Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

I generally export all characters, wardrobe, and hair items out of DS via FBX.  Exported a hair item out last night but upon importing into Lightwave, immediate crash.

After reading several pages here, then many hours of testing & crashing this morning, I remembered I still had 4.21 installed on my HP laptop. I d/led the same models, did an FBX export, then copied those files to the Boxx system.

No importing issues into Lightwave.

That pretty well cinches it that the problem is with 4.22 itself in my mind.  Draw your own conclusions if you like.

• DoctorJellybean said:

mawkroy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

DoctorJellybean said:

mawkroy said:

Hello, I'm using a script Character Converter G2M to G8M and it stalls because there's a step where it wants to zero the figure. Is there any way to disable the pop up that asks your intent?

No, otherwise the author of the script would have automated the process.

There is no way for you to do it (unless the script is in plain text, .dsa - or .ds if it is really old) but the author, if still active, colud use the method shown here to have the action run in silent mode which would suppress the prompt.

Would I be able to request an installer for DAZ prior to this version? This is a rather old product and I don't want to be at the mercy of the author to update it.

To clarify, this script ran automated without user input prior to 4.22. The author did automate the script but changes to the way zero figure works means there's no an unavoidable pop up that breaks the functionality.

Which script/product is it?

Character Converter G2M to G8M

• Ooze3dOoze3d Posts: 10

I just upgraded from 4.21 and suddenly I can't render anything. It just crashes. I've got a 4090 with the last drivers and scenes I could easily render last week automatically crash now. Most of them, if not all, are multi-character scenes. I'm actually running some quick tests with just one character and they work ok, but it can't possibly be a memory issue. What's going on?

• Ooze3d said:

I just upgraded from 4.21 and suddenly I can't render anything. It just crashes. I've got a 4090 with the last drivers and scenes I could easily render last week automatically crash now. Most of them, if not all, are multi-character scenes. I'm actually running some quick tests with just one character and they work ok, but it can't possibly be a memory issue. What's going on?

Do they have hair from Out of touch, or using the out of Touch hair shader (which I think is from Renderosity)? There is an issue with the sahder, updated in some but not all products, where it has a map assigned to the Transmitted Colour property. Try reinstalling a recent hair of theirs that uses their custom shader and, if you use DIM, Daz Central, or manually install, that should update the shared file that has the problem (as long as there isn't a nother, older version in a different content  directory). You can also select the hairs and in the  Surfaces pane's Editor tab do the same, then find Transmitted Colour (most easily by typing transm in the filter box), click the icon to the left of the colour picker to get the image menu, and click None.

• xop32 said:

i keep getting the daz to unreal .dll file crashing when i try to export any character other than a plain nude frsh model with nothing on it

as soon as i create a new model/chacter, add some hair and clothes and then try sending it to unreal, it goes threw the hole fbx processes and then crashes daz at the end, saying the error came from the daztounreal .dll file

of course it all working fine in 4.21, just since upgrading to 4.22 , no exporting is working apart from a base nude character with nothing else

even if i create new characters and run threw the process its still the same

Yes, I'm getting this as well. I did finally manage to get an export with clothing to finish - but looking at the FBX the actual skin mesh is being exported as a bone in the hierarchy. So it's all the clothes, but no skin. The same exact thing is happening with DazToMaya as well, so I'll be rolling back to the old version. 

• I'd like 4.21 again please! Every time I update DAZ, I have to reinstall nVidia drivers that include OpenGL. Now, 4.22 crashes and it wants 547 but that is WINDOWS 10 only. I can't run my RTX 3060s with DAZ as DAZ is on my CAD Machine which is offline Windows 7 64-bit. I still have 32-bit DAZ 4.21 (because I never updated that), but it doesn't have iRAY support, and that is all I render with it iRAY. I thought DIM allowed previous version installs, but it looks like that was taken away?

• I had to roll back to 4.21 because 4.22 was having export problems. If I send characters to unreal with anything on all that gets sent across is the mouth and eyes. I tried sending a character by them self that works okay. But as soon as I add grafts or other items it messes up and only sends the mouth and eyes.

• SirRonmit said:

I'd like 4.21 again please! Every time I update DAZ, I have to reinstall nVidia drivers that include OpenGL. Now, 4.22 crashes and it wants 547 but that is WINDOWS 10 only. I can't run my RTX 3060s with DAZ as DAZ is on my CAD Machine which is offline Windows 7 64-bit. I still have 32-bit DAZ 4.21 (because I never updated that), but it doesn't have iRAY support, and that is all I render with it iRAY. I thought DIM allowed previous version installs, but it looks like that was taken away?

Daz has never provided previous versions through DIM. Given that your OS prevents you from using your GPU with Iray it may well be worth opening a support ticket to request the previous version; no one else may do so.

• First rule of content purchases from 3d marketplaces:
    Always download anything you buy there, manualy.
    Second rule of content purchases from 3d marketplaces:
    ​Always download anything you buy there, manualy.
    Third rule of content purchases from 3d marketplaces:
    ​Always download anything you buy there, manualy.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,071

Fourth rule -

Always make at least one copy of anything you've payed money for and downloaded.

• oddboboddbob Posts: 348

Fifth rule -

Don't talk about plat club...

• Ooze3dOoze3d Posts: 10
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Ooze3d said:

Do they have hair from Out of touch, or using the out of Touch hair shader (which I think is from Renderosity)? There is an issue with the sahder, updated in some but not all products, where it has a map assigned to the Transmitted Colour property. Try reinstalling a recent hair of theirs that uses their custom shader and, if you use DIM, Daz Central, or manually install, that should update the shared file that has the problem (as long as there isn't a nother, older version in a different content  directory). You can also select the hairs and in the  Surfaces pane's Editor tab do the same, then find Transmitted Colour (most easily by typing transm in the filter box), click the icon to the left of the colour picker to get the image menu, and click None.

