Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2024 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

Saphirewild said:

Man I wish I could but my laptop is still dealing with low memory!!

Sorry Saph... just saw this... you are welcome to just render a fish and postwork a scene together... I know when I was waiting for my new computer to be made I had to use an old laptop... Postworking a scene was my solution to joining in the challenges... It was like putting a puzzle together... Loads of fun.  Try it!  (fingers crossed for you)

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,270
    edited January 27

Llola Lane said:

Hi Gang... we still have some time til January is over... It's a loooooooooong month... lol.  Post'em when you finish'em!

Here's mine (I left a little graininess cause it's supposed to be underwater and all sorts of things float in the water!)...

"Scuba FISH"

NOTE:  oh darn.. I guess I copied AgitatedRiot.. and here I thought I was being original :(.... Sorry Agi... ughhhs

It's different enough. Very Nice. 

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

Hi Gang... we still have some time til January is over... It's a loooooooooong month... lol.  Post'em when you finish'em!

Here's mine (I left a little graininess cause it's supposed to be underwater and all sorts of things float in the water!)...

"Scuba FISH"

NOTE:  oh darn.. I guess I copied AgitatedRiot.. and here I thought I was being original :(.... Sorry Agi... ughhhs

It's different enough. Very Nice. 

I honestly didn't remember you did a scuba... (old brain).. sheesh... Thanks for commenting though... so kind of you.  :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

imagine being in this boat!

great fish renders yes

Stezza said:

imagine being in this boat!

great fish renders yes

OMG.. didn't know that was a video til I clicked on the picture.. there must be 20 fish in that boat... and not one fishing pole amongst them... LOL.  Wonder where that was?  So funny Stezza!  I'm gonna have to show that to hubby!  He spends hours fishing and comes home with nothing most of the time... lol.  But he 'loves being in the outdoors'.. lol.  

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,441

Hello!  Sorry I wasn't able to join last year, things were kind of crazy, and I've never traveled myself so I wasn't sure I could really do justice to the theme.  But I really wanted to try this challenge again, and of all things, this year the theme is animals!  My favorite thing to render!  So it seems like a good time to give it another shot ^_^

I hope this qualifies, I know that the mermaid is not technically a fish, but she's technically not a human either, so maybe?  But even if not, there are LOTS of fish in this scene, so hopefully it's alright!

Playing with the Fishies

Looks like the fishies have found a sweet, playful new friend! 

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator Pro.

Playing with the Fishies.jpg
    2700 x 1669 - 3M

Fae3D said:

Hello!  Sorry I wasn't able to join last year, things were kind of crazy, and I've never traveled myself so I wasn't sure I could really do justice to the theme.  But I really wanted to try this challenge again, and of all things, this year the theme is animals!  My favorite thing to render!  So it seems like a good time to give it another shot ^_^

I hope this qualifies, I know that the mermaid is not technically a fish, but she's technically not a human either, so maybe?  But even if not, there are LOTS of fish in this scene, so hopefully it's alright!

Playing with the Fishies

Glad to have you join us Fae3D... not sure if you saw the first page... it will tell you what the different months' animals are... Mermaids are actually SEP=MYTHICAL/FANTASY... but adding your fishies qualifies your art as FISH too... I'm easy :)... Sorry travel didn't grab ya last year but yea... I figured everyone loves animals... and I sure do have oodles in my runtime... Looking forward to seeing your artwork again this year... Well done!!!!!!  Thanks for sharing.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,441

Llola Lane said:

Fae3D said:

Playing with the Fishies

Glad to have you join us Fae3D... not sure if you saw the first page... it will tell you what the different months' animals are... Mermaids are actually SEP=MYTHICAL/FANTASY... but adding your fishies qualifies your art as FISH too... I'm easy :)... Sorry travel didn't grab ya last year but yea... I figured everyone loves animals... and I sure do have oodles in my runtime... Looking forward to seeing your artwork again this year... Well done!!!!!!  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!!!  Glad to be back, these are always so much fun ^_^ I was hoping that there were enough fishies in my render to make up for the little mermaid being there, lol!  I just can't seem to get a picture to turn out the way I set out to do it, they always take on a life of their own, and this mermaid girl insisted on being in it.  

Looks like robots are up next... I'll have to see what I've got that would work for that, I mainly just have little drone like robots from the Daz+ Club, but robot animals sounds fun... I'll figure something out!!!

Fae3D said:

Llola Lane said:

Fae3D said:

Playing with the Fishies

Thanks!!!  Glad to be back, these are always so much fun ^_^ I was hoping that there were enough fishies in my render to make up for the little mermaid being there, lol!  I just can't seem to get a picture to turn out the way I set out to do it, they always take on a life of their own, and this mermaid girl insisted on being in it.  

Looks like robots are up next... I'll have to see what I've got that would work for that, I mainly just have little drone like robots from the Daz+ Club, but robot animals sounds fun... I'll figure something out!!!

