Daz Studio 4.22[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• metalisthename said:

OOT hairs and Victoria 8 gentalia doesn't work for some reason.

I have victoria 8 yet her genetallia is not applied, and some characters demand it.

OOT hairs are a known issue, many have been updated and it is simple to fix those that haven't - though if you are using Daz central, Install manager, or a manual installation try reisntalling a recent hair as the issue is a shared file, so the update should overwrite the older file. The fix, if needed, is to remove any map from the Transmitted Colour proerpty in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane.

You do have the Anatomical Elements, and you are loading them before aplying the materials preset or character preset?

• PerttiA said:

coldbluetitan said:

i feel regret now after updating to 4.22, i liiterally can't use my pc when rendering now

my pc is becoming much slower when daz is rendering an image, back when 4.21 i was still able to watch videos on youtube or watch movies and rendering at the same time

That sounds like dropping to CPU and running out of RAM

What are your system specs, how much RAM do you have and which GPU? 

Also, is your driver sufficiently recent - see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8132731/#Comment_8132731

• metalisthenamemetalisthename Posts: 0
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

metalisthename said:

I have victoria 8 yet her genetallia is not applied, and some characters demand it.

OOT hairs are a known issue, many have been updated and it is simple to fix those that haven't - though if you are using Daz central, Install manager, or a manual installation try reisntalling a recent hair as the issue is a shared file, so the update should overwrite the older file. The fix, if needed, is to remove any map from the Transmitted Colour proerpty in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane.

You do have the Anatomical Elements, and you are loading them before aplying the materials preset or character preset?

no, I load them with the character or preset.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • metalisthename said:

Richard Haseltine said:

metalisthename said:

no, I load them with the character or preset.

Ah, I never do that as it has, at least in the past, been vastly slower on my system than loading the base character anda pplying the shaping and materials presets. Still, I was not aware that many character presets were set up to load the Anatomical Elements - do you have some examples of ones that are failing, and worked before?

• evacynevacyn Posts: 961

I'm finding that the DS process isn't terminating in task manager even after 3-4 hours (more so than 4.21).

• evacyn said:

I'm finding that the DS process isn't terminating in task manager even after 3-4 hours (more so than 4.21).

What plug-ins do you have? If you check

%appdata%/daz 3d/studio4/log.txt

Whats tage is it at currently (last entry in the log)?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,439

Rammaukin said:

PerttiA said:

Whenever a program gets an update, it may use newer versions of libraries, require newer drivers, use more resources etc.
    One should never update anything without first making sure one can revert back and finding out, what is being updated and why.

You have not given any information on your system and environment, which makes it impossible for others to help.
    It may also be that the new version uses just a little more resources, which your system can't handle anymore.

Daz is not here reading these forums, it's just us fellow users and if you want our help, you need to give us more information

I have come to that conclusion too, but apparently the DAZ team has not, and that is why they retire early the versions that work on equipment, like mine, that are only 10 months old, equipped with the most recent parts at the time. 

But, the blue screen failures have been the least, most of the time I got the bug window. But si, I had both.

Did you update your GPU driver when you installed 4.22, that version requires the newest driver from NVIDIA, assuming that's what you have. What are your system specs? It's hard to troubleshoot issues when you don't have any of the information that could be the root cause. What products were you trying to render? All of this is very important information that the people trying to help have asked for.

• Hello, I'm using a script Character Converter G2M to G8M and it stalls because there's a step where it wants to zero the figure. Is there any way to disable the pop up that asks your intent?

• ZokrebZokreb Posts: 19
    edited November 2023

Hi,

I'm unsure if this has been reported yet, but rendering strand based hair at tesselation level 0, which was a capabilitty introduced in 4.21 and a game changer for memory management, does not render anymore.

Or did I do anything wrong ?

Post edited by Zokreb on
  • mawkroy said:

Hello, I'm using a script Character Converter G2M to G8M and it stalls because there's a step where it wants to zero the figure. Is there any way to disable the pop up that asks your intent?

No, otherwise the author of the script would have automated the process.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,972
    edited November 2023

Zokreb said:

Hi,

I'm unsure if this has been reported yet, but rendering strand based hair at tesselation level 0, which was a capabilitty introduced in 4.21 and a game changer for memory management, does not render anymore.