Thanks! It worked!

Post edited by Ooze3d on
  • Is it me or does rendering takes longer now that before the update? In the past I had the Max Samples set at 200 and turned off Rendering Quality. But now it seems to take 2-4 times longer than normal. Another thing I noticed was an improvement, I don't need the Max Samples set that high. It seems to finish improving with a setting of 50, after that time I see no changes while it's rendering past that setting, but it still takes longer. Even rendering with a HDRI scene is longer.

Another problem I've been having whenever DAZ 'updates' the program is I lose items I've bought. For instance I have barrels that now only appear as grey squares. I usually get a message saying Daz can't find files. Don't know what's going on there.

• Just updated to 4.22 and updated my Nvidia drivers to 546.01 and I'm recieving an instant crash on startup. The splash screen shows "Building Interface" and then crashes with the following error: 

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzshaderbuilder.dll" at 0033:00000000EA1CEE5B

This doesn't occur with the latest Beta release. Any fixes reccomended? Full crash report attached.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_231113-204652.zip
  • InTheFlesh said:

Just updated to 4.22 and updated my Nvidia drivers to 546.01 and I'm recieving an instant crash on startup. The splash screen shows "Building Interface" and then crashes with the following error: 

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzshaderbuilder.dll" at 0033:00000000EA1CEE5B

This doesn't occur with the latest Beta release. Any fixes reccomended? Full crash report attached.

Can you recall if the Shader Mixer pane is open in that version of DS?

• Hello,

pleas for help, I upgarde DAZ on 4.22, but it does not work and error (attached pics).

A

Snímek obrazovky 2023-11-13 154014.png
    663 x 631 - 220K
  • bauerant said:

Hello,

pleas for help, I upgarde DAZ on 4.22, but it does not work and error (attached pics).

A

So, it crashed during render? Was there a hair by Out Of Touch, or using the Out Of Touch hair shader, in the scene?

• bauerantbauerant Posts: 0
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

bauerant said:

Hello,

A

So, it crashed during render? Was there a hair by Out Of Touch, or using the Out Of Touch hair shader, in the scene?

Yes. What can I do for repair it?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,972
    edited November 2023

bauerant said:

Richard Haseltine said:

bauerant said:

Hello,

A

Yes. What can I do for repair it?

See this post

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8434801/#Comment_8434801

• In The FleshIn The Flesh Posts: 157
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

InTheFlesh said:

Just updated to 4.22 and updated my Nvidia drivers to 546.01 and I'm recieving an instant crash on startup. The splash screen shows "Building Interface" and then crashes with the following error: 

It wasn't open as a default UI element in my layout. I've tried reinstalling, and also tried deleting the layout.dsx file in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

Post edited by In The Flesh on
  • InTheFlesh said:

Richard Haseltine said:

InTheFlesh said:

It wasn't open as a default UI element in my layout. I've tried reinstalling, and also tried deleting the layout.dsx file in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

Removing the layout file would have been my next suggestion. It may also be worth reinstalling the Default resources, though I don't think any of that is referenced by Shader Mixer. Shader Mixer does have an MDL Directory folder, which is used for external MDL files to be accessed by bricks. I can't recall the default, if there is one, but it is possible there is damage or a bad file there.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Forgive me if it's been mentioned already, but I'm having trouble rotating the camera around an object now. I have to parent the camera to a null to do it now. Anyone else?

• AllenArt said:

Forgive me if it's been mentioned already, but I'm having trouble rotating the camera around an object now. I have to parent the camera to a null to do it now. Anyone else?

Does framing or aiming at the object you wish to rotate around not set the centre? Or is it triggering the ebhaviour in the first place, regardless of centre, that is the issue?

edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

AllenArt said:

Does framing or aiming at the object you wish to rotate around not set the centre? Or is it triggering the ebhaviour in the first place, regardless of centre, that is the issue?

Nope, and it always used to. :(  It's acting like a dolly camera, no matter what I do. If I select a figure and frame it, then try to rotate around, the figure goes out of frame like a dolly cam.

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • AllenArt said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AllenArt said:

Nope, and it always used to. :(  It's acting like a dolly camera, no matter what I do. If I select a figure and frame it, then try to rotate around, the figure goes out of frame like a dolly cam.

Are you sure it is Orbiting, not Rotating the camera in place?

• Richard Haseltine said:

InTheFlesh said:

Sorry, I was getting my Builders and my Mixers mixed up - Shader Builder is the module referenced.

Richard Haseltine said:

AllenArt said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AllenArt said:

I used to be able to frame the figure/object and orbit it by rotating the camera on the y axis. Now I can't. When I frame the figure/object and do it now, it rotates the camera around. The only way I can work around it is to parent the camera to a null and then rotate the null.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,254
    edited November 2023

AllenArt said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AllenArt said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AllenArt said:

I used to be able to frame the figure/object and orbit it by rotating the camera on the y axis. Now I can't. When I frame the figure/object and do it now, it rotates the camera around. The only way I can work around it is to parent the camera to a null and then rotate the null.

That has never worked that way in my experience, or by my understanding - frame/aim are not live. I initially thought Point At might do it, but that just locks the rotation.

• Having a lot of random "not rsponding" crashes recently with 4.22.
    Not that happy with this recent build.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,561

Masterstroke said:

Having a lot of random "not rsponding" crashes recently with 4.22.
    Not that happy with this recent build.

"Not responding" is not crashing, it just means that DS is too busy to answer mom (Windows) when she's constantly asking "Are you busy?"
    If you just wait, it will come back when it's ready.