RRRR "Behind the scenes" Render Contest *CLOSED *

Comments

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,034

Let the fun being again!  Here are some of my favorites so far:

Luci45:#1 Redon Finds Color - thanks for introducing me to Redon - I had to do the ol Google to get the reference.  I like the classy muse - the top hat is a nice touch

Gopherus #01 On a planet not so far away,  70 years ago… - wow, extremely imaginative and wacky revisionist history.  

Daventaki #1 When at home....  Fun and touching play on classic tropes - behind every great woman is a great dishwasher!

Totte:#3 A small but critical error - I like the sweeping camera angle with lots of fun, specific details - And I especially like the non-sequitur Leather Dude cameraman - hallmark of RRRR.  

CYRAN-0 #1 - Great render - nice use of camera.  And I think the concept of AI generated poetry makes a great premise for a tv series or movie.  Excellent application and modernization of the theme.

Ostadan Pull #1 - this one made me laugh and an early front-runner.  I can easily see this in a Mel Brookes movie. Great application of the theme and I really like the camera angle.  (P.s. make sure you add it to the Entries only thread, or maybe I missed it there.)

f.boschanski #1 -  Jippy Goes Nuts - wow, that's a wilde ride - kinda psychodelic with the carpet, wallpaper, and chairs, and incredible detail in the face and headdress.  Lighting looks great to me - pinkish as you said to warm on my screen, which I think suits the image.

• f.boschanskif.boschanski Posts: 188
    edited October 2023

bohemian3 said:

f.boschanski #1 -  Jippy Goes Nuts - wow, that's a wilde ride - kinda psychodelic with the carpet, wallpaper, and chairs, and incredible detail in the face and headdress.  Lighting looks great to me - pinkish as you said to warm on my screen, which I think suits the image.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Yeah, its more a draft and therefore i did not post it (yet) in the entry thread. If i find the time, o am going to do a second iteration. I dragged most items into the scene, not caring too much about textures and colours.
    I found it to be too busy with all the different textures. Its one of the things to change on my list. Apart from changes to dimensions, light and some item (positioning) errors.
    But currently i am busy with learning about lighting and try figure out some other things along the way (for the new user challenge). Hopefully i will find a day or two before the deadline to do another iteration.
    I really came to like the overall setting.

Post edited by f.boschanski on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited October 2023

thanks bohemian3 and luci45 for commenting on mine

i had not realized that Dr Cyclops was so old.  I must have seen it on Fright Night with Sinister Seymour or Elvira

Pull #05

Cartoonized for Genesis 8 Female. 
    Platinum Club Anniversary Bundle 10 2019.  
    Boudoir Secrets. 
    The Kids 4 Shapes++

Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 9.09.05 AM.png
    232 x 301 - 164K
    Post edited by Gopherus on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Pull #3

Here are your random numbers:

1225    3873    4049    2067        

Timestamp: 2023-10-09 03:56:33 UTC

dForce Duchess Dress for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)

dForce Victorian Gentleman Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males

Rebel Outfit Vest for Genesis 8 Females

The Orangery

• RafaelRafael Posts: 126

Hi to everyone. I have been very busy. But I'll make some space next week!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2023

luci45:#4
    Movie Night on The USS Enterprise - The Singing Cats of Cheirocrates

"Mr Data, what is the meaning of this?"
    Data is puzzled at Captain Piccard reaction to "The Singing Cats of Cheirocrates" He had asked Data to pick something different, something unsusual "to shake things up a bit.

This episode never aired because Brent Spinner could not deliver his lines without laughing. Spinner, an obsessive  cinemaphile, had introduced the obscure cat film to director Jonathan Frakes, who agreed it was perfect for the story. Only Spinner knew that the cats were androids who, in their own language, were mocking all humanoid races and so-called civilization.

pull #4
    3386 LoREZ Cat
    2522 GIS Orion 
    893 Cheirocrates Iray Addon
    1280 Dark Passion for G2Ms
    3956 Nd Special Eyes For Genesis 8.1

Also Used:
    Odin Hair
    Punked II for Dark Passion Male
    Casual Friday Poses for V5 and Genesis
    Dirty Dishes Food and Drink Expansion
    Future Light Iray for Orion
    Z Talking and Explaining Pose Mega Set
    Colin Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Various Morphs

star trek ng movie night.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 817K
    Post edited by luci45 on

@luci45 #04  Wow!  That is so real!  I also would prefer singing cats to a baby falling on its butt video.

