are you a (serial) thread killer?

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,586

LMAO I'm eclectic when it comes to music and film. I like to everything from Classical to whatever is currently happening. I'm sure there are some I still don't know about or given enough time to get to know about, such as Dirge.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,472
    edited May 14

I'm a melody/harmony guy, with no rhythm.  For me music is like home architecture:  A world replete with huts & hovels.  Great fields of tract-homes.  Communities of generational styles.  Some neighborhoods of McMansions.  A few castles in prime positions.  And shining above it all are the grand palaces.    I've found interesting examples in all genre, but I prefer wandering the palaces.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,153

I don't have the energy or the appetite to make myself multiple courses meals. I made too much to eat tonight.

I might eat a snack later?

I'm trying to decide between watching tv or a nap.  It is a dark and dreary early evening.

There is a Jason Mamoa movie I haven't seen yet on Max.  (I didn't take Jason's picture other than from the web.)

IMG_1799.jpeg
    2000 x 3000 - 1M

Ah, managing leftovers.  A necessary skill.  I had to have breakfast for dinner tonight.  Had to use up those skillet fries, asparagus, Vienna Sausage, and aging eggs.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited May 15

...I got leftover management down to a science.  Needed to when I was still working as I'd get home late (2 hr commute) and by that time I was too worn out to make a good dinner from scratch,  That's whne I took to cooking  big batches or things like curry, pasta sauce, and burrito/taco filling on the weekends then portion them out into containers for the weekday meals and put them in the freezer. 

The most I had to do when I got home was boil pasta, cook rice, or warm up tortillas and heat the rest up in the MW. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Yep, I pre-make and/or freeze; hamburg patties, goulash, and pizza.  As well as individual servings of chicken & rice, one-pound chunks of ham or hamburg.  Also, cookies, and servings of potato-ham-onion breakfast scramble.  I also keep loaves of bread in the freezer and pull out 2 or 4 slices at a time to keep in a zip lock bag for a day or so. (otherwise I eat entirely too much bread)  Getting to the point where I need a bigger freezer than the one in the refrigerator.  Yeah, yeah, it's not gormet living but one copes.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,758

We have kind of a bread situation too. I bought two loaves of bread, thinking we need one and my brother's son could use the other. It turned out he had a whole loaf of bread, and so did we. And I couldn't get anybody to take these two extra loaves of bread. I finally resolved that we will have to make a whole lot of toast... whole lot.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,342
    edited May 17

When I was a single person living alone, I used to grill a bunch of burgers and immediately freeze them individually in foil. You could have them for weeks in the freezer and they'd heat up in the microwave almost as good as fresh off the grill. Couldn't tell you how many work lunches (and single-person dinners) I made that way.

Our favorite freezer tip: if you have one of those seal-a-meal gadgets, make one-pound packages of frozen burger and flatten them - they end up maybe a half-inch thick or so. Not only do they take up less space in the freezer and keep pretty well, they defrost in next to no time at all if you just submerge them in water for a short time. Date them and rotate them for freshness.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

NylonGirl said:

We have kind of a bread situation too. I bought two loaves of bread, thinking we need one and my brother's son could use the other. It turned out he had a whole loaf of bread, and so did we. And I couldn't get anybody to take these two extra loaves of bread. I finally resolved that we will have to make a whole lot of toast... whole lot.

...grilled cheesies, French toast, patty melts (a burger on slightly toasted bread with swiss cheese and grilled onions), open face meatloaf sandwich smothered in mushroom gravy with a side of mashed potatoes.

I could go through a loaf of bread in a few days.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,120

a couple of loaves and some fishes can feed many in the right hands angel

Let's be joyful!

IMG_1835.jpeg
    480 x 640 - 168K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,937
    edited May 19

NylonGirl said:

Could make some grilled cheese, SoS or poor man french toast instead of slightly hardened french bread. Birds and squirrels love it too. Not sure the cost of bread where your at but here it's about $2.00 so not hard on the pocketbook if going to waste.

Post edited by frank0314 on

Don't feed ducks bread as they will get full and not eat nutritious food they need.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,895

WendyLuvsCatz said:

a couple of loaves and some fishes can feed many in the right hands angel

Thank you. 

I think someone pulled up next to the house.  I hope it is my housemate instead of a stranger I don't know.

or a surprise visitor?

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,413

I cook one meal a day—simple to complex, depending on the day of the year.

...just bought more cereal today to drown in milk for tomorrow's brekkie.

kyoto kid said:

...just bought more cereal today to drown in milk for tomorrow's brekkie.

i just got milk to use for all the cereal i have. 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,342

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I killed the thread. Wow. I don't know what to say.

I killed another thread. "There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2" has come to the end of its life.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

I was wondering if anyone actually still mentions killed threads here. I got one disintegrated a few days ago. Didn't even do it on purpose. Sad when that happens.

Want any worms?

IMG_1898.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    edited May 23

Sfariah D said:

Want any worms?

Thanks for the offer. I must pass on the worms. I'm sure someone will like them.

Post edited by Torquinox on

Torquinox said:

Sfariah D said:

Want any worms?

Thanks for the offer. I must pass on the worms. I'm sure someone will like them.

actually I have no way to send the worms to anyone.  It will be much cheaper for them to buy worms from their local store. 

edited May 24

Sfariah D said:

actually I have no way to send the worms to anyone.  It will be much cheaper for them to buy worms from their local store. 

No worries. I was playing along laugh

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,079

I asked my dog if she would like some worms. She said, "Not a fan."

How does your dog feel about cicadas?

Too bad you don't have a bearded dragon or I could send you the dead cockroaches I find?

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,751

Sfariah D said:

Want any worms?

That much sugar could actually hurt some people.

FirstBastion said:

Sfariah D said:

Want any worms?

That much sugar could actually hurt some people.

But they'd do it anyway.

Sfariah D said:

Too bad you don't have a bearded dragon or I could send you the dead cockroaches I find?

I don't have one of those. Watching a dog eat live cicadas and hearing the little crunching noises is pretty gross! surprise   Also, it seems cicadas are a high-calorie food. It almost makes one wonder why humans aren't also eating them.