Daz Studio 4.9 Beta Now Available..

1252627282931»

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141
    Jan19 said:

Sorry but I did not read the whole thread but what happened to the 8.9 beta?  I could not find it last night.

I thought she was 4.9. smiley  ​

Oops no wonder I could not find it.  I will look again tonight.  I am part dyslexic and get numbers confused at times.

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    Jan19 said:

Sorry but I did not read the whole thread but what happened to the 8.9 beta?  I could not find it last night.

Oops no wonder I could not find it.  I will look again tonight.  I am part dyslexic and get numbers confused at times.

smiley  I am perpetually confused, so it's totally ok.

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817
    lx said:

Thank you for clarifying that. I didn't think it would actually be bad, but Daz being really open and transparent about everything they're doing helps a ton and makes us like you more (well me at least.)

p.s. I asked earlier but didn't see a response: does the amount of content installed in Daz actually effect the speed of it running? I have a feeling the issues I was experiencing were due to me moving the temp folder, but I want to be sure that leaving everything I'm not using installed all the time isn't affecting anything.

If you run in a connected mode then all of the metadata for your products is loaded in to your database when you finish the first metadata fetch. Since everything is loaded in to your database already it doesn't change the performance if more items are installed. This is why we put some extra effort in to optimizing the database and ran it through it's paces on accounts loaded with every single product in the store.

If you run in offline mode then only the installed products will be loaded in your database.

• Jan19 said:

Obviously you're not using the Windows (TM) counting system.  There is no 9, only Zuule.

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757
    edited November 2015

So DAZ_RawB (Rob?), it sounds like encryption is the biggest thorn here. Beyond expressing great concern for it in this thread, is there anything more we can to discourage the powers that be to change course? I supposed I could start looking through my recent orders and start returning items again.

And will there be any improvements to creating our own "Products" for non-DAZ purchased content? I would love to some separate name spaces to make it easier for others to add metadata that would guarantee it will never stomp on DAZ's stuff. I suppose the incentive isn't there, especially if you plan to force DRM on us. I know I will be seriously considering spending at RMP and RDNA instead of here in the future.

There are too many potential gotcha's going down the DRM route and you guys do not have the clout that Adobe does. Some people on here use their content to make a living, and this new DRM scheme is a serious risk that they now have to factor in. I've been thinking about turning this into more than a hobby as well (given my investment in content) and this has really given me pause. You guys do not have the clout that Adobe does and we already know how lackluster support is not counting sales and how you tend to dump on your customers (unannounced website updates, removal of the dark theme, etc.). Your past history demands we treat this with concern. You really need to pull the DRM and put more faith in your customer base. And if some PA's do not want to join because of that, then so be it. As was pointed out, iTunes sells DRM free music. Heck. Amazon sells DRM free eBooks. I know piracy is a concern, but all this DRM will do is drive legitimate customers away. And we may even be forced to track down a pirated version to do something we want to do with the content we bought, and think about THAT slippery slope. You may think of Steam as a legitimate model, but that is mainly for GAMES. No one is going to bet their business on Steam (outside of making games), so this DRM scheme is a serious concern for anyone using this content for more than just a hobby.  It really boggles my mind that you are even thinking of going down this path.

Post edited by argel1200 on
    argel1200 said:

So DAZ_RawB (Rob?), it sounds like encryption is the biggest thorn here. Beyond expressing great concern for it in this thread, is there anything more we can to discourage the powers that be to change course? I supposed I could start looking through my recent orders and start returning items again.

And will there be any improvements to creating our own "Products" for non-DAZ purchased content? I would love to some separate name spaces to make it easier for others to add metadata that would guarantee it will never stomp on DAZ's stuff. I suppose the incentive isn't there, especially if you plan to force DRM on us. I know I will be seriously considering spending at RMP and RDNA instead of here in the future.

