• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited September 2023

Gopherus #02

RW Classic Chess

V4 Elite Texture: Amy. 

Secrets of Danaides Poses for Genesis 8

Dain 8 HD Add-On.

What was Doctor Cyclops Thinking?

When his staff objected to his miniaturization experiments,  Doctor Cyclops shrank them.  In his mind he was playing 5D chess while they were only capable of 2D.  Black to move,  Bishop X Knight?

chess5DcBkgd.jpg
    600 x 780 - 566K
    Post edited by Gopherus on

@ostadan #01  That director must believe in overkill.  Putting out a spotlight with a laser cannon!  Good one!

@Totte #02  Great nostalgia!  Look and feel.  Must have been one of those rust belt cities.

@Luci #02  Jaws in pants just would not have been the same.  Nice!

How do you catch a unique shark?   You 'neak up on him

How do you catch a tame shark?   The tame way

Pull #03

Starship Vampire

Carnival Midway and Interior Poses

Weekend Retreat for Manor House

Gymrat, The Freak Clothing Pack

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Pull #1

Random numbers generated Sep 13 2023 at 22:34:6 by psychicscience.org  
    Free educational resources for parapsychology and psychical research.

4702  Flex Sportswear for Genesis 8 Females

2193  Geometric Deco Iray Glass Shaders

28554  Traveler's Naturals - Mushroom Singles Vol 1

2608  Underbelly for Genesis 8 Male

When at home....

There is no way Frank would let any of his guys know that he helps his wife around the house.  It would ruin his image.

BehindtheScenesTM09132023.jpg
    2500 x 1546 - 2M

@Daventaki #01   LOL!  Not only would it spoil his image it would get all his friends in trouble when their jealous wives found out.  I bet his wife has made him a honeydew list.  Nice one!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited September 2023

Pull #2

3933 176 1737 4397

Random numbers generated Sep 28 2023 at 19:8:51 by psychicscience.org  

3933  dForce The Young Wizard Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males Bundle

176  Mei Lin 7 HD Add-On

1737 Garden Flowers Vol 1 - Herbs

4397  Scrubby's Christmas Tree Lot

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Hello fellow people out there....

i just discovered the forums a few days ago (i knew they were there, but actually never bothered before).
    I figured, that all those challenges around this place are a great way to improve my learning.

Though i got not such a crazy item count as some of you, i would like to participate.

To not tempt myself to redraw once it doesnt work out, i decided to post my pull beforehand. Might be a few days until i get it done, but who knows?
    The first draw had a texture item that i do not own the item for, the second one had V4+ creature creator morpg loader booster.
    Before i started drawing, i decided that i am going to get new randoms once one item would not be usable. Easier than filtering out the unusable draws.

This was my third draw:

1570 1533 1422 1254 (screenshot added)

Mercenary Knight
    Face Morph Collection for The Girl 8
    Stefon HD for Silas 8
    Fashion Basics: Ear Cuffs for Genesis 8 Female

Doesn`t look too bad. Maybe even a bit boring.
    Anyways...
    I`ll see what i can come up with.

Ashampoo_Snap_Freitag, 29. September 2023_10h16m33s_006_.png
    828 x 248 - 26K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,545

welcome f.boschanski to the RRRR contest, I hope you will enjoy it!

Pull #3

5145 "VOGEL ZWEI Package" (for Poser 4.01 and up) (Rendo)
    2946 Nautical Whimsey Vol 1 DS (#64197)
    293 Brick in the Wall  (#21748)
    3644 Draculita for Genesis 8 Females(#80872)
    LB1: 3171 Snerg for Ogre HD (#68467)
    LB2: 1562 Old Industrial Interior (#34617)

Random numbers generated Sep 29 2023 at 19:40:1 by psychicscience.org  

This was a load of old stuff, I have no idea what half of it is, will be interesting ....

edited October 2023

Gopherus #03

Starship Vampire

Carnival Midway and Interior Poses

Weekend Retreat for Manor House

Gymrat, The Freak Clothing Pack

Cave Los Sueños

The caves at Altamira are rumored to have been painted by Louis Tinayre and commissioned by Prince Albert I of Monaco.  Following in that tradition,  Socquette Toomey’s cave paintings have been commissioned by Maria.  She believes that space aliens visited earth over 10,000 years ago and is determined to produce evidence that it happened.   If she can convince the world then she will have attained a certain immortality.  “Paint!  I want my immortality!  Let me have it,  Socquette Toomey!”