Which hair, and what did you do?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited November 2023

DoctorJellybean said:

Zokreb said:

Hi,

This one :

dforce High Voltage Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Females | Daz 3D

And simply turn tesselation all to zero, make sure you are in photoreal mode, turn PS+PR ON, and with daz 4.21 (or maybe 4.20 i can't recall) you could have a very efficient render of strand based hair. For some reason, I cannot get the hair to render at all now.

Post edited by Zokreb on
  • Is anyone actually looking at the tech support tickets?

June 10 : https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/438233

Nov 9 : https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/446652

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,807

Zokreb said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Zokreb said:

Hi,

This one :

And simply turn tesselation all to zero, make sure you are in photoreal mode, turn PS+PR ON, and with daz 4.21 (or maybe 4.20 i can't recall) you could have a very efficient render of strand based hair. For some reason, I cannot get the hair to render at all now.

If set Render Line Tessellation Sides to 0, it'll be meaningless as there'll be no polyline generated... but even if set the properties as above, there was no issue for me... 

dan2050 said:

Is anyone actually looking at the tech support tickets?

June 10 : https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/438233

Nov 9 : https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/446652

We're not able to see your tickets...

• frank0314 said:

Rammaukin said:

PerttiA said:

Whenever a program gets an update, it may use newer versions of libraries, require newer drivers, use more resources etc.
    One should never update anything without first making sure one can revert back and finding out, what is being updated and why.

You have not given any information on your system and environment, which makes it impossible for others to help.
    It may also be that the new version uses just a little more resources, which your system can't handle anymore.

Daz is not here reading these forums, it's just us fellow users and if you want our help, you need to give us more information

I have come to that conclusion too, but apparently the DAZ team has not, and that is why they retire early the versions that work on equipment, like mine, that are only 10 months old, equipped with the most recent parts at the time. 

But, the blue screen failures have been the least, most of the time I got the bug window. But si, I had both.

Did you update your GPU driver when you installed 4.22, that version requires the newest driver from NVIDIA, assuming that's what you have. What are your system specs? It's hard to troubleshoot issues when you don't have any of the information that could be the root cause. What products were you trying to render? All of this is very important information that the people trying to help have asked for.

Yes I have, and 4.22 continues to give the same problems, the bug always comes up. 

• DoctorJellybean said:

Rammaukin said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Rammaukin said:

Because of problems that more than one is experiencing with the latest version of Daz 4.22.
    Does anyone know where I could download version 4.21?
    The one that didn't give me any problem neither when loading a model, or the preview, or the duplicate icons of other files when saving.

Thanks in advance

If you give more details of the issues you are encountering perhaps we can resolve them, or confirm them (which might make it possible to get an older version installer from support, though I cannot promise that).

Well, it keeps crashing many times, when I create a new file from another, it does it with the same icon image, if I render once, the second time the program closes, if I give it to preview iray with a model, a shell and a hairstyle, it crashes again... among other things, I even got a blue screen twice when I hit render.

Which hairstyle?

does it on all gforce and some others 

• DoctorJellybean said:

mawkroy said:

Hello, I'm using a script Character Converter G2M to G8M and it stalls because there's a step where it wants to zero the figure. Is there any way to disable the pop up that asks your intent?

There is no way for you to do it (unless the script is in plain text, .dsa - or .ds if it is really old) but the author, if still active, colud use the method shown here to have the action run in silent mode which would suppress the prompt.

• Rammaukin said:

frank0314 said:

Rammaukin said:

PerttiA said:

Yes I have, and 4.22 continues to give the same problems, the bug always comes up. 

Which driver exactly are you using?

• crosswind said:

Zokreb said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Zokreb said:

Hi,

This one :

If set Render Line Tessellation Sides to 0, it'll be meaningless as there'll be no polyline generated... but even if set the properties as above, there was no issue for me... 

Tesselation does not generate polylines anyway, but 0 should work.

