Gallery Ads/Popups

Comments

• dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 803

These also seem to be infecting the rest of Daz domain. 

• csaacsaa Posts: 815

WendyLuvsCatz said:

McGyver said:

https://adblockplus.org/adblock-plus-chrome 

My recent experience have been very good after I switched to Chrome and installed the ad block plus.  Logged in or not on my desktop PC, the forum and the gallery pages are ad free. Sort of miss what suprises Temu has for me. smiley

Cheers!

• MontecristoMontecristo Posts: 49

I'm rarely on the forums these days, more the gallery. I'll add my voice to the chorus: the ad implementation in both is poor and detracts from their usability. Certainly any user paying for Daz+ should not have to put up with ads.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,146

Even without plugins, ff is protecting me on my phone. It's an idea to use Firefox and view the site without the ads.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,216

Ads should not be showing on store pages, so if you are seeing them there please post a screenshot (and check your system for malware and PUPs, I would think).

• LindaBLindaB Posts: 169

I use Firefox with AdBlocker Ultimate, problem solved. I didn't use an ad blocker until DAZ started using ads. If the ads weren't so obnoxious, always in the way, popping up EVERYWHERE I would allow them. I hadn't used an adblocker to start with because I understand that sites need to earn money, but when you get obnoxious and greedy with your ads, you provoke people into using an adblocker.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,032
    edited April 8

I think that's the whole issue

I allow ads on many sites but the ones here are intrusive and terrible

I have noticed I don't get banners on the forum now due to my settings

get them on the store

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Would someone at DAZ like to explain why this nonsense is acceptable...

This is 70% of the ads that load today... Why is some janky suspicious ad loading like a land mine on my screen?... I'm not crazy about accidentally clicking on an ad for Adobe or Petco, or some reputable company, but not some company that clearly is trying to trick you into clicking on their dubious link. If they need to trick you they have a reason not to clearly tell you what the link is for... why the hell is this being allowed?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,111

These, to put it mildly, are NOT ads. Ads promote a product or serviced; this 'thing' does neither, and Daz needs to tell whomever they're working with that this type of unidentified link is absolutely forbidden.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,009

The ads stopped when I blocked the ad server (last one on the list)

blocked.JPG
    281 x 187 - 18K
  • Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

Amen to what McGyver said. This feels like one of those sites where they could have malware bundled with your downloads, You know the sites I generally try to avoid. At least the store doesn't have them.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,435

[email protected] said:

Amen to what McGyver said. This feels like one of those sites where they could have malware bundled with your downloads, You know the sites I generally try to avoid. At least the store doesn't have them.

My father used to say; "Trust is easily given, but once lost is gone forever."  

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 606

I see a ton of Daz ads every day as I browse websites and in apps that show ads, but I never click on them because I'm already a customer here. I wonder how much they spend on these ads. It seems like Daz is trying to make up for ad costs by placing these ads on their website. Since I don't click on them either, maybe Daz doesn't spend or earn from me either way. I don't know, but I sure hate these things blocking parts of my screen.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,591

Quasar said:

I see a ton of Daz ads every day as I browse websites and in apps that show ads, but I never click on them because I'm already a customer here. I wonder how much they spend on these ads. It seems like Daz is trying to make up for ad costs by placing these ads on their website. Since I don't click on them either, maybe Daz doesn't spend or earn from me either way. I don't know, but I sure hate these things blocking parts of my screen.

I've often had a similar thought. I see ads for DAZ all the time and have never clicked on them. Seems like a major flaw in the whole profiling paradigm to me. Yes, they've correctly identified me as someone interested in DAZ assets, but I'm about 10 years and 13K dollars past need the introduction! lol 

- Greg

now I am geting the cookies popup every forum page angry

accepting makes no difference

I don't know how much longer I am going to hang around on this forum either TBH

am trying but if it gets too hard once my DAZ+ subscription ends in a couple of months, I might just go too

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 646

PerttiA said:

I kind of take the opposite approach -- by default I block *everything* and then let through the bare minimum needed so the site works. Also gets rid of all the 3rd party trackers and junk too. Bonus: the site works faster.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,814
    edited April 10

McGyver said:

This is 70% of the ads that load today... Why is some janky suspicious ad loading like a land mine on my screen?... I'm not crazy about accidentally clicking on an ad for Adobe or Petco, or some reputable company, but not some company that clearly is trying to trick you into clicking on their dubious link. If they need to trick you they have a reason not to clearly tell you what the link is for... why the hell is this being allowed?

Like your "Continue", I got this "Next" ad today on my phone. Not only that, but there is another ad above it and yet another if I scroll to the top of the page. I agree that this is completely unacceptable. Who knows where that "Next" goes or what it does? It is deceptive. If you weren't a frequent forum user, you'd probably think it went to the next forum page.