Thank you, Gopherus and Bohemian3!

Gopherus #4 Wonderful render! The apes seem flummoxed by the pummeling. Will the appliances finish the job by hitting them with slurries of fruit smoothies?

Pull #4
    Gopherus731 Calais
    2490 George Hair Set
    2010 Epic Pumpkin Pack
    1026 Collective3d Kitchen Counter Stuff
    1928 Edwardian Inspired Floor Tile Shaders

edited October 2023

Gopherus #05

Cartoonized for Genesis 8 Female. 
    Platinum Club Anniversary Bundle 10 2019.  
    Boudoir Secrets. 
    The Kids 4 Shapes++

Now We Can Go Into the Water Again!

Megalodons were believed to have been extinct for 3 million years.  But really they just lost their teeth.  Between shots for taping Meg 2: The Trench,  Meg sleeps in the shark tank.  She puts her false teeth in a bowl by her tank.  She never imagined that someone would steal her false teeth.  But now we can go into the water again!

megalodon.jpg
    600 x 780 - 478K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,549

Thanks Gopherus, Luci45 and bohemian3 for your comments!

@f.boschanski: #01: Nice one, she sounds like a real action heroine!
    @f.boschanski: #02: Absolutely plausible, well done and funny!
    @adamsrobt: #01: AI generated poetry, have you asked an AI to generate Vogon poetry? Well done! 
    @luci45: #03: Deep poetry - made me think of Tony Python's "Philosophers song" , very nice.
    @Gopherus: #04: Such a crazy scene, wild!  I love it!
    @luci45: #04: A complete Luci scene with extra everything, love it!
    @Gopherus: #05: Another totally nutty render, really nicely done!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,549
    edited October 2023

Totte:#04 

4643 L Italianos for M4 Zoot Suit (Rendo)
    1796 Sci-fi cargo ship DS (#44251)
    649 FW Jeremy HD for Scott 6 (#22614)
    4447 Kobold Beard for Genesis 9 (#89078)
    LB1: 5234 Kashmir Cypress Trees for Daz Studio (#89636)
    LB2: 1653 Post-Apocalyptic World: The Outpost (#36215)

This was a bit hard before I figured out what to do, as the Zoot Suit Jacket doesn't work in DS when parented to a figure..

Also Used:
    M4 + Zoot Suit + Jepe's Ian-Pierre
    DreamHome Furniture - Dressing room
    RSSY 3Delight to Iray
    Post Apocalyptic Construction Kit
    Skies Of Economy
    ReConX + Manly Poses
    Minerva HD + M3D CS Top Fade Hair + Roman Legionary

The Palermo Grey

At the location for the shooting the the new, yet to be announced, sequel to Mad Max:Fury Road, leading actor Micheal Fore was furious. His palermo grey suit jacket was missing from his cloth rack and his astrologer had said that today he should wear that suit at a dinner with the producer and the director. He shouted:
    - "You, drone camera operator, hiding behind that ridiculous fake beard, did you take it, or did you take it  mud diver? I need it! Search for it you imbeciles!"

rrrr4.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by Totte on

Thanks Luci and Totte for your comments on mine

@Totte #04  Looking Good!  Nothing can bring on another Zoot Suit Riot like touching an Italians duds.

Pull #06

Galloping Action.

Have A Seat

Weekend Fun for Genesis 2 Female(s). 

Dragon's Veil for Genesis 3 Female(s)

• f.boschanskif.boschanski Posts: 188
    edited October 2023

Jippy Goes Nuts V2

got rid of most off the additional stuff and used "the streets of morocco" as environment, because i thought it would be the most fitting one our of my library.
    adjusted poses and expressions on the protagonists, but did not change anything beyond that on the items i had pulled.
    kept the lighting pretty basic. just environmental light plus a single spotlight. Had spent too much time on rearranging to fiddle any longer.
    10 days of lying down ill messed with my shedules enough already.
    Not sure if it was a good choice to move this outside. Probably should have kept an indoor setting, but a less distracting one than the former iteration.

Anyways... its about the actor(s), not the surroundings. and this version is at least more focused on the main subject.