There are too many potential gotcha's going down the DRM route and you guys do not have the clout that Adobe does. Some people on here use their content to make a living, and this new DRM scheme is a serious risk that they now have to factor in. I've been thinking about turning this into more than a hobby as well (given my investment in content) and this has really given me pause. You guys do not have the clout that Adobe does and we already know how lackluster support is not counting sales and how you tend to dump on your customers (unannounced website updates, removal of the dark theme, etc.). Your past history demands we treat this with concern. You really need to pull the DRM and put more faith in your customer base. And if some PA's do not want to join because of that, then so be it. As was pointed out, iTunes sells DRM free music. Heck. Amazon sells DRM free eBooks. I know piracy is a concern, but all this DRM will do is drive legitimate customers away. And we may even be forced to track down a pirated version to do something we want to do with the content we bought, and think about THAT slippery slope. You may think of Steam as a legitimate model, but that is mainly for GAMES. No one is going to bet their business on Steam (outside of making games), so this DRM scheme is a serious concern for anyone using this content for more than just a hobby.  It really boggles my mind that you are even thinking of going down this path.

I hope this addresses some of your concerns with the encryption used in Daz Studio:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/940862/#Comment_940862

We are trying to be as upfront and clear about this because as users learn the truth about what it actually means we generally manage to turn a frown upside down. wink

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited November 2015
    DAZ_Rawb said:
    argel1200 said:

I hope this addresses some of your concerns with the encryption used in Daz Studio:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/940862/#Comment_940862

We are trying to be as upfront and clear about this because as users learn the truth about what it actually means we generally manage to turn a frown upside down. wink

I find this link, with you comments very encouraging, as I was pretty much in agreement with argel1200; I'm not saying I'm completely 100% reassured, but I am more than willing to adapt a wait-and-see atttitude, which was something I was far from sanguine about.

The fact you have a process in place for if something happens to Daz, does (imo) show you have been listening to your customers. I hope you don't have to use it of course.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Spit said:
    Jan19 said:
    Spit said:
    DAZ_Jon said:

My biggest concern is access to my products, and backing said products up.  I maintain the Install Manager download directory on a seperate, portable drive in case I have to re-install DAZ Studio and/or DIM.  Doing this means I don't have to spend hours re-downloading products.  As is, I installed 4.9 Beta more than two hours ago, and I've only finished installing Genesis and Genesis 3 from the cloud.  I've still got 1128 items to go, and DS is sitting at 2%.

So, is the plan then to eliminate the Install Manager?

Install Manager will be around for a long while yet as we have products outside of Daz Studio. The goal is to eventually make it so Studio doesn't need a third party application to manage its own content, so the need for Install Manager to get Studio content and plugins and updates will be gone as Install Manager, while a huge improvement over no Install Manager, is still a clunky way to do it.

There is a feature planned, not sure if it will make it into this release or next, that will "convert" an Install Manager installed product to Daz Connect installed (so it won't need to redownload, will just do the things it needs to to make it so it can be updated and managed automatically by Studio) which would help minimize the need to redownload files.

You can still backup your content you download though and restore your install from that downloaded content (including the meta data). In the mapped folder where your Studio is installing your content, you can back that up and restore from it and it will have all the meta data with it so it can recreate what you would get if you downloaded it fresh.

This is much earlier in the thread, but I'm compelled to respond. The worry for me is never any specific Studio update, but it's where it's all leading and I'm pretty, no make that very, sure I don't like where we're being taken. Right now we have flexibility. One can use Smart Content and fight with Categories, use the Content Library either as is as a supplement to Smart Content or rearranged to one's liking, use DIM or not. Heck, I've actually found it more convenient sometimes to drag and drop into scenes from Explorer.

It doesn't matter that for this build and perhaps a few more we can simply ignore Connect because you're going to remove our flexibility and rid us of that 'clunky' program called DIM that I consider an absolutely brilliant piece of very useful coding. Eventually we'll be stuck with only Connect.

That's it, right? The Cloud (da Plane! da Plane!). What should come next, though, MIGHT be something I'd go along with: filling your scene directly from da Cloud--no installation necessary. Oh the bandwidth, right? But only if I can browse through my licensed content instead of relying on categories and keywords. I really hate that. But that will never happen so forget it. 'Cloud' is now a swear word to me.

We're artists and more like cats than sheep. I like browsing content for inspiration. Sometimes I may look for something specific but usually I toodle through folders looking for that something that will talk to me in this specific scene and I haven't a clue what it will be until I stumble across it. You are in the process of removing that ability completely! .I can do trite like anyone else, but you're making it so much easier by forcing us to be keyword dependent. Not good.

