Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Horo - Watched the video and updated Bryce to Large Address Aware, now to see how it helps out the scenes, thanks again for the info.

Mermaid - Thanks !

Hansmar - Thanks ! Also thanks for your insight/tips on using DAZ figures in Bryce. Landscapes are very nice !

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,510
    edited September 10

Hansmar - thank you. Four very nice landscape renders, great looking terrains, materials and skies.

Bunyip02 - you are welcome, I hope it will help you when working with Bryce.

The terrain is from High Resolution Terrains 1 with modified materials from High Resolution Terrains 2. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies 1 and the key light by the sun.

Rough Mountains

RoughMountains.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 256K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,362

Four great landscapes Hansmar, the materials and lighting are perfect in all.

Another amazing photorealistic render, Horo.

Thank you mermaid.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

Bunyip02: You're welcome and thanks too.

Horo, Thanks and your terrain is very realistic.

Thanks, Mermaid.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,070

Great job bunyip!  I like the figure in the scene.

Hansmar, especially like the lighting in the first one.  The terrains in 2 and 4 are great as well.  Those heads looking at each other were a surprise to me.

Horo, fabulous.

Thank you Hansmar and NGartplay.

Horo - Another great scene !

NGartplay - Thanks !

edited September 11

Experiment to see how a DAZ Studio scene looks after importing into Bryce - https://www.daz3d.com/da-palm-island

Had to delete the sky and ocean in DAZ Studio to get it to work. Sand is coming out grey instead of sand colour for some reason.

Bryce - DA Palm Island.jpg
    800 x 450 - 319K
    Bryce - DA Palm Island 2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 400K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Bunyip02 - in my experience the materials do not come over good from Studio. Most of them have to be changed. The objects themselves usually come over fine. Very nive scene, overview and closer.

Horo - Thanks ! & more to learn !

edited September 11

NGartplay, thank you.

Bunyip02, The scene looks very good in both views. Indeed, texturing may need some work, but it may also depend on the sky that you use. Sky setting and sun colour (or HDRI) can have an important effect on the colours that you see.

Here an abstract that is a modification of an earlier one that I showed in the 'shiny things' thread. The spheres were turned into pyramids and I changed the light (sky) and added a negative light too (causing the black dots).

ShinyHM5.jpg
    1370 x 651 - 550K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited September 11

I also made a few terrains. In all I used work by David Brinnen. The cloudscape in the first two is from David, but I changed the terrain for one I made myself. I also changed the cloudscape somewhat in the second one. In the first one I added a version of the Black Pearl, which in itself is so large (taken over from DAZ Studio and textured changed to procedurall Bryce textures) that a scene with only the ship is close to 300 MB! So I was able to merge a scene with the cloudscape and a scene with the ship and render it. But I was not abe to save it (memory problem). So, in some cases, you can render a scene that is too large to be saved before you save it.

The third one is from Bryce Pro Landscapes by David, where I addes a number of (DAZ) bats, changed the texture of the rocks, because I found the original too repititious at this size and added a light to only provide a litlle more light on the closest bat.

ship_cloudscape.jpg
    1370 x 651 - 761K
    ship_cloudscape2.jpg
    1370 x 651 - 476K
    Bats_cave.jpg
    1157 x 651 - 606K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Bunyip, both good views.   I really like the water in the first and the POV of the second one draws me in.

Hansmar, wowzers.  Love the 2nd one's dramatic coloring and the 3rd one's action brings horror movies to mind.  The first is just serene and feels tranquil.

Hansmar - Thanks ! Still learning Bryce but getting better. Love the bats scene !

NGartplay - Thanks !

Hansmar - very nice abstract. The scene with the Black Pearl is beautiful, good you could merge and render it and capture the result. I think the compressing of a scene together with the scene to save it was a very bad idea that was introduced with Bryce 6. The second sea scene also looks very nice. The cave with the bats also looks great.

Bunyip02 - very nice examples, lovely water in the 1st.

Hansmar - great abstract, very impressive landscapes,

Mermaid - Thanks !

edited September 12

Got a new DAZ Studio figure, had to try him in Bryce - Mr Bobble, Professor of Archaeology.

Bryce - MrBobble 1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 84K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Lol, bunyip, he is so cute.

edited September 12

Bunyip02 - cool guy this Mr Bobble. Doing also a bit of archeology: is this the Bryce made ruine by Alfons Blom from Daz? I used it in May 2007 and 3 years ago for the 49th bryce Render Challenge Ancient Times (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/526651/49th-bryce-render-challenge-ancient-times/p4#Comment_7172066).

In the world centre a pyramid, around it a torus, both with the camera within a 10 Sided Pyramid/Face Aligned (all Bryce objects). All three objects with the same material: some white Diffuse, full Transparency with Refraction 300 and some Reflection. The torus has additionally stripes (Hatcher) from Stylised Rendering. Light and colour by an HDRI from Hyper Textures Base. Three coloured transparent and reflecting objects.

Ring and Pyramid

The anaglyph is not bad but i am not fully happy with it.

Ring and Pyramid Anaglyph

RingAndPyramid.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 167K
    RingAndPyramidAna.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 195K
    Post edited by Horo on

NGartplay - Thanks ! Been having fun with him.

Horo - Thanks ! Yes it's the Alfons Blom from Daz. Very nice entry in the Challenge. Also lovely scene with the pyramid ! Was using Mr Bobble for some material/textures work in Bryce, had to do his glasses by themselves before I got the hang of it.

Bunyip02 - cute guy, nice render.

Horo - very nice abstract, the Anaglyph is awesome except that the outer pyramid clips the frame.

Bunyip02 - thank you.

mermaid - thank you. Yes, you are right.

What a great view Horo.  The crystaline look is pretty.

Thank you NGartplay.

edited September 14

The terrain was self made and given a modified material from High Resolution Terrains 4. The water is the ground plane with my water material. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Gritstone Hills and the key light by the sun.

Blue Ponds

BluePonds.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 262K
    Post edited by Horo on

Another outstanding landscape, Horo, I like the POV

edited September 14

A quick render using a source file from the Power Parts product. I changed the camera position and the sky.

powerparts4.jpg
    1200 x 618 - 387K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited September 14

mermaid - thank you. Very nicely done scene with this interesting Power Parts product.

Post edited by Horo on