Daz Studio 4.9 Beta Now Available..

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    CathyM said:

Thanks so much to you developers who are here trying to keep your customer base calm and helping us understand what is happening.  I have been trying to follow this thread and find it reflects much of what concerns me so haven't felt the need to echo posts - however I do have a few concerns I don't think I've seen brought up yet and would like to ask them...

1). Back some years ago, I believe it was at the beginning of DS 4, I had several hundred items and was thrilled to find the ability to set up and organize my own categories and put everything, including things that I'd gotten from other stores, where I could find them.  I spend over a week on this and was so relieved when I finished... but then suddenly my database was corrupt!  All my categories dissapeared! At this point I was very discouraged, but didn't want to give up, so again I went through every single item, re-categorizing each one.  And yet again, the database became corrupt, and all my categories were gone. 

For me, that was the end of categories. After that, I began putting things on a separate hard drive in a folder set up how I wanted it with everything WHERE I wanted it.  No more database to corrupt, my files were where I put them. 

Smart content has NEVER worked for me.  When I look at a figure, there is never anything in smart content to match to it.  It's okay with me though because I can find what I want without any problem.  My concern about this new setup is the whole having to use the database system of categories.  I now have several thousand items, not all from DS, (there are other stores out there, Rendo, RDNA, etc. that do offer nice things!) So I really don't want to have to go through the nightmare of sorting all this into categories, only to have the database corrupted and the categories lost.  Is there any safeguard in place now that wasn't there in the past, so that this can't happen?

The current database server, PostgreSQL, is much less likely to have those type of corruption problems to begin with.  It is a more robust, more reliable database server.  This is NOT the same database server that was used in DS 4.  The only known conflict is a long standing one with ZoneAlarm security products.  So, just this change, alone, reduces the chances of the problems you have described, significantly. 

Also, somewhere in the myriad of posts on 4.9 was mention of other improvements to both Smart Content and the process of categorizing your content.  Along with assurances that the store/product metadata is being updated to the current 'proper' format.

CathyM said:

2. The whole DRM thing worries me.  I am not technical.  I don't understand the cloud, or even alot of what people talk about here in relation to textures and lighting and iray.  I do know that I bought a used game once from a local GameStop, I believe it was The Witcher - which had DRM in it.  At that time I didn't have a clue what that meant.  I installed the game and tried to play it, and the video card on my new computer promptly died.  It was a good computer, a good video card, and after that happened and I had to deal with returning the computer by mail to the company (across the country) in order for them to replace the card, I have never felt 100% sure that it wasn't the DRM that destroyed that card.  So, I would like to know that no matter what I do with the files I purchase, there is NO WAY they can harm a computer I put them on.  If I buy a new computer, put them on a laptop, or whatever, the encryption in them will in no way harm my computer. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to read through my concerns.  I'm sorry we are not all able to easily accept these changes, but that just shows you how important this software has become to all of us!  -Cathy

The only hardware 'fatalities' that I know of caused by DRM were caused by a very early version of SafeDisc that caused some CD drives to over run and basically run the laser assembly off the track.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

Thank You.  I've asked elsewhere, but I'll re-iterate the question here:  Will there be a way to use multi-directory content setups with DAZ Connect?  I'm curerently "installing from the cloud", and it looks like everything is being put in a cloud directory in My Library/data.  This means that almost my entire DS content library is getting duplicated, which eats up disk space, and my content directories are being ignored.

You can use multi-directory setups, install what you want to one directory, then switch to a different directory and install other things, they'll still work even if they're in different content folders.

Perhaps someone could explain this bit to me... because I don't see where I can install this somewhere other than My Library.

• Chohole said:

Daz_Rawb has already posted to state what would happen in those unlikely circumstances, and the post has been quoted at least once, if not more.

No, he's posted to state what should happen.

If Daz goes down in a controlled fashion, and if at that time the people in charge follow through on the currently planned process, we shouldn't lose access to any content. That's two ifs and one shouldn't too many.

• Thank You.  I've asked elsewhere, but I'll re-iterate the question here:  Will there be a way to use multi-directory content setups with DAZ Connect?  I'm curerently "installing from the cloud", and it looks like everything is being put in a cloud directory in My Library/data.  This means that almost my entire DS content library is getting duplicated, which eats up disk space, and my content directories are being ignored.

