Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2024 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 159

I finally had a bit of time to tinker and got something to work, not what I first had in mind but oh well. It's rendering now so will probably be ready to post in the morning, (NZ Time). laugh

• acbacb Posts: 366

Thank you, SofaCitizen, Ninefold, Llola Lane, and SapphireBlue! smiley

I thought the fish would be bad-ass to actually jump. But Absinthe? That's a whole nother level! wink

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

DreamWeever said:

I finally had a bit of time to tinker and got something to work, not what I first had in mind but oh well. It's rendering now so will probably be ready to post in the morning, (NZ Time). laugh

I threw mine in the garbage!  Gotta start over...I just don't have any realistic fish in my runtime... (sighs)... and I don't want to buy anything new.  Trying to figure out what to do with what I got!  Can't wait to see yours  DreamWeever

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098

Llola Lane said:

DreamWeever said:

I threw mine in the garbage!  Gotta start over...I just don't have any realistic fish in my runtime... (sighs)... and I don't want to buy anything new.  Trying to figure out what to do with what I got!  Can't wait to see yours  DreamWeever

There were some free fish at a place from Japan.  Don't know if they're still there, though.  Too bad, they had salt water and fresh water fish models.  www.toucan.jp.co  Looks like they're not there, but maybe the wayback machine can get you there. 

@Llola Lane: I found the site: http://www.toucan.co.jp/3DCG/3ds/FishModelsE.html

It has an image that has the download links for three kinds, saltwater, freshwater, and clear stream.

DanaTA said:

@Llola Lane: I found the site: http://www.toucan.co.jp/3DCG/3ds/FishModelsE.html

It has an image that has the download links for three kinds, saltwater, freshwater, and clear stream.

Thanks Dana, those look interesting 

DreamWeever said:

DanaTA said:

Thanks Dana, those look interesting 

You're welcome! 

Here we go, one ornamental fish bowl with a bit of a Japanese feel to it. I had been wanting a reason to get the Pisces figure since it came out wink

Koi.jpg
    1600 x 1131 - 950K

DreamWeever said:

Here we go, one ornamental fish bowl with a bit of a Japanese feel to it. I had been wanting a reason to get the Pisces figure since it came out wink

ooo that is lovely  DreamWeever.... I love how it feels like I'm looking from the inside of a screendoor to the outside.  Well done.  Thanks for joining the challenge!

DanaTA said:

Thanks but I just see pieces parts of fish... Not sure how to upload them so they are all together.  I'll have to try and figure it out.  

Llola Lane said:

DreamWeever said:

ooo that is lovely  DreamWeever.... I love how it feels like I'm looking from the inside of a screendoor to the outside.  Well done.  Thanks for joining the challenge!

Thanks, I was trying to get a bit of a painted feel to it. 

My first attempt I was trying to have the fish in a pound with the camera half in half out of the water so you would have seen both the fish and the garden round the pond. Yeah that didn't work lol.

Now I am off to see if I have a truck in my library  

edited January 7

Llola Lane said:

DanaTA said:

Thanks but I just see pieces parts of fish... Not sure how to upload them so they are all together.  I'll have to try and figure it out.  

Sorry, looks like they are in 3DS format.  I generally don't like things that I have to transform like that.  I see that they're on Turbo Squid, but they're charging money for them.   Otherwise, they might have had other formats.

Post edited by DanaTA on

There are a few fish, mostly Coi, on ShareCG.

DanaTA said:

Llola Lane said:

DanaTA said:

Sorry, looks like they are in 3DS format.  I generally don't like things that I have to transform like that.  I see that they're on Turbo Squid, but they're charging money for them.   Otherwise, they might have had other formats.

