The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• Paramount pus does seem an appropriate home for a programme named Evil. (Yes, I know, people who live in glass houses....)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,214
    edited September 2023

People who live in two-story grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.blush

Non-complaint:  Back from my mini-adventure trip around the lake.  Finally found a place to eat that wasn't closed, crowded, or expensive.  We got there just in time.  Lots of motorcycles parked outside, but they were at the bar next door, but shortly after we arrived at 1:30, the restaurant got crowded and too busy for the two poor waitresses.  Good burger though!yes  Big, had to bring half of it home with me.smiley  Stopped at an ice cream place for a couple of sundaes.heart  Then stopped at an honor-system farm produce stand, for a couple ears of sweet corn.  All in all, a good day, so far.indecision  Oh, and when we came out of the restaurant we realized that all the people in there now were part of an antique car show, because there were many many old interesting cars parked outside.  Ah, memories.smiley

Complaint:  When we arrived at the cheese shop, I asked for some Blue Cheese of some sort and she said, she'd just sold her last quarter wheel to the customer before me.  Arghhhh...frown  But I did pick up some "English Sage" cheese with an interesting taste & smell.  I also got some mango something or other cheese that is sweet & spreadable, good for crackers or Triscuits.  Mmmm...yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Paramount pus does seem an appropriate home for a programme named Evil. (Yes, I know, people who live in glass houses....)

I would have to say that Evil is more of a fantasy. I love it, Wife, so no, no way I'm up—especially the mosquito demon.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

People who live in glass houses should only use the basement bathroom... please. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760
    edited September 2023

What are these hair styles called?]

Do they work with Genesis 8-9

Izzy.png
    490 x 609 - 622K
    izzy2.png
    639 x 747 - 994K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,568

Complaint; The motherboard of my home computer died yesterday and had only the television to keep me company.

Not a surprice though, it has been having problems for the past 5 years. First it started loosing SATA ports and lately only 4 out of 10 were working but as it had lots of USB ports, I could move the disks to USB.
    On Saturday, it started acting up and I had to recycle power some 20+ times before I got it started and when I was shutting it down on Monday morning, it wasn't shutting down by it's own - When I got back home yesterday, no amount of recycling power got it up anymore. Swapped the PSU, GPU and RAM, but nothing helped.

Luckily I have an other motherboard with the same chipset, but it has been sitting on my shelf a "while".
    Today I'm going to see if I get the computer working again.

edited September 2023

Complaint:  [Sigh] my pappa-bear computer that I use for DAZing, and games, has been crashing, with clues that indicate memory and/or GPU problems.  I've tried the lastest drivers, a  couple of times, and even completely removed all previous graphics drivers and reinstalled the current one without incident but it hasn't helped.  However it only fails when I'm gaming, so what does that tell me?  IDK.indecision

Non-complaint:  I'm on a roll.surprise two mini-adventures in as many days!yes  This morning I took the one and only bus that goes through here, to the laundromat.  Had breakfast at BurgerKing.  Did not get hassled by riff-raff at the laundromat(priceless), and an Uber home.  Wheee... clean clothes again.

Complaint:  Somewhere along the line today I got short changed $5.  Twasn't the laundromat where I used only coins.  Had to be the BurgerKing.  I paid for breakfast with a $100 bill but didn't check my change carefully.sad  I had balanced my budget spreadsheet last night after yesterday's mini-adventure.  And I counted, and knew exactly how much cash I had in my wallet when I started this morning.  I had $107(100+5+1+1) total (no coins) with me, I used $4 to get the laundry washing machines started, then went to breakfast.  The dryers took 7 quarters ($1.75).  However, when I got home and entered my costs for the day, I was $5 short.  I hate when that happens.angry  I think I'm going to add a new rule to surviving old age:  "Count your change!".frown

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

Complaint: Manufacturers need to stop using spray-on or co-molded rubber finishes... I'm sick of stuff turning into a sticky unusable mess after a few months... it's particularly bad with stuff like flashlights, kitchen knives, hairbrushes and control knobs... it's basic material knowledge, urethane rubbers and ABS or PVC are not compatible in contact with each other... Period... After a while the plastics start to break down the coating, making it sticky.