You can use multi-directory setups, install what you want to one directory, then switch to a different directory and install other things, they'll still work even if they're in different content folders.

Perhaps someone could explain this bit to me... because I don't see where I can install this somewhere other than My Library.

Currently, use the Content Directory manager (available from the Content Library or Smart Content option menu) to move the folder you want to use to the top of the list of DAZ Studio Format Directories and that Data folder will be used for the cloud folder.

• Imago said:

Ok, understood!

Since I'm here and I have your attention... Someone is havig issues rendering with 3DLight i  4.9?

It gives me infinite stripes all long the render when in the scene there is some tiled material, like a seamless sone wall...

Yes, there is a tiling issue with 3Delight for scenes created in older versions (I'm not sure of the exact triggers)  - it's a known bug.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874

Okay, I'm back. As you'll recall, suddenly my Smart Content dropped most the content. My Genesis 3 Females were what I was working with. Then after doing a render, only one female (Genesis) showed up. I logged in and out, closed the studio, nothing helped.

So hours later, opened studio up again, and down at the bottom, it flashed 2 metadata succeeded, 2 failed- it was only a millisecond, but that was the gist of it.

And to be clear, Smart Content doesn't even organize the females by Genesis, 2, and 3. It was all lumped only under

Fantasy-Sci Fi>Male 

Female> Stylized

Real World>Female

Stylized> Female  (and also Male)

THIS IS AWFUL. So Spooky said it sounded like the content didn't migrate. Well, okay, it did initially, and now I'm forever in LAH LAH LAND without it? This is not good. Content coming and going- 99.9% going?  I've now got totally different things (mostly toon) showing up that weren't in the first comprehensive group, like the stragglers decided to come to the party so everyone else left. 

This is a Beta, so what can I do to help you with this? A log file or something? The 4.9 Smart Content is totally unusable for me.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited October 2015

So question, can I have my content installed to an external hard drive so I can install daz studio on my desktop and laptop, so when I leave I can take my laptop and drive so I can connect to the internet I realize that will make for a slower and worse workflow but my desktop doesn't go online with no internet service

Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited October 2015
    dkgoose said:

So question, can I have my content installed to an external hard drive so I can install daz studio on my desktop and laptop, so when I leave I can take my laptop and drive so I can connect to the internet I realize that will make for a slower and worse workflow but my desktop doesn't go online with no internet service

Content will be installed in a sub-directory of the first DS content directory listed, and that can definitely be on an external drive. The problem is, assuming that the version of DS installed on the desktop would see the content automatically once the drive is plugged, you wouldn't have the key needed to decode it on the desktop machine if you didn't connect it at least once, so you wouldn't be able to use that content IMO.

Daz people said they have plans for an "offline install system" that should be ready before the official version is released, to handle cases where you can't do the downloading on the machine where DS is installed, this would probably be a better solution for you.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Isn't providing an unencrypted product Zip file of drop and play content. A little like parking your car out the front of a halfway house with the windows down and the keys in the ignition with a little sign on the seat saying "Please don't steal me."? ...

I have another story ;-)

I sell you my car. You just have to enter a code to drive it but it's no big deal you only have to enter it once.
    Well, I have to admit that under certain circumstances the code gets invalid (if you e.g replace the engine of the car)
    but don't worry I will always be there to supply a new working code :-)

Would you buy the car ?

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited October 2015

Oh sweet, I didn't see that post, thanks for the reply, right now I either use dim or I download the dim files from my account on my phone then move them to my downloads folder so dim can install them if I won't be going anywhere with Internet, I was under the impression from reading you had to have Internet or you'd be out of luck on the newer releases, so I do hope they actually make that an option

Post edited by Dkgoose on

Isn't providing an unencrypted product Zip file of drop and play content. A little like parking your car out the front of a halfway house with the windows down and the keys in the ignition with a little sign on the seat saying "Please don't steal me."? ...

I have another story ;-)

I sell you my car. You just have to enter a code to drive it but it's no big deal you only have to enter it once.
    Well, I have to admit that under certain circumstances the code gets invalid (if you e.g replace the engine of the car)

Would you buy the car ?