It started with DIM and I sensed the direction but I really love that program. Now you're phasing out updates and heading towards its elimination.

Categories, keywords, metadata. Isn't it odd that a content company spends so much time on database work.

I thought I was the only one who stumbled on surprise/perfect for the scene content, while I was looking for something entirely different! :-)   Just kidding.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall, in the corporate office.  As long as there was no fly swat nearby.

It's a BIG HUGE fly swatter. Be afraid :)

I'm NOT installing the Beta. I may boycott the release version if it gets that far.

I am still not on board with this DRM after the fact scheme...

I made my purchases as one condition. I am not sure that changing that condition later is valid. Unless you allow 4.8 to remain available, instead of phasing it out when 4.9 goes live.

There is no DRM after the fact.  All content currently available will remain available in unencrypted DIM and zip form, and DS4.9 will continue to be able to work with this content.

At what point does new content switch in format? The release version of 4.9? or ?  I assume after that point old (current) content can be downloaded and installed with DIM but any new content will require 4.9+ and Connect (and by extension we must use Smart Content--pfeh).

Quite frankly I want to know how long I have left to purchase stuff from DAZ.

We have been told that there are no current plans to release content in Connect-only format.

Unfortunately, this just means that you've been fed the same line of bullshit as the rest of us. And it is bullshit - I can prove it:

• Encryption provides no protection whatsoever if the content is also available in unencrypted form.
    • It follows that, if all content continues to be available unencrypted through DIM or direct download, the encryption in Daz Connect is worthless.
    • Daz would not have put this much effort into something that is worthless.
    • Therefore, there will be content which is unavailable in unencrypted form.
    • The encrypted form is usable only through Daz Connect.
    • Therefore, there will be content in Connect-only format. Q.E.D.
    nicstt said:

I agree that to put this much effort, cost, not to mention the stress to some customers, is pointless if they don't intend to use it; it is kind of insulting of them to expect us to believe they are going to all this trouble, and then not to at least try and benefit from the system.

I don't like DRM.

That isn't my issue, as there are systems out there that deliver protected products that don't affect the use: Netflix is a good example as I use it.

So it's likely that it would be more accurate to say, I dislike it when it impacts my experience; I won't be buying encrypted only products until I know how I will be affected.

I would expect most of those concerned to be of similar opinion.

I will continue to watch, and to read what is posted. And to watch that what is done matches said posts.

My phrasing was off - better to say no content currently planned for release will be Connect-only. Presumably the system was set up with the intent that it would be used at some point - though by one of DAZ_RawB's posts, there is at least a possibility that items will be Connect-only for only a certain time (but there wasn't any assertion that this is the plan - it was just mentioned as a possibility).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,570
    edited November 2015
    marble said:

I must say that I'm bewildered by all this but my impression is that DAZ is about to shoot itself in the foot, judging by the responses I'm seeing here and elsewhere. Firstly, I see absolutely no incentive to "upgrade" to 4.9 just so that DAZ can exercise conrol on what computer I use for my hobby and what content I choose. Secondly, the people at Rendo and other shops must be popping the champagne corks. I've just subscribed to PC+ for a year but I doubt that I'll be up for buying DRM controlled content. I wouldn't be surprised to see some PA's jump ship too.

I have two runtimes - one for DIM and one in Poser format for non-DAZ products. I also do a mirror backup to a USB drive every week. As I see it, my options to continue like this are about to be limited because I am being considered a potential pirate. I have no pirated content nor would I ever be tempted to go that route but I'm being treated as someone who might anyway. 

You can still choose which content directory to use - though at the moemnt the method is clunky, using the reordering of the list of directories. You can still do back-ups, and restoring to the same machine shoudl work without any need to go online (restoring to a different machine might require a connection to reregister the account).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Spit said:
    Jan19 said:
    Spit said:
    DAZ_Jon said:

My biggest concern is access to my products, and backing said products up.  I maintain the Install Manager download directory on a seperate, portable drive in case I have to re-install DAZ Studio and/or DIM.  Doing this means I don't have to spend hours re-downloading products.  As is, I installed 4.9 Beta more than two hours ago, and I've only finished installing Genesis and Genesis 3 from the cloud.  I've still got 1128 items to go, and DS is sitting at 2%.

