Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.21!

Comments

• When a company decides to lead people into the connect/drm direction, they always dangle some shiny things under the customers noses. They tell them reassuring things, scold them jokingly for their "outdated" habits and try to dedramatize it all to make the flock go the way they want it to. It's always the same pattern, which usually involves taking the customer for a fool. To the regs: I *know* you guys are just doing your job and that the Ring Wraiths don't have a say in whatever Sauron decides for Mordor. It isn't up to you... nonetheless, your boss might have to face a really angry mob of elves and hobbits. And hobbits? They stab from below. It really stings!

We don't need to be told what is good for us. We know what we don't want *at all*. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2015

Won't bother arguing it...but yes, search and replace can be much quicker, especially if that is what you are used to. 

And since our own creations aren't going to be encrypted I'll probably still be doing it that way for my own creations.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    mjc1016 said:

Won't bother arguing it...but yes, search and replace can be much quicker, especially if that is what you are used to. 

And since our own creations aren't going to be encrypted I'll probably still be doing it that way for my own creations.

Exactly! 

I enjoyed your anology Second.Tech, that was funny and true!  *stab stab stab* cheeky

• IsazformsIsazforms Posts: 210

Why DAZ? why? sad. Just one comment. DAZ wants her/his customers to own their purchases or DAZ wants to establish a virtual fiefdom that conditions such possession? I think, that users have the right to have a backup of our content for use according to the license. And in that way, it is really our content. With the fief of the cloud, it is not. I'll put a very simple example. A while ago I bought an application in a virtual store. I had to delete the application and I could just download it again. Opening it I found that I had lost content. I never really was owner of that content, the company shrugged off the app and there was no way to back up that content because it is encrypted. That no backing and trust in the cloud is just fantasy. The cloud and validation drm conditions the right to have our content on the existence of the service itself and with encryption. There are few such services that have closed leaving customers with less than air. I hope to understand my point.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    Isazforms said:

Why DAZ? why? sad. Just one comment. DAZ wants her/his customers to own their purchases or DAZ wants to establish a virtual fiefdom that conditions such possession? I think, that users have the right to have a backup of our content for use according to the license. And in that way, it is really our content. With the fief of the cloud, it is not. I'll put a very simple example. A while ago I bought an application in a virtual store. I had to delete the application and I could just download it again. Opening it I found that I had lost content. I never really was owner of that content, the company shrugged off the app and there was no way to back up that content because it is encrypted. That no backing and trust in the cloud is just fantasy. The cloud and validation drm conditions the right to have our content on the existence of the service itself and with encryption. There are few such services that have closed leaving customers with less than air. I hope to understand my point.

You can back it up. There is nothing stoppping you from doing so. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Isazforms said:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/934809/#Comment_934809

• You know.. this is the root of the whole problem. Daz has now decided they know what's best, easiest, more modern, etc etc. Smart content is easier, catagorizing in DS is better, savings new mat files is faster. No matter that some of us have been doing this for more than a decade. They still know what's best for us. Personally all I want is to sort, rename, and manage my files "like it's 1995" but the concerns are real in other areas and being told what's best is causing mounting frustration and annoyance to say the least.
    You know.. this is the root of the whole problem. Daz has now decided they know what's best, easiest, more modern, etc etc. Smart content is easier, catagorizing in DS is better, savings new mat files is faster. No matter that some of us have been doing this for more than a decade. They still know what's best for us. Personally all I want is to sort, rename, and manage my files "like it's 1995" but the concerns are real in other areas and being told what's best is causing mounting frustration and annoyance to say the least.

We have been collecting data from the Customer Service tickets, forums, polls, surveys, watching users use the software, and the Daz Studio Improvement Program and using that data to address problems that our customers have demonstrated that they have. 

To be fair, and to give you input here, what other sources should we be using? 

Isazforms said:

That means that even if it is encrypted, can be backed up and will continue to operate independently cloud and validation DRM? I understand that only need to connect once and now. If so, it does not seem so bad. I'm addicted to DAZ studio, I hope understand my reaction of concern. When a Cloud and DRM services falls, it leaves unused contents for the need to validate the DRM. So...