With what I'm experiencing with all my Smart Content disappearing, it's more like "I sell you my car. It's got new paint, new upholstery, top of the line Bose speakers. But the second time you get in the car, there's no seats, steering wheel, speakers...and why do you need paint?" 

I don't use Smart Content, but since it's Beta, they want to know what's happening so I'm reporting it.

The latest- I reimported all the metadata and about 2300 of them were reimported (DIM has 4160 items) and no go without shutting down and restarting.

Shut down and restarted- still no go. At the bottom, it said it updated 3 out of 4 metadata. Then that blurb about 2 succeeded and 2 failed flashed again. But more than that is failing, as I said pages back, I had THIRTY  Genesis 3 Females disappear.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Novica said:

With what I'm experiencing with all my Smart Content disappearing, it's more like "I sell you my car. It's got new paint, new upholstery, top of the line Bose speakers. But the second time you get in the car, there's no seats, steering wheel, speakers...and why do you need paint?" 

I don't use Smart Content, but since it's Beta, they want to know what's happening so I'm reporting it.

The latest- I reimported all the metadata and about 2300 of them were reimported (DIM has 4160 items) and no go without shutting down and restarting.

Shut down and restarted- still no go. At the bottom, it said it updated 3 out of 4 metadata. Then that blurb about 2 succeeded and 2 failed flashed again. But more than that is failing, as I said pages back, I had THIRTY  Genesis 3 Females disappear.

Yeah, that's exactly why I stopped bothering with the smart content crap. I spent like a week doing smart content stuff, only to have it screw itself up twice, that was enough for me. Was supposed to be database corruption that did it.  

The way I do it now, reorganizing the directory itself, of every product, I do it once, and never have to again. Even in the event of a hard drive failure, all I would have to do is unzip everything as is to a new drive. Might take a few hours sure, but I wouldn't have to do anything except select all, right click, extract here, and let it do it's thing. Never mind having to catagorize all the thousands of stuff I got one by one every time. 

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited October 2015

Isn't providing an unencrypted product Zip file of drop and play content. A little like parking your car out the front of a halfway house with the windows down and the keys in the ignition with a little sign on the seat saying "Please don't steal me."? ...

I have another story ;-)

Would you buy the car ?

Forgive me, but I feel the issues your are talking about here have been addressed earlier in this thread.

And as far as the car goes after you sell it to me, I need to register it annually, insure it, consistantly maintain and service it. Continually make sure I have the correct and current permissions to drive it, such as a valid drivers licence, good eyesight, no health disorders. Rely on the fact that none of the critical parts manufacturers go broke or discontinue parts I need for general operation of the car, Rely on the government to maintain roads to a level where my car would be useable for the intended purpose. Rely on the promise that no new goverment regulations would be passed to prevent the use of my vehicle like expensive environmental protection systems or safety features not present becoming mandatory for registration. Rely on the car being in good condition and true when you sell it to me, ie no hidden defects like a crooked chasis. Money to fuel it and provide for other consumables ....

Any of these fail I have no car, no recourse for compensation.

So it seems that buying a car from you is infinitely more complex then purchasing 3D content with a significantly higher potential for issue and risk for me in the future. Strangely I see cars and car sales everywhere.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • pearbearpearbear Posts: 227
    edited October 2015

I have another story ;-)

Would you buy the car ?

Forgive me, but I feel the issues your are talking about here have been addressed earlier in this thread.

And as far as the car goes after you sell it to me, I need to register it annually, insure it, consistantly maintain and service it. Continually make sure I have the correct and current permissions to drive it, such as a valid drivers licence, good eyesight, no health disorders. Rely on the fact that none of the critical parts manufacturers go broke or discontinue parts I need for general operation of the car, Rely on the government to maintain roads to a level where my car would be useable for the intended purpose. Rely on the promise that no new goverment regulations would be passed to prevent the use of my vehicle like expensive environmental protection systems or safety features not present becoming mandatory for registration. Rely on the car being in good condition and true when you sell it to me, ie no hidden defects like a crooked chasis. Money to fuel it and provide for other consumables ....

So it seems that buying a car from you is infinitely more complex then purchasing 3D content with a significantly higher potential for issue and risk for me in the future. Strangely I see cars and car sales everywhere.

