Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• So I started a thread regarding where to find the "Parameter settings..." option in the render settings pane as it has disappeared, and I was directed to this thread saying it had been discussed, but after going through the entire thread, I'm not seeing where it's been discussed, and how to get those settings back.

What I'm talking about is the cog on the entries in the Render settings pane where you can set your default values. I can access them for Environment or Tone mapping using the nodes in the scene, but the parameter settings option is just gone from the render settings pane.

Can anyone help? The bod who sent me here closed my thread and guided me here, but searching the thread has yielded nothing except the hair issues that I already know about.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,566

Envixer said:

So I started a thread regarding where to find the "Parameter settings..." option in the render settings pane as it has disappeared, and I was directed to this thread saying it had been discussed, but after going through the entire thread, I'm not seeing where it's been discussed, and how to get those settings back.

What I'm talking about is the cog on the entries in the Render settings pane where you can set your default values. I can access them for Environment or Tone mapping using the nodes in the scene, but the parameter settings option is just gone from the render settings pane.

Can anyone help? The bod who sent me here closed my thread and guided me here, but searching the thread has yielded nothing except the hair issues that I already know about.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/658641/dforce-4-22-gravity-parameter-settings-missing-solved/p1 ;

• vincentblackwoodvincentblackwood Posts: 10
    edited November 2023

I was recommended to post here, although I do not think this is necessarily the "fault" of 4.22 - I first reinstalled still on 4.21.

I'm on a fairly old PC and recently had to upgrade to an SSD and Windows 11, and everything else pretty much works fine, or even better than before (since now I have an SSD and not a dying HDD making weird noises). However, Daz feels noticeably slower and much more prone to freezing/not responding, especially when previewing Iray (sometimes it also enters this weird loop for a moment when the application window(s) is/are not responding and blink on and off, even happens during actual rendering). Despite fairly old hardware, it used to work perfectly fine especially when the scene was still pretty simple, now a scene with one barely dressed character and nothing else chokes up the program as badly as a complicated scene with full environment and complex lighting would in the past.

I am really not sure what is causing this, are there any options that might help here? I checked what I could, but nothing seems to have helped. As I said, literally all other programs or games work as well as before or better, this is the only exception. I also tried updating drivers to the latest Nvidia "studio drivers", but no difference. Any advice would be welcome.

Original thread for reference: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/659116/iray-preview-now-freezes-unstable-old-pc-win-11

Post edited by vincentblackwood on
  • Thank you! 

PerttiA said:

Envixer said:

So I started a thread regarding where to find the "Parameter settings..." option in the render settings pane as it has disappeared, and I was directed to this thread saying it had been discussed, but after going through the entire thread, I'm not seeing where it's been discussed, and how to get those settings back.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/658641/dforce-4-22-gravity-parameter-settings-missing-solved/p1 ;

• thegrandliberation said:

I was recommended to post here, although I do not think this is necessarily the "fault" of 4.22 - I first reinstalled still on 4.21.

I'm on a fairly old PC and recently had to upgrade to an SSD and Windows 11, and everything else pretty much works fine, or even better than before (since now I have an SSD and not a dying HDD making weird noises). However, Daz feels noticeably slower and much more prone to freezing/not responding, especially when previewing Iray (sometimes it also enters this weird loop for a moment when the application window(s) is/are not responding and blink on and off, even happens during actual rendering). Despite fairly old hardware, it used to work perfectly fine especially when the scene was still pretty simple, now a scene with one barely dressed character and nothing else chokes up the program as badly as a complicated scene with full environment and complex lighting would in the past.

I am really not sure what is causing this, are there any options that might help here? I checked what I could, but nothing seems to have helped. As I said, literally all other programs or games work as well as before or better, this is the only exception. I also tried updating drivers to the latest Nvidia "studio drivers", but no difference. Any advice would be welcome.

Original thread for reference: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/659116/iray-preview-now-freezes-unstable-old-pc-win-11

One thing to check, if you are not using the Iray DrawStyle, is the optimisation settings in Edit>Preferencs>Interface.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

I keep having this problem every time I want to start a new scene. How do I get rid of it? Namnlöst-1.jpg - OneDrive

• Hera said:

I keep having this problem every time I want to start a new scene. How do I get rid of it? Namnlöst-1.jpg - OneDrive

Did you download and install the templates?

