- - Spyro's Render Thread and Projects - -

1121314151618»

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Thanks very very much guys! and yup, I love DOF as long as used appropriately, really can add allot to composition, much like your render not long ago Tako :D

And totally agree Mori, sometimes those characters you least expect just flourish in unexpected ways. Is good to see where and how far they can go in those instances :)

Many thanks :cheese:

• Tako YakidaTako Yakida Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

No problem, DOF done right is the way to go! :)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Many thanks to all! Makes it all the more worthwhile, cheers :cheese:

Vannix Vycan
    The Vengeful Spirit

A special character I developed, which I started some time in January, she was initially intended for a collaborative project but blossomed beyond her role and specifications, and was put aside. She was suitably different from my 'usual', and rather grew on me the more I tweaked her characteristics.

Vannix is a rogue drow, with a sour hate for the underground dominions. She's very intelligent and with excessively high standards, she's deliberate and always objective, but at the same time is Egocentric and Arrogant.
    She was once a highly established noble of her kin, and served as a senior officer of a legion. Vannix disobeyed direct orders from her 'living goddess' during a war where her legion was expected to face certain death as pawns. Due to her actions, the legion survived, however she was dismissed from rank and title and sentenced to death for her betrayal to the monarchy.

When the time had arrived, she escaped her public execution and fled to the surface. She has since then been cursed by Lolth, and no longer retains much of 'Lolths touch', while additionally suffering from a constant need to replenish her life energy by sacrificing the lives of others. Vannix has taken up the profession as a mercenary, in order to sustain her constant hunger, while controversially on a journey for Corellon's aid.

Great Looking characters Spyro.:)

edited May 2014

Thanks Ivy, much appreciated :)

Something A Little Different
    I'm kind of scared to post the next render as it may conflict with this one

KJT_Abstract_SpyroRue.png
    1576 x 1040 - 1M
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

This one is pretty cool - thew silhouette works very well with the backdrop. A less totally blacked out character might, imho, be worth a consideration, but it's a great composition already!

edited May 2014

Thanks man! Yes indeed, I may play with this concept in future, its rather effective the style I think, It was initially rendered for use as a depth mask for a render, If I were to return to the style as its own render I would look bringing in some of the silhouettes features. Cheers! :)

Jungle Training

A lengthy render I spent time on, did around 50 test renders and trialled various ideas to make the most of the set in combination with the actor within it. I spent allot of time with reflections and composition even the actors skin has reflections. The render initially was designed for use with Volume lighting, however towards the end despite all my efforts to optimize the render, its estimated render time peaked at 15-20hrs.
    I tried fog instead which had no impact of additional time over the render without any fancy environmental effects, so I made the depth mask (posted earlier) to have additional adjustment later in Photoshop over the ambiance and atmosphere.
    There are a total of 12 lights used within this scene.

The character Kyde (aka Kye) was another of my older characters I brought to Genesis 2, and hes been a WIP for many many months now, and he was completely remade along with his new texture set and hair.

Kyde_JungleTraining_SpyroRue.png
    1576 x 1040 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Kyde Caliah
    Unleashed and Determined

I've been working on Kye since Genesis 2 Male became available, everything about him has been revised and remade. He's a personal character belonging to my creative writings (like Spyro) and I feel he's very much how I envisioned him within the story. He's also the lead character so I had to ensure hes as true to the character as he can possibly be :)

KyeCaliah_SpyroRue.png
    1576 x 976 - 1M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,032
    edited December 1969

very nice indeed Spyro <3</p>

edited December 1969

Many thanks Wendy, Glad you like, means allot to me :cheese:

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

I like the silhoutte pic a lot. And your new character looks like he cak kick some serious behind :D

edited July 2014

I have pretty much moved allot of my render posting to my DA now, I had set it up six years ago and never really made full use of it lol, but on that note theres always renders that belong here.

House II - Group Avy
    This was compiled of each of our own renders of our characters, I found it was much more special for our own work to be combined rather than one rendering all. (So on that note the piece is owned by all five of us, I just combined them). But of course, darn skype has lost the ability to add a group avatar now, what a coincidence LOL Wendy made a placeholder account to display it in the meantime LMAO

Photoshoot
    And Having had the opportunity to play with Skiriki's character preset, I was inspired by her to try out something different. I went and got me photo taken with Mother Ski :D

Photoshoot_SpyroRue.png
    800 x 1000 - 645K
    TheHouse2.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,032
    edited December 1969

Our group will live on and Jaderail still very much a part of it even if we can only render him now.
    Lovely group photo of us there Spy.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the good old days 

Ohh Mistyyy heart This should be long long lonnnnng long long dead a thread rofl