By the way, I was so disgusted, I emptied my cart of my one item I had in there. I haven't "purchased" anything but Daz+ freebies for weeks now, and it appears that the trend will continue.
    I'm inspired to render an image of a dumpster fire.

Screenshot_20240410_132045_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1440 x 3200 - 729K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,311
    edited April 10

barbult said:

McGyver said:

Like your "Continue", I got this "Next" ad today on my phone. Not only that, but there is another ad above it and yet another if I scroll to the top of the page. I agree that this is completely unacceptable. Who knows where that "Next" goes or what it does? It is deceptive. If you weren't a frequent forum user, you'd probably think it went to the next forum page.

By the way, I was so disgusted, I emptied my cart of my one item I had in there. I haven't "purchased" anything but Daz+ freebies for weeks now, and it appears that the trend will continue.
    I'm inspired to render an image of a dumpster fire.

There are still too many things at the store that I want, so I'm putting up with it for now, but even I emptied a cart a couple of days ago. I had to work late and didn't have a lot of time before midnight to shop the day's deals, and as minutes wound down, and I wasn't finding quite the right last item for the cart, I got so annoyed - by many things, but one of those things was from trying to navigate (on a desktop computer with a decently large monitor, mind you) around all these [blank] ads everywhere - that I emptied the cart and haven't bought anything since.

Hanging out at the Daz store, forums and galleries used to be something I did for fun - a ray of fun, a few minutes of escapism, in an otherwise often-stressed existence. Please, Daz PTB, don't take that away. I'm starting to get the sense that I'm here out of habit (or addiction) rather than fun.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,908
    edited April 10

McGyver said:

If you hover over it does it give you the URL by chance? If so post it so we can report it. barbult the same goes with your ad you got.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,111

The 'NEXT' link does not show anything when I roll over it - so I clicked it. It took me to read 247chatter com - and I didn't click on anything there, so I don't know if it was selling or talking about the mass of unrelated items that showed up.

@frank0314 - any link that does not mention a product or service or the web site it links to is not an ad; at best, it is click bait, at worst it is an attempt to get us to a malware installation site. In any case, these unidentified links are completely unacceptable and Daz needs to inform the agency providing them that these are grounds for terminating the contract.

This may be Daz's forum, but it is my computer, and I will not tolerate these being sent to me.

edited April 10

namffuak said:

The 'NEXT' link does not show anything when I roll over it - so I clicked it. It took me to read 247chatter com - and I didn't click on anything there, so I don't know if it was selling or talking about the mass of unrelated items that showed up.

@frank0314 - any link that does not mention a product or service or the web site it links to is not an ad; at best, it is click bait, at worst it is an attempt to get us to a malware installation site. In any case, these unidentified links are completely unacceptable and Daz needs to inform the agency providing them that these are grounds for terminating the contract.

This may be Daz's forum, but it is my computer, and I will not tolerate these being sent to me.

To my knowledge, they do not want those ads.

Edited to add: We have reported them

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 646
    edited April 10

namffuak said:

The 'NEXT' link does not show anything when I roll over it - so I clicked it. It took me to read 247chatter com -

You're braver than I am !!

If I saw a ridiculous pop-up like that I would never click on it, plus since the site that was displaying it to me appeared to be on the sketchy side (otherwise they wouldn't show that stuff) so I would never go back to that site or forum. How many customers have you lost, Daz?

Post edited by ColinFrench on
    edited April 10

namffuak said:

They removed those 2 ads so in theory you shouldn't get them again, barbult. If you guys get any other let us know, please.

edited April 10

This is what the current Daz ad policy inspired me to render. surprise

Dumpster Fire_Default Camera.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on

frank0314 said:

namffuak said:

They removed those 2 ads so in theory you shouldn't get them again, barbult. If you guys get any other let us know, please.

I'll keep an eye out for it, but really, this whole ad thing is very off-putting. I don't spend much time here now.

edited April 10

This is the way of the web and situations like this justify the use of ad blockers. It makes sense! And I do pay to use the site as I continue to buy content. I don't care to stop visiting, And I intend to continue buying content. So I do what I must to keep the site enjoyable for me.

Post edited by Torquinox on

ColinFrench said:

PerttiA said:

I kind of take the opposite approach -- by default I block *everything* and then let through the bare minimum needed so the site works. Also gets rid of all the 3rd party trackers and junk too. Bonus: the site works faster.

I agree with this approach. ^

in the store now too

accept all cookies doesn't work

I submitted a ticket asking if they still want me as a customer because right now in addition to avoiding the forum I am quite happy to save my money if they don't angry

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 262K
    edited April 11

that's it, I am out of here

(only posting to show what your site has become, Malware city)

Untitled.png
    1920 x 1040 - 199K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,216

WendyLuvsCatz said:

that's it, I am out of here

(only posting to show what your site has become, Malware city)

What does Windows limiting Opera have to do with Daz? The message doesn't indicate a specific issue, still less malware on the page.