IM00013176-44_DefaultTemplatesForDAZStudio421

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Why are plugins like Decimator, Girabaldi, FluidOS, and so on not showing up in the about Installed Plugins with DAZ Studio Pro 4.22.0.1 but are showing up in DAZ Studio Pro 4.22.0.1 Public BETA?

edited November 2023

DoctorJellybean said:

Hera said:

No, because I didn't even know about them, I don't know what they are, what they do, how to find them etc. DIM finds nothing and if DIM don't find it, it does not exist in my world, especially if it's not something I'm actively searching. 
    So what are these? And do they help me getting rid of that stupid message box which do absolutely nothing for me other than hampering me from using DAZ the way I earlier did?

Post edited by Hera on
  • Hera said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Hera said:

No, because I didn't even know about them, I don't know what they are, what they do, how to find them etc. DIM finds nothing and if DIM don't find it, it does not exist in my world, especially if it's not something I'm actively searching. 
    So what are these? And do they help me getting rid of that stupid message box which do absolutely nothing for me other than hampering me from using DAZ the way I earlier did?

Search for Default Templates in DIM. They populate the empty box you see.

• nonesuch00 said:

Why are plugins like Decimator, Girabaldi, FluidOS, and so on not showing up in the about Installed Plugins with DAZ Studio Pro 4.22.0.1 but are showing up in DAZ Studio Pro 4.22.0.1 Public BETA?

Did they get installed bedffore you installed a non-beta version of DS> Was al of the isntalaltion done with DIM, or didsome of it get done with stand-alone installers (which might get a diferent path)?

DoctorJellybean said:

Hera said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Hera said:

I don't want the box populated, I don't want it at all. How do I get rid of it? 

• Hera said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Hera said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Hera said:

You can't. It is the new dialog to create new and open recent scenes.

• Richard Haseltine said:

thegrandliberation said:

One thing to check, if you are not using the Iray DrawStyle, is the optimisation settings in Edit>Preferencs>Interface.

Hello, just thought I'd give an update on this - actually this seems to have been the issue, I changed the "display optimisation" to Best and it's quite a bit better (I still feel it's slightly slower, but definitely less tiresome). Thanks for the reply, and thankfully a new PC is in the plans within a few months, so it will be more fun...

• lachilachi Posts: 74

Recently almost every time I switch to filament DAZ Studio crashes.

• I wonder when the fbx export bug will be fixed. I sent a bug ticket a week ago, but they still haven't answered it :(

• RenatoDias said:

It's not working at all. Buggy as [all get out]. Please allow us to revert to 4.21.

I agree, it should have NEVER got out of ALPHA or BETA and the interface is awful, like a child wrote it.

• harlekino71_7e997a8d47 said:

I wonder when the fbx export bug will be fixed. I sent a bug ticket a week ago, but they still haven't answered it :(

Watch the change log, and for an updated version of DS once a fix appears, unless it is some kind of settings issue that can be fixed without an application update.

• dplace_1426becd9d said:

RenatoDias said:

It's not working at all. Buggy as [all get out]. Please allow us to revert to 4.21.

I agree, it should have NEVER got out of ALPHA or BETA and the interface is awful, like a child wrote it.

FBX is the only outright bug I am aware of, and the UI has not changed beyond the new scene dialogue. Please try to give proportionate feedback, hyperbole cannot be usefully interpreted.

• cubaconncubaconn Posts: 10
    edited November 2023

Getting consistent blue screen of death upon rendering... only change was updating to 4.22. I know this isn't helpful, but I can't gather any data on a blue screen of death... (latest driver, whatever that is today)

Post edited by cubaconn on
  • cubaconn said:

Getting consistent blue screen of death upon rendering... only change was updating to 4.22. I know this isn't helpful, but I can't gather any data on a blue screen of death... (latest driver, whatever that is today)

Out of Touch hair or their shaders on another hair? There is a common file used by their shaders, which version you get depends on products owned, installed, and the order and method used for instalaltion - the issue is maps applied to the Transmitted Colour property, you can check and remove that by seelcting the hair in the Scene, then seelcting it in the editor tab of the Surfaces pane, typing transm in the filter box at the top of the pane, and looking to see if theer is a map icon (or ?) to the elft of the colour widget - if there is, click it and select None from the menu.

• cubaconncubaconn Posts: 10
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

cubaconn said:

Out of Touch hair or their shaders on another hair? There is a common file used by their shaders, which version you get depends on products owned, installed, and the order and method used for instalaltion - the issue is maps applied to the Transmitted Colour property, you can check and remove that by seelcting the hair in the Scene, then seelcting it in the editor tab of the Surfaces pane, typing transm in the filter box at the top of the pane, and looking to see if theer is a map icon (or ?) to the elft of the colour widget - if there is, click it and select None from the menu.