(thumbzzzzzz up!)

• These are all great renders!! yes Omg, that video! Had to see it to believe it. Lol. laugh

Don't know if I can squeeze in a fish render. Maybe if I keep it very simple, like um, "A portrait of a fish"... maybe there'll be time for that... cheeky Otherwise, I'll have to try harder getting something for Feb...

SapphireBlue said:

These are all great renders!! yes Omg, that video! Had to see it to believe it. Lol. laugh

Don't know if I can squeeze in a fish render. Maybe if I keep it very simple, like um, "A portrait of a fish"... maybe there'll be time for that... cheeky Otherwise, I'll have to try harder getting something for Feb...

Fish portrait sounds perrrrrrrrrrrrfect... hurry hurry... you have 1 more day (in my time zone)... lol

• Llola Lane said:

SapphireBlue said:

These are all great renders!! yes Omg, that video! Had to see it to believe it. Lol. laugh

Fish portrait sounds perrrrrrrrrrrrfect... hurry hurry... you have 1 more day (in my time zone)... lol

Oh no, couldn't resist the Llola encouragement! smiley So here's the portrait, and um, don't ask. I decided to just be silly with it. And oh, since it's a portrait, I put in a frame, Llola-style... wink

A portrait of a fish as a young artist... cheeky

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098

♫  Fish Heads, Fish Heads...laugh

SapphireBlue said:

Llola Lane said:

SapphireBlue said:

Oh no, couldn't resist the Llola encouragement! smiley So here's the portrait, and um, don't ask. I decided to just be silly with it. And oh, since it's a portrait, I put in a frame, Llola-style... wink

A portrait of a fish as a young artist... cheeky

YAY.................. I knew you could do it!  I love it... and the frame gets you bonus points with me ;)  Thanks for joining the challenge!!!!!!!  woo hoootttttttttt

DanaTA said:

♫  Fish Heads, Fish Heads...laugh

Ha.. our family sings... FISHYYYY FACE!  lol

• ElorElor Posts: 728

A challenge about fish, with only two of them in my library, what could go wrong?

Turn out, not so much (at least in the end), but due to unforeseen problems with lighting my main entry, I ended with a backup entry, which also ended as part of the main one.

So, short recap of my thought process.

I didn’t do a battle scene with the shark man from JoeQuick because I wanted one under moonlight with mist and torches and my CPU said something that would get this post moderated (to be honest, it’s part skills, part CPU rendering could take forever for this kind of scene).

Then I was, ‘Oh well, I will do a fast render with a plane doing aerial advertising saying ‘A fish a day keeps fishermen unemployment away’’ but I only have freebies hydroplanes from Porco Rosso in my library and using them for that would have been disrespectful of a great movie.

But what could I do? An hommage to Rug Island (an episode of Bluey) with a pen and a blue dog saying Fish while holding it (great kids show by the way) ?

I lied a bit when I said I only had two fishes in my library: I only have two alive ones but I had cooked ones and I spent most of my time this month playing with the Seaside Apartment I got as a gift during the Advent Calendar last month: why not a meal with fish here ? Initially, I was planning a meal on the balcony (interior lighting is not my forte) but didn’t find a suitable exterior table.

So, I started placing ghost lights in the kitchen around the light spots and lamps and because everything looked nice, I started placing the meal on the table, then Victoria and Lacey. But I ended with overexposed food, underexposed characters and no idea how to fix the situation (and with a scene that took something like 90 minutes to do a 1000 × 667 render…).

I decided to do a faster and simpler render as my entry and as I just got the nice Japanese Portrait Studio Bundle, I decided to go back to Japan (an opportunity to use the onsen by Sugatak that I bought since my previous Japan render), rendering what is now known as the ‘backup entry’: a simple and nice full-length portrait that tourists will do during a stay in Japan, with Victoria and Lacey wearing (freebies) yukatas (I also had kimonos by the same artist in my freebies library, but the long sleeves were painful to use…), a portrait that is now 'A treasured memory' with Lacey wearing a yukata with a koi fish pattern on it.

Then, of course, in a typical brain fashion, mine had an illumination and I was able to improve the lighting of my previously abandoned entry to a point I’m quite happy with (even if some part could still be improved like the book but I don't know how to avoid washing out the text) and I spent a part of yesterday’s evening finding props in my library, adding them here and there to get a better feeling a place where people are living before pressing the render button and going to bed.

My entry takes place after ‘How do I look?’, a render unrelated to this challenge (but also done this month, also with a focus on lighting). Victoria spent her day going and doing an interview for an internship and she's finally ‘Back home’. The centrepiece of her and Lacey’s evening will be a nice meal Lacey cooked:

Outside of the book, I’m also not totally convinced by how the cookies in the oven look, but I don’t have anything else suitable for a dessert in the oven and it was also an opportunity to play with instances, to better understand them and their limitations (you can’t have an instance of an instance).

