are you a (serial) thread killer?

12346»

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,472
    edited September 3

TJohn said:

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

...pigeons are actually an invasive species in North America..

So are Homo Sapiens.

I think people were already in North and South America when Europeans started arriving. 

Exactly.  The early arrivers invaded the empty-of-humans continent of North America.  But there was no-one there to register their arrival.  By time the Europeans arrived (Johnny-come-latelys) their arrival was noticed and recorded.  But there was a time before Homo-Sapiens in North America, and then the ice melted and they walked in and started to take over the place, as the species is wont to do.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,079

Well I wont to eat lunch.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

...had waffles and sasuage for brekkie this morning so the cereal was spared for the time being.

edited September 9

A Ponderable:  The word "wont" means "a customary behavior", is homonym-ish and almost sounds-like the word "want" ("desire").  Although, I can understand the blurring of the sounds of the soft  "o" and the soft "a" in those two words.  But a third word "won't" (contraction for "will not") pronounces the "o" distinctly as a hard "o".  So, where the heck did the sound of the soft "i" go?surprise  By rules of contraction, the word should be "wiln't".frown  Don't you just love English?indecision

edited September 9

kyoto kid said:

...had waffles and sasuage for brekkie this morning so the cereal was spared for the time being.

But you stuck-it to the pig.indecision 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,758

If it's a quantum pig, we can use the leftovers.

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

...actually, it was turkey breakfast sausage.  Need to be careful of those trans-fats these days.  

edited September 10

kyoto kid said:

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

...actually, it was turkey breakfast sausage.  Need to be careful of those trans-fats these days.  

I guess he was a loser at the President's pardoning. indecision

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,153

I somehow got unsubscribed from this thread!

Saw an ad in movie theater with Peyton Manning.  The ad mentions a sport?  Which one is it?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,974

Sfariah D said:

Saw an ad in movie theater with Peyton Manning.  The ad mentions a sport?  Which one is it?

For Peyton Manning? Acting.

edited September 13

Sfariah D said:

...well he did appear on a box of Wheaties wearing what appears to be a football uniform.

...mmmmmm....cereal  

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I'm about to order these sheets!  Hopefully they will look good on my bed!  First I need to add money to my debit card!  Then I can order it!

IMG_3163.jpeg
    1170 x 2182 - 835K

I need to stop requesting seconds on my popcorn.  I'm bringing home more than I can eat!

I have regal unlimited and a reusable cup and popcorn bucket.  Turns out I get it for free.

movies start now!  That looked like Chris Hemmingsworth!  He is so hot!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,120

I haven't posted much, am trying to lurk

however I have noticed I killed quite a few threads in those times I posted

and stirred one up too