's artificial  idiot the  'Cloud', and now a new build is likely to reinstall that idiot cloud, and now also a new DAZ studio version. I just stsrted to reinstall products on this new machine, and try to re acquaint myself on how to compose. I call it the idiot, because it doesn't just suck up files unasked, it separates the files within the products, so really can't download usefully. plus it wants payment for the Tthousands of files it sucked up, which is unnecessary since they are from DAZ cloud. i'm not a computer whiz, prefer to play with DAZ not chase around memorysucking 'apps'. BTW my solution to getting rid of active Cloud is to not pay the subscription! presto it stopped.

OneDrive?

Sfariah D said:

I keep getting scam texts saying that my USPS package has arrived somewhere but I need to confirm my address.  It makes no sense.  USPS doesn't text people about packages.  They don't use personal numbers to text this crap.  I hate these scam attempts.

Your UPSS package just arrived here and I need you confirm your address and the last four digits of your social security number... also the middle two... your blood type and lastly your favorite brand of spray cheese and the first three digits of your social security number... also my friend the Nigerian prince needs you to hold some money for him... it's a simple thing that only requires most of your financial information... nothing much, just the important stuff... Also humble Apple Corporation texted me that you Windows PC has much virus and if you don't pay truly $500 in iTunes card the department of Police Activity will impound your family with they have whole detained in the place of Mexico for serious misconduct in illegal possession to forbidden of unqualified package duster for hamburgers at rooster bicycle at half rooster salad Monday.

Thank you with much gratitude toaster.

Zebra mittens.

AgitatedRiot said:

I must go to the hardware store to pick up a brain Fuse. After that, my brain is shorting out. Does enlighten people though.wink

I stuck a penny in the socket... it bridges the gap and no more buying fuses... brain melts a lot, but it's cheap and efficient as long as you keep a fire extinguisher handy.

This discussion has been closed.