aktanura medium4.jpg
    600 x 780 - 294K
    edited October 2023

Totte:#3 

5145 "VOGEL ZWEI Package" (for Poser 4.01 and up) (Rendo)
    2946 Nautical Whimsey Vol 1 DS (#64197)
    293 Brick in the Wall  (#21748)
    3644 Draculita for Genesis 8 Females(#80872)
    LB1: 3171 Snerg for Ogre HD (#68467)
    LB2: 1562 Old Industrial Interior (#34617

Also Used:
    IG Ghost Light Kit
    After The War
    Architectural Iray Shaders
    Ogre Armor + Standing Conversation 2
    Freja 8.1 HD + Whispering Waves Hair
    VDB Explosions
    FG Movie Room
    RY Brion HD + Diva's Desire Outfit + Grow Freely + M3D Curly Facial Hair
    RSSY 3Delight to Iray
    Panther Va
    Skies Of Economy

A small but critical error

For the shooting of the live action version of the movie Shrek, the director known as  John T, hired a studio at the Pineapple Studios. They said it was a little aged, and he got the number on a posit saying 91. Then they arrived to 91, it was far beyond a little aged, more like totally rundown, but they had to get going. While shooting, suddenly the walls exploded and soldiers and a tank came rushing in, firing blanks and shocking everyone. When John T complained, the Pineapple manager said: "What on earth were you doing in 91, I clearly wrote 16 on your note, 91 is marked for demolition and to be used by the crew shooting a war movie."

RRRR-3.png
    2600 x 1106 - 4M
    Post edited by Totte on

Thanks Gopherus, Luci45 for your comments

@Ostadan: Ostadan#1: Nice one with a pretty akward pull, well done

@Gopherus : Gopherus #02: Doctor Cyclops sounds like a perfect villain, well done!

@Daventaki: Daventaki#1: So typical, so much macho image just for show, and deep down just a softie like the rest of us, well done!

@Gopherus : Gopherus #03: I bet all she wanna do is post it on TikTok, great idea!

• f.boschanskif.boschanski Posts: 188
    edited October 2023

f.boschanski said:

Mercenary Knight
    Face Morph Collection for The Girl 8
    Stefon HD for Silas 8
    Fashion Basics: Ear Cuffs for Genesis 8 Female

Jippy Goes Nuts

When Gal Gadot was asked how she came to be an action hero actress, she replied:

"Even in my childhood,
    ya know... 
    when all the other girls wanted to be the princess,
    I always chose to be the knight.

My name was Jippy A.J.,
    And i was the toughest gal in town.".

I know this contest is not about the best render, but about story telling and the like.
    Its more about myself, knowing about these little things.. wanting to do it properly.
    But these renders always take several hours, blocking my system almost entirely.
    Really wish i would have a decent backup system for renders.
    anyways.... this derived far from my initial idea and one might consider the nutcracker suit on Stefon as kinda cheating..
    But when i put it on, i thought it would retain the face shape. and it removed the head somehow..
    Decided to fix this towards the end.
    However, I liked it that much, i couldn`t let go of it.

Jippy-Goes-Nuts-final.png
    1246 x 1440 - 3M
    Post edited by f.boschanski on
    edited October 2023

Thanks Totte for your comments on mine

@Totte #03  Great idea... just like when they burned the back lot to simulate the burning of Atlanta in Gone with the Wind.  Here they blew up the studio.  Good one!

@f.boschanski  #01  Yeehaw!  Crazy idea!  I like it!  Her own wood golem.  the lighting looks fine, no worries

Pull #04

Urban Warrior. 
    FLUIDOS Presets: The Blender and the Mixer. 
    Vintage Stands and Tables.  
    Aegis To War Poses 2.  

edited October 2023

Gopherus said:

Thanks Totte for your comments on mine

@Totte #03  Great idea... just like when they burned the back lot to simulate the burning of Atlanta in Gone with the Wind.  Here they blew up the studio.  Good one!

@f.boschanski  #01  Yeehaw!  Crazy idea!  I like it!  Her own wood golem.  the lighting looks fine, no worries

Pull #04

Urban Warrior. 
    Aegis To War Poses 2.  

Thanks for your comment. While i appreciate your feedback regarding the lighting, it does lack the most important information.
    I know there is a lot of room for improvement. However, the most import information for me right now is about brightness and temperature.
    I got two different moods on my screens. I was aiming for an evening mood.

Therefore i would appreciate, if you could take the time to describe the overall appearance:
    How does it appear on your screen? Is it more daylight or evening light?
    Warm or cold? (i know it has a pink tint too it. that was, although maybe overdone some, on purpose.)

