Render time: 15 mins.
    Lights: 4x Distant lights 1x Uber Environment
    Render Size: 1000x1000

SpyroBloodline_Working_V3GHair_A2-1.png
    925 x 925 - 880K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

WIP Tunic/Loincloth - Surface Details

I have not stopped working on this, rather I have less time to make progress. I was stuck with the detail on the torso for a while, as I couldn't get the ripples in the fabric to work with the mix of Verts and SubD. But I found most of my issue was that I didn't break the symmetry, which I did now, and this is my progress. I'm getting happier with it I think.

WIP_Spy_Tunic_3.jpg
    761 x 780 - 133K
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

It's coming along nicely. Always nice to see shaded mesh renders also. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Gedd! The good thing about shaded mesh is that you see all the geometry detail, (Mind you, it's not yet entered the UV mapping process, so it's either shaded/Wireframe of Hidden line lol)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

Nice work Spyro your project looks like its coming along great .
    I wish you a Happy Holidays :)

edited December 1969

My seccond hairstyle in Garibaldi - This ones for Cayden :)

Special thanks to Mec4D and Gedd for the help with the advice on refining it :)
    Still may undergo some changes, but it's progress that is worth adding to my render/projects thread.

Render time: 10-15 mins.
    Lights: 4x Distant lights 1x Uber Environment
    Render Size: 1500x1500

GHair_Renders_Working_CaydenHr2D.png
    925 x 925 - 931K
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Nice work Spyro your project looks like its coming along great .
    I wish you a Happy Holidays :)

And to you as well! Have a wonderful Christmas :)

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thank you, and it looks good Spyro, your work paid off :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas - must be time down under ;-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas past (I think) Spyro. I forget you folks in Oz get it before we do.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Merry Christmas - must be time down under ;-)

Past...it's very early Boxing Day. 6.30 to be precise. Hope you've all had a great Christmas!

Spryo your work just keeps getting better!

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone :cheese: Merry Christmas to you all and a happy holidays ! :)

edited January 2013

Some of my Garibaldi Hairstyles :)

GHair_Renders_Working_By04_1.png
    925 x 925 - 930K
    GHair_Renders_Working_By01_1.jpg
    925 x 925 - 522K
    GHair_Renders_Working_Issacs.jpg
    925 x 925 - 507K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

Outstanding!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 1969

Wow. Awesome stuff dude:)

edited December 1969

Hehehee... I love this, wish GB did not Cross talk or whatever with LAMH. I'm going to be able to say I knew him when very soon at the rate your going Spyro.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited December 1969

Both the hair and renders look great!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Some of my Garibaldi Hairstyles :)

Fantastic work Spyro.. you did great job with the hair styles. really outstanding.
    edited December 1969

Hahah! Thanks very much guys! So far I've focused on short hair styles, as they proved more difficult than longer hair (I felt obliged to tackle it :-P)... Not to mention the reason I wanted to create hair in the first place was so that I'd finally have short hair, which is notably not all that practical to make using trans mapped hair that also keeps it real at the same time.

I'm working on some ponytail/braid models that will serve as bones/rigging for longer hair, particularly for the females. So I'll be onto the long hair soon.

@Jader - You and me go way back LMAO, plus we are collaborators, projects on the list just need the time to start them lol... How's your tribal project going btw?

Thanks everyone, means a lot to me :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Hahah! Thanks very much guys! So far I've focused on short hair styles, as they proved more difficult than longer hair (I felt obliged to tackle it :-P)... Not to mention the reason I wanted to create hair in the first place was so that I'd finally have short hair, which is notably not all that practical to make using trans mapped hair that also keeps it real at the same time.

I'm working on some ponytail/braid models that will serve as bones/rigging for longer hair, particularly for the females. So I'll be onto the long hair soon.

@Jader - You and me go way back LMAO, plus we are collaborators, projects on the list just need the time to start them lol... How's your tribal project going btw?

Thanks everyone, means a lot to me :)

Now that I have LAMH and have started Furring up some of the Critters I will use I'm getting very close to starting it now. I could not say that without the great Primitive tool set you made. I'm still building the FOOD props that will be needed for it also. You will get them when I'm done of course but I'm thinking of LAMHing those also now. The Sad part is I have over extended myself with so many different projects that I'm behind in them all. Between the CV stuff, the Tribal project, the prop building and renders I have going not one Real thing has been finished in two weeks now. LOL!! :red:
    edited December 1969

Turns Out I've over burdened myself with projects also. With Zevs Ageing for genesis, I'm finally able to fully develop my older characters (And there's alot of them to be created lol) With Garibaldi, I'm finally starting to create hairstyles specifically designed for my characters, which for a long time, I've failed to find hairstyles on the market for what I need, (Crazy enough, not even Victoria's hairstyles on the market fulfill my female design requirements)

I'm juggling several modeling projects, models for use with the hair creations as bones/rigging, and notably Spyro's outfit... With that, I've decided I'm going to approach the detail from a different angle... Paint deformation is OK, but I came across a shirt that is new on the market, and it gave me higher standard to strive for. Since observing the images of that product, I came up with a better Idea to bring the top to its fullest. - I'm a little lost also with the torn fabric... My test attempts to model it didn't work. So, I'm taking a break from clothing lol

And it's that time of the year, where time is hard to get.

edited December 1969

Heishiro and his Mustache :-P

GHair_Renders_Working_Heishiro.png
    925 x 925 - 986K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Heishiro and his Mustache :-P

wow nice work :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Ivy :cheese:

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Yep, beautiful work...love all your hairs.

edited December 1969

I'm starting to have quite a collection too, more to come... And I haven't even started long hair yet. Thanks Pendraia :)

edited December 1969

Revised Spyro and Kyde (Both now use two nodes). Also made their father, he is the first mid length hair... I had some trouble with him, my computer kept freezing and Daz crashing on me... I started a fresh today, no crashes or freezing... I assume I did something wrong with the vert count on the longer hair that didn't agree with Daz/my pc. I intend to give him a ponytail, once I model his hair tie/wrapping.

The father took average of 30-35mins to render. The boys remain at around 15-20mins.

GHair_Renders_Working_Boy02HR_2.png
    925 x 925 - 902K
    GHair_Renders_Working_SpyroHR_4_Fr_1.png
    925 x 925 - 926K
    GHair_Renders_Working_CaydenHR_3_Fr_2.png
    925 x 925 - 875K
    GHair_Renders_Working_Michael_Fr_2.png
    925 x 925 - 987K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Revised Spyro and Kyde (Both now use two nodes). Also made their father, he is the first mid length hair... I had some trouble with him, my computer kept freezing and Daz crashing on me... I started a fresh today, no crashes or freezing... I assume I did something wrong with the vert count on the longer hair that didn't agree with Daz/my pc. I intend to give him a ponytail, once I model his hair tie/wrapping.

The father took average of 30-35mins to render. The boys remain at around 15-20mins.

Thant hair is just fantastic spyro :) keep up the great work :)

edited January 2013

Ponytail Hairstyle.

Render Time: 59 mins.
    Size: 1500x1500px

GHair_Renders_Working_Kyra.png
    925 x 925 - 930K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,304
    edited December 1969

Spyro, that's looking pretty impressive. I really love your young male hairs too.