So, is the plan then to eliminate the Install Manager?

Install Manager will be around for a long while yet as we have products outside of Daz Studio. The goal is to eventually make it so Studio doesn't need a third party application to manage its own content, so the need for Install Manager to get Studio content and plugins and updates will be gone as Install Manager, while a huge improvement over no Install Manager, is still a clunky way to do it.

There is a feature planned, not sure if it will make it into this release or next, that will "convert" an Install Manager installed product to Daz Connect installed (so it won't need to redownload, will just do the things it needs to to make it so it can be updated and managed automatically by Studio) which would help minimize the need to redownload files.

You can still backup your content you download though and restore your install from that downloaded content (including the meta data). In the mapped folder where your Studio is installing your content, you can back that up and restore from it and it will have all the meta data with it so it can recreate what you would get if you downloaded it fresh.

This is much earlier in the thread, but I'm compelled to respond. The worry for me is never any specific Studio update, but it's where it's all leading and I'm pretty, no make that very, sure I don't like where we're being taken. Right now we have flexibility. One can use Smart Content and fight with Categories, use the Content Library either as is as a supplement to Smart Content or rearranged to one's liking, use DIM or not. Heck, I've actually found it more convenient sometimes to drag and drop into scenes from Explorer.

It doesn't matter that for this build and perhaps a few more we can simply ignore Connect because you're going to remove our flexibility and rid us of that 'clunky' program called DIM that I consider an absolutely brilliant piece of very useful coding. Eventually we'll be stuck with only Connect.

That's it, right? The Cloud (da Plane! da Plane!). What should come next, though, MIGHT be something I'd go along with: filling your scene directly from da Cloud--no installation necessary. Oh the bandwidth, right? But only if I can browse through my licensed content instead of relying on categories and keywords. I really hate that. But that will never happen so forget it. 'Cloud' is now a swear word to me.

We're artists and more like cats than sheep. I like browsing content for inspiration. Sometimes I may look for something specific but usually I toodle through folders looking for that something that will talk to me in this specific scene and I haven't a clue what it will be until I stumble across it. You are in the process of removing that ability completely! .I can do trite like anyone else, but you're making it so much easier by forcing us to be keyword dependent. Not good.

It started with DIM and I sensed the direction but I really love that program. Now you're phasing out updates and heading towards its elimination.

Categories, keywords, metadata. Isn't it odd that a content company spends so much time on database work.

I thought I was the only one who stumbled on surprise/perfect for the scene content, while I was looking for something entirely different! :-)   Just kidding.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall, in the corporate office.  As long as there was no fly swat nearby.

It's a BIG HUGE fly swatter. Be afraid :)

I'm NOT installing the Beta. I may boycott the release version if it gets that far.

I am still not on board with this DRM after the fact scheme...

I made my purchases as one condition. I am not sure that changing that condition later is valid. Unless you allow 4.8 to remain available, instead of phasing it out when 4.9 goes live.

There is no DRM after the fact.  All content currently available will remain available in unencrypted DIM and zip form, and DS4.9 will continue to be able to work with this content.

At what point does new content switch in format? The release version of 4.9? or ?  I assume after that point old (current) content can be downloaded and installed with DIM but any new content will require 4.9+ and Connect (and by extension we must use Smart Content--pfeh).

Quite frankly I want to know how long I have left to purchase stuff from DAZ.

We have been told that there are no current plans to release content in Connect-only format.

Unfortunately, this just means that you've been fed the same line of bullshit as the rest of us. And it is bullshit - I can prove it:

• Encryption provides no protection whatsoever if the content is also available in unencrypted form.
    • It follows that, if all content continues to be available unencrypted through DIM or direct download, the encryption in Daz Connect is worthless.
    • Daz would not have put this much effort into something that is worthless.
    • Therefore, there will be content which is unavailable in unencrypted form.
    • The encrypted form is usable only through Daz Connect.
    • Therefore, there will be content in Connect-only format. Q.E.D.
    nicstt said:

I agree that to put this much effort, cost, not to mention the stress to some customers, is pointless if they don't intend to use it; it is kind of insulting of them to expect us to believe they are going to all this trouble, and then not to at least try and benefit from the system.

