- - Spyro's Render Thread and Projects - -

Comments

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

I really like your tribal project. As for the tribal boy, did you make the necklaces, arm bands, and bracelet yourself, or get them someplace? I have been looking for a good necklace with a tooth forever and can't find one.

• BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Spyro :-) I have been looking for things just like these for a loong time. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I also Thank you. Now my Tribe MIGHT have a item that the Old woman can prove the tribes need not FIGHT when they meet. ;-)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I also Thank you. Now my Tribe MIGHT have a item that the Old woman can prove the tribes need not FIGHT when they meet. ;-)

Well well, sounds like you're coming up with some ideas :cheese: When the tribes meet, I'm thinking it would be good if we can add a story element to the image... I have really been inspired lately by the renders that have a novel like approach. You yourself have been doing it with your tribal project you got going :) wordless, yet worth a 1000 words.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:

Well well, sounds like you're coming up with some ideas :cheese: When the tribes meet, I'm thinking it would be good if we can add a story element to the image... I have really been inspired lately by the renders that have a novel like approach. You yourself have been doing it with your tribal project you got going :) wordless, yet worth a 1000 words.Well I think you give my test renders to much credit, those are not really tied to my idea just ghost of my idea. But I can see the cross over working very well from what I know about primitive life.

Example: Your Tribe looks to live on the coast or a large water. History has shown that some of the most advanced settlement's were on those sites. Plentiful food resources and fair weather makes for that type of advancement. My tribe comes from the deep mountain regions of the world, less time spent improving life and much more time spent on just staying alive. It all works out mostly.

edited December 1969

That's true. I envy your knowledge!

Based on your tribes anatomy, proportions an pretty darn close to modern human anatomy, you can safely say they are relatively close in stage of modern human evolution, so there'd be a window of about 40,000 years. Considering the clothing they wear, at least from what I have seen of them, I'd also say they aren't in too cold of an environment, perhaps situated in a dryer/comfortably temperate climate, more so than the 'snowy' mountains, but definitely mountainous and inland. They may be located between the equator and the north and south regions, certainly not at the poles. Their level of technology suggests they are isolated, perhaps rarely seen by the rest of the world. Trade is unlikely outside their own people. By the fact that their skin is not all that dark, one could also speculate that they aren't in the desert or open plains or open grass lands. I would imagine they have plenty of trees in their homeland and lots of shade. Not jungle, but more like dry forests.

I could go on, but it's all speculation and observation lol And I could write a book on it all HAHA!

edited December 1969

I must confess, My stuff is based on 30 or less thousand years ago, in the United States before man became settled and all the large fauna died off. When the land was still open, except for the glaciers, full of good hunting, and covered in grasslands and heavy forest. The renders I have done so far are all Spring or summer renders, I'm still working on winter and fall clothing (close now). This would be mid to late Stone Age Homo Sapien man. Us, but before animal husbandry and framing.

edited December 1969

Clothes particularly can be a hard find unfortunately. I'm very limited with tribal wear :(

And I cant wait to see what you come up with for winter wear!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Clothes particularly can be a hard find unfortunately. I'm very limited with tribal wear :(

And I cant wait to see what you come up with for winter wear!

What sort of clothing are you after Spyro? Do you have any pics?
    edited December 1969

Well, Reference images are so hard to come by...

Basically I'm not so much a person to stick with any one culture, But I'd say my interested style of tribal wear is probably closest to Native American Indians (Excluding all the frilly bits), but with a tropical islander heavily in mind as well.

I'm pretty much into "fictional" as I'm building up a rather unique fictional race. I'm right into the concept of loincloths but not where they are too exposed, like say the Africans, Australian Aborigines or pacific islanders. I much rather lots of leather and pelt elements. Laced up trousers, tall boots. No bright colours, all natural tans and browns.

Jewelry: bracelets, necklaces, armbands made up with bone, shells, wood, feathers, leather straps and cords.

I also like the idea of distinct patches of pelt/leather hand sewn to form the clothing. Belts: Lots of straps, multiple belts even. Poncho or cloak made of pelt/leather or heavy worn fabric is a good idea too.

Soooo many Idea's LOL.

I'll start with some of the scorpion king, Very close in terms of Rock's costume. I love the cut up pieces all joined together. A great costume :)

11f3e3e368dfcd69big.jpg
    634 x 550 - 70K
    bigsk8.jpg
    739 x 481 - 211K
    body1.jpg
    480 x 722 - 31K
    bigsk5.jpg
    717 x 483 - 261K
    0e1b0a4879349eceda87bb76ee42056e.jpg
    950 x 920 - 180K
    edited December 1969

Jewelry images I like

Philippine_Wooden_Beads_Tribal_Beads_Ethnic_Native.jpg
    360 x 450 - 28K
    Na5H.jpg
    300 x 300 - 23K
    Himba_L.jpg
    664 x 372 - 57K
    chocolate-sell.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 59K
    114204997_o.jpg
    300 x 300 - 26K
    edited December 1969

Other clothing...

Mage_and_Guardians_by_thefuguestateCen.jpg
    622 x 649 - 287K
    ___49_by_sinix-d4ogdjh.jpg
    959 x 833 - 71K
    TU__ninja_talkshow_concept_by_HOON.jpg
    600 x 862 - 413K
    Malia_Tahca_Ska_by_JayelDraco.jpg
    900 x 1391 - 478K
    diablo_iii_witch_doctor_high_resolution_with_mask_by_azraele-d52yt8l.jpg
    1024 x 1516 - 182K
    edited December 1969

Some more References...