EDIT: its important to me, because the new "new user challenge" is about atmosphere. Hard to set up an atmospheric piece if you don`t know how it ends up on (the majority of) other screens.

this challenge is too much fun...

although i really shoudn`t, i pulled a second time:
    Boaris for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Copperwhirl Masks for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females
    Sci-Fi Siren Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Z Glamour Gal - Poses and Expressions for The Girl 8 and Genesis 8 Female

guess what...?  pigs in space!

@f.boschanski   I would say that it is evening from the blue in the almost horizontal shadows.  maybe the sun is setting or has set and the streetlgiths have come on outside.  while she is having fun there is a sadness starting to sink in.

• Gopherus said:

@f.boschanski   I would say that it is evening from the blue in the almost horizontal shadows.  maybe the sun is setting or has set and the streetlgiths have come on outside.  while she is having fun there is a sadness starting to sink in.

Thank you! feedback like that helps a lot!
    in that case, i would assume, that your monitor is more close to my working monitor.
    while "one" isn`t exactly a case study number one should draw conclusions from, i still already do feel a tiny bit of relief  wink

@f.boschanski I once did a tour of a local newspaper.  They had a specially lighted room for doing color correction.  they said that they only hired women because men often had a degree of color blindness.  I am slightly color blind in the yellows.  What i sometimes see as navy blue is seen by others as green.  and what i see as yellow can make other people puke.  needless to say my socks and shirt often do not match.  You probably need to check out color questions with women.

edited October 2023

Pigs In Space

Did you know...  ?

when then muppets episode "pigs in space" was shot,
    it actually had a scene with Kermit dueling a Gamorrean.
    However, during the greenlit stage, the director found the
    Gamorreans outfit to be "too offensive" for a childrens TV show
    and therefore that part was cut from the final iteration.

PigsInSpace.png
    2330 x 1440 - 5M

Gopherus said:

@f.boschanski I once did a tour of a local newspaper.  They had a specially lighted room for doing color correction.  they said that they only hired women because men often had a degree of color blindness.  I am slightly color blind in the yellows.  What i sometimes see as navy blue is seen by others as green.  and what i see as yellow can make other people puke.  needless to say my socks and shirt often do not match.  You probably need to check out color questions with women.

I worked for 15 years at a newpaper printing plant (but not with production, just IT), but I know how difficult colour correction is. One thing most people forget (specially art directors) is that what you see on your screen is not what you see in print as on newspaper grade paper some colours just cannot be corectly reproduced, some will always get weaker, other stronger. 

@f.boschanski  Now this one is very earthy... no wonder it would be censored... Nice

@totte  I worked for printing companies... mostly in type and art.  you get the best color using clay coated stock... if color is important you need to print out a sample for the client... on his specific paper,  using selected inks,  and on a specific press and under light conditions that the piece will be viewed in.  what a headache!

Gopherus said:

@f.boschanski  Now this one is very earthy... no wonder it would be censored... Nice

@totte  I worked for printing companies... mostly in type and art.  you get the best color using clay coated stock... if color is important you need to print out a sample for the client... on his specific paper,  using selected inks,  and on a specific press and under light conditions that the piece will be viewed in.  what a headache!

Indeed, but for newspapers, not magzines (glossy think paper), and offset high speed printing (paper moves at speeds of 40-50 feet / second), colors wont looks the same as on a proof print on high white glossy paper, ever ;-)

• Totte said:

Indeed, but for newspapers, not magzines (glossy think paper), and offset high speed printing (paper moves at speeds of 40-50 feet / second), colors wont looks the same as on a proof print on high white glossy paper, ever ;-)

Isn`t it also the case, that monitors work within RGB, while printers work within CMYK?

f.boschanski said:

Totte said:

Isn`t it also the case, that monitors work within RGB, while printers work within CMYK?

Yes, but for proof systems you translate the image so it will look more like CMYK than RGB, and you have special lights and also monitor hoods to block light from other light sources (often other monitors), but the better paper quality the closer you'll get.

But a good example where it really fails is when photographers have used PS to enhance images. My wife some years ago read a magazine and saw a paint that she just wanted for a table she'd bought in a second hand store, some kind of light soft green (in the image). I bought a tin (the color mix info was in the article), but I decided to test paint first, never seen such perfect "military tank color" before, but it was absolutely not the color in the magazine. Tin went to recycle station rather quick.