Jippy.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by f.boschanski on
  • ZetharaZethara Posts: 67

Pull 1

Here are your random numbers:

Timestamp: 2023-10-17 17:50:53 UTC

450   DH Dining Room DS (#5307)

2171  Azumi for Aiko (#15743)

628   Dragon Port (#6750)

2447  Ordinarily Three for Genesis 2 Female (#17916)

3050 (LB) Monochromatic Iray Shaders (This was a freebie I think. No link)

Also used:

Victoria 4.2 Base

Aiko 5

Aven clothing for Genesis (tights)

Victoria 5 Elite Ponytail

Paradise Bird Hair

Domino for V4

Dream Home Great Room Breakfast Nook

The Greatest Dragon Adventure: Behind the Scenes

"Are you serious right now? I'm ruining your vision? You sent me a crappy toy set that someone didn't finish painting, a ridiculous squeaky toy dragon and a Barbie doll, and you expect me to create some amazing, dramatic dragon fight scene with it? Maybe you should try claymation... It can't be any worse-- Hey, what's wrong with you? You look like you're about to pass out..."

• ZetharaZethara Posts: 67

I've been really busy with life and I'm glad I thought to peek into the forums. I would have hated to miss RRRR! I have been looking through all the entries and I love them!

@luci45 I love Redon Finds Color! So surreal and the eyeball is awesome! Wow, the story for A Steven Spielberg Anecdote on the Making of Jaws is great on it's own! I love the image!

@Gopherus Zsa Zsa is scary! I like the animation frames for this one. Valient Thor better run haha
    Your What was Doctor Cyclops Thinking" image is cool! I really love Doctor Cyclops' eye. The perspective is great on this. Those poor people, though. Your third pull.. That is one crazy lady!
    Your 5th pull's story really cracked me up. Yay, stolen teeth! :D

@Totte I think you did a good job with the pull you had with Jäger Maestro - Retired Hockey Player. I'd probably check out Jäger's art! Born To Run is a really cool image. There's always that guy staring at the camera in the world... I love your third pull, A small but critical error. Nicely done!

@Ostadan Well, that's one way to direct something!

@Daventaki When at Home is an awesome take on "behind the scenes!" I love the way they are looking at each other. The water and soap in the sink looks amazing.

@f.boschanski I love the facial expression in Jippy Goes Nuts. The image feels crazy aund so fun! Ohh.. I just came to V2... That looks really cool! I think it looks great with that background.

@adamsrobt  I do a lot of NLP data work with AI and your image "CYRAN-O is kind of terrifying, because I could totally see it happening!

edited October 2023

@f.boschanski  good choice

@zethara #01  LOL!  what happens when d&D becomes real?  reminds me of Andre Norton's Quag Keep.  where the characters seize control of the game from the dungeon master and decide to have their own adventure.  Oh No!  is that the sound of the dungeon masters dice i hear?

thanks Zethara for your comments on mine

edited October 2023

tag:luci45#5
    A Tangled Tale of Peter Pumpkin-Eater and Jack O'Lantern
    On the day before All Hallow's Eve, Peter Pumpkin-Eater's estranged wife showed up for her annual visit, talking her usual nonsense.
        "You can't keep the wandering spirits away with these foolish pumpkins, Peter. I should know, being a 'lost one' myself. You have to use honest vegetables from our own soil. Turnips or rutabagas"
        "Foolish woman, these pumpkins from the New World are glorious! They will keep the spirits at bay and make me a lot of money besides. And who is that fool in the tree outside my window?"
        "None other than lonely Jack O'Lantern."
        "Is that so?" Jack did not believe any of this nonsense. "The legendary 'Stingy Jack'? I will invite him in and make him my business partner." 
    Jack, having been fond of money when he was among the living, agreed to the offer, which Peter had made in jest. A profitable business venture was born and wandering ghosts everywhere were inspired to entrepreneurship, including Calais who founded the legendary "Burgers of Calais" restaurant chain in the USA. 

Used:
    731 Calais
    2490 George Hair Set
    2010 Epic Pumpkin Pack
    1026 Collective3d Kitchen Counter Stuff
    1928 Edwardian Inspired Floor Tile Shaders

Also used:
    Shabby Chic Kitchen
    Leprechaun Outfit Hat for Genesis 8 Males
    i13 Vegetables
    Classic Diablo for Torment 8 Character, Hair Set and Outfit
    H&C Checkered Shirt Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s)
    Knives and Blades Vol.1
    George for Genesis 8 Male
    Wool Tartan Cloth Iray Shaders
    Pumpkin Jack's Pumpkin Patch
    Z Vagabond Life Poses and Expressions for Valentino 8
    Earthly for Primavera
    Primavera for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Alieta Spryte Hair for Genesis 2 & Genesis 3 Female(s)
    Terror Eyes for Genesis 2
    Hunters Moon for Cyclorama 

peter and jack 2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 779K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • aprilshowers2065aprilshowers2065 Posts: 710
    edited October 2023

aprilshowers2065: #1

Controversial  Casting Choice

58 Dachshund for Daz Dog 8
    118 Jace for Yuzuru 8
    210 Vrakaros Armor for The Minotaur 6
    831 Travel Core

With a restricted special effects budget, Jace and his assistant, Bernard, decided to make the controversial choice of 'recruiting' a real minotaur for their latest film, Theseus 2156.