I couldn't have made a better argument myself for why we don't want encrypted content. We like the way the DAZ store works now, it's beautifully simple and straightforward. We in no way want to see it become more like the auto industry.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    wsterdan said:
    DAZ_Rawb said:
    I see what you did there. Talk about a walk down Memory Lane...

Almost brilliant... he should change "or just waiting for the cable company to show up to fix your internet" to "or just waiting for The Cable Guy to show up to fix your internet" wink

-- Walt Sterdan

The Cable Guy was released in 1996, and if memory serves every film he mentioned was released in 1995. I didn't check, though, so I could be wrong. I had originally considered making my post to read I Know What You Did Last Summer, but that was 1997. wink

• CrimsonMagicCrimsonMagic Posts: 129
    edited October 2015

Forgive me, but I feel the issues your are talking about here have been addressed earlier in this thread. And as far as the car goes after you sell it to me, I need to register it annually, insure it, consistantly maintain and service it. Continually make sure I have the correct and current permissions to drive it, such as a valid drivers licence, good eyesight, no health disorders. Rely on the fact that none of the critical parts manufacturers go broke or discontinue parts I need for general operation of the car, Rely on the government to maintain roads to a level where my car would be useable for the intended purpose. Rely on the promise that no new goverment regulations would be passed to prevent the use of my vehicle like expensive environmental protection systems or safety features not present becoming mandatory for registration. Rely on the car being in good condition and true when you sell it to me, ie no hidden defects like a crooked chasis. Money to fuel it and provide for other consumables .... Any of these fail I have no car, no recourse for compensation. So it seems that buying a car from you is infinitely more complex then purchasing 3D content with a significantly higher potential for issue and risk for me in the future. Strangely I see cars and car sales everywhere.

I interpret your answer as: NO

And my answer to DRM protected items is also: NO

Btw, I've bought all your stuff up to now. I can only speak for myself but my decision is clear: I do not buy DRM protected stuff. Good luck.

edited October 2015

Yep, DBs are a pain. Got every database to crash since 20 years with loss of data LOL
    Best thing for me is to hold

I have another story ;-)

Would you buy the car ?

And my answer to DMR protected item is also: NO

Btw, I've bought all your stuff up to now. I can only speak for myself but my decision is clear: I do not buy DRM protected stuff. Good luck.

Fair enough, its your opinion and your entirely entitled to it.

I just hope that by working together that there is a middle ground for all parties to move forward in a positive direction on this issue without becoming bogged down in the associated stigma of words like DRM and Cloud Computing.

Thanks for buying all of my stuff I really do appreciate it and hope you have enjoyed each item. So also goodluck to yourself in whatever life brings your way! smiley

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Seems that forum mixed up my post with another item I was just editing LOL

We will see what happens and what DAZ decides to do ... the  answer is 42 ... Peace!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Yep, DBs are a pain. Got every database to crash since 20 years with loss of data LOL

I've been using QuickBooks 2000 since, well, 2000, and I've never had a DB crash. Just sayin'...

edited October 2015

I have another story ;-)

Would you buy the car ?

CrimsonMagic said:

Design Anvil - Razor42 said:

I just hope that by working together that there is a middle ground for all parties to move forward in a positive direction on this issue without becoming bogged down in the associated stigma of words like DRM and Cloud Computing.

Thanks for buying all of my stuff I really do appreciate it and hope you have enjoyed each item. So also goodluck to youself! smiley

pearbear:

Our problem isn't born out of "the associated stigma of words like DRM and Cloud Computing", it's a real concern based on past experience that encrypted products we buy will possibly become inaccessible to us in the future. The whole point of DRM is to make the protected data inaccessible, except to the verified user. If everything goes well, then no problem. If something goes wrong, as often does with any technology, then the legitimate user can't access their data. If that happens in 10-15 years when DAZ may for all we know be a different company or no longer in business, who is going to fix it? To suggest that people who spend money here have no valid reason to worry about that seems disingenuous.

I'm also a customer of yours. I don't own everything you've made, but some items. I'm getting a lot of use out of DA Sunglasses, they're a great product, my favorite glasses for DAZ figures. Like CrimsonMagic, I'll have to pass on products from DAZ with DRM though.