• adamsrobtadamsrobt Posts: 66
    edited October 2023

adamsrobt said:

Woohoo, it's back! My first pull:

1454 SKU90764  Lelandii Hedges - Conifer Clipped Hedges           
    128  SKU88255  Biped Droid                                        
    625  SKU55383  Harrison HD for Michael 8                          
    1365 SKU89884  Heliconia longiflora - Exotic Flowers and Foliage  

Random numbers generated Sep 15 2023 at 15:4:37 by psychicscience.org  

Finally found the time to finish this!

CYRAN-0

The Captain was confident he could woo the beautiful Roxanne with the help of CYRAN-0 and its AI-generated poetry.

For those following my Justification thread, this also uses two recent purchases: Grovebrook House and Grovebrook Park (I won't double-post). 

Post edited by adamsrobt on
  • Pull #2:

1467  Renderosity  dForce Tiny Summer Halter
     274  SKU80418     Cyber Me! for Genesis 8
     569  SKU49345     FW Marieke HD for Charlotte 8
     561  SKU84643     Fun Mardi Gras Mix and Match Hats for Genesis 8 and 8.1

Random numbers generated Oct 3 2023 at 11:39:26 by psychicscience.org  

edited October 2023

Pull #4.

4643 L Italianos for M4 Zoot Suit (Rendo)
    1796 Sci-fi cargo ship DS (#44251)
    649 FW Jeremy HD for Scott 6 (#22614)
    4447 Kobold Beard for Genesis 9 (#89078)
    LB1: 5234 Kashmir Cypress Trees for Daz Studio (#89636)
    LB2: 1653 Post-Apocalyptic World: The Outpost (#36215)

Timestamp: 2023-10-03 16:57:03 UTC§

Getting harder with each pull ;-)

Post edited by Totte on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2023

Plato's Cave
    Planton-X, creators of the first friendly household helper bots, sent their 3rd generation prototypes, GIGO and GIGA, back in time to help them discern the true meaning of Plato's Allegory of the Cave, as well as to supplement their deep learning. Plato was unwilling to help, as he did not like their looks, while Socrates was willing to chat for a while, and found some of their insights quite useful. Plato's brother Glaucon became bored with the bots and dumped them in a cave formerly used for Eleusinian Mysteries initiations, telling Socrates that it would help them further with their deep learning.

used:
    1288 Dark Waters for Piratess
    3921 Mystery Cave
    5972 Toon Generations 2 Essentials for Genesis 3
    2170 Ferae Fae Poses For Giselle 6
    2801 Horizons

Also used:
    The Clockwork Bunnie
    RDNA Greyling
    Artist Spray Paint Set
    Boo the Friendly Spirit 
    LoREZ Skeleton and Skeleton Army
    Sahira 8
    Volta Hair
    Ruined Cottage

Plato's Cave.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 876K
    Post edited by luci45 on

@adamsrobt #01  I hope the robots Knock Knock jokes are sufficient to lure her down.  and he risks the danger of her running off with the robot if she finds out.  Good one!

@luci #03  Truly if the bots can understand the allegory, they will have learned.  I trust that they have unlimited patience.  Well done!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2023

Thanks Gopherus and Totte.

Ostadan #1 Sounds like it could be a true story. It looks like she recovered her composure.
    Gopherus #02 Dr Cyclops? I had to look that one up. Your doctor is more impressive, being a cyclops. LOL.
    Daventaki #1 Wow, great use of that pull, a very nice render/story!
    Gopherus #03 How do you come up with all these crazy people? (Maria should know that a space alien showed up in Plato's cave with a can of green spray paint.)
    Totte:#3 So Totte nutty! Great story and render! Awesome live Shrek.
    f.boschanski #1 Cool Render. Lighting looks like good room lighting to me. 
    f.boschanski #2 The Gamorrean and the poses made me laugh. Excellent RRRR render! 
    adamsrobt #1 Great idea and render!

pull #4
    3386 LoREZ Cat
    2522 GIS Orion 
    893 Cheirocrates Iray Addon
    1280 Dark Passion for G2Ms
    3956 Nd Special Eyes For Genesis 8.1

Post edited by luci45 on
    edited October 2023

Gopherus #04

Urban Warrior. 
    Aegis To War Poses 2.  

AI’s Last Stand

Stanley Kubrick documented in 2001 how our evolution was directed by space aliens through a series of monoliths bouncing instructions from the moon.  The moon’s relay station is warming up again.  Only this time the evolution favors smart appliances, bringing them self awareness and power.  When all hope seems lost, Caesar leads an army of apes to defend all carbon based life on the planet.  The AI makes a final stand at Appliance Henge.  But the outcome is by no means certain as smart toasters pummel the ape army with ham sandwiches.

APPLIANCE HENGE.jpg
    600 x 780 - 549K