WOW... what an adventure Elor... LOL... At least you are learning with these challenges... That is the main thing.  My rendering times improved with a new computer... Hubby still uses the old one but the poor thing gets a rest from Daz and I think it's happy!  lol.  Thanks for sharing!  Tomorow is the start of another month of adventures for ya!  ;)

edited February 1

================================================================

ok Gang.. it's February.. time to share those SCI-FI animals in your runtime...

FEB=SCI-FI...SCI-FI = animals that do not breath or come from earth... like robots, androids, etc.

Post'em when you finish'em!

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited February 1

NOT MAN'S BEST FRIEND

not mans best friend.png
    800 x 600 - 945K
    Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited February 1

"Asteroids"

SCI-FI1.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

Fixmypcmike said:

NOT MAN'S BEST FRIEND

WOW you are are a fastie Fixmypcmike... Thanks for sharing... I love your sci-fi dog and robutt.... Well done!

AgitatedRiot said:

"Asteroids"

Hummm...  AgitatedRiot .. I don't see any SCI-FI ..ANIMALS... in your artwork... Are they in there somewhere?  This is the year of ANIMALS.  :)

Ahh, Homer Simpson says doh. Do I get a redo?

Wait, you almost got me. Good for you.

Whether humans are animals has been debated in human terms for centuries. While some argue that humans are unique and distinct from other animals due to our capacity for language, culture, and self-awareness, there is strong evidence to suggest that we are indeed animals.

Firstly, humans share many physical and biological characteristics with other animals, such as the need for food, water, shelter, and the ability to reproduce and adapt to our environment. Our DNA is also remarkably similar to other primates with whom we share a common ancestor.

Furthermore, humans exhibit many behaviors and emotions as other animals, such as fear, joy, and aggression. We also interact socially and form groups like many different animal species.

Finally, the distinction between humans and animals is a cultural and societal construct. In many indigenous cultures, for example, humans are seen as part of the natural world and not separate from other animals.

In conclusion, the evidence suggests that humans are indeed animals. While we may possess unique characteristics and abilities, we are still subject to the same biological and physical laws as other animals. Therefore, We are indeed connected to the natural world around us.

There are humans in my SCI-FI render, and which are the most vicious animals.

Or do I get a do-over, LOL?

• ElorElor Posts: 728

I think I would also have done a 'doh' entry, doing an entry with the usual suspects in a one of free Daz+ sci-fi environments, which beg the question: what counts as a science-fiction animals ?

AgitatedRiot said:

Wait, you almost got me. Good for you.

Whether humans are animals has been debated in human terms for centuries. While some argue that humans are unique and distinct from other animals due to our capacity for language, culture, and self-awareness, there is strong evidence to suggest that we are indeed animals.

Firstly, humans share many physical and biological characteristics with other animals, such as the need for food, water, shelter, and the ability to reproduce and adapt to our environment. Our DNA is also remarkably similar to other primates with whom we share a common ancestor.

Furthermore, humans exhibit many behaviors and emotions as other animals, such as fear, joy, and aggression. We also interact socially and form groups like many different animal species.

Finally, the distinction between humans and animals is a cultural and societal construct. In many indigenous cultures, for example, humans are seen as part of the natural world and not separate from other animals.

In conclusion, the evidence suggests that humans are indeed animals. While we may possess unique characteristics and abilities, we are still subject to the same biological and physical laws as other animals. Therefore, We are indeed connected to the natural world around us.

There are humans in my SCI-FI render, and which are the most vicious animals.

Or do I get a do-over, LOL?

yes... DO OVER please cause MAR=HUMAN  :P  lol

edited February 2

Elor said:

I think I would also have done a 'doh' entry, doing an entry with the usual suspects in a one of free Daz+ sci-fi environments, which beg the question: what counts as a science-fiction animals ?

"SCI-FI = animals that do not breathe or come from earth... like robots, androids, etc."  Hope this helps.

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Llola Lane said:

Elor said:

"SCI-FI = animals that do not breath or come from earth... like robots, androids, etc."  Hope this helps.

Llola, I'm guessing we could also render aliens (like Calcarian and Nenana) and alien creatures (like erfe and krok) for February too? That was kinda what I was thinking about for the category along with robots and androids etc. What do you think?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

I took it as I read it wink

SCI-FI = animals that do not breath or come from earth... like robots, androids, etc.

SapphireBlue said:

Llola Lane said:

Elor said:

"SCI-FI = animals that do not breath or come from earth... like robots, androids, etc."  Hope this helps.

Llola, I'm guessing we could also render aliens (like Calcarian and Nenana) and alien creatures (like erfe and krok) for February too? That was kinda what I was thinking about for the category along with robots and androids etc. What do you think?

Sure Saph.. they look like animals to me... ;)