Zokreb which tool is active (checked in the Tools menu)?

edited November 2023

crosswind said:

Zokreb said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Zokreb said:

Hi,

This one :

It's a feature of iray, have a look here :

Daz Studio Pro 4.21[.0.x] - Highlights - Daz 3D Forums

I quote 

Added support for using curves/fibers for strand-based hair/fur

• Render Settings > Render Mode > "Render Mode" must be set to "Photoreal"
    • For display via the NVIDIA Iray DrawStyle, Parameters > General > Line Tessellation > "Viewport Line Tessellation Sides" must be set to 1
    • For offline rendering, Parameters > General > Line Tessellation > "Render Line Tessellation Sides" must be set to 0

Well, on my side, this feature has been lost with Daz 4.22

Post edited by Zokreb on
  • Zokreb said:

crosswind said:

Zokreb said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Zokreb said:

Hi,

This one :

It's a feature of iray, have a look here :

Daz Studio Pro 4.21[.0.x] - Highlights - Daz 3D Forums

I quote 

Added support for using curves/fibers for strand-based hair/fur

• Render Settings > Render Mode > "Render Mode" must be set to "Photoreal"
    • For display via the NVIDIA Iray DrawStyle, Parameters > General > Line Tessellation > "Viewport Line Tessellation Sides" must be set to 1
    • For offline rendering, Parameters > General > Line Tessellation > "Render Line Tessellation Sides" must be set to 0

Well, on my side, this feature is lots with Daz 4.22

See Richard's post before yours, and a screenshot of what you are getting would be helpful.

edited November 2023

Sorry Richard and DoctorJellyBean, i did not see the last part of Richard's post. My bad.

Here is an example with only the hair loaded :

Universal tool, PS+PR activated, 1 tesselation in viewport, 0 for render, photoreal mode

I don't have any relevant message in the log saying that something is going wrong. 

Nvidia Drivers : 546.01 but i've also tried with 531.65 which are more stable for running stable diffusion on my side and same result...

Any idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

example.png
    3835 x 2080 - 1M
    Post edited by Zokreb on
  • Odd, it is working corectly with those line settings for me in both Drawstyle and render..

Well, thank you for testing, at least we know it's linked to my computer settings then...

I'll try to rollback to 4.21

Odd, no issue for me... Nvidia driver - 537.58 ~

SNAG-2023-11-12-0056.png
    2560 x 1400 - 2M
    edited November 2023

OK, rolled back to 4.21 => Still the issue

rolled back my drivers to 537.58 like you => Still the issue.

There's definitely something that messed up my computer :)

For everyone reading this : The issue is not Daz 4.22, it's my machine :(

Post edited by Zokreb on
  • DoctorJellybean said:

Hotaru0124_071fd6e4c1 said:

Having the bug where some OOT hairs are refusing to render.

Only Camilla hair loaded in the scene,nothing else.

Load the hair, select it and look for the Transmitted Color channel on the Surfaces pane. If there is a map in that channel, remove it and report it. The hair will need updating (OOT has updated a number of the hair models, maybe this one fell between the cracks)

Thanks, your post also helped me solve a problem. A character rendered perfectly, another crashed, I realised only after your post that the one crashing had hairs that were not (as far as I remember) from OOT, but had nonetheless the OOT hair shaders applied (one of their producs that could work with any hair). Took out the maps from Transmitted colour, and there it goes :-)

• mawkroymawkroy Posts: 21
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

DoctorJellybean said:

mawkroy said:

There is no way for you to do it (unless the script is in plain text, .dsa - or .ds if it is really old) but the author, if still active, colud use the method shown here to have the action run in silent mode which would suppress the prompt.

Would I be able to request an installer for DAZ prior to this version? This is a rather old product and I don't want to be at the mercy of the author to update it.

To clarify, this script ran automated without user input prior to 4.22. The author did automate the script but changes to the way zero figure works means there's no an unavoidable pop up that breaks the functionality.

Post edited by mawkroy on
  • mawkroy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

DoctorJellybean said:

mawkroy said:

Would I be able to request an installer for DAZ prior to this version? This is a rather old product and I don't want to be at the mercy of the author to update it.

To clarify, this script ran automated without user input prior to 4.22. The author did automate the script but changes to the way zero figure works means there's no an unavoidable pop up that breaks the functionality.

Which script/product is it?