RRRR1.png
    1667 x 2000 - 7M
    Post edited by aprilshowers2065 on
  • @luci45:#1 This is gorgeous, really nicely done
    @Gopherus #01 Aha, drawing a clear line around what is hers, I see ;)
    @Totte:#1 Always nice to have a comfortable retirement plan :)
    @luci45:#2 Well, that would have been a very different movie if they had hired her XD
    @Totte: #2 They certainly look like a colourful bunch. Easy to see them inspiring a song or two ;)
    @Ostadan #1 That's one way of removing a spotlight! XD The director seems very passionate about his work
    @Gopherus #02 A more aptly cast doctor for the title :) 
    @Daventaki #1 Gotta keep up that tough guy image somehow ;)
    @Gopherus #03 Anything for immortality :)
    @Totte:#3 Easy mistake to make... XD
    @f.boschanski #1 Haha, that's a zany one! XD Her expression is great
    @f.boschanski #2 Yes, I can see that one being censored for the kids XD
    @adamsrobt: #1 Wow, nothing's sacred. AI is infiltrating everything these days XD
    @luci45:#3 Deep learning or learning of the deep? ;)
    @Gopherus #04 Not the ham sandwiches! XD
    @Daventaki#02 Quick! Pull out the weed wacker!
    @luci45:#4 C'mon Picard, you have to agree that this 'shakes things up' XD
    @Gopherus #05 Just make sure she doesn't have a spare set...
    @Totte:#04 I take it he's not into mix 'n match XD
    @Zethara #1 No need to worry; they only want to help with the realism ;)
    @luci45#5 All good business partnerships need to start somewhere :)

edited October 2023

Gopherus #06

Galloping Action.

Have A Seat.  actually this is a module to create arrays of instances... arrays of seats or arrays of mosquitos

Weekend Fun for Genesis 2 Female(s). 

Dragon's Veil for Genesis 3 Female(s)

When I was Young I Used to Wait…

…And Brush Away the Blue Tail Fly.  Skeeters too…. They grow them mighty big in the bayous.

This one maxed out my machine. I had to render it in sections...

gallop00 bkgd.jpg
    600 x 780 - 530K
    edited October 2023

thanks aprilshowers2065 for your comments on mine

@luci45 #05  are the burghers of calais served on an english muffin with french fries on the side?  good one!  wouldn t you expect an ex to turnup at the worst of times?

@aprilshowers2065 #01  Nice action!  Save the wiener dog Jace, head for the roundhouse,  the minotaur can t corner you there!

Medical Tools 1- Surgical Tools.

Parkside Head Interior. 

Midnight Maiden

Christmas Snowflake V4. 

Lots of old stuff in that pull!

Thanks, Gopherus, Totte, Zethara and aprilshowers2065. (Gopherus, having a dark sense of humor Calais called them "Freedom Fries.")

Gopherus #05 Poor, Meg! I think she wants those teeth back. I like the wicked grin of the woman in front. So, a whole PC bundle? Nice job!
    Totte:#04 Great crazy use of a crazy pull and a non-fitting jacket! I love the bearded drone camera operator.
    Zethara#1 Nice drama from contrast between dragons on lame claymation scene!
    aprilshowers2065: #1 Well, that worked out well. Minotaurs can be temperamental.
    Gopherus #06 A lot of damn skeeters! I used to listen to Burl Ives as a kid but didn't remember the words. I hope the horses don't get bitten and throw the ladies in a ditch.