Nobody is asking for this crap... how much traction do you need on a volume dial? Are people so sweaty and greasy they can't turn a knob properly without a nonslip surface?

If I have to strip that crap off one more product or part, I'm gonna go postal... and I hate wearing those shorts and that stupid pith helmet.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,357
    edited September 2023

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  [Sigh] my pappa-bear computer that I use for DAZing, and games, has been crashing, with clues that indicate memory and/or GPU problems.  I've tried the lastest drivers, a  couple of times, and even completely removed all previous graphics drivers and reinstalled the current one without incident but it hasn't helped.  However it only fails when I'm gaming, so what does that tell me?  IDK.indecision

Non-complaint:  I'm on a roll.surprise two mini-adventures in as many days!yes  This morning I took the one and only bus that goes through here, to the laundromat.  Had breakfast at BurgerKing.  Did not get hassled by riff-raff at the laundromat(priceless), and an Uber home.  Wheee... clean clothes again.

Complaint:  Somewhere along the line today I got short changed $5.  Twasn't the laundromat where I used only coins.  Had to be the BurgerKing.  I paid for breakfast with a $100 bill but didn't check my change carefully.sad  I had balanced my budget spreadsheet last night after yesterday's mini-adventure.  And I counted, and knew exactly how much cash I had in my wallet when I started this morning.  I had $107(100+5+1+1) total (no coins) with me, I used $4 to get the laundry washing machines started, then went to breakfast.  The dryers took 7 quarters ($1.75).  However, when I got home and entered my costs for the day, I was $5 short.  I hate when that happens.angry  I think I'm going to add a new rule to surviving old age:  "Count your change!".frown

What about the uber? Maybe you had two bills stuck together whwen you paid them 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • McGyver said:

Complaint: Manufacturers need to stop using spray-on or co-molded rubber finishes... I'm sick of stuff turning into a sticky unusable mess after a few months... it's particularly bad with stuff like flashlights, kitchen knives, hairbrushes and control knobs... it's basic material knowledge, urethane rubbers and ABS or PVC are not compatible in contact with each other... Period... After a while the plastics start to break down the coating, making it sticky.

Nobody is asking for this crap... how much traction do you need on a volume dial? Are people so sweaty and greasy they can't turn a knob properly without a nonslip surface?

If I have to strip that crap off one more product or part, I'm gonna go postal... and I hate wearing those shorts and that stupid pith helmet.

My sticky hairbrush and I wholeheartedly agree.  

edited September 2023

Uber is all electronic ordering and financing including tip via their app.  Heaven help you if you lose your phone.indecision  I love Uber.  The app shows me where I am, where my driver is, when & where he'll pick me up, who he is, what his car looks like, and when I'll get to my destination.yes  But 'tis expensive for low budget people like me.  I use it sparingly, but adequately.smiley

• LeatherGryphon said:

Over-heating? PSU struggling?

• PSU?  Possibly, but unlikely, it's a Corsair RM850x.  GPU temps were in the mid 50s measured with MSI Afterburner. So, not threatening. indecision 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760

Where did I put my glasses?  Oh well!  Maybe I can go to bed early?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,620
    edited September 2023

McGyver said:

People who live in glass houses should only use the basement bathroom... please. 

...yes 

Sfariah D said:

...I tend to ask that question more and more lately, only to discover i just left them in the kitchen (after passing through that "arch of forgetfulness" between there and the main room), on the corner of my somewhat cluttered desk, or even sometimes in my shirt pocket   

Getting old sucks.  I wouldn't wish it in my worst enemy.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

McGyver said:

...yes 

Sfariah D said:

...I tend to ask that question more and more lately, only to discover i just left them in the kitchen (after passing through that "arch of forgetfulness" between there and the main room), on the corner of my somewhat cluttered desk, or even sometimes in my shirt pocket   

Getting old sucks.  I wouldn't wish it in my worst enemy.

you mean they are better dying young?  surprise hopefully natural causes don't want you dying in prison devil

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,924
    edited September 2023

grrrrrrr

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Complaint: Too old to see the USB cable I'm looking for is already attached to the computer. I thought my cat was at it again.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,568
    edited September 2023

PerttiA said:

Complaint; The motherboard of my home computer died yesterday and had only the television to keep me company.

