Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2024 (ALL are welcome to join)

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

sueya said:

Here is my entry - I don't do much Sci Fi so this was a challenge for me.

Oh sueya.. that is what this challenge is all about.. getting us out of our comfort zone.. You did great!!!  Thank you for joining us.  I look forward to what you come up with for March.  :)

edited February 29

Since we have 29 days this month it looks like i'm gonna need it.. Last minute posting... sorry.  Hopefully March will be a little less hectic for me.. Thank you all for keeping this thread going..

With 1 day to spare.. I have my Sci Fi Animal finished.. This is on a planet farrrrrrrrr farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away.... I've not used this environment yet and thought it would go great with the horse/sci fi animal i found. lol

"Tapirdary on Planet Gaya"

SCI FI ANIMALS 2minute render DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 200K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

I'll be last minute posting later on this evening when I get chance to focus on uploading. I worked on my render last night, so I'm also doing a last minute submission this month.

Mollytabby said:

I'll be last minute posting later on this evening when I get chance to focus on uploading. I worked on my render last night, so I'm also doing a last minute submission this month.

Can't wait to see it Molly... :)  You and I hold up the end of this month.. lol.

edited February 29

Down to the wire with this one, lol. I did try to post to my gallery but it seems to have disappeared. 

Edited to add link to gallery where the producted used are listed. I get totally confused as to which button I need to press to get an image published into my gallery, lol.

Image of a female robot with two cyber mosquitos and a cyber dog by her side.

2024February-Challenge-RoboticWEB.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on

Oh WOW Molly.. well worth the wait... Love the colors and great Sci-fi animals.. (swats at the bug.. ugghhh)... lol.  Thanks for joining the fun!

Will HUMANS ever tame their inner beast?  We shall see this month... MAR=HUMAN ... post'em when ya finish'em.  :)

Thank you, Lola. It was a bit of a happy accident with the lighting (just clicking on HDR's I haven't used before). Now to get thinking about what to create for March :)

• acbacb Posts: 366
    edited March 1

Yay, March! ... smiley

Zombies are humans, too!

... now I need to find out, what to do with the rest of the month wink

ZombiesAreHumans2.jpg
    1920 x 2560 - 1M
    Post edited by acb on

acb said:

Yay, March! ... smiley

Zombies are humans, too!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.. I'm sure glad I didn't have my mouth full of coffee... lol.  You are firstie and fastie acb.. whew... Thanks for starting us off! 

Sits and twiddles your thumbz now???  lol

Mollytabby said:

Thank you, Lola. It was a bit of a happy accident with the lighting (just clicking on HDR's I haven't used before). Now to get thinking about what to create for March :)

Yeah.. I love those happy accidents... I get in a rut thinking lighting has to be white.. but sometimes some color is great too.  And I DOOOO love red ;)  

Looking forward to seeing what'cha create this month.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,441

Thanks SofaCitizen and Llola Lane, robot animals wasn't something I was really familiar with rendering, but it ended up being lots of fun ^_^ Now for humans, this one should be easy, but I'll have to come up with an idea...

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,270

acb said:

Yay, March! ... smiley

Zombies are humans, too!

Mawhahahaha. Great Image. 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,820

acb said:

Yay, March! ... smiley

Zombies are humans, too!

laugh renderpocalypse! 

Here we go!  I decided to stick with the "Animals" theme, by having my humans dressed as animals! ^_^

Dressing Up

Just a silly picture of four friends getting ready for a costume party. Believe it or not, these characters are all from Genesis 2, which came out in 2013! With conversion to Iray and a few little texture adjustments, they still look pretty good!

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator Pro.

Dressing Up.jpg
    3200 x 1800 - 6M
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,270

"Supers"

Unless they are from another planet, Supers are humans.

Fae3D said:

Here we go!  I decided to stick with the "Animals" theme, by having my humans dressed as animals! ^_^

Dressing Up

Just a silly picture of four friends getting ready for a costume party. Believe it or not, these characters are all from Genesis 2, which came out in 2013! With conversion to Iray and a few little texture adjustments, they still look pretty good!

Rendered in Daz Studio Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator Pro.

OMG...too cute Fae3D... you managed to kill 2 themes with one artwork... HUMAN and ANIMAL... I looooooooooooove it!  Well done... thanks for sharing.

AgitatedRiot said:

"Supers"

Unless they are from another planet, Supers are humans.

For sure Agi.. well done indeedie :)  Thank for keeping the thread going... I'm still working on mine... but I have an idea (winks)

Llola Lane said:

OMG...too cute Fae3D... you managed to kill 2 themes with one artwork... HUMAN and ANIMAL... I looooooooooooove it!  Well done... thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!  I thought it would be a fun idea ^_^

Hi gang... I hope I've not lost yas.  We still have a little over a week to get our challenge artwork together... Post'em when ya got'em... I'm going to try and finish mine this weekend.  Hope everyone is well... hugzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,820

LoRenzo on a bender! laugh

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

@Stezzalaugh

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited March 26

Plea to the Khan

Plea to the Khan.jpg
    1333 x 2000 - 619K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Some great images so far!!

I wish I can render but still having issues with low memory on this damn lappy!!

Saphirewild said:

Some great images so far!!

I wish I can render but still having issues with low memory on this damn lappy!!

Can you create something with postwork in a drawing program?  I'm sure there are a lot of PNG human renders out there???  Maybe???  

Diomede said:

Plea to the Khan

VERY human indeed Diomede... I sure hope the Khan is merciful and fair.  Thanks for helping to keep this tread alive!

edited March 28

Finally got mine done...  Still a few days til the end of the month... Post'em if yas got'em...

"Always HUMAN!"

ALWAYS HUMAN 4minute render DONE SIGN framed.jpg
    1044 x 1044 - 101K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

Good Morning My Friend

Image of a young woman holding up a tabby cat

My submission this month. There are some wonderful renders posted by everyone. Loving the challenge, Lola!

2024March-Challenge-HumanWEB.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 1M
  • ElorElor Posts: 728

Sorry about the pun, I could not resist blush

My entry for this month is Holidays on bike (I did a bit of kitbash with clothes but all should be listed alongside every other product used).

Mollytabby said:

Good Morning My Friend

My submission this month. There are some wonderful renders posted by everyone. Loving the challenge, Lola!

Yay... you KNOW I love an artwork with a cat in it... don'tcha Mollytabby ???  LOL.  Glad you are liking the challenge and I agree... Everyone is sparing no minutes to create wonderful artwork for this thread... I'm sooo happy!