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    You know.. this is the root of the whole problem. Daz has now decided they know what's best, easiest, more modern, etc etc. Smart content is easier, catagorizing in DS is better, savings new mat files is faster. No matter that some of us have been doing this for more than a decade. They still know what's best for us. Personally all I want is to sort, rename, and manage my files "like it's 1995" but the concerns are real in other areas and being told what's best is causing mounting frustration and annoyance to say the least.

We have been collecting data from the Customer Service tickets, forums, polls, surveys, watching users use the software, and the Daz Studio Improvement Program and using that data to address problems that our customers have demonstrated that they have. 

The problem is you change workflows, you do not add options. People do not like to get told how they should work.

Isazforms said:
    Isazforms said:

That means that even if it is encrypted, can be backed up and will continue to operate independently cloud and validation DRM? I understand that only need to connect once and now. If so, it does not seem so bad. I'm addicted to DAZ studio, I hope understand my reaction of concern. When a Cloud and DRM services falls, it leaves unused contents for the need to validate the DRM. So...

At worst you would have to restore your backup from your local source and log in for a quick sync. If you lose both the data and the backup then log in and redownload/install is available to you as well. 

Like I posted elsewhere, a hardware crash and this is the least of your worries and the easiest thing to fix. You are not going to crash your system and not have to go online to restore it. 

Renpatsu said:

The problem is you change workflows, you do not add options. People do not like to get told how they should work.

Workflows change, and according to the data, in this case for the better. 

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    Renpatsu said:

Workflows change, and according to the data, in this case for the better. 

*laughs* sorry, but *laughs* the problem is that "the better" is very subjective. There was a certain plugin developer who also said that his way was "for the better" and I disagreed and walked away. Reading your line - it is the exact same thing. Guess it is time to take the money elsewhere then.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

A personal question for Spooky... has your head exploded yet??  LOL  cheeky

Isazforms said:
    Isazforms said:

Exactly, the hardware is mine, if damaged, buy new hardware, no need to validate online for reuse, because it's really mine. Has expiration, but I have is truly mine. The same goes for a CD. If the company disappears edit it, my cd does not disappear because it is really mine. Then either the content I buy at DAZ, according to the terms of the license, not encrypted; DRM or not, it's really mine or not?Exactly, the hardware is mine, if damaged, buy new hardware, no need to validate online for reuse, because it's really mine. Has expiration, but I have is truly mine. The same goes for a CD. If the company disappears edit it, my cd does not disappear because it is really mine. Then either the content I buy at DAZ, according to the terms of the license, not encrypted; DRM or not, it's really mine or not?Why DAZ? why? sad. Just one comment. DAZ wants her/his customers to own their purchases or DAZ wants to establish a virtual fiefdom that conditions such possession? I think, that users have the right to have a backup of our content for use according to the license. And in that way, it is really our content. With the fief of the cloud, it is not. I'll put a very simple example. A while ago I bought an application in a virtual store. I had to delete the application and I could just download it again. Opening it I found that I had lost content. I never really was owner of that content, the company shrugged off the app and there was no way to back up that content because it is encrypted. That no backing and trust in the cloud is just fantasy. The cloud and validation drm conditions the right to have our content on the existence of the service itself and with encryption. There are few such services that have closed leaving customers with less than air. I hope to understand my point.

At worst you would have to restore your backup from your local source and log in for a quick sync. If you lose both the data and the backup then log in and redownload/install is available to you as well. 

Like I posted elsewhere, a hardware crash and this is the least of your worries and the easiest thing to fix. You are not going to crash your system and not have to go online to restore it. 

Exactly, the hardware is mine, if damaged, buy new hardware, no need to validate online for reuse, because it's really mine. Has expiration, but I have is truly mine. The same goes for a CD music. If the company that edit disappears, my cd does not disappear and I can use it because it is really mine. Then either the content I buy at DAZ, according to the terms of the license, encrypted or not; DRM or not, it's really mine for my personal use or not? Or is cloudy-mine?