Tribal_Girl_by_Celestial4ever.jpg
    389 x 550 - 78K
    Tribal_Girl_by_Celestial4ever.jpg
    389 x 550 - 78K
    tribal_royal_by_augustok-d3fkxhy.jpg
    765 x 1000 - 394K
    commission_for_sennydragon_by_dwenda-d3831ja.png
    776 x 1600 - 953K
    Dreamcatcher_by_godofwar.jpg
    560 x 900 - 178K
    edited December 1969

These ones are Sci fi... But it's the concept that I like... The tunic and definitely the fabric loincloths.

2500_UnleashStarkiller_jpg-610x400.jpg
    603 x 400 - 46K
    apprentice_turnaround.jpg
    1650 x 972 - 934K
    starwars_starkiller_1xl.jpg
    500 x 700 - 113K
    4725616161_d65371efac_o.jpg
    1023 x 584 - 82K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting the images some could be created by retexturing but there are a couple of items that I might have a chance of actually making I'll have a little play on the weekend...not promising anything just in case I can't but I'll see if I can. ; )

edited December 1969

Omg! How exciting! Thank you heaps :cheese: I'm only just starting to learn clothing making, and it's taking so long to model and I only working on the shoes atm lol Thanks again, if you have any further questions just ask :) (Also, in case you weren't aware, all my characters are genesis, I stopped using gen 4 when Michael 5 came out.) I just hope I can successfully make the boots work so that I can learn the rest of the clothes.

edited December 1969

News 7 - Episode 1

SPYRONews_1.jpg
    1000 x 796 - 589K
    edited December 1969

Boots update...

I'll be working on leveling the verticies at the ankle, then I'll work my way up the leg. :cheese:

I'll also be altering the mesh at the toe section and heel, so that it can be wielded. Thus far, as I've conferred with sickle yield, the soul of the boot will not be wielded. That said though, depending on how easy it is to set up multiple material zones on one model in 3ds max, I may decide to wield.

Boot5_3.jpg
    1421 x 718 - 256K
    Boot5_2.jpg
    1421 x 718 - 212K
    Boot5_1.jpg
    1421 x 718 - 864K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Omg! How exciting! Thank you heaps :cheese: I'm only just starting to learn clothing making, and it's taking so long to model and I only working on the shoes atm lol Thanks again, if you have any further questions just ask :) (Also, in case you weren't aware, all my characters are genesis, I stopped using gen 4 when Michael 5 came out.) I just hope I can successfully make the boots work so that I can learn the rest of the clothes.

I've only done a couple of things so far myself...I tend to be rather slow on top of that. Shoes...you did start with the difficult stuff didn't you? : )

It would be genesis as I don't use other characters and I only know how to do clothes for Genesis

I was thinking of one of the skirts with the pointy hem and the top to go with...but we'll see how it goes before I say to much. ; )

edited October 2012

Pendraia said:

I've only done a couple of things so far myself...I tend to be rather slow on top of that. Shoes...you did start with the difficult stuff didn't you? : )

It would be genesis as I don't use other characters and I only know how to do clothes for Genesis

I cant say it was the best first item to make, but as I intend it all to come together as a full outfit, it had to be made first... as the pants need to tuck into the boots and the tunic needs to fit perfectly with the pants... All the belts and buckles and straps need to be done last (Despite being the simplest to model.

I was thinking of one of the skirts with the pointy hem and the top to go with...but we'll see how it goes before I say to much. ; )

Which one are you referring to? You got me all curious lol! (feel free to re-post the image reference)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Spyro said:

I was thinking of one of the skirts with the pointy hem and the top to go with...but we'll see how it goes before I say to much. ; )HEY!! Hold your horses here, you can not go making stuff for Spyro's tribe. Mine will needs nice clothes as well. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Am I sensing some jealousy here? lol This stuff could be usable by you aswell

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Am I sensing some jealousy here? lol This stuff could be usable by you aswell
    I knew that, just poking some fun at Pen. I don't cross paths with them as much as I did in the old forums.

P.S. I posted the M4 Police uniform on a Genesis M4 in the complaint thread. I used some shaders for better cloth.
    edited October 2012

News 7 - Episode 2

SPYRONews2.jpg
    1000 x 796 - 650K
    edited December 1969

And now I know why you wanted the Cop uniform. Good Work dude.

edited October 2012

Well I had to do something with my new robot lol Genesis it its true form.

edited December 1969

News 7 - Episode 3

SPYRONews3.jpg
    1000 x 796 - 639K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Pendraia said:
    Spyro said:

HEY!! Hold your horses here, you can not go making stuff for Spyro's tribe. Mine will needs nice clothes as well. :cheese:Rofl...anything I make would be available to anyone. That's not to say you'll want it though. Got a few ideas about the hem I want to try not sure how well it will work though. I'm hoping to get some time this afternoon to start looking at it. Gotta do the mundane tasks like grocery shopping first ; )

@spryo...I think you're very brave starting with shoes.

@Jaderail, I still post just not as frequently during the school term. This term is likely to be insanely busy due to end of year reports.

edited December 1969

Pendraia if you make it, I will snag it. Your good and you know it.