are you a (serial) thread killer?

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,153

I found a place that can give me $10 per hour I help them.  Is that good? 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited May 25

...first toasted a bagel and then smothered it in cream cheese this morning, there was a sigh of relief from inside cereal box.. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,079

Torquinox said:

How does your dog feel about cicadas?

Those she eats like popcorn. 

And she eats popcorn like cicadas.

TJohn said:

And she eats popcorn like cicadas.

I don't eat cicadas but I eat popcorn.  Maybe I can make popcorn? 

...today's brekkie was a massacre, several slices bacon were pulled from the depths of freezer (where they were hibernating) and broiled, shredded potatoes were subjected to the griddle of infernal frying, and two slices of bread were sent to the toaster of doom..

Meanwhile there was another sigh of relief from inside the cereal box on top of the fridge. 

[little does it know what awaits it  tomorrow hehhehheh]

Apparently I got my old job back!  Hopefully I can get the money to keep Daz+ before it expires.  When does it expire?

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,758

Just let it expire.

I once had my own bad cereal experience. It was back when I was small enough to be considered a toy, and I found myself packaged in plastic and stuffed into a cereal box. That wasn't the bad part. I wanted little Julie to find me first. She looked like she would enjoy a giraffe doll. But then here comes little Timmy who just takes the box of cereal and dumps the entire thing into a huge bowl so he can get the toy. Nobody's going to eat that cereal now.

] ..........
    ] initiating sanity check now

] ..........
    ] initiating lens cleaning now

] ..........
    ] ok

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

TJohn said:

Torquinox said:

How does your dog feel about cicadas?

Those she eats like popcorn. 

Dogs are like that! laugh

Just realized that the curtains on the windows can be functional as well as decorative.  The window next to my bed was creating glare on my computer.  I closed the curtain and that solved that problem.

Are food lion Oreo like cookies still as good as Oreo brand Oreos?

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,342

Sadly, I've found very few store brand equivalents IMHO are good enough to be worth the money saved, if the spare money is there to buy the name brand.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Sadly, I've found very few store brand equivalents IMHO are good enough to be worth the money saved, if the spare money is there to buy the name brand.

true.  I have two different Oreo packs at home that are true Oreos.

...ah, have a new box of cereal.for my bowl and spoon of doom  mwahaha!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,472
    edited June 2

Sfariah D said:

Are food lion Oreo like cookies still as good as Oreo brand Oreos?

Taste is subjective.  But, "probably" is a good answer to your question.  And they are probably less expensive than official Oreos too.  But Oreos themselves are less expensive than Hydrox.  (Old timers rejoice, Hydrox cookies are available if you look hardyes and have deep pockets.frown)   Hydrox came first, Oreos are the knockoff.  Personally I like Hydrox cookies over Oreos, but if you shove a plate of oreo-like cookies, from anybody, under my nose I'll eat them without complaint.

The battle between Oreo and Hydrox is a documented biscuit event, but Oreo won and Hydrox stopped trying in the early 2000s.  However, small quantities of official Hydrox cookies(although the recipe has been moderiized, probably making them more like Oreos) appeared on Amazon a year or so ago. (I got some) And "yes", I remember from my kid-hood days, that Hydrox cookies do stand up to being dipped in milk better than Oreos.smiley  Now days, you can find Hydrox cookies on eBay at terribly inflated prices.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/134972453768?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=134972453768&targetid=2299003535955&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9005692&poi=&campaignid=21214273144&mkgroupid=164316470867&rlsatarget=pla-2299003535955&abcId=9407518&merchantid=6296724&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsPCyBhD4ARIsAPaaRf2SieLmSEg4jcB4t_HYl10ykLeJYoFA49QKCYvnCP5IRPnw8PCTttcaAlGxEALw_wcB

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

...OK I may be weird, but I never really cared for crème sandwich cookies very much.  About the only store bought cookies I liked were the "windmill"  speculaas cookies, shortbread (like Lorna Doones), coconut bars, and butter cookies. 

Of course when your granddad was a professional baker  (and mum was pretty good at it herself), fresh home baked won hands down every time. .Nothing like chocolate ship cookies (made with dark chocolate chunks) oatmeal raisin, or peanut butter cookies, particularly when they are still a bit warm. The Yule holidays with treats like the classic decorated  butter cookies in various holiday shapes, icebox cookies, pfeffernüsse and home baked gingerbread were particularly wonderful.

Yeah, I was spoiled as a child.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,758

I like my cookies big and soft. But Oreos have a flavor I like enough to eat them even though they're small and hard. Currently I really like that footlong cookie at Subway.

I don't understand the difference between supreme tacos and regular tacos.  Why is one so much more than the other?

Footlong cookie, where were you when I needed you. crying

Subway-Footlong-Cookie-FT-BLOG1123-b11dc804d2db407b994092cca8528e6b.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 152K

Sfariah D said:

I don't understand the difference between supreme tacos and regular tacos.  Why is one so much more than the other?

Supreme has sour cream and maybe also guacamole. It may be a little larger and have more ingredients, with a higher price tag.

Sfariah D said:

They put a little salad on top of each supreme taco so you can tell people you had a salad for lunch instead of a big greasy taco. 

Big Greasy Taco would have made a good name for a 60s psychedelic band.

edited June 8

I need some cereal, but I don't have any. So I'm making potstickers instead.

Post edited by Torquinox on

I need to see what I can eat.  It is probably in the kitchen  but not on the ceiling of my room?

Let's hope it's not on the ceiling of your room. The kitchen is a better place to look.

Torquinox said:

Let's hope it's not on the ceiling of your room. The kitchen is a better place to look.

i found some bagel bites in the freezer in the kitchen.   

Sfariah D said:

i found some bagel bites in the freezer in the kitchen.   

Excellent! :D 

I found a picture of my high school's female dog.  She was also the teacher's pet.

oh my high school mainly had one main teacher.  I still talk to her today.  I call her mummy.

not going to post pictures of Mummy without permission.  The photo was of Spicy the female dog friend of mine growing up.  She hated thunderstorms and would sneak into my room.

basically Spicy was a good dog.

IMG_2126.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M

Sfariah D said:

I found a picture of my high school's female dog.  She was also the teacher's pet.

oh my high school mainly had one main teacher.  I still talk to her today.  I call her mummy.

not going to post pictures of Mummy without permission.  The photo was of Spicy the female dog friend of mine growing up.  She hated thunderstorms and would sneak into my room.

Cute dog! One teacher for the whole high school? I'm missing something.

Torquinox said:

Sfariah D said:

Cute dog! One teacher for the whole high school? I'm missing something.

After my brother graduated, I was the only student.  After I graduated, the school closed down.  Oh what I'm trying to say was that I was homeschooled.