• Spooky.. seems you never asked me or lots of other users here. LOL The silent majority that shop, install, use and fix if need be and go along our merry way. I don't know what sources you should be using. That's not my job. But I do know that a business telling us we're doing it wrong is not the best way to handle things. And if you needed to "dumb it down" make it an add on and don't penalize the rest of us. Before I was just edgy about some of these changes. Now I'm also irritated.
    Isazforms said:
    Isazforms said:
    Isazforms said:

Exactly, the hardware is mine, if damaged, buy new hardware, no need to validate online for reuse, because it's really mine. Has expiration, but I have is truly mine. The same goes for a CD. If the company disappears edit it, my cd does not disappear because it is really mine. Then either the content I buy at DAZ, according to the terms of the license, not encrypted; DRM or not, it's really mine or not?Exactly, the hardware is mine, if damaged, buy new hardware, no need to validate online for reuse, because it's really mine. Has expiration, but I have is truly mine. The same goes for a CD. If the company disappears edit it, my cd does not disappear because it is really mine. Then either the content I buy at DAZ, according to the terms of the license, not encrypted; DRM or not, it's really mine or not?Why DAZ? why? sad. Just one comment. DAZ wants her/his customers to own their purchases or DAZ wants to establish a virtual fiefdom that conditions such possession? I think, that users have the right to have a backup of our content for use according to the license. And in that way, it is really our content. With the fief of the cloud, it is not. I'll put a very simple example. A while ago I bought an application in a virtual store. I had to delete the application and I could just download it again. Opening it I found that I had lost content. I never really was owner of that content, the company shrugged off the app and there was no way to back up that content because it is encrypted. That no backing and trust in the cloud is just fantasy. The cloud and validation drm conditions the right to have our content on the existence of the service itself and with encryption. There are few such services that have closed leaving customers with less than air. I hope to understand my point.

Exactly, the hardware is mine, if damaged, buy new hardware, no need to validate online for reuse, because it's really mine. Has expiration, but I have is truly mine. The same goes for a CD music. If the company that edit disappears, my cd does not disappear and I can use it because it is really mine. Then either the content I buy at DAZ, according to the terms of the license, encrypted or not; DRM or not, it's really mine for my personal use or not? Or is cloudy-mine?

Technically, according to the terms of the EULA, you license the use of it for certain purposes.

But on the practical side of things, If you have your content installed, then it is installed and used without needing to connect to anything. If you can use your computer then you can use your content. If you want to install new content then you have to connect. 

In your example if the company that produced the CD disappears and the CD gets damaged, do you still have the music? Because that is the scenario you are applying to Daz 3D. 

• Ivy said:

I'm not going to bother commenting on daz new 4.9 I'm done with it  Do as you must . and I will not support it  Sorry .. But I do I have a request I would like to get done before you guys implement  the new Daz connect. I would really like a bug fix for this product i bought in July and had a open ticket on  it since July  its a great product i love using it. it just what i needed for my animation and it would be much better if the doors and everything function the way it said on the product page when i bought it. I don't want a return or my money back.  I really would like the door to work? Any help here? 

I am buying  and clearing out my wish list. and no longer adding things to it in anticipation of the new connect products encryption schema, so getting this ticket request done before the big change over would be great. because I am in the process of downloading all my products in my daz product library  with 2 different copies of Daz Studio backed up  with serial keys#   and I am walking away.

a capture of the help request starting back in july

I think I have this model Ivy. I dont seem to remember having this issue. Want to open a thread in  the DAZ general section and ill see if I can help?

Spooky.. seems you never asked me or lots of other users here. LOL The silent majority that shop, install, use and fix if need be and go along our merry way. I don't know what sources you should be using. That's not my job. But I do know that a business telling us we're doing it wrong is not the best way to handle things. And if you needed to "dumb it down" make it an add on and don't penalize the rest of us. Before I was just edgy about some of these changes. Now I'm also irritated.

No we are working to make using the software easier, based on the available data. the majority that shop, install and use the content never posts to the forums, but even the forums show the same thing. "I can't find my x content" is the number one problem our customers have. 