Not a surprice though, it has been having problems for the past 5 years. First it started loosing SATA ports and lately only 4 out of 10 were working but as it had lots of USB ports, I could move the disks to USB.
    On Saturday, it started acting up and I had to recycle power some 20+ times before I got it started and when I was shutting it down on Monday morning, it wasn't shutting down by it's own - When I got back home yesterday, no amount of recycling power got it up anymore. Swapped the PSU, GPU and RAM, but nothing helped.

Luckily I have an other motherboard with the same chipset, but it has been sitting on my shelf a "while".
    Today I'm going to see if I get the computer working again.

It's alive smiley

The old motherboard had not damaged the CPU and the new (NOS) Asus X99-M WS/SE is working fine. The best part was that the old W7 installation from the old motherboard, started without problems smiley 

Now I need to attach the 15+ drives and I get to see, what was on the drives I had to remove from the old motherboard a few years back.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • AgitatedRiot said:

Complaint: Too old to see the USB cable I'm looking for is already attached to the computer. I thought my cat was at it again.

Maybe it was - are you sure it didn't plug the cable in after you started to look elsewhere?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,126
    edited September 2023

They do that, you know.

There's a reason Mediaeval people hated cats. OK, their reason was stupid, but they had the right idea.

I've just been told I've unlocked 'EXTRA savings'. Who locked him up in the first place, and why wasn't I told I was unlocking this dangerous thief? Looks like I need to go back & do something drastic. Like make a key.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited September 2023

Complaint:  Arghhhh..., I broke a tooth.   Left bottom molar.  My tongue reports that a cathedral sized cavern has appeared on the inside of that tooth.no  I did feel it happen while I was chewing some toast, and was able to retrieve the cathedral.yes  I'll add it to my rock collection and label it "Human Ivory".wink  Dentist has been apprised and scheduled an appointment for next tuesday morning.  Wheee..., another mini-adventure, but a $200 one, at least.sad  And then the week after that I have to make a round trip to Buffalo via Uber(~125 miles total).  Bye bye, $200 more.crying  And for some silly reason I'd thought that September was going to be my financial catch-up month.  Poo.cheeky

• Richard Haseltine said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Complaint: Too old to see the USB cable I'm looking for is already attached to the computer. I thought my cat was at it again.

Maybe it was - are you sure it didn't plug the cable in after you started to look elsewhere?

I think he might have. 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,537

AgitatedRiot said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AgitatedRiot said:

I think he might have. 

I once lost a Type C USB cable, and spent some time looking for it before I realized it had been eaten by the robot vacuum. The cable had been wound up around the rolling brush underneath, but I was pleased that technically the vacuum did successfully vacuum the cable from the floor. And it returned to its charging base. I was able to retrieve the cable, and it still works.

• NASA Approved:  Survives vacuum testing.yes

• I set up a security camera under my front porch and I am getting lots of recordings of crows hopping around 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,102

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I set up a security camera under my front porch and I am getting lots of recordings of crows hopping around 

Is it motion activated?  If so, I guess crows are pretty big...big enough to cause that.  There may be a setting to adjust the sensitivity so birds don't set it off.  I don't know.  Never had a security camera.  Years ago, when my security lights were working, sometimes a good sized skunk would make them light up. 

• DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I set up a security camera under my front porch and I am getting lots of recordings of crows hopping around 

Is it motion activated?  If so, I guess crows are pretty big...big enough to cause that.  There may be a setting to adjust the sensitivity so birds don't set it off.  I don't know.  Never had a security camera.  Years ago, when my security lights were working, sometimes a good sized skunk would make them light up. 

yeah motion activated but cheap no fancy settings

annoyingly only works with the Swann App on my iPad too not able to view on my PC

hate hardware being locked to an app, since it uses my WIFI and has a SD card you would think I could view it on my network also

• DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Crows are big birds, not huge, but significant. Compared to robins and others. They are brilliant and can recognize different humans and pass that info to other crows. Morn the dead and use tools. They also make good subjects in Poe's stories.

• AgitatedRiot said:

DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Crows are big birds, not huge, but significant. Compared to robins and others. They are brilliant and can recognize different humans and pass that info to other crows. Morn the dead and use tools. They also make good subjects in Poe's stories.

ones in my yard huge