Yeah.. Daz opens 3DS but in pieces parts.  Not sure what program that is for.  Don't worry... I'll come up with something ;)  We still have time.  Thanks for suggestions.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

Llola Lane said:

DanaTA said:

Llola Lane said:

DanaTA said:

Yeah.. Daz opens 3DS but in pieces parts.  Not sure what program that is for.  Don't worry... I'll come up with something ;)  We still have time.  Thanks for suggestions.

if you have Carrara handy then import the fish 3ds file and then export it back out as an OBJ for DS or Poser

then you may be able to import the new obj file into DS yes 

if not then just use Carrara angel

Bazza Mundi.png
    800 x 600 - 644K

Thanks everyone for suggestions... I do have Carrara Stezza... but I've not opened it since I installed it on this new computer years ago... I am so lost in that program... Maybe 2024 is my year to try and learn it?  (we shall see)...

Don't wanna derail the thread too much we still have lots a year to go... Gotta save some space for everyone's artwork and not jabber about me... lol.  I sure can jabber... Anyway... Commence artworking!  You all know the rules... Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DreamWeever said:

Llola Lane said:

DreamWeever said:

Thanks, I was trying to get a bit of a painted feel to it. 

My first attempt I was trying to have the fish in a pound with the camera half in half out of the water so you would have seen both the fish and the garden round the pond. Yeah that didn't work lol.

Now I am off to see if I have a truck in my library  

Sometimes we have 'happy accident's with our artwork.  It's funny what the mind sees... I have a screen door out to our deck and all I can see is screening... lol.  Well done... can't wait to see your truck!  ;)

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

I've been trawling through my runtime and the only fish I could find are food items, so I hope this is acceptable.

Fish

(3Delight, Fotosketcher & Gimp)

nattaruk said:

I've been trawling through my runtime and the only fish I could find are food items, so I hope this is acceptable.

Fish

-----

(3Delight, Fotosketcher & Gimp)

ofCOURSE!!!!!  Eureka!!!  Why didn't I think of fish FOOD... duhhh... lol.  Perfect nattaruk... I never said the fish had to be alive?  right???  LOL... (hits head with hand.. duhh)  Well done...and thanks for joining the challenge again this year :)  

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,270
    edited January 12

Fish

Fish.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

Fish

Spectacular AgitatedRiot... I've been diving when the water is that dark... Very spooky... Had plenty of light though... whew.  Thanks for joining the challenge again.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited January 15

Fish

Fishing Vacation

Joining in for 2024.  Have an inspirational year, everyone.  

Fishing Trout Dio for Lola Lane January 2024.jpg
    625 x 750 - 192K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Man I wish I could but my laptop is still dealing with low memory!!

Diomede said:

Fishing Vacation

Welcome to the madness Diomede... Your FISH turned out better than the one I'm working on.  Well done... Happy to have you join us this year :)

Stezza said:

-------

if you have Carrara handy then import the fish 3ds file and then export it back out as an OBJ for DS or Poser

then you may be able to import the new obj file into DS yes 

if not then just use Carrara angel

I guess I missed this Stezza... Didn't think I had Carrara... but it turns out I have Carrara 8.5 Pro (64-bit)... Never opened it up... No idea what it looks like.  I guess now is as good a time as any.  I'll play with your suggestion this week and see what I can come up with... That fish looks great.  Thanks oodles.

• David RDavid R Posts: 220

Diomede said:

Fish

Fishing Vacation

Love how the trout is the focal point! laugh 

David R said:

Diomede said:

Fish

Fishing Vacation

----

Love how the trout is the focal point! laugh 

Ditto :)

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,270

Diomede said:

Fish

Fishing Vacation

AWESOME!!! 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Thank you, @Llola_lane, @David_R, and @AgitatedRiot

edited January 27

Hi Gang... we still have some time til January is over... It's a loooooooooong month... lol.  Post'em when you finish'em!

Here's mine (I left a little graininess cause it's supposed to be underwater and all sorts of things float in the water!)...

"Scuba FISH"

NOTE:  oh darn.. I guess I copied AgitatedRiot.. and here I thought I was being original :(.... Sorry Agi... ughhhs

FISH scuba diving 13minutes40seconds DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 233K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on