Now this does not apply to all customers but it would be negligent, as a company, not to address the number one ongoing problem that our customers express they have. I am sorry this particular attempt to fix this problem does not suit you, but it still must be addressed. 

• Spooky.. seems you never asked me or lots of other users here. LOL The silent majority that shop, install, use and fix if need be and go along our merry way. I don't know what sources you should be using. That's not my job. But I do know that a business telling us we're doing it wrong is not the best way to handle things. And if you needed to "dumb it down" make it an add on and don't penalize the rest of us. Before I was just edgy about some of these changes. Now I'm also irritated.

No we are working to make using the software easier, based on the available data. the majority that shop, install and use the content never posts to the forums, but even the forums show the same thing. "I can't find my x content" is the number one problem our customers have. 

Now this does not apply to all customers but it would be negligent, as a company, not to address the number one ongoing problem that our customers express they have. I am sorry this particular attempt to fix this problem does not suit you, but it still must be addressed. 

You are dumbing down your software for a vocal minority who do not provide the bulk of you bread and butter and alienating your best customers in the process.

Spooky.. seems you never asked me or lots of other users here. LOL The silent majority that shop, install, use and fix if need be and go along our merry way. I don't know what sources you should be using. That's not my job. But I do know that a business telling us we're doing it wrong is not the best way to handle things. And if you needed to "dumb it down" make it an add on and don't penalize the rest of us. Before I was just edgy about some of these changes. Now I'm also irritated.

You are dumbing down your software for a vocal minority who do not provide the bulk of you bread and butter and alienating your best customers in the process.

Not according to the data. 

• You know what also comes with easy, cheasy software developement? Redundancy in the workplace. You know what that means DAZ employees?

What data? Whats this magical data that your talking about? Youve posted no numbers, there have been no responses to this thread backing up your data? Where are all these people that cant learn how to install a .zip file?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

If daz really need to gather view of customer about these "improvement"

just make one more  topic sum up or down in forum about this..no

"then why daz can not understand,, most of problme user can not find content, is simply luck of clear organized documet

which can easy readable , and why not use the effort to teach new user how manage your content as you like?"

What data? Whats this magical data that your talking about? Youve posted no numbers, there have been no responses to this thread backing up your data? Where are all these people that cant learn how to install a .zip file?

Data from customer service tickets, forum posts, polls, surveys and the Daz studio Improvement Program. What other sources should be used? 

If daz really need to gather view of customer about these "improvement"

just make one more  topic sum up or down in forum about this..no

"then why daz can not understand,, most of problme user can not find content, is simply luck of clear organized documet

which can easy readable , and why not use the effort to teach new user how manage your content as you like?"

We tried documentation, which is clear, easy to read and easy to find. Documentation is not the answer. 

Data from customer service tickets, forum posts, polls, surveys and the Daz studio Improvement Program. What other sources should be used? 

Hows this for some real data? DRM, DAZ Connect equals NO SALE! You can count on it.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

^^;  I really feel,, daz  need strict Questionnaire about your offered document here and there.

though  many daz user in forum too like yours to tell the truth I feel.  have you known someone said, daz manuall is good and it clear teach

new user how to install all and how to serch content ?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

So you are taking data, from only people that have issues in other words. People don't file tickets, bitch on the forum etc when things are working fine. That is flawed data. Sounds like daz is taking a gamble, hoping that you will bring in enough new people, and enough people that like to have full control of their libraries and items will just cave in to the new system. None of us spoke up before, because that DIM crap was optional, and we were told it would always be optional. 

Maybe if everyone that has an issue with this DRM crap, start opening up tickets, they might take that data into consideration. 

TheKD said:

So you are taking data, from only people that have issues in other words. People don't file tickets, bitch on the forum etc when things are working fine. That is flawed data. Sounds like daz is taking a gamble, hoping that you will bring in enough new people, and enough people that like to have full control of their libraries and items will just cave in to the new system. None of us spoke up before, because that DIM crap was optional, and we were told it would always be optional. 

Nope. Still the number one issue our customers have. 

This discussion has been closed.