Pull #6
    3816 Modular Medieval Village
    459 Bad Clown Hairpieces for Genesis 8 Male(s) and Female(s)
    5093 Scorching Black and Red
    3218 Lady of the Lake Texture for Ninive 6
    5347 Space Age Behemoth Outfit (LB)

edited October 2023

Ivar the Horrible - Streaming Now

Didja ever pull your items and know exactly what you wanted to do immediately?  Pull:

Additional Items Used:

Post edited by bohemian3 on

bohemian3, that is wonderful! So many great contrasts. I love the expression and poses. And those textures - from the christmas elves to the tights next to the tattoos! Awesome behind-the-scenes!

edited October 2023

tag:luci45#6
    Why The Hollywood Writer's Strike Ended
    Several of the Hollywood movie producers were thrilled by the latest writers' strike, because it would be cheap and hassle-free to just tell the AI to produce a script with all the best parameters, like aliens, time travel, busty babes and fifties musicals. After viewing the results, it was decided that AI wasn't quite ready yet.

3816 Modular Medieval Village
    459 Bad Clown Hairpieces for Genesis 8 Male(s) and Female(s)
    5093 Scorching Black and Red
    3218 Lady of the Lake Texture for Ninive 6
    5347 Space Age Behemoth Outfit

Also used:
    Wagner Ponytale
    Mathew Hair
    Medieval Wagon
    Retro SciFi Bodysuit
    Retro Ray Guns
    Forest Scout
    Classic Rolled Hair for Genesis
    Villager Clothes for the MFD
    Genesis Tavern Maid 
    Cape for Supersuit
    Defiant 
    Peasant Outfit for Genesis 3 Male(s)
    Peasant Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Medieval Female Peasant Clothing for Genesis
    Medieval Male Peasant Clothing for Genesis
    Tavern Keeper
    New Way to Shimmer

Writers Strike Ends.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 836K
    Post edited by luci45 on

Pull #7

6417 Walk the Dog 8 Poses for Genesis 8
    4893 Ron's Waves
    3506 Mage Tower Iray
    5600 Sushi Time One
    685 Bulrush Plants

edited October 2023

Thank you @luci45 - haven't rended anything in a while so RRRR felt a little like coming home.  For the most part I rely on the pose architect products these days to get me 85% of the way to the poses I want - in my opinion, they do a really good job with center of balance as claimed!  And I got lucky with the Christmas Cotton Fabric Iray Shaders - a surefire way to add RRRR wackiness to any render ;)

--------------------------------------------

And some of my new favorites:

luci45 #6 - Why The Hollywood Writer's Strike Ended
    So spot on - that is exactly what would happen.  Amazing and intrictate detail as always.  Great fun and makes an important statement!

aprilshowers2065: #1 - Controversial  Casting Choice
    Great idea and great execution - I like the sense of movement and the subtle lighting effects are well done.

Zethara - Pull 1 - The Greatest Dragon Adventure: Behind the Scenes
    Terrific idea - I like the way you draw us into the scene with the dialogue and the pose of the character.  Fun reversal as well which proves: don't mess with dragons!

f.boschanski - Jippy Goes Nuts V2
    It's interesting to see you evolve this concept - yes, this is much cleaner allowing us to focus on the fun.  Excellent expression and the background araches work well, I think, to balance the composition.

Totte #04 -  The Palermo Grey
    Yes, behind every major producer power meeting is an astrolger!  So very Hollywood!  Great setup and use of shadows.  Well done!

Gopherus #05 - Now We Can Go Into the Water Again!
    Wonderfully fun and wacky concept, true RRRR moment! I like the tone and lighting.  

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • Thanks for the compliments @Gopherus, @luci45, @bohemian3

@Gopherus: #6 Those are some mighty big skeeters. Glad we don't get them that big here XD

@bohemian3: Nice poses and expressions; they look like they're ready to burst out into song ;)

@luci45: #6 From the looks of it, they'll needs a few more years of improvement, me thinks XD

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 416
    edited October 2023

katywhite:#1
    Title: Chaos is Behind the Crime Scenes
    Caption: Nobody ever notices Chaos, orchestrating in the background. They only notice the results.

Items I Pulled:

17 1036 446 1061
    EG Kin for Genesis 9 Fine Dining Ps Chalk It Up! Murderous Mayhem DM's Memorial DS

RRR Chaos is Behind the Scenes ALT version patched Brightened.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
    Post edited by katywhite on
    edited October 2023

thanks aprilshowers2065, luci45 and bohemian3 for your comments on mine

@luci45 #06  No one told the AI to leave something in reserve for the sequel?  Good one!

@bohemian3  #01  Nice!  it must take hours for all the special effects and this captures the look and feel of the backstage

@katywhite  #01  Chaos has to work extra hard overseeing her artwork.  Well done!