(quoted text edited to correct formatting error)

Post edited by pearbear on
    icecrmn said:

The underlying mess of the folder structure is a hold over from Poser thinking and can not be reasonably fixed. Further adjusting that folder structure can and does cause products to get broken.

The most efficeint way to organize large amounts of data, so that it has and maintains relationships is through the use of a database. This works regardless of the actual physical structure of the files and is exactly the design purpose of a database. It improves and speeds searches, allows searches to be transparent to the customer. (I want a shirt that fit Victoria 7, I don't have to build a search, there already is one.) I have pants that fit both Michael 6 and Victoria 6, I don't have to have two copies of the pants, I have one copy, and when looking at pants for either Victoria 6 or Michael 6 it shows up. 

It is easy to talk about, but without a common frame of reference and a practical example it isn't going to make much sense. So we are in the process of making a video to show how it works (in my mind something that I should have done to answer questions long before now, since nobody had done it. Mea culpa.) so people can see it before judging it.  

Nyghtfall said:

The problem with using DS to organize content is that, while everything may look nice and tidy in the program, the underlying folder structure remains a bloated mess of files.  If something does go wrong internally, and we find ourselves at our wits end trying to fix it, the first thing someone like me is going to want to do is open the file system and examine the folder structure as a backup option.  My understanding is that will not be possible with DAZ Connect-exclusive content.

Wouldn't it then be possible to make the Content Library pane completely dynamic? The reason most users are shuffling the folder/files is to change the appearance in the Content Library pane anyway.

If users could just simply drag-n-drop stuff on that pane to their hearts desire, and not touch the underlying files it would solve a couple problems.

1) the underlying files would still be in the default location so support would be easier.

2) we could make our own custom catalogs :)

+1x10^157

edited October 2015

pearbear said:
    Syndaryl said:
    DAZ_Jon said:

I have another story ;-)

Would you buy the car ?

Thanks for buying all of my stuff I really do appreciate it and hope you have enjoyed each item. So also goodluck to youself! smiley

Our problem isn't born out of "the associated stigma of words like DRM and Cloud Computing", it's a real concern based on past experience that encrypted products we buy will possibly become inaccessible to us in the future. The whole point of DRM is to make the protected data inaccessible, except to the verified user. If everything goes well, then no problem. If something goes wrong, as often does with any technology, then the legitimate user can't access their data. If that happens in 10-15 years when DAZ may for all we know be a different company or no longer in business, who is going to fix it? To suggest that people who spend money here have no valid reason to worry about that seems disingenuous.

I'm also a customer of yours. I don't own everything you've made, but some items. I'm getting a lot of use out of DA Sunglasses, they're a great product, my favorite glasses for DAZ figures. Like CrimsonMagic, I'll have to pass on products from DAZ with DRM though.

I'm glad you liked the Sunnies, I was particularily happy with that set myself. So thanks for letting me know. smiley

I wasn't trying to imply that your concerns are invalid or not relevent, just trying to give a little insight into the issue from a PA's point of view.

Unfortunately these days not much in life is 100% guarateed, including life itself. But personally while trying to mitigate any direct risks to my health or safety, I never would let fear of what could happen in the worst case restrict me from doing the things I love in life, even if it means I need to accept a certain amount of risk in doing them. But I'm sure at the end of the day you will pick the path which is best for yourself as an individual moving forward.

I'm going to step away from this thread to avoid further bloating it with ideas, issues or viewpoints that have already been raised.

Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on
    edited October 2015

pearbear said:
    Syndaryl said:
    DAZ_Jon said:

I have another story ;-)

Would you buy the car ?

I'm glad you liked the Sunnies, I was particularily happy with that set myself. So thanks for letting me know. smiley

I wasn't trying to imply that your concerns are invalid or not relevent, just trying to give a little insight into the issue from a PA's point of view.

Unfortunately these days not much in life is 100% guarateed, including life itself. But personally while trying to mitigate any direct risks to my health or safety, I never would let fear of what could happen in the worst case restrict me from doing the things I love in life, even if it means I need to accept a certain amount of risk in doing them. But I'm sure at the end of the day you will pick the path which is best for yourself as an individual moving forward.

I'm going to step away from this thread to avoid further bloating it with ideas, issues or viewpoints that have already been raised.