I don't like DRM.

That isn't my issue, as there are systems out there that deliver protected products that don't affect the use: Netflix is a good example as I use it.

So it's likely that it would be more accurate to say, I dislike it when it impacts my experience; I won't be buying encrypted only products until I know how I will be affected.

I would expect most of those concerned to be of similar opinion.

I will continue to watch, and to read what is posted. And to watch that what is done matches said posts.

My phrasing was off - better to say no content currently planned for release will be Connect-only. Presumably the system was set up with the intent that it would be used at some point - though by one of DAZ_RawB's posts, there is at least a possibility that items will be Connect-only for only a certain time (but there wasn't any assertion that this is the plan - it was just mentioned as a possibility).

Correction accepted. And I have no probably also accepting that you don't know of any product that will be Connect-only. I'd be surprised if it didn't happen; hell it wouldn't surprise me if there were really no plans as to when it will happen. Discussions amongst senior mgt are not plans. It's speculation, and tbh, not useful; but then again, it is useful, allowing us to vent and voice our concerns will be much better long-term than the alternatives; yes, it can be stressful for all-concerned though. indecision

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    Jan19 said:

Obviously you're not using the Windows (TM) counting system.  There is no 9, only Zuule.

I ain't afraid of no Zuule. wink

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

How on earth can people not be confused and sceptical when we are faced with statements like these-

"New products will begin to migrate toward a Daz Connect-only delivery."

but then

"... no content currently planned for release will be Connect-only"

I really love DS and the increasing quality of their products, but the introduction of DS 4.9 has been a dog's breakfast and obviously not thought through when contradictary statements like these are made.

It makes one wonder if "those in the know" actually know what's happening. Because I certainly don't.

• Has anyone asked how products like PoseBuilder or GenX (e.g. a GenX3) will be affected? And third-party tools used to catolog or fix issues in our runtime?

edited November 2015

One reason to be concencered about a Steam or subscription model is that the current approach (locally stored private key) should be easy to break. So what happens then? It's not hard to imagine DAZ considering heading down the online authorization path since that is the logical progression we have seen others take in the arms race with pirates. So even though DAZ has stated they have no intent to head down this path at this time (which I believe), the arms race they have elected to enter suggests it will come up in the future. This introduces a new risk that none of us have had to even consider before for our content. Moreso for businesses, which have fidicuary responsibilties. Unfortiuantely, the only way to mitigate this risk is to not use any content only available in encypted form.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,141
    argel1200 said:

Has anyone asked how products like PoseBuilder or GenX (e.g. a GenX3) will be affected? And third-party tools used to catolog or fix issues in our runtime?

There is a genx3?

edited November 2015

There is a genx3?

Not yet but IIRC the PA stated he will look into it once G3M/M7 comes out.  Edit: assuming they come out in our lifetime! ;)

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    edited November 2015
    argel1200 said:

One more reason to be concencered about a Steam or subscription model is that the private key will have to be stored locally which should make it eaiser for pirates. So what happens when this new apprach fails to curtail piracy? It's hard not to imagine DAZ heading down the online authorization approach once they enter into what is a never ending arms race with pirates. So even though DAZ has stated they have no intent to head down this path at this time (which I believe), the arms race they have elected to enter suggests it will come up in the future. This introduces a new risk that none of us have had to even consider before for our content. Moreso for businesses, which have fidicuary responsibilties. Unfortiuantely, the only way to mitigate this risk is to not use any content only available in encypted form.

I know this has been gone over over and over again in this thread, but it still remains true. DRM has been shown repeatedly to do nothing much against piracy, while inconveniencing and turning away paying customers. The encryption Daz is implementing isn't really DRM and is actually really friendly to most users, which is great, but it does open that door to the arms race, it does inconvenience some customers, and upset many more. It also only stops the most basic mindless pirates who buy things from the store (still making Daz some money) and then go upload it to wherever for other people. All the people crying about time locks and never being able to back up their content are really worrying about nothing.

