- - Spyro's Render Thread and Projects - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Ds 4.5 pro. It the first time I attempted to use uber lighting and i just couldn't get it to work

Which build? Some builds of DS4.5 had problems with area lights. The current one (4.5.1.6) does not have this problem, as far as I know.

That's the beta version is it? Do any of you guys use the beta? (Because 4.5 pro has been so reliable for me so far (Other than the area lights) I'm scared to move to beta in fear of walking into an unreliable version) If any of you do use it, Is the beta actually 'better' and the original 4.5pro?

Mine is 4.5.0.114

edited December 1969

And thanks very much for all your kind comments guys :cheese:

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

4.5.1.6 is actually not a beta. It's the new version that was released in conjunction with the DSON Importer thing, I believe. There was a beta in between the two--I never installed it, though. So far I'm not having any problems with 4.5.1.6, but I suspect that render times are higher than in the version you are using.

edited December 1969

Sux bout the render times.. Owell... If it works well then perhaps it's worth getting :) Thanks Scott!

edited December 1969

Just a test render to see what lighting changes for the characters will need to be made.

It's amazing that you can have good lights for the set that you like... But when you load in characters, you realize you need extra lights to bring out the characters. The lighting in this set for the characters will be challenge cos they are back lit by the screen, the existing set lights are set up to work well with the set and reflections. The character lights will need to be planned well to work with everything else.

News7-shot1_test.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 619K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Sux bout the render times.. Owell... If it works well then perhaps it's worth getting :) Thanks Scott!

Not sure about the render times...especially since I've been trying out new products, including hair, light presets, and shaders. But so far, that's my impression.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

4.5.1.6 is the Full Dson version of DS and it has had many improvements. It also has a newer version of 3Delight render engine giving better performance than 4.5P did. I hope this helps.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    4.5.1.6 is the Full Dson version of DS and it has had many improvements. It also has a newer version of 3Delight render engine giving better performance than 4.5P did. I hope this helps.

Yes It does help. Thanks Jader and Scott. I have reset my downloads and am downloading now :cheese:

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:

Yes It does help. Thanks Jader and Scott. I have reset my downloads and am downloading now :cheese:

Something you maybe interested in Spyro.
    Pixar released a plugin for 3ds and Maya for Renderman studio render engine back a few months ago., they also now have a renderman Cloud Based server render farm for all other 3d programs, I got a unlimited trial version with my Autodesk University student ID so i can't tell you how much it cost to buy it.

Right now I trying to do a Baltimore Haunted Castle animation using poser & poser-fusion, via through autodesk suite. rendered with the Renderman studio3.9,
    I am getting some help from a 3rd year student in Autodesk & friend i made at school.

I think they just released the new studio 4 version last week with the render17 engine.server. I got a news letter on it stating they had.
    I think the render time is a little faster than 3dlight , I rendered a 1650 keyframe w/ 4 lights paths. 2 secular UV maps, for a 55 seconds scene 1920 x 1080 300dpi, in about 3 hours ,the quality to me is only a little better than 3dlight. but it does give you a lot more options with overlaying lights and volumetric, for program base VFX & it came with the After-effects plugin also,
    check it out.
    http://renderman.pixar.com/view/renderman

I'll be posting my animation in about another week or so., we are still working on sound files. and story board changes.

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info Ivy :cheese: I'll have a look.

Looking forward to seeing your animation! I'm glad to hear things are going well for you :) You are very fortunate to have someone so far in their studies! I'm sure it will really help you get through it all

edited December 1969

MY 2500th POST!! - Spyro is now an addict!

"Defending the clan"

I fell in love with the assassin's creed loading screen... So I made a work that incorporated the theme.

Defending_the_clan.jpg
    2000 x 1200 - 761K
    edited December 1969

Appropriately epic! Great work, and congratulations!

edited December 1969

Appropriately epic! Great work, and congratulations!

Thanks Scott! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Wow very good work Spyro. Keep it up.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Wow very good work Spyro. Keep it up.

My tribes land is being invaded by the English! Even the youngest of warriors are fighting for their land.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You wait, You will be in trouble if they co-opt the Welsh Archers to help them out.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    You wait, You will be in trouble if they co-opt the Welsh Archers to help them out.

LOL Yes I know hehe! - I think despite the epic depicted scene, they're in a lot of trouble.

edited December 1969

Wait one freaking minute. Not only does my tribe need to get close to the coast to meet your tribe now but they will have to travel through time to meet your tribe as well. That's one long strange journey.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Wait one freaking minute. Not only does my tribe need to get close to the coast to meet your tribe now but they will have to travel through time to meet your tribe as well. That's one long strange journey.

The world is a strange place. LMAO. I guess my tribe is stuck in another dimension haha!

edited October 2012

Just a test for the new News7 format.

Need to see if this is practical in the forums.

This is a vertical form... Not sure if horizontal (Left to Right) would be better?

News7_S2_EP1_P1_V2_Sized.jpg
    1416 x 1700 - 1M
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

An alternative is this... More graphic novel style.

I am tending to dislike this particular choice as it tends to not work particularly well with the 'Subject' of news. It really limits the backdrop... So I tried the earlier posted style.

News7_S2_EP1_P1_V1.jpg
    1190 x 1700 - 809K
    edited December 1969

First but Left to right.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    First but Left to right.

Thank you Jader :cheese:

edited December 1969

Here we go. Is this better you think??

I myself am much more happier with this version.

News7_S2_EP1_P1_V3_Forum.jpg
    1354 x 1750 - 1M
    edited October 2012

Much better but I'm old school I would prefer balloons with arrows. You could just do the Bars with pointers or something along those lines me PS master. ;-)

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Much better but I'm old school I would prefer balloons with arrows. You could just do the Bars with pointers or something along those lines me PS master. ;-)

I'll have to make some :cheese: and give it a go. I'll assemble the next page then make some speech bubbles.

edited December 1969

More power to you Spyro. I gave up on my Comic when It hit me I could not get a page a day out of myself.

edited December 1969

Well this is kinda like 3 full days of solid rendering and I haven't yet rendered to full script lol.

News7 - Season 2 - Pages 1 + 2

I'd like to use speech bubbles, but they have so much to talk about LOL

News7_S2_EP1_P2_V3_2.jpg
    1354 x 1750 - 978K
    News7_S2_EP1_P1_V3_Forum.jpg
    1354 x 1750 - 1M
    edited December 1969

This is a frame by frame version. (Similar to the first 4 episodes)

I like this method as well because there is a lot more room to add information and also allows for higher resolution.

The downside is that the overall narrative may loose it's bite. That said though, I think the Graphic novel/story board style looses it's possibility of lengthy comments and the heart of the news story being conveyed.

News7_-_Episode_5_V2.jpg
    1500 x 1190 - 1M
    edited December 1969

My new Avatar.

SpyroAvatar2_Working.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 504K