I appreciate getting your thoughts as a PA on it. I'm interested in reading as many different opinions on the topic as possible. A change to the store like what is being suggested by DAZ Connect would affect all of us for whom DAZ is important, both PA's and their customers.

dkgoose said:

I do that myself. I told the file manager to install only on the external drive (by deleting all of the defaults and adding the one place of my own), and that will work every time, inculding DC installs.  You can have DIM do the same thing. I install the software to a Tools directory on a secondary internal drive, and content to a drive I can move between machines as necessary.

This does work with 4.9. This has been tested and not found wanting. You still get your .zips, you can move between machines without difficulty, and with minimal knowledge of networking you can tell DAZ to hook into a content directory that's on an entirely different machine. I do move files, usually to group folders from a single generation to a single location(Generation 3, Genesis 3, etc)and nothing else changes unless things get completely out of hand. Having to hunt Stonemason in Props rather than Environments is a bit naff, but I'm over it now.

The only issue I'm havign right this minute is Iray despising my video card, which is admittedly a two year old Mobile card with 3GB on it.

On the flip side, I can now use scenery that made 4.8's Iray giggle manaically while stabbing both me and Studio in the backside.

Novica said:

I have another story ;-)

Would you buy the car ?

You getting 2300 bits of metadata for 4160 items isn't a surprise, actually. How many of those 4160 items are either Poser or Studio Companion Files?

I'm going to guess that it'll be somewhere between 1800 and 1900 items... Or General downloads like .obj kits that Stefan provides, MRs, and so forth. Check and see how many actual products you have in your purchase history-- good bet is that number is at or very near 2300.

Novica said:

You getting 2300 bits of metadata for 4160 items isn't a surprise, actually. How many of those 4160 items are either Poser or Studio Companion Files?

I'm going to guess that it'll be somewhere between 1800 and 1900 items... Or General downloads like .obj kits that Stefan provides, MRs, and so forth. Check and see how many actual products you have in your purchase history-- good bet is that number is at or very near 2300.

It doesn't really matter because only about 12 things are showing up, whether it be 1900 products or 4000. no

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

My big issue with relying on the Smart Content library is that it only ever gives you none of what you want or way too much. If I go to figures, I get 5700 models from 234 different ranges and generations. Most of us care which generation a figure is from when picking out what we want to use. Smart Content doesn't. When you try to say adjust the skin for that character, Smart Content will only show materials that work on that particular character - but it will show ALL of them. When they're named things like "01" with some random pinkish image as a massive amount of various characters are, the choices offered are completely unhelpful. With no structure to the files they lose all definition (of course there are a small amount where every file is named appropriately to help you know what it is, but this is rare.)

Also this is really minor but I don't like the way most of the categories are the same except that People is now hidden away in Figures. 99% of what anyone is going to do in Daz is going to involve a person ... why make it an extra click to get to?

The Categories system may lack the features and support to make it really nice, but at least I can organise things in a way that I want to, which is what your customers want to do. Smart Content is never going to work well enough for me without it renaming pretty much every file released to date (which obviously will not happen) so why not do the simpler thing that everyone wants and give us a good way for US to pick how we organise things that won't damage the file system, etc. 

Novica said:
    Novica said:

It doesn't really matter because only about 12 things are showing up, whether it be 1900 products or 4000. no

That is kind of entertaining. Did you move any of the .duf files around at all?

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited October 2015

Only now have I been able to work out how to get the light presets to show up in Smart Content and even then it does not show all of them.. Case in point Age of Armours Advance Ambient, Spot and Distant lights.. They show up in the Content Library yet not in Smart Content, what was most interesting in all of this was when I connected and all the metadata was being downloaded I then had to go into database maintenance to reimport everything because I had a lot of files that are on my system saything the were not and needed to be reinstalled via the cloud, once I did reimport the metadata the products showed up properly.. But then again thinking about it now all of this was more than likely due to having the content in custom folders but was still annoying..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
    Novica said:
    Novica said:
    That is kind of entertaining. Did you move any of the .duf files around at all?

Nope. I have so many products, I use the Dim "i", click on it, get the ReadMe ultra fast, and know exactly where things are. What is frustrating, the files were all there the first time I loaded 4.9 last night. Remember, I was singing its praises? Not any more!

This discussion has been closed.