Is there even that big a piracy audience for these products? Obviously there must be some, but is there really some vast audience desperate to download everything for free? From what I've learned so far, the Daz/Poser etc. is quite niche and small overall. I only discovered it existed by complete accident on something like search attempt #15 for a digital version of a drawing reference figure. How many of the people downloading the pirated things would actually have bought them if they weren't there for free? How many actually put them to use? How does this compare to the legitmate sales figures? If there is such a giant pirate audience at the gates, how many legitimate sales came from piracy either by those releasing products or those that downloaded something and decided to support the artist?

I would expect that Daz has investigated these questions and has all the answers to them. I don't know the answers, but are they really so bad that upsetting your customers and potentially turning away many, as well as making your already niche program even more exclusive from other sources of content really worth it? I assume they think so, otherwise why else would they be doing this? I don't think there's some nefarious grand plan in the background, I just don't see the point. Wouldn't this effort be better spent on reaching more audiences and offering a wider variety of content to tempt them?

When Connect eventually becomes the only available way to buy content, if the content is good, I'll still happily buy it. But I'll still think that this decision isn't to Daz's advantage, based on the information that they have given us.

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
    edited November 2015
    lx said:
    Is there even that big a piracy audience for these products?

I haven't tried lately, but there were times when the top hits for something in a Google search were links to pirated copies. But this encryption scheme is not likely to change much (beyond alientating paying customers), so it's a moot point. But it is soemthing PAs fret about. But realistically, it's part of the nature of this market and something anyone entering it needs to brace themselves for. And there are plenty of PAs that have and do this for a liviing, so we know piracy hasn't destroyed the industry.

Edit: It should go without saying, but those were legitmate searches to try and find a specific product. I have never pirated content.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

DAZ really blew the initial announcement on the new distribution.  They called something that isn't really 'cloud storage' a cloud, leaving a lot of people alarmed (unnecessarily) that the software would not work offline; they called a fairly mild encryption system 'DRM', a term loaded with a lot of baggage (although I still think it is unnecessary and will not actually improve revenues) that does not apply here.  From now on, keep the buzzword people away from tech announcements.

• I still remember the anncouncement that compared customers to children (not in a flattering way), and IIRC that was contracted to an outside firm. It is pretty clear it's just not a priority. They have actually been doing better in this thread, at least with the responses. Though I think they should put a new FAQ together based on these threads -- including clearing up any remaining contradictions.

argel1200 said:

I still remember the anncouncement that compared customers to children (not in a flattering way), and IIRC that was contracted to an outside firm. It is pretty clear it's just not a priority. They have actually been doing better in this thread, at least with the responses. Though I think they should put a new FAQ together based on these threads -- including clearing up any remaining contradictions.

I am planning on putting this together and have it be at the top of a discussion thread about Daz Connect so we can have the next beta thread actually be about the beta.

The FAQ at the top of this thread was also written before some changes had been made/planned. The "poison pill" for example had worked it's way up through upper management and was agreed upon between when the FAQ was written and when this first beta went out. Other things, such as the planned file sorting system to allow people to sort Daz Connect content on their filesystem was not planned to be in 4.9 but the plan changed after serious public outcry. Hopefully the second version of the Daz Connect FAQ spells things out more clearly.

• DAZ_Rawb said:
    argel1200 said:

Though I think they should put a new FAQ together based on these threads -- including clearing up any remaining contradictions.

I am planning on putting this together and have it be at the top of a discussion thread about Daz Connect so we can have the next beta thread actually be about the beta.

The FAQ at the top of this thread was also written before some changes had been made/planned. The "poison pill" for example had worked it's way up through upper management and was agreed upon between when the FAQ was written and when this first beta went out. Other things, such as the planned file sorting system to allow people to sort Daz Connect content on their filesystem was not planned to be in 4.9 but the plan changed after serious public outcry. Hopefully the second version of the Daz Connect FAQ spells things out more clearly.

Thanks! That sounds good. Have you answered the question about PoseBuilder, GenX*, etc. somewhere?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,235
    edited November 2015

Please continue discussion on the DS 4.9 Beta here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65495/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-9-0-24#latest

Posts about the philosophical, theoretical, or other speculation of DRM that isn't directly related to the functional impact on your workflows of encryption in Daz Connect will be removed from the beta thread in an effort to keep the thread on topic of improving the beta, working out bugs, etc. All DRM concerns or complaint posts go here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65560/encryption-discussions-go-here.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
This discussion has been closed.