Yes, confirmed, Mega updo 3 hair from OOT... honestly I feel like deleting my post (if I could), I knew about this, but I forgot :(. I'll use a different hair for now, too lazy, I got other updoes I can use.This one didn't have maps on transmitted color, only color black assigned (0,0,0). but they use the shader, probably the shader itself is causing the BSD.

Post edited by cubaconn on
  • cubaconn said:

Richard Haseltine said:

cubaconn said:

Yes, confirmed, Mega updo 3 hair from OOT... honestly I feel like deleting my post (if I could), I knew about this, but I forgot :(. I'll use a different hair for now, too lazy, I got other updoes I can use.This one didn't have maps on transmitted color, only color black assigned (0,0,0). but they use the shader, probably the shader itself is causing the BSD.

The known issue is with maps assigned, Mega Updo 3 as I recall has nested objects (a skullcap with the various hair parts parented to it) so make sure you are checking all.

DoctorJellybean said:

Hera said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Hera said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Hera said:

You can't. It is the new dialog to create new and open recent scenes.

But I have no need for an empty dialog box stopping my flow. I want it GONE! 
    The only thing I want when creating a new scene is a clean slate. 
    I want a place in the setting where I can disable that and also disable the frustrating box that pops up everytime I save stuff. 
    Sometimes I create multiple scenes, and having to go through several extra mouse clicks all the time is grating on my nerves. 

• Having lot's of Characters / Morphs is a killer of speed and joy in DAZ Studio. 

Here is a simple solution:
    Let us choose what morphs to be loaded with a Genesis figure!
    Different stories has different needs (/Morphs)

Click to load a figure into a scene, two options should appear:
    - Load Character with all morphs
    - Load only the Character morphs     (But include morphs for expressions, special body shaping morphs from vendors, and similiar. Even better would be if you could disable/enable those as well..)  

• Is it possible to have an option for Low / Medium / and Full(which is default now) - Nvidia Iray rendering quality in the scene view? 

I often switch between Texture shaded ann Nvidia Iray in the viewport, but I don't need a high quality render i viewport, while working on a scene.

• fskrazy said:

Having lot's of Characters / Morphs is a killer of speed and joy in DAZ Studio. 

Here is a simple solution:
    Let us choose what morphs to be loaded with a Genesis figure!
    Different stories has different needs (/Morphs)

Click to load a figure into a scene, two options should appear:
    - Load Character with all morphs
    - Load only the Character morphs     (But include morphs for expressions, special body shaping morphs from vendors, and similiar. Even better would be if you could disable/enable those as well..) 

I am not quite sure what your division represents, but if you mean So-and-so for Genesis whichever then don't forget that those, especially the bodies, may well require the body shapes, assuming those the the ones you wish to exclude, and will have correctives for working with bends and things like expressions on top of the bases. In any event, for content from Daz you can get close by using Connect and allowing it to load the missing products when it hits an actual dependency - though that is going to take longer than the current loading, espcially as accelerated in the new version.

• jayjarrettjayjarrett Posts: 27
    edited December 2023

Anyone else having an issue with the middle mouse button? When you want to orbit the screen goes crazy. Even when I grab the position ball it spins wildly. Right now I can t use daz at all. Also I use two monitors and I undock the viewport and move it to my second screen. With this version you can get it aligned. It wither goes way for right or splits the screens.

Edit: I did some testing. Its not the mouse at all. It has to do with the second monitor.The fact that grabbing the nav ball did the same thing had me thinking. I brought that pain back to the main monitor and it works fine. This never was an issue last week when I used 4.21. Is there a setting I should look at?

Post edited by jayjarrett on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,260
    edited December 2023

What do you mean by position ball? The cube at top-right? That seems to work OK for me, what is odd is resizing the pane - I suspect because my second display is a pen-display with a higher PPI setting (yes, just checked - so you may want to look at the fiont scaling for your displays, I suspect they need tio match)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • lachilachi Posts: 74

I too have noticed that rotating the camera has become very fiddly. It reacts much faster now.

I only have one monitor but I connect to my render computer through RDP. There should not be any scaling problems because my desktop monitor has 100% scaling and my render computer also.

I worked like that for a while now and obviously it's not the best solution but previously rotations in the viewport was working ok.